Creating an age or service spread chart

I have an XL2003 spreadsheet containing employee names, departments and dates
of birth.  I would like to set up charts showing (a) how many people are in
each department and (b) how many people are of each age.
--
Dave B

You could set up a separate table to get the info. List the departments and
use an indirect sumproduct formula such as

=SUMPRODUCT((ChecksB=B10)*1)
or
=SUMPRODUCT((ChecksB=B10)*ChecksD)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Dave Bradshaw" <DaveBradshaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an XL2003 spreadsheet containing employee names, departments and
>dates
> of birth.  I would like to set up charts showing (a) how many people are
> in
> each department and (b) how many people are of each age.
> --
> Dave B

0
dguillett1 (2487)

How do I create a bell curve? I have my z, p, std. dev., mean,etc
I am trying to take my std dev, mean, z, p, Confidence level, etc...plot and shade areas using excel. Brian - See the ShadedNormalDensityCurve workbook at http://www.mikemiddleton.com/ShadedNormalDensity.xls - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B310F6CD-8380-49CB-AE58-4C7147FFB279@microsoft.com... >I am trying to take my std dev, mean, z, p, Confidence level, etc...plot >and > shade areas using excel. ...

population pyramids using bar charts with a secondary axis
I have a problem that I had given up as unsolvable, but after recently learning about secondary axes, I've made encouraging progress. However, I'm stuck on the last step(s), and I'm hoping that someone will have some suggestions. My organization has been producing reports that contain population pyramids. In the past, all of their reports have been printed, so it didn't matter that in order to get the desired look, they had to use two charts slightly overlapping each other. However, we are getting to the point where we would like our charts to be available online for download....

Help creating a script in SQL or Calculated field in Crystal
How do I take this script and manipulate it to give me one long string with static text as well as SQL data in specific positions within the string. Example result: Positions / Data: 1-3 / 173 (Static text) 4-6 / spaces 7-10 / "X_UPR30300"."YEAR1", (has to show up as 2007. Showing up as 2,007) 11 / 4 (Static text) 12-22 / "UPR00100"."SOCSCNUM" 23-57 / "UPR00100"."LASTNAME" 58-92 / "UPR00100"."FRSTNAME" 93 / "UPR00100"."MIDLNAME" 94-120 / "UPR00102"."ADDRESS1" 121-148 / &q...

Help Creating A Formula #2
I need to make a formula for alook up. The first spreadsheet i inventory, the second one is pg 103 strapping. I want to enter the fee and inches for pg 103 on the inventory and have it look up the feet an inches on strapping chart and enter the appropriate gallons in column Attachment filename: p & g 101 strapping.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=50210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

OWA returns HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Outlook Web Access used to work fine, but now users are receiving the following message HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable Users can access the OWA page, but after typing in credentials and clicking "Log On" the above error is returned. If the incorrect credentials are entered the "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access" message is received. This tells me I'm authenticating fine but whatever the next step is it is failing. There are no error messages in event viewer. Any recommendations of what to look at next? The OWA Exchange 2003 Server sits on a ...

Looking for Easiest Way to Create Report
We need to create a report from our accounting program which contains about 200 .db files. I have determined that the required information is contained in only 3 of those files. Out of those 3 files I need about 30 fields of data. The end result is that those 30 fields of data have to be placed into an existing excel spreadsheet in specific columns which has 97 total columns. For example one db file contains data which has to be placed into column c of the excel spreadsheet. another db file has data which has to be placed into column z of that same spreadsheet and so on Th...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Creating a Browse for Folder
I have seen programs where there is an edit field for defining the location of a file and then to the right of the field is a button with 3 periods on it which when clicked brings up a browse for folder file box where the user can choose a directory and file and then it is populated in the edit field. Is there a custom control to use for this or do I have to develop this myself? Take a look at SHBrowseForFolder and CFileDialog. You probably want CFileDialog. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Olf0wrmk...

Recipient update service #2
In ESM --> Recepients --> Recepient Update Service --> Property --> General Tab: There is a filed Windows Domain Controller, If I have two DC (one is GC and another one is not), which DC is the best to choose, GC one? or the other one Thanks Patric "Patrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >In ESM --> Recepients --> Recepient Update Service --> Property --> General Tab: There is a filed Windows Domain Controller, If I have two DC (one is GC and another one is not), which DC is the best to choose, GC one? or the other one? >...

CONCATENATE text to create a formula to be evaluated
Hi, I am wanting to concatenate a set of text to create a formula. I have done so below. =CONCATENATE("=MAX('",O1,"'!A3:A65536)") The result is: =MAX('2009'!A3:A65536) ....but it treats this as a text string when I try to use INDIRECT Cell O1 contains the year minus 1. In this case O1 = 2009. All of my worksheets are named as a year e.g. 2007....2008....2009...2010. I am entering this on sheet 2010. Now the real question: How do I make another cell evaluate this string as an actual formula and spit out the highest number for ...

Weird exchange service account problems
Scenario: I attempted to install Brightstor Arcserve backup agent using the arcserve software. I got an error saying it was unable to finalize the account. I manually deleted the dbagent account several times in an attempt to troubleshoot the problem. Now my exchange server is screwed up. Sypmtoms: Logged on as Administrator (Exchange Service Account...I know this should be a seperate user, will rectify that when this is fixed) I am seeing problems with permissions inside of the Exchange Server Administrator program. When I click on Connections->Internet Mail Service connector I get t...

