Creating a graphic from worksheet's data: like a "progress" thermo

Is it possible to create graphics from data -- other than pivot
tables/charts? Specifically, could I somehow create, from data that displays
planned and completed dates for a project, a thermometer or some thing even
better that shows completion vs. planned...?

There's more data than just that, but that's an example.
Thanks
0
NicoleL (1)

Andy Pope has instructions for using a graphic:

   http://www.andypope.info/charts/dollarsplit.htm

and for thermometer charts:

   http://www.andypope.info/charts/thermometer.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

How do I get progressive numbers on tickets
I am creating tickets (in Publisher - 10 per page) and would like a different number on each ticket. Use mail merge. Mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504371033.aspx An Excel example. http://msauer.mvps.org/misc.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jesras" <jesras@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A1FCCC6-226D-4393-A7D4-74C7B5CEE1EA@microsoft.com... >I am creating tickets (in Publisher - 10 per page) and would like a different > number on each ticket. ...

Charts That Communicate Progress
I am trying to select charts that will lend themselves well to communicating progress. For example, Pie Charts don't tend to be a good way for communicating progress whereas another type of Chart might be more effective. In other words here is where we were, here is where we are, and here is where we want to be. What would you recommend? Hi, Sounds like you need some sort of Gannt chart. Dave "Workbook" wrote: > I am trying to select charts that will lend themselves well to communicating > progress. For example, Pie Charts don't tend to be a good way for ...

SHFileOperation and own progress bar
Hi, I want to copy files/folders by SHFileOperation but I don't want to see dialog with progress bar offered by Windows Explorer. Status of the files (and progress) operation should be displayed on my own dialog. In MSDN is, that hwnd param of the SHFILEOPSTRUCT is a handle to dialog box to display information about operation status, but I don't understand what does it mean (or someone wanted to write) or something is wrong and I don't know what. Generally question is: How to force SHFileOperation function (or configure SHFILEOPSTRUCT - if it's possible) to sending stat...

MS Money 2005 Update in progress ?
I can't get money to finish updating files. This started about 1 month ago. It says "Update in progress" but it never completes. Any suggestions on this one? Oh, I've did an uninstall/reinstall and did a complete file rebuild/no errors found. I'd also like to get rid of the money audio files but don't know where to find them. Help there too, if you please. Thank you, in advance In microsoft.public.money, Nevadawx wrote: >I can't get money to finish updating files. This started about 1 month ago. >It says "Update in progress" but i...

blue progress bar
When XP SP3 is loading, how many passes of the blue progress bar is typical before the "Welcome" screen appears? Mine use to take about 4-5 passes but now takes about 11-12. I have only 3 things on my msconfig start list, use MS Essentials virus/spyware and regularly run malwarebytes. How can I reduce the number of passes of the blue progress bar? Don't start/load MSE. "bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message news:eBS4yTh7KHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When XP SP3 is loading, how many passes of the blue progress bar is > ty...

Money Update in Progress
Hello all- Yesterday I purchased the download version of Money 2006 Premium. The download of the webinstall and the initial install went fine and then it told me that some features would not be available until Money finished downloading the rest of the program. The program has been running for about 24 hours now and it still shows "Download 1% complete". This seems to be taking a little longer than it should. I have tried restarting the program, reinstalling the program to kick the download process off again, but it never gets beyond 1%. I made an attempt at using Microsoft...

Never-ending "Money Upgrade in Progress"
Just installed Money 2005 Standard edition. Tried to use the budget feature, get a screen that says Money Upgrade in Progress...downloading....will finish in about 4 hours...bla bla bla. That was 16 hours ago and the thing still does not work. Any ideas??? In microsoft.public.money, MICHAEL CASILLAS wrote: >Just installed Money 2005 Standard edition. Tried to use the budget >feature, get a screen that says Money Upgrade in >Progress...downloading....will finish in about 4 hours...bla bla bla. > >That was 16 hours ago and the thing still does not work. Any ideas??? &...

