Create vertical line to indicate date on chart with series of date

I am trying to figure out a way to add a vertical line to a chart that shows
a range of dates on the horizontal axis.  I think a vertical line,
interesting with a particular date.  I will most likely use =today() for the
vertical line.  How can this be done?

Regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy
0

Problem solved!  I just added a series:  Source Data > Series, I added a
series and entered x values (today - today) and y values (0 - max value in
range).

Thanks to those who looked.

--
RyGuy

"ryguy7272" wrote:

> I am trying to figure out a way to add a vertical line to a chart that shows
> a range of dates on the horizontal axis.  I think a vertical line,
> interesting with a particular date.  I will most likely use =today() for the
> vertical line.  How can this be done?
>
> Regards,
> Ryan--
>

> --
> RyGuy
0
ryguy7272 (6)

Dynamic Bar of Pie Chart: Series1 Label & Value Issue
I have created a Bar of Pie chart and everything works great. I even have named ranges on my data so that the bar portion automatically updates when the data changes. However the Series1 Label on the pie itself does not change to reflect the new total so that it is the sum of all the values in the right column below. Does that make sense? I have one series and my data looks like this: Contracts 100 Name1 100 Name2 150 Name3 200 Name4 75 Name5 50 Name6 25 The pie portion has Contracts & Other as labels with the totals of...

First Try at Creating a User Form
I have exhausted my search abilities to find an answer to what should be a simple question. I created a user form that pretty much duplicates the built in Data Form. The major difference is that it does not contain all of the fields in the data base -- just a few of them and it doesn't have all of the controls only a Next and Previous control as well a Close. The form is just what I want but I can't figure out how to get it to display the values of the fields when I open it. That is the first problem.. I want it, like the built in form, to show the values of fields for each recor...

Convert Date YYYYMMDD
Hi All, I need to convert using a query the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD. How do I do this? Thanks Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Format([YourDateField], "yyyymmdd") -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > Hi All, > > I need to convert using a query the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD. > > How do I do this? > > Thanks > Matt > > -- >...

Help! How I can create...
I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in VC++ with a CTreeCtrl within... How I can proceed? Thank you! On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:03:19 +0100, Gaetano Sferra <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote: > I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in > VC++ > with a CTreeCtrl within... > How I can proceed? > > Thank you! > > Hi, Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Paul. > Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Hi Paul, please be more specific... I've already se...

how do I get more than 19 bars on a bar chart
Hi! I have three columns of data each containing 84 entries. These are grouped in threes, and I wish to create a bar chart to show the comparison between groups A, B and C. I use the chart wizard, create a bar chart, then create the series. Then for each series I go down the column with CTRL held down, selecting each third entry. This is fine for 19 entries, but when I click to select entry no. 20, the series clears itself. If I highlight 20 entries and then click on Insert/chart, I get the message 'Series formula is too long'. Can anyone explain please how to over come t...

Date chart formula question?!?1
Hi all, In a very old spread sheet i was using this formula =IF(OR(AND($D7<G$6,$E7>F$6),AND(F$6>=$D7,F$6<=$E7)),".","") and it worked for dates pre 2009. However, i now wish to use it for dates between 2010 - 2011. Each column represent a week and the rows will indicate and project or task. can anyone help? There is nothing it that formula that will make it work for pre-2009 and not for later years. Perhaps you need to look at your data values? If you have a problem, you could tell us what values are being fed into the formula when it works...

How change dimensions of data label text box in pie chart?
In Excel 2003, I can't seem to re-shape the data labels text boxes in my pie chart. I can change the font and allignment of the text within the text box. But, if the text defaults onto two or three lines, I cannot stretch the text box out to get the text to stay on one line. Normally, you can pull on the the little handles on the text box. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about? This is a deficiency in Excel's charting capabilities. The text elements seem like regular text boxes, but you are unable to resize or reshape them. Even VBA can't do this. The workar...