Dynamics Security Console and Dynamics Web Services
Hi All I need help I have created a server with windows server 2008 32 bit and installed MOSS I have done all the standard setups and created all the websites ect I have installed Dynamics Webservice witth SP3 When I run Dynamics Security Console and select applications and then SecuritySerivices. I get the following error "Could not access the SecurityService service. Unable to connect to the remote server" Please help Regards Laurie ...

Creating Formula with Embedded Variable ID
I need to create a single formula for my workbook that references cells from various tabs (over 20) in another workbook. I want to copy this formula into multiple tabs within my workbook. My workbook and the external workbook have the same number of and identically named tabs. I want to embed a variable into the formula that will take on the name of the tab that the formula is copied to. I imagine the formula would look something like this: ='K:\Sales Reports\[Ohio Team, Mar-21-2004.xls]variable_identifying_the_tab_goes_here'!D1 I know I can use the following formula to derive th...

Creating Purchase order worksheets in HQ through rules
I would like put some code in a web service in order to create a purchase order work sheet. Could I access to work sheets logic using qsrules to construct a worksheet? I looking for a method like QSRULES.CreatePOWorkSheet Thank you Oscar ...

Creating a e-mail contact list which has "undisclosed recipients"
Can anyone help me with a contact list for my e-mail which does not disclose all recipients names. I would like to send an e-mail regarding company information to several people which answers questions, but I don't want everyone to know who I am addressing it to. You need enter the names under the Bcc option when you address the email. That way, each recipient will only see their own name, but the email will go to everyone. Actually, the recipients won't see their own name in the To field. They will only see what the sender puts there, if anything (some ISPs require that you...

Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3
I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3? You can use the accounts it created. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@a...

Creating navigation buttons on a worksheet
Hi I'm trying to link togethor different pages on excel so i can navigate to them from each page. Also does anyone know how to create a drop down menu in excel? Many Thanks in advance Ryan Maybe by using a hyperlink: Insert|hyperlink or using the =hyperlink() worksheet function: David McRitchie posted this and it might help you: =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) ryan_...

how can I show repeating values in a chart?
I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how can I show that compared to the number 50 which come up 2 times in the sheet? Thanks for the help Hi, You will need to compute those values using formula or a pivot table and then chart the results. Cheers Andy Cindy wrote: > I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. > For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how > can I show that compared to the number 50 whi...

more symbols in chart
I need to chart an experiment data for 28 monkeys. I wanted to use a separate symbol for each monkey. I am limited to black and white only, so I can't use multiple colors. I am experimenting on changing white, black for back ground color, fore color, to make a distinct symbol for each monkey. Does any body know how do we get more symbols on the chart? Thanks in advance for any help, sheela Jon Peltier has instructions for Custom series markers: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html sheela wrote: > I need to chart an experiment data for 28 ...

Drop Down List for Chart
I have grouped my series into several groups. How do I display a drop down list including the groups which will dynamically identify which series to plot on the chart? For example: Group A = Series 1, Series 2, Series 3 Group B = Series 4, Series 5 Group C = Series 6 Drop down list includes values: "Group A", "Group B", "Group C" When Group A is selected within the drop down, Series 1, 2 and 3 are plotted on the chart. Do you mean you have to plot data, and have the chart move week to week? if so, easiest way is to use a hlookup/vlookup "savior1&quo...

Truncated "y" axis label in chart
:confused: Hi guys I have a problem with Excel, the label on the �Y� axis appears truncated even though I have resized the chart. Then, I looked the file in another computer with the same version of excel than mine as well as in another with a different version and in both look fine. Thus, I erased and re-installed excel in my computer to no avail. I have also re-sized the chart and used it both as object embedded and in separate sheet, it doesn't fix the problem. Any suggestions to fix this problem? -- flakkortin -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

How do I assign labels to scatter charts
Hi. I'm making an x-y scatter chart but can't assign labels to the individual points. How do I do this? Many thanks in advance for your help. Tom Hi, Here is an explanation of how to link a chart text element to a cell. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm But if you have more than a couple of data labels to do you really need to use code. This free addin will do it for you. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy ThomasStudd wrote: > Hi. > > I'm making an x-y scatter chart but can't assign labels to the individual > points. H...

Creating opportunity using CRM api
Looking for an example of how to load the crm api to create an opportunity using C#. I'm way new to this and have downloaded the CRM 3.0 sdk but not sure how I access the information it contains. What I'm hoping to find is an example of creating an opportunity with just the necessary information so I can build on it from there. I appreciate any help! Hi Jeffa When you install the SDk you will notice there is a help file in the installed directory of the SDK, I think it is crmsdk3_0.chm Open the helpfile and search for create, there are lots of examples let me know if you get s...

How do I create an A3 size document using Windows 7
A3 is not listed in the pre-set schedule of document sizes in Windows 7 (unlike previous versions of Windows). How do I create such a document using Windows 7? Does your printer support A3? Word/Windows will display the paper sizes supported by the default (or currently active) printer. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "A3 documents in Windows 7" <A3 documents in Windows 7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2647F06-5560-41A6-9C2F-462E6198C989@microsoft.com... > A3 is ...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...