Creating a clustered column chart

I need to create a bar-bar graph with a secondary axis.  When I try to add
the second axis, it puts the two bar graphs on top of each other like a
stacked column graph.  I need two distinct bar graphs with 2 differ vertical
axes.  How can I do this?  Thanks.
0
Lauren (21)

Try this:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html

Unfortunately it's difficult to avoid confusion between the axes, for the
people looking at your chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"lauren" <lauren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to create a bar-bar graph with a secondary axis.  When I try to add
> the second axis, it puts the two bar graphs on top of each other like a
> stacked column graph.  I need two distinct bar graphs with 2 differ
> vertical
> axes.  How can I do this?  Thanks.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

comparing columns
Hi guys! I am hoping someone has an answer for this, as I am stuck. I have a spreadsheet with two columns. Each column contains a bunch of codes. I need to be able to identify any code that appears in one column, but not the other (doesn't matter which one). So, if the code appears in column A but not B, I need to know about it. If the code appears in column B but not A, I need to know about it. I know this can be done with a formula, but I am not sure what it is! PLease help! Thanks. -- dfeld71 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dfeld71'...

256 column limit
hi, I have read all the posts on the 256 column limit. irritating. i only want about 500 columns and about 200 rows - could i transpose the data, but view it reverse transposed - if you know what i mean. i don't want to read the data down, but across. i am assuming the limit is to control the overall number of cells? this would not affect that. ellebelle Next version of Excel has 16384 columns and 1048576 rows but until it's released you can't do anything about it except using another layout -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ellebelle" <ellebelle@discussions.mic...

Multiple stacked columns
Hiya, I want to create a stacked column chart comparing 2 sources of data: Stack1 (Data) Stack2 (Budget) Product A Product B Product C Product A Product B Product C Q1 10 50 12 15 45 15 Q2 14 55 11 16 50 14 Q3 23 43 9 20 40 10 Q4 1 4 0 ...

Office Chart doubt
Hi, I try to create a chart using Office Chart Component 9. I set the type of the WCChart object as chChartTypeScatterLine, WCSeries object1 as chChartTypeScatterSmoothLineMarkers. WCSeries object2 as chChartTypeScatterSmoothLine. But the type applied to series 2 is always set to series object 1. void CImageCalibChartCtrl::ChangeType() { CWCCharts aCharts = myChartCollection.GetCharts(); CWCChart aChart = aCharts.GetItem(COleVariant((short)0)); aChart.Select(); aChart.GetSeriesCollection().GetItem(...

How do I print 2 charts to 1 page?
Hi Cloudy Maybe http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Cloudy Amie" <Cloudy Amie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9890E25-B186-4140-B829-AEF7EB1ED109@microsoft.com... > ...

Need to Change Column of Telephone numbers to just 10 characters
Hi I imported data from another program into excel. The telephone numbers are in the following format 333 333-3333. How do I change it to just having 10 digits without spaces of hyhens. I need it in this format to export to another system Jen Edit>replace find what -, leave replace with blank, then replace again and this time put a space in the find what and replace with nothing -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jennifer Leen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7923E5C4-B199-464F-B34D-9B3B2C726376@microsoft.com... > Hi , > > I imported d...

How do I unhide The first column or row
After hiding the first column or row in Excel, how do I unhide it One way: Enter A1 in the Name Box on the left side of the formula bar and type Enter. Choose Format/Row/Unhide or Format/Column/Unhide In article <26178EB3-8474-4C26-9087-75487987BBFB@microsoft.com>, ashekumar <ashekumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After hiding the first column or row in Excel, how do I unhide it Another way - click in the column B label and drag into the empty box above the row numbers, then right-click and choose unhide same process to unhide the first row, but drag fr...

cannot open excel file
I go to open an excel spreadsheet that was working perfectly fine on Friday (it is now Monday), and I get the following error message (regardless of Macro settings): "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I did a search of all "*.log" files on my computer, and the only one modified at the same time as the error is drwtsn32.log. Here's the entry I get from the log file: "Application exception occurred: App: (pid=624) When: 6/6/2005 @ 10:28:51.290 ...

Unable to hide columns
I am trying to hide some columns which have no data, but get a message: "Cannot shift objects off sheet" I'm not trying to delete the column, simply trying to hide it. And I can't find any objects in the column in the first place. I appreciate any explanation Thank you, Tony Bender Do you have any Comments in the cells? See this KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211769 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:19:30 -0700 (PDT), Tony Bender <tony_bender@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am trying to h...

Pivot Chart, line graph w/ multiple series
I have columns of cust, year, est sales, actual sales. Customer is put in page area, year is put on category axis. I can add est sales to data area and will have one line. But when I add the actual sales to the data area, it does not show as a line, but adds itself to the category x axis. Am I missing something? If you are adding the field directly on to the PivotChart, consider using the associated PivotTable. Is the 'actual sales' column part of the data field or one of the the row/column fields? Ensure it is a data field. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel ww...

Chart does not show up in print preview and wont print?
I have chart that is a workbook page but when I select print preview it does not shown up, only a blank pages comes up. And so it wont print. How can I fix this? I have Office 2007 and I can not select set print area or clear print area, they are shaded out. ...