Getting data point from an accel chart
I have an excel chart that I want to get the data points(x,y) from. The source data refers to cells in the same sheet, but I don't see any cell in that work sheet. Only the chart. I can run the cursor over the line and get the x,y coordinates for each point. I would like to copy the x,y values, to reproduce the curve in another program ...

COUNTIFS with a date for criteria...
I want to count all the entries in column N that occurred between a range of dates specified in the other criteria. The dates are obviously in column B. I use this currently- COUNTIFS(Data!N:N,"=Option",Data!B:B,">=1/1/2009",Data!B:B,"<=2/28/2009") However, I use this similar function in multiple cells, all counting different attributes. Rather than going into each cell and changing the search dates, I wanted a criteria to be a variable that can be entered into a different set of cells... like this. COUNTIFS(Data!N:N,"=Option",D...

Filtering Excel 2003 Charts to a date range
I have multiple charts that we look for trends on over 1-2 year time frames. Is it possible to have a chart show all the data that has been entered and when looking at the chart have a date range data to format that range differently. What I am trying to do is we have weekly or montly meetings, in these meetings I would like to show all the additional data differently that has been added since our last meeting, while showing accumulative data in a different format. The easiest way to get different formats is to use different series. If you had one series, you could use autofiltering to...

Hide one month in a chart
I have data from July 2006 to January 2007 that I need to chart. The only catch is that there is no data for Dec 06 (we do not capture this data due to the Xmas rush). On the chart I would like to remove Dec 06 but have not succeeded. Any ideas? In the cell where the Dec 6 data should go type =NA() This will display as #N/A Excel will ignore it when it charts But Dec 6 will still be on the x-axis (it would be misleading to not have it) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <dkbleechmore@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:1170456927...

Perserving secondary axis in pivot chart
I have a Pivot Chart with two series of data, one of which is plotted on the secondary y axis. Every time I refresh the chart, it defaults back and I lose my secondary axis. I then have to manually change this every time. Hi, This is a know issue. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 Cheers Andy David wrote: > I have a Pivot Chart with two series of data, one of which is plotted on the > secondary y axis. Every time I refresh the chart, it defaults back and I > lose my secondary axis. I then...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

Re: Tax Line Manager shows incorrect salary and tax projections
Hi I have exactly the same problem. Did anybody find a solution? Thanks, V. JC wrote: > *Hi - > > The Tax Line Manager shows the correct Year to Date Salary amoun > but > for some reason, the Projected Total for 2004 is way off. When > drill > down to the projection details, it includes my projected quarterly > bonus but not the regular salary (taxable income) amounts for th > rest > of the year. Same issue with the W-2 tax categories - the projection > includes the taxes for the quarterly bonus but not the regula > salary. > I am using Money 2003, wo...

Creating a simple form in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3FAEF.C4CC0AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can someone walk me through how I would set up a simple form in Outlook, = that when sent, the form would be in active visual mode when received by = a recipient? I don't find the help very helpful. I.e.... how about as an example it would ask the question "What day = would be best for you:". To the right of that I would like a simple drop = down menu that would have the choices Monday to ...

Converting current date to Julian Date
Does anyone know a simple function for converting the current date to a julian date. So Jan 1 would be 1 and Dec 31 would be 365 (except in leap year, of course). -- Edward Fultz Sr. Software Engineer Pamet Systems Acton, Ma www.pametsystems.com Thats not really julian date. But if you want the day of year, use COleDateTime::GetDayOfYear(). If you are really looking for julian date which is the number of days since January 1, 4713 BC and today is 2453416.14309 here is a site with a formula to calucate it. http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/JulianDate.html AliR. "Ed Fultz&...

Line Series Color on Graph
Is there a way to make a line series on a line graph change colors based on the value of another line? I have a line graph that has 2 lines. 1 green line representing Total Expenses and 1 line representing Total Revenue. I would like the line representing Total Revenue to be red whenever it is below the line representing Total Expenses and then change to blue whenever it goes above the Total Expenses line. Is this possible? Check out Jon's page on conditional chart formatting: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remem...

how do I remove the separator line after deleting a footnote in w.
how do I remove the separator line at the bottom of a page after deleting a footnote in word 2007 Provided you deleted the footnote correctly (by deleting the reference mark in the document body), the separator should not still be there. The fact that it is suggests that there is some residue of the footnote remaining. At a minimum, display nonprinting characters so you can see what you're dealing with. You may need to search the document for ^f (footnote reference mark) to find where the elusive footnote is hiding. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words int...

