Creating a chart from a list

In Excel 2003, I created a list with "Data/List/Create List."  I want the
chart I create to be able to update as I add additional rows at the bottom
(row 750.)
 I have been unable to use the chart wizard to create a chart of column
q550:q750 with b550:b750 as the X-axis, since column B contains dates.

                        Thanks in advance, CMA

0
cma16 (8)

Select cells B550:B750, then hold the Ctrl key, and select Q550:Q750
Start the chart wizard, and create a chart with the options you want
As you add new rows to the list, they should automatically appear in the
chart.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
6/7/2004 11:59:53 AM
"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Select cells B550:B750, then hold the Ctrl key, and select Q550:Q750
> Start the chart wizard, and create a chart with the options you want
> As you add new rows to the list, they should automatically appear in the
> chart.
>
> cmar wrote:
> > In Excel 2003, I created a list with "Data/List/Create List."  I want
the
> > chart I create to be able to update as I add additional rows at the
bottom
> > (row 750.)
> >  I have been unable to use the chart wizard to create a chart of column
> > q550:q750 with b550:b750 as the X-axis, since column B contains dates.
>
> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

 Thanks for the useful tip, Debra. It is a bit tricky to select series this
way but eventually I was able to do it. (I wonder if thee is a way to do it
by typing in the cells for the series?)

  The chart was set up correctly. However, when I added new data at he
bottom of rows B and Q, the chart was not extended. This may have to do with
how the chart is set up, e.g., Format Axis and date range of the data
series, but that is supposed to be automated if you create a List.

0
cma16 (8)
6/8/2004 10:38:20 PM
When you type new data in columns B or Q, does the list's blue border
expand to include it?

cmar wrote:
> "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
>
>>Select cells B550:B750, then hold the Ctrl key, and select Q550:Q750
>>Start the chart wizard, and create a chart with the options you want
>>As you add new rows to the list, they should automatically appear in the
>>chart.
>>
>>cmar wrote:
>>
>>>In Excel 2003, I created a list with "Data/List/Create List."  I want
>>
> the
>
>>>chart I create to be able to update as I add additional rows at the
>>
> bottom
>
>>>(row 750.)
>>> I have been unable to use the chart wizard to create a chart of column
>>>q550:q750 with b550:b750 as the X-axis, since column B contains dates.
>>
>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
>>http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
>>

>  Thanks for the useful tip, Debra. It is a bit tricky to select series this
> way but eventually I was able to do it. (I wonder if thee is a way to do it
> by typing in the cells for the series?)
>
>   The chart was set up correctly. However, when I added new data at he
> bottom of rows B and Q, the chart was not extended. This may have to do with
> how the chart is set up, e.g., Format Axis and date range of the data
> series, but that is supposed to be automated if you create a List.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

Names Drop down list
I have version 2002 SP-2 Outlook. Also, under tools/options/email options/advanced email options, I have "suggest names while completing" and "automatic name checking" checked. I was recently moved from outlook express to Outlook. Now when I write a letter, when I start writing a name, nothing happens. When I start writing an email address, then I get a suggestion drop down list. , How do I get names to do that,. I had no problem in Outlook Express. ...

How do I display a formula calculation in plot area of a chart?
I want to add a text box in the chart that returns the value from a formula that was entered on the data page. The formula value is not related to any series value. WiseGuyOne: You need to build your text expression in a cell, then insert that expression to the chart. First, to build your text expression: 1. Select your cell 2. Enter = first to let Excel =know you are adding a formula 3. You can now enter text within quotes and cell values .. here's an example =" Yesterdays average temperature was " & sheet1!$a$3 Note that the & is used to add ...

Windows live won't print single page email... prints eye charts only?
Can someone tell me WHY the body of any email invoice has to be printed with BIG text (1/8th inch tall) and be spread across 2 to 3 pages???? Do I need to get away from HP? Do I need to get away from Microsoft? Does Apple have this problem? Can I go back to like Windows 3.1 on my new pavilion? It's real simple. I run a small home based business. I don't even use my computer to do that, except I sometimes order parts online and thus receive invoices via email. For tax purposes, I need to make a hard copy. I've tried everything I can but CANNOT reduce the text si...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

Layered charts
I have to create a chart representing population data: males & females. in addition to these two columns, I would like to add the sum of the two. Graphically it would be great to represent the third column (the total population) behind the two M & F columns, providing visually an indication that it is the sum of the two. I've seen something like this in a recent PPT created with Office 2007 (charts from Excel 2007, the version I'm currently using). Is there a smart way to obtain this result? Thanks, Stefano Why not make a tornado chart - see http://peltiertech.com/Exce...