Lookup in DataGridView? Any Progress? Worth Trying?
In a DataGridView, is it possible to have a column that manages user input by providing a "drop down" list of values the user can choose from, with those values either being "spelled out" in code or read from another db.table.column? If so, does anyone know where I might find instructions on how to set that up? I've seen lots of old posts on this topic, but nothing necessarily specific to the latest incarnation of the DataGrid, the DataGridView. Is it worth trying to pop a List Box on the ColEdit event, let the user "select" from the List Box, a...

slow progress bar loading cloned XP SP2
Hello everyone This issue happened to me some times and I'm curious about it. XP SP2, cloned hard disk. I've tried everything: system seems to start disk driver, but hdd led does not blink. Then, Windows XP stays with the progress bar slower than normal, forever. The only way that I could boot this system again is by a repair install, a very slow and unwanted method. Anyone could please help me? thanks :) begin 666 rolleyes.gif M1TE&.#EA% `4`-4_`*::?+F-#,BG%>[,&>6\%?C;'MNN$-O7RZA]"6U3"?[E M(G9C-8QI"7MH/*J-$J:$#O'/&LZ:&...

I recently lost send/receive progress in the outlook status bar,
I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3. Until a couple of days ago, I would receive send/receive status and progress in the Outlook Status Bar at the bottom right of my Outlook Window. I don't think I made any changes, but the information no longer shows up. Are there any ideas as to why this may have happened? View-> Status Bar -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "jdw_...

Progress with MFC9.0 toolbars
Recently (28 April) I reported problems with toolbars and common-controls-6 in an MFC9.0 MDI application running under Vista. The appearance is unsatisfactory even in a vanilla MDI app created with the VS2008 app wizard. The toolbar creation line it gives you is: if (!m_wndToolBar.CreateEx(this, TBSTYLE_FLAT, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBRS_TOP | CBRS_GRIPPER | CBRS_TOOLTIPS | CBRS_FLYBY | CBRS_SIZE_DYNAMIC) || !m_wndToolBar.LoadToolBar(IDR_MAINFRAME)) {... which results in the ugly appearance: http://www.mozart.co.uk/questions/testproject-toolbar.gif The cure is to replace TBSTY...

Old MS Support Request
Hi All In 2004 I logged a support request on Partnersource and the number was 7899228. This particular request was then given the reference numbers : Bug5743/CST1031. MS also said that there was a "data model change" that was required and they couldn't give a date for the "fix". My question is - does anyone know how to trace a very old support request on Partnersoure if you have any one of the reference numbers that I have stated above? The VAR company who employed me at that time no longer exists. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sheila Hi Sheila ...

Can you stop an e-mail in the progress of being sent?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Can you stop an e-mail in the progress of being sent? Is there a command to stop the e-mail? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3348834278_14087858 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/12/10 7:59 AM, in article 59bb2b78.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "johngmasters@officeformac.com" <johngmasters@office...

Backup In Progress
While performing an online backup of Exchange 5.5 Information Store the backup application (ntbackup) hung. Upon ending the task another backup cannot be performed giving the error message that a backup is still in progress and the *.pat file still exists. How can I recover? Stop the service (IS and/or directory) and delete teh pat file(s). >-----Original Message----- >While performing an online backup of Exchange 5.5 >Information Store the backup application (ntbackup) >hung. Upon ending the task another backup cannot be >performed giving the error message that a ...

Updating A Progress Control in a MFC Dialog From a Worker Thread
I need to update a CProgressCtrl in a modal dialog from a worker thread have have bee unsuccessful. I have a MFC Dialog application created using AppWizard. I have created a "user-defined" message (i.e. in the class derived from CDialog). I instantiate/create a "worker" thread in this "user-defined" message. The "worker" thread writes data to the hard drive. I need to update the Progress Control () i.e. CProgressCtrl) in the modal dialog with the information from the worker thread. I can pass a pointer to ifstream that is a member of the class d...

