Creating a "step" effect with line graphs

I have a graph that charts a velocity over time. As the velocity
decreases I want to display the maximum integer velocity possible
(without going over) at that time.

The problem is that I would like to have the integer values displayed
without diagonal lines (can't have fractional parts of a whole
number).

I know there is a way to do it (a friend did this once, but can't
remember how). Can anyone think of how to do this?

Code:
--------------------

  +-----------+-------+-----+
  | Date      | Vel   | Int |
  +-----------+-------+-----+
  | 13-Jan-04 | 24.58 |  24 |
  | 14-Jan-04 | 24.17 |  24 |
  | 15-Jan-04 | 23.75 |  23 |
  | 16-Jan-04 | 23.33 |  23 |
  | 17-Jan-04 | 22.92 |  22 |
  | 18-Jan-04 | 22.50 |  22 |
  | 19-Jan-04 | 22.08 |  22 |
  +-----------+-------+-----+

--------------------

I've attached what I do have so far (in case you don't get what I am
trying to do).

               Attachment filename: kaviusqs.zip
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=411391
---

If you are willing to switch to a XY Scatter chart -- no reason I can
see why you shouldn't be -- check the Excel | Chart | 'Step Chart' page
of my web site.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <kavius.1076k4@excelforum-nospam.com>, kavius
<<kavius.1076k4@excelforum-nospam.com>> says...
> I have a graph that charts a velocity over time. As the velocity
> decreases I want to display the maximum integer velocity possible
> (without going over) at that time.
>
> The problem is that I would like to have the integer values displayed
> without diagonal lines (can't have fractional parts of a whole
> number).
>
> I know there is a way to do it (a friend did this once, but can't
> remember how). Can anyone think of how to do this?
>
> Code:
> --------------------
>
>   +-----------+-------+-----+
>   | Date      | Vel   | Int |
>   +-----------+-------+-----+
>   | 13-Jan-04 | 24.58 |  24 |
>   | 14-Jan-04 | 24.17 |  24 |
>   | 15-Jan-04 | 23.75 |  23 |
>   | 16-Jan-04 | 23.33 |  23 |
>   | 17-Jan-04 | 22.92 |  22 |
>   | 18-Jan-04 | 22.50 |  22 |
>   | 19-Jan-04 | 22.08 |  22 |
>   +-----------+-------+-----+
>
> --------------------
>
> I've attached what I do have so far (in case you don't get what I am
> trying to do).
>
>                Attachment filename: kaviusqs.zip
> Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=411391
> ---

Step 6 CRM Redeploy
Hello All, I am migrating crm 1.2 from SBS2003 on one domain to another domain running server 2003. This particular server has running on it SQL, EXCHANGE, and of course CRM 1.2. So far I have gone through processes 1 through 5 and now I'm at step 6, which is the installation of CRM 1.2 using the CRM documentation. Early in the install of CRM you are asked two questions, choose an existing database or create a new one, I chose use an existing database per the redeploy instructions. When I clicked next on the menu I received the following message "Setup could not find any valid Micro...

Installation Steps of GP
hi, im a System Administrator and im Planning to learn Great Plains ,Please advise me from where to start( i mean from which module ),i want to know the installation and implementations steps. waiting for ur reply Hi There is a administrator pdf file on CD1 that explains requirements and how to install MGP. Regards James "Mohammed Abiduddin Ghori" <Mohammed Abiduddin Ghori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BF8AEE0-B93B-4BD5-939B-C3032AC81047@microsoft.com... > hi, > im a System Administrator and im Planning to learn Great Plains ,Please > advi...

Stepped pricing method, is it possible?
This CRM pricing model really disappoints me. My goal was to do some basic "Stepped" product pricing so that I could accomplish the following: 1st copy: $10,000 2nd copy: $9000 3rd copy: $8100 4th copy: $7300 5th copy: $6600 nth copy: $6000 Basically every next copy you buy is 10% less than the previous copy (rounded up) up to the 6th copy. After 6 copies all prices are the same - $6000. So if a customer wanted 3 copies, they would have to pay: (copy 1 price) + (copy 2 price) + (copy 3 price) Upon my research I found no way at all to create this type of pricing method within CRM. ...

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

5.5 to 2003
I've just gone through the exdeploy wizard to get the first 2003 server added to our existing 5.5 site/org. I've not gone beyond the wizard yet, so no mailboxes have been moved, no public folders migrated, pretty much everything is at the defaults. Should I do anything before installing Exchange 2003 SP2 or is it best to put that on right away and then start to migrate mailboxes/public folders etc? cheers, Paul Go ahead and do SP2 and any other patching right away. "Paul Hutchings" <paul@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:Xns975EA15FA12C0paulspamcopnet@207.46...