Pie Charts
Hey guys..I am having trouble with the auto formats on excel charts. Specifically, when I make a pie chart the size and wording are not properly spaced. Every time the information changes I have to manually realign everything. Does anyone know how to make it so it everything fits automatically. Thanks again. CHip ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements ...

Bar Chart #9
I have a spreadsheet like below and I want to make separate (but the same format) bar charts for each week The top-left cell starts at cell A1 (The numbers below are hours) This is a spreadsheet to log the amount of hours lost in the department and the reason why productivity was delayed for that time. Date Server Printer Temperature Network Data Control 4/28/08 4 4/29/08 5 4/30/08 5/1/08 1 5/2/08 3 Totals 4 8 1 5/4/...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

Milestone Slip Chart Example
I am trying to create a milestone slip chart in EXCEL to track status o my project outside of our project planning and managemet tool. Doe anyone have an example of something they already use? Any help woul be greatly appreciated. Pet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Year series shows wrong in chart
Hi all : using Excel 2003, I have what should not even be a problem that I cannot solve. I have a series of years in a column, 1970-2006 to be exact, and these are the labels for my x axis. When I insert chart this appears as 1,2,3,...instead of 1970, 1971, etc. It doesn't matter how I format that column, text, general, custom, nothing works. Why is it not just giving me the data in the format that is actually there and how can I get it? thanks for any help Bevin B. Try first entering the dates as dates. To check to make sure they're entered as dates, after entering the data c...

why won't excel allow me to add more data to a chart?
For some of my data I skip days for collecting it so I use the shift key to click on the days I do want in the chart. I have been doing this for awhile but now that I'm obtaining more points it has simply stopped letting me add data points. When I click on the one where it stops collecting it erases all of the others I have clicked and makes a stop noise. I need to add more data so why won't it let me?? Hi, There is a finite limit on the length of the series formula, ~1024 characters. So this example is for a series with 3 data points in cells A2:B4. =SERIES(,Sheet...

Vertical line in chart
Hi, I create a line chart with three different lines. The x- axis is used to show the status of items over a number of weeks (planned, revised, finished). I wan to insert a vertical line in sheet, showing current week. Tips? On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for adding lines to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine Konpego wrote: > I create a line chart with three different lines. The x- > axis is used to show the status of items over a number of > weeks (planned, revised, finished). I wan to insert a > vertical line in...

create an acess report from multiple exel files
Hello guys, I have billing statements that are all done in exel with a template and stored in folders by month order. At the end of the month, I need to make a report giving: name, account number, payment due. This information is stored in the same cell in each bill as a template is used. I am doing it manually by opening each individual exel file and copy information and paste to another spreadsheet to create my report. Is it possible to extract some data from multiple exel files and create a report? Does anyone have any idea how to work around this? I really appreciate your time ...

How to subtract data in one chart from another chart in access?
I have data from a query in one chart showing revenue totals from July2009 to December 2009. Then I have another chart showing revenue totals from July2009 to January 2010. I want to create a chart that shows revenue for only the month of January2010. This means I need to subtract the December2009 revenue from the January2010 revenue. Is there a query for this? Can you please post the structure of your tables? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "Lanz" wrote: > I have data from a query in one chart showing revenue totals from July2009 to > December 2009. The...

Creating Case using web services

TMP File Created in Addition to Document Saved
I have a user with a new computer running XP o/s and Office 2000 SP3. Her default file location for Excel is on the network (Novell)to her personal home directory. After modifying a workbook and then saving, an additional file is getting created with how the workbook looked before the modification. The additional file getting saved uses the same name but then adds ~*****.tmp (not actually **** but what appears to be random alph/numeric characters...example rf1c7a38). This never used to be the case on her prior system (95 with Office 2000 SR1). She has full rights on her home direc...

maintaining the vtbl pointer in each object created..
I have a class, say PERSON. This calss has 2 virtual functions and 1 data member. When a new object of this class is created on the heap, a virtual table pointer(vtbl) will be maintained in the object. If I construct say another 10 objects, each object will maintain its own virtual table pointer. Thus 11 objects of same class now have 1 pointer each implies 1 pointer * 4 bytes * 11 objects = 44 bytes used. Why is it not that this pointer be maintained in a static variable maybe globally and all the objects of the class refer to it, rather than maintaining 4 bytes with each object? Please...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Is there a way to get the "Y" labels to show up on the right end of the chart, rather then the left? Craig Hi, The Crosses property set to xlMaximim should do it, '--------- With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory) .Crosses = xlMaximum .TickLabelSpacing = 1 .TickMarkSpacing = 1 .AxisBetweenCategories = True .ReversePlotOrder = False End With '--------- Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:ebo9l.546$PE4.416@nlpi061.n...

Creating a form #3
Can I creat a Form in Publisher? I am able to create a form in MS Word 2000 that people can just check off boxes. I am using Publisher 98, and I'm wondering if any later versions are able to create these same forms. Thank you. Publisher 98 has business form templates. Try adapting one of them for your own needs. All versions of Publisher have business form templates. There are others on the Office web site, but Publisher 98 is not compatible with those. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.ip...