Trouble with dates on a chart
I have 3 columns of data. Column A = dates, Column B = number corresponding to Column A, and Column C = other numbers correspondin to Column A. The dates in Column A have gaps. For example, they are September 1986 October 1987 November 1987 January 1990 When I attempt to create a bar chart with the dates as the X axis Excel fills in the missing dates in the X axis. This causes a proble because there are no data corresponding to the additional dates, so m chart is out of scale. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ri...

2 Y Axes: Lines and a Stacked Column
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003 SP3 and having trouble with the following... Sample data: X Axis Y Axis1 Y Axis1 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Date DataA DataB DataC DataD DataE 1/31/09 4.3 3.6 10% 40% 50% 2/28/09 2.9 1.9 30% 60% 10% 3/31/09 1.2 6.4 15% 10% 75% I need Y Axis1 to be two simple lines and Y Axis2 a stacked column that sums to 100%. Can't figure this out. Please advise... Thanks! Jeff First, clear the cell above the dates,...

create a month column from date column
I have a column in which the date is entered in mm/dd/yyyy format. what i would like to have is another column that takes that information and gives me the month in word format and the year in number format. so for example: if e2= 05/07/2009 i would like to have f2= May 2009 is that possible? if so, How do I do that? your help will be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance In F2, enter: =E2 and format F2 as Custom > mmmm yyyy -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "jcontrer" wrote: > I have a column in which the date is entered in mm/dd/yyyy fo...

Create A Batch Recovery Routine For Printing Payroll Checks
There is no easy recovery if the system crashes after you have printed payroll checks but before you have run the Post Checks Routine. A recovery should be created like other posting routines in GP do. See Case ID 8916432 for description of what happened to us. Support was able to duplicate it by simulating a crash after checks printed, but before they were posted. Payroll is too important to not have a gracefull way of recovering when the system crashes. Luckily my problem only involved a run for a single check. It would be a nightmare to fix if this had been on our regular payr...

Pub 2007: fill and line colours only show up as black and white
I've used Publisher for years and have never encountered this problem until today. I'm running Publisher 2007 on Windows XP (Service Pak 2) with a Canon PIXMA iP4000. The print set up is for colour (not greyscale). I can change the colour of text, and the jpeg images I've imported display in full colour but suddenly, my current document will not display any line colours or fill colours except black, white or NONE, regardless of what other colours I select. It's as if some hidden default setting has suddenly been turned on. For example, if i create a rectangle and g...

Control Code to set a Date
My Combo Box [cbOwnerName] has a Row Source [qPayableTotalForPayment] which has 9 Columns in combo box the last Column being [My Date]MyDate: Format([MaxOfBillDate],"d-mmm-yy") I want to code my Button to Change the date in [tbStartDate] to the date im [cbOwnerName] once selected I click Button to give that date in [tbStartDate] Thanks for any help.........Bob Hi Bob, If I am understanding correctly this should solve your problem. "OnClick" event Sub Command1_Click() Dim x as string x = me.cbOwnerName.Column(8) me.tbStartDate = x End Sub HTH, Nick "Bob V&q...

VBA for setting max value in scroll bars on charts?
I have 20 dynamic charts with scroll bars and I want to avoid manually adjusting the maximum value each month on the 20 scroll bars. Is there some VBA I could use to do this? Thank you! Don't know if it will work in this case, but a good place to start is with the macro recorder. Turn it on (Tools | Macro > Record new macro...), do whatever it is you want to do to one scrollbar by hand, turn off the recorder, and switch to the VBE. Did XL generate the necessary code? If you are using the controls from the Forms toolbar, it did. If from the Control Toolbox, it probably didn&...