create line chart with two axises in Pivot Chart

Hi,

I want to show two data series: Sum of Turnovers and Sum of Turnover Assets
in the pivot table simultaneously in the pivot chart. When I use a line
chart, the data points from two series are just connected into one line. Even
if I select Chart Type to be Line with Two Axises, it doesn't help.

I could, as a compromise, use column charts which does show the data points
separately, but they are all in the same color. I could also change
individual colmn's color, but that's too laborious...

Any help is appreciated.
0
HuaXC (2)

If you are seeing a single series, then the datapoints are adjacent in the
spreadsheet.  You need to have the Sum of Turnovers and the Sum of Turnover
Assets laid out differently in the pivot table.

Drag the Data button of the pivot table to the Column area of the pivot table.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"HuaXC" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to show two data series: Sum of Turnovers and Sum of Turnover Assets
> in the pivot table simultaneously in the pivot chart. When I use a line
> chart, the data points from two series are just connected into one line. Even
> if I select Chart Type to be Line with Two Axises, it doesn't help.
>
> I could, as a compromise, use column charts which does show the data points
> separately, but they are all in the same color. I could also change
> individual colmn's color, but that's too laborious...
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Line graphs; excel 2007
I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? Apply Fill Color Between Lines in a Chart http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ MK09 wrote: > I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two > lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? ...

two checking accounts data downloads to just one of the accts
I have two checking accounts with our bank and when I download transactions into Microsoft Money for either account, all the transactions go to only one of the accounts set up in Money. I was prompted for the first download to our "main" account. Then when I went to download for the other account, I wasn't prompted where to download to... and all the transactions went into the first account. Did that make sense? My bank required we switch to Money from Quicken, so I am new to this. Tried to search in users guide and online for help. Help would be much appreciated - ...

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

Numbers Chart
I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt Top left corner of chart: =ROW(A1)+10*(COLUMN(A1)-1) Copy to a 10x10 area. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "C and A Bredt" wrote: > I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. > I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. > thanks, CB > -- > C and A Bredt > Highlight the cells, format > Cells > Alignment and make it 90 degrees. "Luke...

Text Boxes added to Chart Series
How do I keep text boxes that I've added to a data series with the column they belong on? If I change the size of the chart in anyway, I have to move the text boxes back to their respective spots on the chart. Text boxes are not added to a series, but to the chart. This prevents their sticking to any particular points. Could you add them as data labels? If you use a built-in position (i.e., don't drag them around) they will stick with their associated points - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://P...

Pivot table and it's macro
I am creating a table and from the table a pivot table using a macro. When I run the macro the table gets created without a problem but when it goes to create the pivot table I get an error and the debugger highlights this section: ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "Table8", Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12).CreatePivotTable TableDestination _ :="Perf Tables!R2C8", TableName:="PivotTable1", DefaultVersion:= _ xlPivotTableVersion12 Can anyone see where the problem is happening? My ...

Pivot Table % of
I have a pivot table like the followng: Joe Trans Ct A 5 B 3 C 2 Total Joe 10 Kelly A 6 B 1 C 4 Total Kelly 11 I added another Count of Trans shown as a "% of column", but it gives me the percent of the entire column when what I really want is the % of Total Joe, % of Total Kelly, etc. In this instance I simply made the names go across instead of down which solved the problem, but there are instances where I don't want to do that. Any suggestions for getting the percent per item rather than pe...

create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function
Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table result in a formula and copy that formula as a relative reference. In Excel 2003 a GETPIVOTDATA fromula is created and uses an absolute reference. Is there a way in Excel 2003 to either make it arelative reference (without editing the formula) or revert to the method used in all prior releases? There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html ebergkes wrote: > Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table resu...

Pivot table row header
Hi, In a pivot table, I have 2 fields in the row section. How can I have the value on the first fields to repeat in every row instead of just showing once? Thanks!! Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html Fill Blank Cells Fill Blank Cells Programmatically* [*Sub FillColBlanks() 'by Dave Peterson 2004-01-06] -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08549CBC-68A7-442E-BABF-D48B11E29479@microsoft.co...

how to create escalation form
How do I create escalation form. Abe wrote: > How do I create escalation form. Since you're the only one here who knows what you're escalating, to whom, in what way and for what reason, you are the only one who can tell what the form should look like. In general, you should create a Word template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm If the form needs to have text that doesn't change, and places to enter text that does change, then you should create it as a form template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.h...

Pivot Table Updates Issue
My Data had a coloum containing stuff like Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department I built a bunch of pivot tables on this data. Then I changed the data to read: Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept and performed a Refresh Data. Now, on the filter pulldowns on any of the Pivot tables, I see Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept The first three option no longer exist in any of the data, and I do not want them in the list. How to fix this problem without recreating and reformatting 38 seperate Pivot table...

Excel pivot tbl
Brand new laptop w/Windows XP. Has Office 97 installed (first), than complete install of Office XP(second). Than install of PTSfull.exe (pivot table services that come w/ sql server analysis services service pack 2). Go to data manu - PivotTable and Pivot Chart report - External data source/Pivot table - Get Data - OLAP cubes - new data source - select an olap provider for the database you want to access - blank dropdown (no Microsoft OLEDB Provider for OLAP Services or Microsoft OLEDB Provider for OLAP Services 8.0). Tried removing Office 97 & Office XP than installing PTS - sa...

