Creating a pie chart

I am trying to create a pie chart using four categories that 8 people ranked
the categories using 1-4 by which is more of a priority.
0
Val (44)

First you'll need to get the data into a form of

Cat 1     Data for Pie
Cat 2     Pie Data
Cat 3     Pie Data
Cat 4     Pie data

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to create a pie chart using four categories that 8 people
ranked
> the categories using 1-4 by which is more of a priority.

0
breinhardt (272)

Is this possible with my chart?
Hi I have posted a screen shot of my chart here - http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs35&d=05260&f=chart.jpg I would like to know if it is possible with the chart to change the turquoise line named Digester feed mean % DS to work with the scatter chart using the secondary axis already in place as a bar mixed scatter chart? I really appreciate your comments i think the chart would look great like this. Many Thanks Rob - p.s if the image doesnt load right click and choose show picture then it should load. As suggested in Programming, did you right click on the series and change the cha...

Create custom forms library with access limited to a specific grou
I asked this in the Outlook Forms Programming group, and they referred me here: I would like to create an outlook forms library other than the standard organizational forms library. The new library will need to have read access limited to only a specific subset of users at a specific location. For example, the organizational forms library is available to all users in the XXXX domain. The new library should only be visible to those users who belong to AAAA group (part of XXXX domain). Can this be accomplished? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Can someone help me out with th...

How can I create a NEW PROFILE OFFICE 2003
I have a Profile which is causing problems with my PST. I was told to create a new profile to use but NOT to create a new one by COPYING the old one. I know how to creat a New profile but HOW CAN I EASILY IMPORT THE EMAIL DATA FROM THE OLD PROFILE TO THE NEW ONE , other than retyping all of the email accounts over again. I have several accounts. I dont know if simply making a COPY of the old profile except that by doing so may simply create a bad profile all over again. You can't, if you want a clean profile (and you do). Just recreate the Email accounts. It can't be that...

Moving Data Points on Scatter Chart in 2007
I have used Excel to construct various ship curves in all versions until 2007. I would create a table of offsets (x,y points) and build a simple integration scheme around the table. I would then graph the offsets. I could go into the graph, grab a particular data point and move it either horizontally or vertically. This would update the table and update the integration. I would have the area (or volume) display on the graph. So I could fair a smooth curve by adjusting offsets (with the smooth lines turned on) until I got the area and centroid I needed. Until Excel 2007! I cannot...

Help creating items
I need to create these items: Luggage Set : They come 1 small- 1 medium- 1 large on every set. I need to order set and sell either sets or pieces. I tried setting the set as a parent and the pieces as childs but I am having problem with the inventory. When I order a set the qty for small-medium-large should increase 1 for each one, when I sell a set, qty for small-medium-large should decrease 1 for each one If I sell a medium luggage the qty for that piece should decrease, not the qty for the set. I do not need to reorder by piece, only by sets. Can somebody help me on this matter?? Fab...

I need excel to only use the last 26 rows in a chart
I have a large spreadsheet that has data in it that is entered weekly. I would like for the chart to grab the most recent 26 weeks of data automatically. Does anyone know of a formula that will do this? Logan: If you haven't already, you may want to establish dynamic ranges for your data set. This will allow you to automatically update your chart(s) as new data is entered It will also allow you to plot the last number of days/weeks that you want. This post explains how to set up dynamic range names and plot user specified number of days. It should get you started on dynamic range ...

Receive an error message when try to add a chart to a workbook
Hi!; When I'm using Excel has faced a problem. When I add multiple charts in a workbook, eventually the excel system prompts me an error "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook". I have checked the problem in Microsoft Knowledge base and based on the knowledge this problem occurs because of the Auto scale setting. So I followed the instruction to edit the registry value and also disable auto scale in each charts. However when I retry to add some more charts in same workbook but the same error still came out, so the problem still can not solve. Therefore anyone ...

bar on chart isn't representing correctly
I have a bar chart pulling from data in a sheet. My data is percents, for example, showing Physican data. My bar chart has one physician that is at 85% but the bar doesn't go to the 85% line. It falls just short of it. I have double-checked the data and when I look at the data labels, it represents that bar as "Physician A 85%". The other bars go to the correct line level but not this one. It is set up exactly the same. I'm stumped, any ideas? Office 2003 On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, rrupp <rrupp@discussions.microsoft.com> said: ...

