creating a chart template

How do I create a chart template so all I have to do is paste multipule
copies of this template and reassociate the cell references?
0
dogween (2)

Cutting a line in a line chart when data series stops
I have a series like so: Jan 10 Feb 10 Mar 11 Apr 12 May Jun Jul And so on - the rest of the year is blank. When I draw a line chart for the full 12 months the series draws a line up to April, then plummets to zero in May. I want the line to just stop at April. If I use a series as above and genuine empty cells for the end of the year this ok, but since my May cell reads =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,"") the "" does not seem to get recognised as a blank cell. Please help!! Change your formula to =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,NA()) -- David Biddulph "DannyS" <Da...

How to mark and creat index in Publisher 2003
When I make a book in Publisher 2003, it looks like the same in Word 2003. But how can I mark and creat index in Publisher 2003, and creat the contents in the head of the book? Thanks a lot. ----James Manually. There is no function built into Publisher to do that. -- ...

All charts in gray color
In SharePoint Sever after I upload a excel file all my charts are displayed in single gray color, not even a different tones of gray just one tone, any idea how to correct that behavior? Thanks in advance ...

How can I create Combo list with no VBA
I would like to create drop down list the old fashioned way. I know nothing about VBA or ActiveX. Previous version of excel allowed you to create a control with a drop down list which after selection will put the output in a specific field on which calculation could start. Is there a way to get Excel to work the old way Open up the control tool box. Select the combo box and place it on your worksheet. Put the list of values that you want in a column range somewhere. Open the properties for the combo box. Enter the range with your values in the ListFillRange property, like A2:A10 Enter the ...

Any way to save fonts with templates?
Is there a way to embed fonts into Excel templates? That would save a lot of grief. Thanks. Nope. Send the font file and have them install it, too???? StargateFan wrote: > > Is there a way to embed fonts into Excel templates? That would save a > lot of grief. > > Thanks. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:19:05 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote: >Nope. > >Send the font file and have them install it, too???? <sigh> That one is going to be tough. The only way around this is to try to keep all the fonts on one di...

business card templates
I bought Avery template 8871 that prints 10 business cards per page and I printed those just fine. I would like to switch to template 8869 which prints 8 per page. It seems like such an easy thing to change but I can't find the option anywhere! I seem to recall that I entered in the template number the first time I used this product. Does anybody know how to change this printing template Thanks I found the option. Instead of choosing business card in Page Setup, I chose Lebel and was able to choose the right template. ...

Help with creating drop down
Hi,, can anyone help me on how i can create a drop down combination(i'm not sure what it is called)? x y z X1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 x3 y3 z3 What im trying to do is if cell A1 has a drop down list(with X,Y,Z selection), i would like cell B1 to return another drop down list that contains a list corresponding to what was selected in cell A1.. so if cell A1 is Y, then cell B2 will show another list with Y1,Y2 and Y3 selection... Im using MS Office 2007. Please advise and thank you very much. Hi, take a look at Debra web has excellent examples http://www.contextur...

Template for Commercial Insurance data
Does anyone have a template of, what seems appropriate to me, an excel spreadsheet listing types of insurance, Amounts of policies, dates of renewal, Deductables, AM Best ratings, etc. This would summarize what is typically in the full policies ...

Catalog Merge templates do not line up when printed
It appears the "next record" logic in the Publisher mail merge logic is missing when attempting to print any document that has more than 1 copy per sheet? Publisher will only print data from one record per physical page and not move to next record for each postcard on the page. ie) 8.5" x 11" paper, 8.5" x 5.5" post card, 1 column per page, 2 cards per page But has anyone, in the MVP community, created a workaround? Being a long time user of MS tools, we always had to hack around the MS shortcomings. I'm not a Publisher expert and need to get a fix...

how do I show filter information on a pivot chart in excel2007?
In the previous version of Excel that I used you had the option to show Pivot Chart buttons which detailled how the chart had been filter. I can't find a replacement for this in 2007 so if someone prints the chart it isn't comprehensive in that you can't tell how it's been filtered. I create a lot of these for less experienced users and this info can be critical since descisions are made based on these charts. Can anyone help please? -- ATB Russ Hi, See the reply to my question about the same issue (added 16/9). That works. You just need to modify the macro for every s...

create a calendar #2
Thank you so much, JulieD ! I think it is a wonderful solution to m problem. I will email you directly also. Thank you very much again. Best regards, elenapili -- elenapili ----------------------------------------------------------------------- elenapilin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1569 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27225 Hi glad to assist. Hope you received the file i emailed. Cheers JulieD "elenapilin" <elenapilin.1eqmny@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:elenapilin....

How can I add values from several worksheets in a line chart seri.
I have an Excel document with 12 (monthly) worksheets. I want to make a line chart pulling data in one cell (same cell on each sheet) from each of the twelve sheets. In other words, Jan F2 + Feb F2 + Mar F2, etc. Can I do that on the chart's Source Data menu in the Series/VALUES field? If so, what is the proper language/formula. If not, what are my options? Do I have to make a total page and pull from it? Also, is it possible to make the Category (X) axis label be the Worksheet Name (Jan, Feb, Mar) Lastly, is there a place that gives sample formulas for someone trying to brush...