Excel2000: Is it possible to use named ranges as chart's series ranges
Hi I have a table, with a row added weekly, and a chart based on those data. But chart must display data from last 6 week only, i.e. chart's data series must be defined dynamically. Of course I can do it, using some hidden dummy sheet, where data for last 6 week are automatically collected, and which serves as source table for chart. But is there a way to avoid this - p.e. by using dynamic named ranges? I tried to enter range names into Values field for Chart Series, but I got 'The formula you typed contains an error' message. Is there some trick for it, or it is hopeless? OK, ...

Create New Default PST
How do you go about creating a new PST and then setting it as your default in OL2002? Thanks for the help! JohnH <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you go about creating a new PST and then setting > it as your default in OL2002? To create it, click File>Open>Outlook Data File. Browse to the folder where you want it, give it a name, and click OK. Then to select it for your default delivery, click Tools>E-mail accounts>View or change existing e-mail accounts>Next. Click the drop-down next to "Delivery new e-mail to the following location...

.NET WebService method doesn't understand xsd list
I've posted this before but no one seems to respond. I need to know if this is a bug I am implementing a webservice against a preexisting schema/wsdl The schema specifies an element called Type that is a xml schema list of qname (i.e. it wants the message to have a space deimited list of qnames.) However wsdl.exe interprets this incorrectly as 'XmlQualifiedName Types' rather than 'XmlQualifiedName [] Types'. Simply changing the type in the C# class to an array results in incorrect serialization/exceptions. This is a fairly common piece of schema so I'm surprised ...

creating a templates area.
Is it possible to create a workgroup template folder and view those templates in excel? I noticed that word had this option but excel didn't. TIA, Jackson Just put your excel templates in that same Workgroup Template location. Excel will find it. (You can change that location in MSWord, but excel will find that setting.) Jackson wrote: > > Is it possible to create a workgroup template folder and view those > templates in excel? I noticed that word had this option but excel didn't. > > TIA, > > Jackson -- Dave Peterson Thanks for the quick reply b...

Black box when printing embedded chart to XPS
On a machine with Excel 2007 installed, open WordPad. Insert -> Object. Choose "Microsoft Office Excel Chart". A generic looking chart gets inserted into the document. Print it to a printer, and it prints fine (at least for me). Print it to the XPS printer (or PDF printer) and you get a black box where the chart is supposed to be. This is causing havok on a program I maintain that uses embedded excel charts. I thought it was a problem in my program, but now I've replicated it only using WordPad, Excel 2007, and the Microsoft XPS printer. ...

open a file listed in my db
I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it I would like to double click on an excel vile name listed in the access db and have it open How would I go about this? gary, Take a look in Access help. Look for "followhyperlink" HTH Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Gary." wrote: > I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files > > I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it > > I would like...

Safe to delete the default address lists?
I'd like to replace the default address lists (All Contacts, All Groups & All Users) with customized address lists. Is it safe to delete the default address lists or can they be hidden? The existence of both the default & custom lists is confusing the users. Thanks, David. Yes, they can be deleted. You can use LDIFDE to export them first - in case you need to recreate them the ldf dump will make it a snap. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "David Agosta" &...

How do I create an invoice?????
I have Money 2002 home edition, and cannot find any invoice templates or ANYTHING to do with invoices. I was under the impression I could create invoices with the home edition. Am I wrong?? ...

Font List
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hey Folks, I'm looking for a full list of fonts included in this particular software. Thanks. Here ya go: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=147 Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 8/18/09 5:09 PM, in article 59b7a80f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "rubensun@officeformac.com" <rubensun@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Hey Folks, > I'm looking for a full list of font...

Can I create custom theme fonts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a variety of office documents where the fonts that I use are not available in any of the theme fonts. I would like to be able to modify the standard fonts that are part of a theme the same way that I can modify the colors that are part of that theme. I've searched Help and the web to no avail, so I'm assuming this feature doesn't exist. ...

Crosstab Query with query parameter used to create a report
My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to use it to create a report I am asked multiple times to re-enter my query parameters. The report generates the correct results; however, why do I need to re-enter my query parameter multiple times?? Thanks.. Open the crosstab in design view, click on menu Query - Parameters. This opens another window. Type in your parameter names and data type. Save. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "JJ_Access" wrote: > My crosstab query using a query parameter works fine; however, once I try to ...