Chart should read as blank cell not as 0,it shows blank but reads
A B c 1 Project Start Date Jan-10 2 Project Duration 25 3 Project Cost 1000000 In B6 i wriiten formula IF(ROWS($1:2)-1>C$2,"",ROWS($1:2)-1) In D6 i written formula IF(B6="","",B6/$C$2) in E6 i writtend formula IF(D6<=33.33%,(($I$1*D6^2)*100),IF(D6<=66.67%,($I$2*D6+$I$3),IF(D6>=66.67%,($I$4+$I$5*D6+$I$6*...

Charts GONE after Windows XP SP3 Update!?!
I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP Professonal SP2 installed on my PC. Last night I went through the normal Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well. However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those charts at all. The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, but the charts themselves seem to have disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this? Thanks... Hi, ...

Charting Data Series vs. Data Points?
If I am trying to chart a single row of data appearing in 600 columns, is this data in 600 data points, which is chartable, or is it 600 series, which is not chartable? I have divided the data between three worksheets due to worksheet limitations of 256 columns, but I have not been able to create a single chart line for data extending over the three worksheets. Tommy wrote on Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:31:06 -0800: TZ> If I am trying to chart a single row of data appearing in TZ> 600 columns, is this data in 600 data points, which is TZ> chartable, or is it 600 series, which is no...

create a spreadsheet from another app
Hi, I am creating Excel spreadsheets from our application. We start Excel and then send DDE commands to it to create spreadsheets. Is there a better way of doing this that is not so error prone ? Excel seems to have DDE problems often and there seems to be some mysterious re-entrency problems where both our application and Excel will have be restarted in order to get the communication flowing again. Sincerely, Lynn McGuire On Jun 26, 1:43=A0am, Lynn McGuire <l...@winsim.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am creating Excel spreadsheets from our application. =A0We start > Excel and t...

can't create a blank database
When I click on new blank database, it opens as an MDE with 5 hidden and uneditable tables locked in. They are as follows. MSysAccessStorage, MSysACEs, MSysObjects, MSysQueries, MSysRelationships. How do I open just a blank Access database application so I can add tables and create/delete and do everything until I am ready to make as an MDE? On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:57:03 -0800, JGAMBLER <JGAMBLER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I click on new blank database, it opens as an MDE with 5 hidden and >uneditable tables locked in. They are as follows. MSysAccessStorage, &g...

Gantt chart in Excel
I have been given an assignment on Gantt charts for my unversity course. I know there are many programs that are made for using Gantt charts, but I have to use Excel. The snag is that the chart has to live, ie when my lecturer changes text values, the whole chart changes accordingly. This removes the obvious solution of just shading the required cells. I've tried several ways, but none of them have worked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me at justinwalls@hotmail.com Many thanks! Justin ...

HELP!! Charts won't copy across to another worksheet
Help Please. I have a sheet which has all my descriptive stats on it and graphs drawn from this data. There are 100 charts on the sheet. I am trying to copy the whole sheet WITH the CHARTS. Then I shall only have to change some of the formulas to perform other comparisons. My problem is whichever means I sue to copy the sheet the data cells copy. The gaps are there where the charts should be. NO CHARTS. Any advice grateful received. Have you tried making a second copy of the sheet by holding down CTRL and dragging the sheet tab to the right? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx...

Creating bookmarks via VBA
Dear experts: I wonder whether the following is possible I got five text entries, each in its own paragraph text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 With all 5 paragraphs selected is it possible to create 5 five bookmarks automatically via VBA with the following names: text1 (bookmark name: product_de) text2 (bookmark name: product_en) text3 (bookmark name: product_es) text4 (bookmark name: product_fr) text5 (bookmark name: product_it) I hope this is feasible and not beyond the scope of this forum. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andrea...