Create standard folders in all users mailboxes.
I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying archiving rules to a user's inbox, I want to create a standard folder that users can move their mail to so it can be archived. Im sure there is a way to create this folder for all users as well as ensure it stays there in the future (and for new users, etc) ... Any suggestions ? On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:29:01 -0800, "Mal.Harwood" <Mal.Harwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying >archiving rules to a user's inbox, I w...

put numbers back on a calendar template after removing shading?
O n the Event Schedule Planner template, when I remove shading from the calendar the numbers are removed also. It won't let me put them back. When I use "no fill" it removes the numbers too. Exactly what template are you using? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dfarnelli" <dfarnelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:162D36F1-E593-4EB2-B0A2-F769CBE0C1C0@microsoft.com... > O > n the Event Schedule Planner template, when I remove shading from the...

How can I create a Public Contact Folder in Exchange 2003
It seems that I can only create public e-mail folders. How can I create a public contact folder? I am kind of new in exchange so any help would apreciated. Mike When you create the folder it asks what type of data to store - choose contacts. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Mike" <recklez@cyprus-x.org>...

Chart's DataTable
Some times we need to show source data with chart. we could turn it true by use specific name in axis(xlcategory) or by using source data 's linking picture . Both of these could help us to show specific series. and as all of us know that, the chart's datatable will show all of the series' value. I want to know whether we can hide any dummy series in chart's data table directly. Thanks for your answer in advance. Hi, No. Formatting, including hiding, of chart data table elements is very restricted. This may help http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm...

Create XML Document given an XSD
Hi, Does .Net framework provide a way to create an XML Document based on an XSD? I know that there may be an issue with the data inside it, but it doesn't have to be a valid XML document to start with and then the user can fill in the blanks. Regards, --- Victor Hadianto http://www.synop.com/Products/SauceReader/ Victor Hadianto wrote: > Does .Net framework provide a way to create an XML Document based on an XSD? > I know that there may be an issue with the data inside it, but it doesn't > have to be a valid XML document to start with and then the user can fill in ...

Creating a calculated field using dates in a form
I am trying to use dates from 2 fields in a form (HireDate-DOB) to calculate age. Then, using the age, I want to display a message if the age is less than 18. I think I have written a conditional statement correctly, but am unsure where to place it so that the message displays when the condition is met. I am totally new to Access 2007 and VB. You did not say what the content of your 'conditional statement' was and how you plan on using it. What has HireDate to do with it? Is it you want to see if their age is less than 18 on the date of hiring? Then this will c...

Can't create a new public folder.
I ran into the following problems: In the System Manager, the "public folders" container doesn't list public folders and system folders. Also when I tried to create a new public folder, the system didn't response at all, no even giving me any error message. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is? Thanks a lot in advance! "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F80E3901-55EB-42AA-9914-6069F19CAE90@microsoft.com... >I ran into the following problems: > > In the System Manager, the "public folders" container d...

How can a user created template be added to the toolbar
Running Office 2007 Pro. I inadvertently posted this question in the forms forum. I created a template that I would like to access from the toolbar instead through the menu even though I have eliminated a couple steps by putting Choose Form on the toolbar it still takes more clicks than I want. I saw instructions about adding a form but I couldn't get past "modifying selection" after selecting the macro. So how do I add my OFT file to the toolbar? Thanks for you time and assistance! ...

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Create Lead from Email #2
I have setup a queue to receive incoming emails from leads. I am able to use a workflow to create a new lead for each incoming email. The issue that I have encountered is that the data for these leads are collected by outside vendors and contain additional information. Each vendors format is consistent. I would like to be able to parse the body of the email and populate fields in the lead. I would prefer to do this using CRM but if you know of some good 3rd party tools please let me know. Thanks Chris, We are developing a solution to address our client requirements, reading the email ...

Chart line colors
Hi I create a few charts in code from VB.NET using the excel interops, office 2003. In my software I need to be able to set the color of the lines i.e. the color of each series on the chart. There may be up to 9 series per chart. How do I asign a color to the series lines on the chart? Thanks Pieter Get out your version of Excel, make a chart like the one your code will produce, then record a VBA macro while you change the series formats manually. Then all that's left is to translate the VBA into VB.Net. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solut...

Chart background color not copying along
Hi, I have a problem with charts that are placed on seperate chartsheets within my workbook. The chart-area is filled in different of yellow with a fill-effect. No problems thus far. But now when I'm copying the chart to word, the background-fill is reset to a black/white scheme instead of yellow. Strange behaviour that didn't occur up till november 2008. I've been researching this for a while. Up till now I found the following: This only happens when the chart is on a seperate sheet, not when it is positioned on a worksheet. It only happens with fill-effects. The color-swit...

Creating New E-Mail Outlook 2002 sp21
When attempting to create new email an "unspecified error" occurs and precludes me from completing the emial. Am using Office XP suite with Outlook 2002 sp1. Original issue was just a single notification and when closed would allow me to create message. Has progressed to where error frame self propagates continuously, does this sound viral ? Certainly doesn't sound healthy. Have you tried Detect & Repair? (look in Help) Is your virus checker running the latest updates - with what results? K "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...