Starting a service from the command line?
Is there a command line syntax to stop/start or restart the "Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks" service? We are finding the connector for 2003 to 5.5 is slow and restarting the service helps. I would like a comand line so I can make a batch file to schedule every 2 hours to stop/start or restart the service. Thanks. "G-Man" <g_foreman@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:110pct4sk7a0m10@news.supernews.com... > Is there a command line syntax to stop/start or restart the "Microsoft > Exchange MTA Stacks" service? > > We are finding the connector ...

Creating Forms
I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? On 26 Mar 2007 10:16:47 -0700, stromo wrote: > I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to > use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message...

Pass a command text in pivot table
I've got a pivot table with data give back by odbc (in excel 2003). When i pass a new sql command, it answer me the database, also if i pass the connection string. My code is this: With ActiveSheet.PivotTables(sNamePivot).PivotCache .CommandText = sSelect .Connection = "ODBC;DSN=DS;DB=" & NomeDB & ";SRVR=;UID=SYSADM;PWD=" .Refresh End With sNamePivot --> string variable contain the correct name of the pivot table. NomeDB --> string variable contain the database. sSelect --> variable contain the sql command. Why does it called me ...

How do I freeze a chart from scrolling
I want to freeze a chart so as I scroll through data it will not go up or down, I dont want it to be frozen in a horizontal position. Is there a way this can be done? Hi, You would need to freeze a number of rows at the top of the sheet and place the chart there. Or use New Window to create a copy of the worksheet. One would display the chart then other would be used to scroll through the data. Cheers Andy dannie wrote: > I want to freeze a chart so as I scroll through data it will not go up or > down, I dont want it to be frozen in a horizontal position. Is there a way >...

Pivot Table: showing data as % of subtotal
Hi, I have pivot table data in this format: Name Type Amount ABC 1 $100 2 $200 3 $300 4 $400 ABC Total $1,000 DEF 1 $150 2 $260 3 $310 4 $420 DEF Total $1,140 and so on .... .... .... I want to see the data as follows: Name Type Amount % ABC...

Side bar chart chinging size
I'm trying to update a side bar chart but every time I open the chart the size of the chart changes in length. Can anyone help me to correct this problem. I have made sure that I sized the chart to 100%, clicked off the auto scale, but nothing has helped. ...

Connecting Cell with Lines
I have seen MSExcel printouts that have dotted or solid lines of different colors connecting different cells in a sheet. Is that something that can be done in MSExcel or would they have been added outside of MSExcel? If it can be done in MSExcel, how? In article <QbYYg.13615$GR.1871@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, "jerry" <jerryc314@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >I have seen MSExcel printouts that have dotted or solid lines of different >colors connecting different cells in a sheet. Is that something that can be >done in MSExcel or would they have been added outside of...

Move to next line
When I use Windows Office Excel, I use Alt + Enter to move to next line in a cell. What is corresponding key strokes in Mac 2008? Thanks, Scott Try Option+Command (Apple key)+Return. Jeff On 2009.12.19 8:50 PM, in article Ovh8hFKgKHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote: > When I use Windows Office Excel, I use Alt + Enter to move to next line in a > cell. What is corresponding key strokes in Mac 2008? "Jeff Chapman" <japchap@hotmail.com> 在郵件 news:C752EE9F.AD6A%japchap@hotmail.com 中撰寫... >...

Hiding or Displaying Series In a Chart
Greetings, I have a XY Line chart that contains 9 Series, ploted at the same time. Due to visual clutter in this chart, I would like to have the option to enable or disable these lines by using a check box for each of the series. Is this possible? and how can this be done programatically?. Thank you in advance for your prompt response. Jon Peltier has instructions for using a check box to hide/show a series: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html SPYREN wrote: > I have a XY Line chart that contains 9 Series, ploted at the same time. Due > to visual clutter ...

How to Create a Grid using CEditView
Hello There, I have an MDI Application. one of the view need to be Editable that should display the contents in a grid format. The Grid should be editable and should also be a scrollable. how to do it. Plz Reply Me Fast Hi Sreeram, I had sent you a msg at codeguru.com informing you that i've made a sample for you. I think that you havent read that msg. yet. I'll send it to you now. Regards, V.Girish ...

Scaling A Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a chart that is driven off a simple table that is filled in by the user. That table has up to 13 data points, but in most cases the table will only have 5 to 8 data points. If they have 8 the remaining data will be zero. I would like to chart to scale automatically to only have 8 points not all 13, so if I put a &quot;If&quot; formula in the series that plot the chart I can automatically control the amount of data point plotted. The series look like this: =SERIES('TREND ANALYSIS'!$B$24,'TRE...

how to create referential integrity between two tables in diff dat
How can we create referential integrity relationship between tables in different databases. I have databasea db1 and db2. In db1->TableA,db2-->TableB TableA-->EmpID,EmpName TableB-->EmpID,DeptNo. How to create integrity relationship between Empid of two tables in diff databases. Hi Ajay You cannot create DRI between databases, I mean create PK/FK... However , you can simple join the tables between databases like SELECT <columns> FROM db1.tb1 T1 JOIN db2.tb1 T2 ON T1.col=T2.col WHERE.... "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> w...