Neew steps to change IP of Project Server 2003 & precautions requ
Hi, We are using MS EPM 2003 with SQL Server 2000 on Window 2003 server. The entire installation is on one single server (Project Server, SQL Server, Sharepoint Server). The requirement is that we want to change the IP address of the server. Also the SMPT server IP address will be changed. Can you provide steps and precautions to be taken for this activity? Regards, Ganesh Ganesh: Providing that you update your network as necessary the IP change shouldn't affect your SQL Server or Project Server unless there are hard references to the IP address in the setup inform...

CRM 1.2 Redeployment problems with Step 5, mapping users
I have followed the redeployment steps very carefully but no matter how many times I try to redeploy, I fail on Step 5. Here is what I have done and my scenario. Current System with CRM Server V1.2 Installed: domain: crmdomain1.local New System that I want to install CRM on: domain: crmdomain2.local Step 1: I used the data export tool and the current system and successfully created 2 xml files with the OU, security roles, etc all intact. Step 2: took a copy of the SQL databases and followed the directions to do it how crm wants you to. Step 3: On the new crm system I installed active...

step by step set up for outlook 2002- new address
Subject: From: "junne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 10/16/2003 9:48:34 PM HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! i have been trying to set up my outlook so i can get hotmail and my other email at seattleschools.org on outlook but it won't work!!!! how/where can i get step-by-step intsructions???? for someone who is not very computer savvy... thanks a million! if the help files aren't enough help, buy a beginner's book. Many schools and ISPs have web pages with step by step instructions and pictures of every screen - if yours doesn't you can sear...

Generic custom build step
I'm working with VS 2003 and I've generated a project which contains a number of files which I simply want to copy to the Target directory. I've got added the files to the project and successfully created the appropriate Command line, Description and Outputs. I've used macros so this is the same for all the individual files. This allows changes to the files to get into the target directory when needed. So far, so good. What I'd like to be able to do in the future is 'Add existing item', browse to the new file and be done. (I'd like to avoid changing t...

Migrating Domains Steps...
I recently unjoined all our servers from the domain "ABC.com" and rejoined a new Domain ans server called "XYZ.net". Needless to say, this has caused problems with Great Plains 7. When Accounting tries to Post transactions, an error is generated saying "The specified path output file does not exist". I'm not a GP admin by nature so I'm not sure what path it's referring to. I've also seen other errors implying certain recources cannot be accessed or found. We're using SQL7. I did notice there are shared drives on the actual server with 2...

Campaign Activity Steps
We're trying to figure out how to make campaigns work. We created a mailing list of clients to invite to a webinar. The first activity was an email merge. We used the 'remove from mailing list' and labeled it 'Click here if you are not interested'. Nobody saw the link (it puts it pretty low on an email). We did, however, have about half reply to the email with varying degrees of interest. We updated the response code under Campaign Responses. Our next step is to call those on the list that did not reply, but I can't see any automated way to link the campaign ...

Deletion of rows in one step
Hi, I have large data with number coloums & rows in excel. Example: No of columns say from A to Z & Rows 1 to 5000. Column A refers to employee number Column B refers name of the employees Column C refers address of the emplyees Column D to Z refers his income , Savings & tax deduction. Problem to solve: I have imported the data to excel from customized payroll software. While going through the data in excel, I found that column D address of the employee against each employee is appearing in 4 to 5 different rows , leaving inbetween blank rows. Is there anyway to delete all...

workflow steps collapse and won't open
Building workflow. Adding several lines to check things and when I add the ninth line, it adds, but the step "collapses" and I can't click into it to edit. Is there a limit that I'm hitting? There's definitely not a hard limit at nine steps in a workflow. Are you at nine levels of nested if > if > etc.? (even then I don't think there is a hard limit but the lack of a scalable interface and no horizontal scrollbar means each level of indentation makes it progressively harder to work on the inner levels due to lack of space) What is the ninth step you ha...

What is the step-by-step procedure for making a data list?
I've read and re-read how to do datalists, but I cannot get the hang of how to make one and apply it. I need a simple tutorial in how to make one, from A to Z. I want to call in items that have cost associated with them instead of typing them each and every time. Any GOOD help will be greatly appreciated. Try Debra's nice coverage on VLOOKUP at her: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Bobgolfs56" <Bobgolfs56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

stepping thru .NET runtime code from vc++6. ide
i am trying to troubleshoot an app in vc++6.0 which imports a few .net dll's. The tli,tlh's are created from tlb's and I am off and running. Problem is, I am playing a guessing game about where the app is failing. It is neither an art or a science. I make sure the .NET components and code works in vsnet which they do. But when I go into the older IDE and launch the app, I simply can't step thru the debugger once I leave the VC++ code. I can only see the interface method where the .NET method is called. Beyond that, with respect to what THAT method is calling and where it runs ...

