Creating a goal or target line

I am using a line graph to show my weekly percentages for the year. I have a
goal of keeping these percentages below a specific value. I would like to
have a line across my graph at that specific goal value so I can see which
weeks have exceeded my goal percentage or have remained below it. Is there an
easy way to do this? Also, if possible, I would like my data line to change
color as it crosses that goal line. For example, the line would be black
below that specific goal value, but when the line crosses that goal value it
would turn red. Any suggestions?
0
Lintless (1)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Lintless" <Lintless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a line graph to show my weekly percentages for the year. I have
> goal of keeping these percentages below a specific value. I would like to
> have a line across my graph at that specific goal value so I can see which
> weeks have exceeded my goal percentage or have remained below it. Is there
> an
> easy way to do this? Also, if possible, I would like my data line to
> change
> color as it crosses that goal line. For example, the line would be black
> below that specific goal value, but when the line crosses that goal value
> it
> would turn red. Any suggestions?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

How do I create a combination stack and unstacked coulmn chart?
I'm looking to create a combination chart consisting of stacked columns and an unstacked column in Excel 2003. I've seen directions to do so in Excel 95 on Microsoft's website but they do not translate to Excel 2003. Any help would be appreciated. See example on my site at Excel Tips & Tricks -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "kalien" <kalien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CD52B96-C8EC-4E12-97F3-3354B11A54D3@microsoft.com... > I'm looking to create a combination chart consisting of stacked ...

Text Box with words splitting onto two lines
I have a text box in publisher with a lots of text but it splits up words onto two lines Eg It is a very sun- ny day today is there a way to stop it so it puting words on 2 lines Thanks S.Dickson@shos.co.uk wrote: > is there a way to stop it so it puting words on 2 lines For the current text box: Tools > Language > Hyphenation For all new text boxes: Tools > Options -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

How to create an Installer
Hi, I have created an activex control using MFC activex control wizard. I have embedded this control in a web page. I want it to access it from remote machine. Could you guide me how to proceed? Should I create an installer that will place my .ocx file in a particular destination at the remote machine and will create a registry entry for the same in remote machine.? Do u have any alternative and better solutions. Thanks in advance..... Vijay You don't create installers, you buy one. Or use the one that comes with VS. Creating an installer is a singluarly challenging task, not to ...

Record information is on two lines
I have an EXCEL SS with information as follows; Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2, C2 Record 2: A3, B3, C3, D3, A4, B4, C4 I would like to fix so each record is on one line: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1 etc..... Thanks for any help! Use a method such as one at the link (see "vertical to horizontal...") http://www.officearticles.com/excel/data_cleanup_tips_for_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "Dan" <tizhmslf@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1131809226.052834.325010@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... &g...

How to format a line between two points?
Hi, Used to be as easy as recording a macro and seeing how to do it, god knows why microsoft chose to drop this useful feature... c'est la vie. I have a line chart and wish to apply a different colour to a portion of the line according to some vba parameters i have defined. It would be ideal to be able to do ti without activation the chart, I found some code posted by John Peltier in December: With Worksheets("sheet 2?).ChartObjects("chart1?).Chart.SeriesCollection(1) but this doesn't seem to work giving the error: Compile error: Expected: list seperator or ) and ...

how do i create background lines and colours for a form template?
I like the style of the northwind forms. They have a thin red line at the top and then grey which gets lighter as it gets to the right hand side. How is this created? Jon, I use Access 2003. I can't use colours which blend and fade to colour any controls I draw on a form. I notice some of the A2003 access templates from microsoft.com have shades and blending, but I can't find any way to create that effect myself. The closest I can get is to import one of the forms in a template and use that form in my own database. Jeanette Cunnningham "Jon" <Jon@discussions.micr...

SQL Opt PO Receiving Integration should create Batch if missing
The SOP Transaction SQL Optimized Integration has the option to "Create Batch If Missing". To make Sales Transactions and Receivings Transactions consistant, the POP Receivings SQL Optimized Integration should also have the option to "Create Batch If Missing". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

How do I create a movable shape?
I'm not alien to Visio, but could someone help me to create a movable shape - like the filing cabinet that you can grab the handle and pull the drawer out, but I'm drawing a safe with a door. The basic idea is to add a control handle that the user can move and change the geometry in the shapesheet so that the position of the door is based on the position of the yellow control handle. Take a look at the shapesheet of the drawer to get an idea of how it is done. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mv...

Unable to create tables or forms
Hi, I have a users using access 2003 and for some reason he's not able to create a table, form, etc. When he double clicks on it or right click on it to open it, nothings happens. I've tried "detect and repair" and uninstalling/reinstalling access to no avail. Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help in advance. CJ investigate the User Level Security settings -- NTC "CJ" wrote: > Hi, > I have a users using access 2003 and for some reason he's not able to create > a table, form, etc. When he double clicks on it or right click on it to o...

In a given cell, how can I count how many carragereturn/line feeds are imbedded?
If I have a cell (A3) and want to see how many line feeds are in it, how do I caunt that? How abount any other charater if it is not the same? Thanks Phil I figured it out! It is =(LEN(A3)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A3),CHAR(10),"")))/LEN(CHAR(10)) Thanks though! Phil "Phillips" <Phillips*NOSPAM*@RecycledReefs.com> wrote in message news:ek8ub.174775$ao4.578644@attbi_s51... > If I have a cell (A3) and want to see how many line feeds are in it, how do > I caunt that? How abount any other charater if it is not the same? > > Thanks > Phil > > See...

Problem creating more than one PO at a time in RMS....
We had three different users log onto SO mgr and they each started creating their new POs for different vendors, where they would create new items on the fly....some of the items created in register 1 would pop up in the "add items" window of register 2's PO, and sometimes the reg 1 items would be added to the "selected" items of register 2's PO...this strange behavior also happened in register 3.....when you would cick OK to go back to the contents tab, you would get a message indicating that item XXX is not assigned to the supplier you assigned to this PO, ...

Can draw horizontal AND vertical lines in a combined chart ?
I have a chart with 2 Y axes. One plots 3 lines and the other two. I managed to place several horizontal lines using the method Jon Peltier describes in his great site. Now I need to do something pretty classic: have vertical lines in each year end of the time series in the X axis. It simply seems to be impossible. I suspect it has something to do with the technique used to draw the horizontal lines. Any way to make this happen ? Thanks and regards, Jorge Fonyat PS: I tried to add the vertical lines using the instructions in Jon Peltier's site too. PS2: I think I deleted the secondary X ax...

hiding and displaying lines
I would like to create a master and hide and display parts of the shape depending on the configuration the user would like. I would like the user to right click and display these options. You can design you shape as separate shape, group them and hide as needed with Geometry.Noshow cell in the shapesheet geometry section of the shape. You can also design one shape with several geometry and hide them with the Geometryi.Noshow cell as well. Hope it can help "demo" <demo@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: EB37F94D-A3F0-407C-8A35-3D3A4DCB25E4@microso...

Insert a line into all worksheets in one go.
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to insert a row into all sheets in a workbook. Thanks in advance, Paul Cookson try to right click a worksheet tab>select all sheets>insert the row>select one sheet -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Paul Cookson" <PaulCookson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E796C1AF-7997-4F4B-ACC2-945FDB1138E7@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I would like to know if it is possible to insert a row into all sheets in a > workbook. > Thanks in advance, > Paul Cookson Sub InsertRow_At_Change() Dim i...

creating spreadsheet with colunms for names adresses & zipcodes
How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names, addresses & zipcodes? I want to use this with streets & trips so I can map several adresses at one time. I don't understand the question, if you want to create a spreadsheet you need to type in headers for each needed column, then put the names and addresses in their respective column? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "neilabu" <neilabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D747DCB4-6EC8-4886-8109-3B72C67046E4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names,...

How to create TOC (Table of Content)
Access 2003 I have a phone book by Department. How to create a separate TOC report? I want: Department Page Academic 1 Admissions 3 etc.. I following the instruction at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210269 When I tried to open my rptTOC, error says: Runtime 3800. 'Header' is not an index in the table. Record source of my rptTOC is 'Table of Contents' table with only 2 fields: Description, Page Number Where did I do wrong? I made mistake. Fixed now. "Song Su" <csitnnn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eRUqN...

How can I create an ASCII file with double quotes around each field?
I need to convert Excel files to ASCII files with commas as delimiters. That part is easy. The problem is that I need each field to be surounded by double quotes. Here is an example of what my ASCII output needs to look like: "smith","robert","15","elm","street" "jones","robert","111","main","avenue" Can anyone suggest a solution on how I can convert my excel file to ASCII output as shown in my example? thanks very much! I can get the data into the correct format but then you will need to ...

creating a fillable area in a fillable forms...
I have creted a fillable form with drop downs and fields, but I have a couple of areas where I am trying to create defined areas where the person can enter a short paragraph of text. I guess I'm looking for a field which is defined and the text wraps automatically to the next line(without altering the rest of the document). So far I have tried a simple text field with unlimited characters but the text does not wrap inside the box. Any thoughts? You can place the text form field inside a (border-less) table cell whose width is fixed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP ...

Empty Subject Line notification
Is there a way to have a notification for a User if they forget to put in a "Subject Line" before the email goes out in Outlook 2003? Michael "zzMHUME" <Michael.Hume@assembly.ab.ca> wrote in message news:%23anGoEadJHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have a notification for a User if they forget to put in > a "Subject Line" before the email goes out in Outlook 2003? > > Michael > > > Google is your friend. Searching on "empty subject line alert Outlook" gives this as the third hit out of 48,000: htt...

lining up numbers on calendar?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C91045.3F6FA900 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As I was setting this up, I thought it sounds kind of picky (LOL) There are probably other templates that do more what I want, I just got = to using this one. (I usually use the "understated" one and adapt it to = what I want or think will work good) On this one (Varsity- Pub 2007) it seems like the numbers of the days = are too far to the left under the names of the days up top. It looks o...

two lines in a cell
I am trying to get multiple lines to display in a cell without merging . I have to display text such a 1. Hello my name i 2. Duncan LeBlan on two lines in a single cell. The cell width is long and currently I need to insert the appropriate spaces to have the second line of text move down. The issue arises when I print as the display in either Normal view or Print Preview shows that the text is on two lines, but it prints with parts of the second line on the first line Is there any command or function that can be used to allow me to get 2 or 3 lineds of text formatted on different lines ...

Creating an a report from an indivual record in a table
Hi all, I've been searching for an answer to my question for a while and have got more and more confused as to the best way to approach it...I am a total novice I'm afraid... I have an Access 2003 database set up with one table with a unique ID for each person and numerous other fields. I have set up forms to collect data (about 6 in all). What I would like to do is to be able select a unque ID and pull almost all the fields in the table associated with it into a report. I would do this for each person when required. I presume I would have to set up a query first but h...

How do I use line numbering but not have it show on print?
I do not want the line numbers to show in printed material. Meinert wrote: > I do not want the line numbers to show in printed material. Go into the Page Setup dialog and turn off line numbering before you print. If you want it, turn the numbering on again afterward. To automate this, install the following macros in your Normal template (see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed): Sub FilePrint() ' intercepts built-in File > Print or Ctrl+P ' and prints without line numbering Dim userLineNum As Boolean With ActiveDocument.PageS...

Creating a Data Analysis view with Custom field and EPM Timesheet
My goal is to generate a report using timesheet data that summarizes totals by a custom task field. I had created a custom enterprise field at the task level that contains a text code. These codes are used throughout various projects. I know that there is no out of the box solution and that this data is not in the EPM Timesheet cube. I currently have a way of using SQL queries to join the Task information to the custom field (thanks Rod!) and export standard data out to an excel spreadsheet. But, it is not a great solution since it requires an intermediary to run any type...

Creating backgroound for an Invoice
I am creating an invoice using Excel. The invoice has already been created and is fine. I am now just trying to input a header and footer with a middle. I have them as seperate PDF files. I can add them as header and footer but when I "print preview" both ends (left & right) of both head and foot are cut. This is something I can get over by just pasting it on the front of the invoice but then will have to do that for each invoice. Also for the middle, I have tried to set it as a background but it then covers the whole sheet rather than just each page. If I put it...