Do you have a work in progress sheet
I need a Work in progress sheet, has anyone got a template in excel? ...

Progress Bar 03-14-08
I am persevering with a program to convert a form from VB6 to Access. The form I am working on has a MSComctlLib.ProgressBar and a VB.Timer. I can add the ProgressBar to the form manually and then alter the parameters, but does anyone know how to add it in VBA please? As a Timer control is invisible, can I use the OnTimer event of the form iteslf instead? Many thanks Peter Kinsman I'm not sure why you'd want to add the progress bar using VBA. Are you saying that you're intending to add it each time you need it, and delete it when you're done? That's a bad idea: t...

Image Progressing
Hello everyone : I am a chinese ,do something with image processing ,anyone could contacts with me :xfj81525@126.com ...

Progress Bar Internet Connection
Hi all, I am using Office 2003. I am trying to develop a routine with a Progress Bar that ping pongs until connection is made with the relevant URL. Once connection made and URL activated the StopFlag should be set to TRUE at which stage we exit the Ping Pong Progress bar and the application should continue with the rest of the code. How do I call and develop a Function for the StopFlag to show TRUE I have the following progress bar routine. Option Explicit Dim sngPercent As Single Dim StopFlag As Boolean Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilli...

progressive totals in a query for a chart
I would like to be able to create progressive totals in a query for display on a chart. The total required only has entries every few months while remaining data appears daily. is this possible? ...

Accurate "Send/Receive" progress monitor
Is there such a thing as an accurate send/receive graphical/numerical progress monitor (like the Download Monitor) for messages within Outlook 2002? Thanks for any ideas. Nik. -- ============================================================== **** Remove S P A M K I L L From my Email address to reply to me Directly **** ============================================================== P4 3.2 / 512MB Samsung 400mhz PC3200 RAM/ 200GB Maxtor SATA / HP DJ5550 Sony DVD RW / Sony CD/RW / Logitech MX700 KB+Mse / Viewsonic VE710b TFT WIN XP Home SP1 / Creative I-Trigue 3200 / Asus P4P800SE ...

Hide Progress bar in Chart.Export
Hi, I have a Excel Workbook which has 2 Worksheets. One work sheet has dat and the 2nd worksheet has a graph based on the data. I have a Macr which connects to the datasource, updates the data in the 1st workshee and further saves the graph on worksheet in to a GIF image in the fil system. I do that using: Sheet2.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export Filename:="c:\AutoChart.gif" FilterName:="GIF" But this opens a small progress bar which shows the progress bar fo generating the GIF image. Now, i want to automate this process of calling the Macro from a VB Ap and schedule it usin...

Send/Receive Progress dialog box appears
The Outlook Send/Receive Progress dialog box appears every time during a send/receive, even if you have selected the Don't show this dialog box during Send/Receive option. Any ideas, besides the answer from their knowledgebase? Thanks! ...

How do I set up a review form monitoring a students progress agai.
I place potential apprentices with employers. I have to review these apprentices every 10 weeks. Apprentices attend day release college and I have to review their progress against the college course and the suitability of their employer placement. Part of the review is Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities. At present the form I have to use does not relate specifically to the information I have to collect, it is very broadbrush. In addition it is not electronic and therefore analysis of performance can not be accurately measured. And this relates to Publisher because ...............

In progress queue filled with closed emails ?
Hello, My In Progress queue is filled with close emails that I received ? I don't know why ? How to get rid of them ? I dont want to delete them bacause they belong to contacts history. CS CS, Please check out this link http://blogs.msdn.com/mscrmfreak/archive/2006/10/10/Email_2C00_-Queue_2C00_-delete_2E002E002E00_what_3F00_.aspx#comments Relevant section is this When an e-mail from a queue is assigned and is accepted by an user, it moves to the user's "in progress" folder. The e-mail then stays there forever. This is because an e-mail is already a "closed"...