Creating a new workbook that has this feature....
Hi all, My boss wants a spread sheet created that will tally all the factors into one area. For example: Accidents Injuries Accidents with injuries Reportable accidents Total damages Just to name a few things. Now what I want to do is have it set up like an Attendance Log sheet we currently use. Problem is I can't find the formula it uses for some parts. Again Example it has on it: Absent Vacation Sick Leave Bereavement Floating Holiday Personal Day What I can't figure out, (with or without Excel help files), is when yo...

Need to change format of multilevel list or create new
I use Office 2007. I want to create a traditional outline, instead of the odd default selections set up by MS. I want a format for headings that follows the I., A., 1., a., i. pattern. I had one set up as a multilevel list, but when I tried to use the Office 2010 Beta, it wiped out a bunch of custom settings. I need to EITHER change how Word automatically numbers the levels, OR create a multilevel list that I can keep in the library of lists that is formatted how I want, AND which automatically advances in numbering as I add entries. How do I do either of these? At pr...

How to post an email message created in Outlook to a newsgroup
Hi, I need to be able to create an email message using Outlook 2003 and on the to/cc list to include a variety of email recipients and newsgroups. Can this be done - i.e. "post" to a newsgroup an email message created in Outlook? PS - I have been able to do this with other email clients. Thanks. ...

adding numbers in an excell chart automatically
How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an easier way than how I am doing it. Worksheets are the things to use for adding numbers. That's not what a chart is designed to do. -- David Biddulph "sanicay" <sanicay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E94E1035-DC2C-4698-AC32-3439BDB2BDA6@microsoft.com... > How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of > Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an >...

How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mous.
How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mouse)? You can set the size programmatically: With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Width = 300 .Height = 200 End With katy wrote: > How do I set the size of a chart in excel (without using the mouse)? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Hi, If you hold the shift key whilst selecting the chart you can move with the cursor keys. CTRL+1 will display the format dialog which will allow you to alter the height and width. Only thing is I don't know how to select t...

how do I open documents created in publisher on my Ipaq 2495
I cannot open a document created in publisher 2002 on my Ipaq 2495. I get a message that tells me to run the application first. What does this mean? I can open a document created with Word. I don't think the there is a mobile version of Publisher. At least I've never heard of one. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "becki" <becki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E0C792F-9BF1-4C01-AB99-0462A22399A1@microsoft.com... >I cannot open a document created in publisher 2002 on my Ipaq 2495. I get a > message that tells me to run the app...

Chart Wizard won't work
I have classwork to perfoerm on EXCEL, but I am unable to use the Chart Wizard because it is grayed out, and unavailable. I have made certain that I have selected ranges with data in them, so what do I do next??? Perhaps it's not installed? Some versions of MS Office do not install the wizards when the default install method is used. Use Custom install, and choose "Run all from my computer". ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "peg2unic" <peg2unic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:255A90EF-B896-48EF-86DC-5988EEC707C1@microsoft.com....

Creating column
I would like to create a column that automatically adds one for each row. Ex. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Hi, Type 2001 in any one cell (say G1) and then in G2, type =G1+1. COpy this formula down -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "AAA1986" <AAA1986@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6850AC6B-AD98-4AE3-9ABA-D81D06583052@microsoft.com... > I would like to create a column that automatically adds one for each row. > > Ex. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 ...

Cannot view a Sharepoint Site I created.
I installed the HelpDesk template from the AllTemplates.exe on SBS2008. I have Sql2005 and WSS 3.0 I can view the HelpDesk site from SBS2008. I can't view the HelpDesk site from my laptop but I can view OWA and the IIS7.0 default website from my laptop. The message I'm getting is 404 File or Directory not found. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have the DHCP setup from the Server (Meaning the SBS is doing the DHCP Services?) If so enable them And on your laptop what is the DNS on it? (it should be the laptop) Also what about other system access? yes no? ...