Single Step InPut Box Locks Up Excel
From time to time I have an Input Box pop up that I did not request. When this happens, XL locks up and I have to reboot. Any help will be greatly appreiated. The box looks like this: ----------------------------------------------------------- Single Step | -----------------------------------------------------------| Cell: | Formula: | | -----------------------------------------------------------| Step Info ...

Please explain the steps to use the Dlookup function in Access?
explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL See: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Balu" <Balu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00601393-C86C-47BD-9103-52D0FAA292C9@microsoft.com... > explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL ...

Questions about steps to upgrade Ex07 to SP2 w a CCR cluster
This weekend, we're planning to apply SP2 to our Exchange 2007 environment. We currently have two HUB/CAS servers and two Mailbox servers in a CCR cluster, everything running on Windows 2003 R2. Since the initial setup early last year, I've installed the various Windows patches and Exchange rollups, but this is the first time I'll be installing an Exchange service pack into our cluster (when we started, we used Exchange 2007 with SP1 already included) I've done some research and believe I have the correct sequence, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not...

Outer Join and a two step query
Hi, I need to list which dog breeds have never been sold at the Store by using Outer Join and a two step query. Anyone can explain for me Out join Thank you all My tables are as follows: Table Animal has AnimalID Category Breed Table Customers CustomerID Phone Name Table Sales CustomeriD SaleDate SaleID Table Saleanimal SaleID AnimalID SalePrice Table SaleItem SaleiD ItemID The following SQL should list which dogs have not been sold at the store: SELECT Animal.AnimalID, Animal.Category, Animal.Breed FROM Animal LEFT JOIN Saleanimal ON Animal.Animal...

Additional exercises after STEP BY STEP
Does someone know of other exercises I can use for learning access? Anything that is similar to STEP BY STEP, and also more advanced things to do and learn. thanks Your best bet is a Barnes & Noble, Borders or other book store large enough to have a large computer section. Browse the Access books and see which appeal to you. Disregard the hype on the covers and scan the insides. :-) I suggest that you also google on the Access newsgroups for "book". You'll get a lot of hits. Pick your way through the hits and you'll find some of the books and authors keep showing u...

Sure Step Methodology
Hello everyone, I downloaded and installed the new Sure Step Methodology and it looks great : templates are improved and the methodology covers every phase and every step of a normal CRM implementation. Great job, Microsoft team! I have a question: a colleague of mine went to the last Microsoft show in San Diego and went to a presentation on Sure Step Methodology. He told me he saw there was a kind of environment where an analyst can draw or design new customs entities, links, something like UML diagrams. What is that, exactly? Is it something done simply in Visio? Or does the methodol...

series of dates, step by 1, Mon-Thurs only, for 2007
I would like to have all the dates I'm going to work from Jan 29/07 to Dec 31/07, leaving out all Fri, Sat and Sun dates. I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone help me please?? Thanks!! ....Lisa, using Excel 2003 "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.l...@sympatico.ca> wrote... >I would like to have all the dates I'm going to work from Jan 29/07 to Dec >31/07, leaving out all Fri, Sat and Sun dates. .... Enter Jan 29 in cell A1, enter the following formula in A2, =A1+IF(WEEKDAY(A1,2)=4,4,1) and fill A2 down as far as needed. Perfect!! Thank you. ....Lisa...

Steps to assure a successful Optimization of Exchange 5.5
I am in the process of correcting what has to be one of the most messed up installations I've ever seen done by what is supposed to be a technical consultant group. In my readings and research, just about every rule you can find regarding Exchange 5.5 that says: "DO NOT EVER DO THIS!" has been done. For example: - Everything is on the C: drive. Data stores, log files, *EVERYTHING*. There is no D: drive - The server that is running Exchange is also our main (it has the FSMO's) Domain Controller. In fact, until recently, it was the **ONLY** DC in the domain..... Before I came...

Steps to create a case from a support email
CRMers, When we get a support email from a customer, it moves to the support queue and is assigned to a support person. This works. Now, I am trying to understand how to create a case out of this email and am a bit confused. I would appreciate it if someone can help me with the following questions. Q1. When an email is received in the queue, you can double-click it and associated the "From" address to a contact. So far so good. However, to create a case out of the email, I don't see any option anywhere. There is a menu item to create a new case. However, in this case, I have to...

Moving CRM from one server to another error at step 5
I've only got one server on the network. I wanted to reinstall it from scratch as when CRM was installed Exchange had not been and is coming up with a corrupt metabase if I try to install. The server has 2 disks mirrored, so I've broken the mirror and now have the old installation on one disk and a brand new install on the other. The machine name, domain name etc are identical. I've gone through the redeployment guide, but on step 5 the process bombs with a series of errors: 06/14/2005 15:39:44 Backup BusinessUnitBase table. 06/14/2005 15:39:45 Could not use view or function...