Chart changing based on change in data source (number of rows/colu
As I see, the data range for charting is normally fixed. I have to produce chart based on chaning rows and/or columns in data source table. Has anybody got some suggestion for me? Bal Ram Bhui - For Excel charts in general, I suggest Jon Peltier's web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/ For dynamic charts, I suggest: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "Bal Ram Bhui, Jakarta" <Bal Ram Bhui, Jakarta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD0B5564-26B0-4...

Charting Defaults
I created a macro for creating 70 charts and was wondering how I would know what lines are actually default values and which are not. I would like to reduce the number of lines of code for this application. The following is the code: Sub CreateGraph() 'Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim ChartNames As Variant Dim SeriesRanges As Variant Dim SeriesCollection As Variant Dim AlarmLevels As Variant 'First Number in Range is First Column(up/down) Next is Row(side/side) ChartNames = Range("'DataCollection'!A1503:BR1503") Serie...

Can't get rid of rogue PST file in Folder List
Hi, I have Outlook XP SP1 and latest updates. After a recent reinstall of WinXP I now have 2 PST files listed. One is my normal one, and the other is pointing at a file that doesn't exist. I get the error when I click on it: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The path specified for the file ... is not valid." I can't right-click to delete it. If I try to create a PST where it is hoping to find one, it won't open it anyway. I've removed all references (there were 2) to that PST from registry. What els...

Creating 5 foot paper banner in Publisher
Can anyone tell me why only 1 page is printing when I try to print a 5 foot paper banner. After the first page, the printer stops... I feel like I've tried just about everything with no luck... Suggestions? Thanks, Steve Did you check your printer settings? On a related topic - has anyone ever been able to create a .pdf of a banner with PrimoPDF? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09de01c52a97$8fef4c60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me why only 1 page is printing when I try ...

Creating a Worksheet with date
Hi, I'm trying to creat a wroksheet that will have two weeks of date at the top row to be printed every two weeks and each time printing, it shows the next two weeks automatically. I'm very new on doing this, please help if there is anyway of doing this. Thank you in advance for your help. Regards, MD Thanks Paul, It worked. MD >-----Original Message----- >Md, how about putting the first date in A1 and then this formula in B1 and >copy accross to as many columns as needed, then you will only have to change >the date in A1, this could be changed automatically wh...

Excel 97 Graphs/Charts What's happened to the colours?
I had just got to grips with the charting options in Exdcel 97 when the other day, all my nice charts had changed colour, THey are now all wishy washy colours and I can't find out how to change the default colour settings to give me more colourful options. Can anyone help? Maybe you changed the palette in the workbook. Look at Tools, Options, Color. The Reset button will restore the default palette. Before changing anything you might want to save the customized palette in another which you can do from the same dialog. Chart colours in Series are automatically applied from bottom ...

how can I create a custom design for business card
I saved a picture on my desktop that I would like to use for my business card design.How do I go about doing it if it's possible? Thank you in advance Jason Jason Use the 'insert' picture from file, and then use the 'format' picture for placement, layout et al.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "wrenchnjai1" <wrenchnjai1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FF8A318-3324-445C-A07F-65B47F3C3258@microsoft.com... >I saved a picture on my desktop that I would like to use for my ...

Access Database Crashes When Creating An .MDE File
Hello,I am facing a situation which is not allowing me to create a .mde file. The following are the details of the file and the environment:Version Of MS Access : 2002Actual Version in which file is created : 97 and then upgraded to Access 2002Current File Format : Access 2002Size of the file : 550 MBThere isn't any problem with the functioning of the database and everything is fine. But recently when I tried to create an .mde file out of it, i found that the database crashes with the typical send information to Microsoft screen.Trouble Shooting Steps Performed:1. Deleting the 10.0 Key whi...

What is teh easiest way to create mailbox on exchange 2003 without
This process seems to be pretty complicated. I have not been able to find anything to allow me to create an exchange mailbox for 2003. i don't want to use any 3rd tools for this process but .net and wmi or anything else built in is fine. A pointer in the correct direction would be helpfull. Thanks In VB.NET you can bind to the user object and issue the "CreateMailbox" method. You could probably do the same from Powershell. For example: $oUser = [adsi]LDAP://cn=Junkyard_Jones,ou=YardStaff,dc=Mycompany,dc=com $homeMDB = <homeMDB string> $oUser.CreateMai...