Create interactive pivot table chart based on item selected

I'm trying to remember how to drag a chart object to the top left cell of a
pivot table thus displaying a charted image of the detail item selected. Any
suggestions?
0
Harley (19)

I don't want any message selected...
I just started using Outlook 2003. One thing I can't figure out how to do is to set it up so it doesn't automatically open an email when going to my Inbox (or any other folder). With OExpress6, I can open my Inbox without the program selecting an email automatically. The preview pane at the bottom would remain blank until I select a message/email. I can't seem to make Outlook 2003 behave this way. It always selects an email. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Marvin Turn off the preview pane. Outlook is a different program with different audiences so items that wo...

Charting changes in altitude
I am involved as an administrator of an adventure race. The event is 388km (242 miles)in length and I wish to produce a chart showing the changes in altitude that take place over the course. Any ideas on how to achieve this? regards Mike Coleman Cairns Australia Put the distance in one column, the corresponding altitude in the adjacent column, and create a XY Scatter chart with the resulting data. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Business solutions leveraging technology Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) 2000-2004 In article <1d4eb01c42368$cbb4c810$a501280a@phx...

Multiple Chart Report
I wish to have a multiple chart report displaying 1 chart per Employee displaying the Categories he has worked his hours in. I have a query that when Run gives me the Data I expect from which I build a Report with the Chart in the Detail Section. I have an EmployeeID group which has the EmployeeID number in. What I get is a Chart I want with all his hours displayed as required, but then followed by the same chart a number of times depending on how many Categories he has worked on e.g if he has 6 Categories, I get 6 charts the same, if he has done 2 Categories, I get 2 charts ans so on for al...

XML Source Menu Item disabled?? File version??
My XML Source Menu Item is disabled (aka greyed-out). Why? I have a workbook with multi-worksheets and I want to enable a conversion to XML, I'm trying to follow the documentation here, but it's poorly organized and more poorly written (IMHO).. I can't find anything which tells me why the menu item would be disabled. The version is Office 2003 Pro and (clearly) the capability is there, I can see the "XML Source" item. I did a quick test and if I make a brand new file, I have the XML Source option so that means means this is a file version issue?. I know this wo...

Help filling in form from 2 different tables
I have two tables, CustomerData and EmployeeData. CustomerData has all the address, phn, name, empid# of last employee to help em and custid (primary key) and employeedata has name addr phn and empid (primarykey) I have a combo box that pulls up custdata (by Custid sorting by Lastname & ", " & Firstname) I wanna do an Afterupdate event to fill out the following textboxes (based on the Custid it fills out the Lastname, Firstname, Address, Phnnumber) and then based on the Empid of the last Employee that helped em it will fill out the textboxes witht he first and last na...

Problems calculating a converted html table to Excel XP (2002)
I have a generated report off the web that must be converted into Excel. When the report comes up initially it is in a .asp format. I save the report off the web in HTML format. Then open excel, then go to file -> open and browse for the file that I just saved. The report opens fine with all data showing up as is. However when I try to go and calculate a column of numbers, the answer that I get is 0. So if I go and add up say this list of numbers which is : 5, 7, and 8. The sum should be 20. Instead I get 0 everytime. I have tried to format the cells to be numbers instead of gen...

Dictionary<key,item> trimming internally
I was playing around with using Dictionary<> to implement a sparse array using something like class Key { byte x, y, z; } where the "space" is 16,777,216 entries but there are only ever going to be maximum of 10,000 entries but it seems to me the internal hash array only grows - it never shrinks looking at the code with reflector shows a private Resize() method that only grows the number of buckets ideally I would like something that would automatically recycle buckets and so not generate any garbage any ideas? John Rivers wrote: > [...] &...

Pivot Tables and Charts
Is there a way to make a table and then when i change the chart have it to where it does not turn around and change the table Create another pivot table, based on the first one. Then, create the pivot chart from the second pivot table. You can hide the sheet that contains the second pivot table. When you change the pivot chart, only the hidden pivot table will be affected. amanda wrote: > Is there a way to make a table and then when i change the chart have it to > where it does not turn around and change the table -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tipte...

Combo box to show selective Records!
I have a table [tblAccountStatus] that has around 6 fields for receiving payments 2 of the fields are [ClientID] (Number) and [ModeOfPayment] (Text) I have created a query using these to fields , made a combo box using this query ,put it on my form and made Control Source [ModeOfPayment] Now what I would like to do is when I enter the ClientID on to my form the query will only show [ModeOfPayment] that has been entered with that [ClientID] Hence when I select Mr Tom Cruise , I will get a selection my from my Combo Box as the names of the checks I have entered under his ClientID Hope this mak...

How to create a spreadsheet?
I am having troubles creating an excel spreadsheet. Basically what i want is a one page document of a dozen or so boxes that are the size of business cards. What are the steps to creating a spreadsheet to the sizes you want? thanks. Dorian Open a new workbook. Select columns A and B and Format>Column>Width. Enter 42 in the dialog box. Select rows 1 through 6 and Format>Row>Height. Enter 115 in the dialog box. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 4 Feb 2007 13:43:30 -0800, "dorian2786" <dorian86@gmail.com> wrote: >I am having troubles creating an excel sprea...

Data base web design
Can I use Access 2007 as database for my web site as I use MySQL "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78AB2033-4F7E-46C1-8458-C96E3B0E5AAE@microsoft.com... > Can I use Access 2007 as database for my web site as I use MySQL I think you're confusing the term database, and MS access. MS access is a tool that lets you build an application, and that application can connect to a database engine such as JET, or MySql. so it's not the MS access side that has anything to do with a web based system, it is the database engine you choose to use...

Why I need to display item
Hi I am trying to use redemption. A few issues crop up: 1. Why do I need to display the form? It creates an error if I don't. 2. After send, it goes to drafts folder, how do I get it out immediately? Here's my code: If Not rs.EOF Then rs.MoveFirst Do Until rs.EOF Set myFolder = nspNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderDrafts) