creating a gantt chart automatically

I have a table that gets imported to Excel that has
project numbers, begin and end dates. I want to be able
to create a gantt chart for this automatically on another
sheet when this data gets imported to the first. It would
also be nice to be able to have one sheet be by days,
another by weeks, and another by months. Can anyone tell
me if there is an existing wizard to do this. Maybe point
me in the right direction to find information on this?

Thanks,
Sue
0
anonymous (74722)

Sue -

The best I can do is point you to a list of Gantt chart links I've amassed:

  http://peltiertech.com/Excel/GanttLinks.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Sue W wrote:

> I have a table that gets imported to Excel that has
> project numbers, begin and end dates. I want to be able
> to create a gantt chart for this automatically on another
> sheet when this data gets imported to the first. It would
> also be nice to be able to have one sheet be by days,
> another by weeks, and another by months. Can anyone tell
> me if there is an existing wizard to do this. Maybe point
> me in the right direction to find information on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Sue

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
2/6/2004 7:14:00 PM
Jon - I get an error on that - Invalid link. I went to
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/ (which by the way is really
cool) and then clicked on the Gantt Charts from there and
got the same thing.
Sue

0
anonymous (74722)
2/6/2004 9:00:22 PM
This link should work:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Creating array (no VBA) that is NxN with '1's top right to bottom left, rest zero
Hi All, I need to create an array (matrix) that is N x N elements (square), containing '1's from the top right hand corner to the bottom left hand corner only. The rest of the array would be zeros. I would like to find a way of doing this with a worksheet function (or functions) only - no VBA to be involved. Obviously I can manually create this for any given value of N (say, N = 4): ={0,0,0,1;0,0,1,0;0,1,0,0;1,0,0,0} But how can I set this up so that I can enter N in a cell, and get that array returned for use in another formula? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. If ...

Chart Total
I have a chart that has 10 colums. In Column 4 it lists account numbers. In column 8 it lists the dollar amount. The account numbers (in column 4) are listed more than once. I want to excel to look for the account number and then add up all the dollar amounts in colum 10 that have that account number in colum 4. Does that make sense? Would this be a v-look up? Put an account number in cell M1, then in N1 put this formula: =SUMIF(D$1:D$100,M1,J$1:J$100) This assumes you have 100 rows of data - adjust to suit. If you put other account numbers in M2 downwards, then just copy the fo...

charts and graphs
we are trying to do a column chart type graph for a math class. we put in all the information, but for some reason our graph is not coming up in Excel. what are doing wrong? we can get the chart to appear and define the different colors for each piece of information, but we are not getting any columns in our graph. HELP! Not sure what you are doing wrong. Try this Row 1, column A <empty, B <Store A> (ie. the words as text), C <Store B> Row 2 to 6 in A column: Jan, Feb, March, ..... Rows 2:6 columns B and C: some numbers in the range 1 to 10 Select A1:C6 and start the ch...

flow chart
I made my flow chart, but I am not able to get it to print. Is there a special way? It will not print the shapes or the Text I have in them. It will only print words that I do not have in shapes Can you please please help me????? thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_0FD020DC Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Try pasting the drawing contents into Word and then print. It should definitely work. You can also insert a visio object in Word and print. However it is equally important to know what printer you are trying to print to and which version of Visio are you using ? Print...

turn off Automatic Hyphenation
How can I turn off the Automatic Hyphenation feature globally for all documents without having to go into each text frame? Is there like a preference menu? Thanks for the help. Try Tools, Options, Edit. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Licia" <Licia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A69E3D3-7A6C-4094-94C5-758DE0E13BB0@microsoft.com... > How can I turn off the Automatic Hyphenation feature globally for all > documents without having to go into each text frame? Is there like a > preference menu? Thanks for the help. ...

chart links
I have an excel workbook that consists of several sheets and 4 of these sheets are charts, i am wondering if its possible to see where the source cells are that drive the chart columns. I know they are not external they are all within the workbook. The chart button at top only lists greyed out buttons when in the chart sheets. Any help appreciated.. Binza You see grayed out options under chart when the chartsheet is protected. Even when protected, you can still see the source of data when you click on the data series. You can't change the source when it is protected, but, at lea...

outlook 2000 automatic sedn/receive
i just switched to outlook form outlook express. It installed o.k. I can't get it to send/receive automatically. only way to receive messages is to go to "TOOLS", "send/receive" and then it goes out to the server and gets the mail. If you click "send/receive" on the tools bar, it does nothing. anyone with any ideas would be appreciated thanks mikey You need to set an automatic polling interval under Tools->Options->Mail Delivery. And also check the box to send immediately when connected. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies ...

Chart series legend font size keeps shrinking
Excel 2007. I set the font size at 10pt, but it seems that each time I open the file, the font size gets smaller. By the time it gets to 7pt or less, it is really annoying and I re-set it to 10. It should stay at the size selected by the user, not choose its own size. ...

Automatically send e-mail on your behalf
when trying to send email from access 200 thru outlook 2000 - I get message "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?" I would like to turn this feature/message off so a user doesn't have to hit a yes for all the email that is trying to be sent. On some systems this works fine with access 2000 and outlook 2000 but on others it comes up with that message. Any Ideas? Thanks Gary it's the new security dialog - for more information about it see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm You'll only be able to disa...

bar charts don't udate when data is changed-why?
I inherited a spreadsheet with data on sheet 1 and an Excel-generated bar chart on sheet 2. The table is NOT a pivot table. When I change data in the table, the bar chart never updates. I am relatively new to Excel. What am I missing? Hi, The updated data is probably outside the old data range. You can check that by temporarily replacing one of the entries that is being plotted correctly. If that's the problem you need to extend the plot ranges. There are other possibilities. cheers, Shane "JustSomeGuy" wrote: > I inherited a spreadsheet with data on sheet 1 a...

can i create message for icon which create in DLL
Hello guys, how to call NOTIFYICONDATA and post message to the icon in MFC extension dll? I can create the icon, but i can not catch the message which point to the icon. my code in DllMain: CreateDialog((HINSTANCE)AfxGetApp(),MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDD_DIALOG1),NULL,SetDispDlgProc); dlgTimer.Create(IDD_DIALOG1); SetResolutionMenu (dlgTimer); m_hIcon = AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_DLLSTATUS); StatusAreaIcon(NIM_ADD,1006,m_hIcon,"running"); but the callback function SetDispDlgProc() never be called except Create, why? thank you! delu "delu" <qiudelu@hotmail.com&...

Creating user after big mess up
I had an issue with license and followed a recommended procedure of removing and reinstalling the license. Now I have locked everyone out of CRM! I can't add users through Deployment manager it gives me the error: "The user has not been granted any licenses or the user has not been assigned any roles (80042f09)" I can not open CRM because there are no users installed. I am running windows server 2003 w/sp1 and SQL with latest SP. Running CRM 1.2 Any help would be appreciated! Are you the admin of CRM. can you log onto the system with that account? -- John O'Donnell ...

Is there a way to know when a Contact Record was created?
Is there a way or place to see when a Contact Record was created? I used to us ACT and part of the Properties or General Info automatically recorded the Creation Date for that Contact. It was very useful info to purge my Data Base of Old Inquiries that never developed. "WIM4246" <WIM4246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93299CA1-AD1A-421D-8371-97DF1AE6BB03@microsoft.com... > Is there a way or place to see when a Contact Record was created? > > I used to us ACT and part of the Properties or General Info automatically > recorded th...

In Access 2007, how do I get a chart to reflect table data?
Am not sure how to get charts to reflect table data. It appears that you can create charts in forms and reports, and there's a chart wizard in which I select a table and fields, but the resulting chart does not have table data in it. Any suggestions? ...

Creating a PDF
How can I publish my company newsletter to a pdf so that I may send out the newsletter via e-mail? Here's how I do it. Create the newsletter with Publisher (or other program you like, i.e., Word). Convert it to a pdf file with a pdf producing program, i.e., Primopdf, PDF-XChange, Acrobat etc. Send newsletter out as an attachment to the e-mail. Primopdf is free and can be found at: www.Primopdf.com PDF-XChange is a modestly priced program which produces excellent results and beats all pdf programs for creating the smallest size files. It can be found at: http://www.docu-track.c...

I am looking for a template to create bank deposit slips.
I am so tired of lilling out bank deepost slips and I am looking for a template to create my own. Thanks. Unless your printer has a magnetic ink cartridge, you will not be able to do this. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "kkmoore" <kkmoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:571C5524-B368-492A-89CD-34CB94E7EF99@microsoft.com... >I am so tired of lilling out bank deepost slips and I am looking for a > template to create my own. > Thanks. > On Jan 7, 10:51...

Extender-Create a new data entry window
Is it possible to create a new extender form or window (not sure of the terminology) to enter data into Dynamics? Specifically the Sales Forecast Window in Manufacturing is terrible for entering data, everytime you move to the right, it the scrolling window jumps back to the top and you have to find the item again. Anyway, I would like a new window to enter a sales forecast, is this possible? thanks -- Doug Unfortunately Extender data is stored in Extender tables and cannot be stored in the Sales Forecast tables. I agree with you that the data entry screen is horrible. I am tal...

Creating CRM user
When attempting to create a new CRM user in the user manager wizard, I get the following error after selecting a user from the list of domain users. "You don't have sufficient security privileges to run the user manager wizard." The server is running Windows 2000 server, not 2003 like I have seen on other similar inquiries. Any direction is appreciated. Thanks, I think you need to first liscense the server in deployment manager/liscence manager. Then try to add users in settings through the web interface to verify that you are liscensed and set up properly. BK "A...

Changing the default color settings of charts
How can I change the default color settings the MS uses for their graphs? I can change them after I create the graph but it would be so much easier to preset them because I use the same colors for the groups I report to. Tom - There are two ways. The easiest is to adjust the color palette. Select Options from the Tools menu, and click on the Color tab. See the bottom two rows of the palette? These are the default colors for the first 8 line/scatter series and for the first 8 bar/column/area series. Click Modify to adjust them. The nice trick with this one is that changing the palett...

putting range bars (MIN AND MAX) on a bar chart of medians
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "shellie" <shellie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:255314E0-ECFE-489B-AE59-01F9378F8211@microsoft.com... > ...

Some Visio drawings lose text when creating PDF from Word
I have a number of Visio drawings that I've inserted into a Word document, using Edit>>Copy Drawing in Visio then Paste Special (selecting Microsoft Visio Drawing Object and Paste Link). When I compile a PDF using Adobe Acrobat Professional 7, some of the Visio drawings lose their text (all of it). <arggh> Anyone got any ideas or cures?? Thanks Mike ...

Where are Rules stored created in 'Organise'?
I'm using Outlook 2000. Whilst in the Inbox, having received an email I want to filter out, I use the Organise/Using Folders and send the umwanted email on to the delete Items folder. This seems to be working fine - however how would I delete this 'rule' that I have created with organise? I have checked the Rules wizrd but the rules created with organise does not reside there. Are they located somewhere else? Thanks in advance for any help. ...

How do I create a Blame Line?
I've got a button in WORD to Show/Hide it but how doe I make one? What is a Blame Line? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "SteveI" <SteveI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF15404-8F2A-467A-93EC-BB430669F460@microsoft.com... > I've got a button in WORD to Show/Hide it but how doe I make one? > ...

automatically drop data to next line
I have a cell that looks like this John Doe 123 N. 1st Street Miami, FL 12345 Is there a formula, or something I can do to get it to look like this John Doe 123 N. 1st Street Miami, FL 12345 Without having to go through and press enter and resize all of the column widths. I swear I've seen something that looks like a little box that you can put between things in a cell that will make it automatically drop to the next line. Thanks!! Hi Excel can do this in a round-about way, but it needs to know where yo want the line breaks. If your cell said John Doe, 123 N. 1st Street, Mi...

Pipeline chart error or ?
We have a customer who wants to use the report Oppertunity Pipeline chart report per sales rep. When I choose this the chart doesn't appear right, there is a white block in the chart. I've tried it in both a Danish and English version and get the same result. Does anyone know how to fix this ? Jack ...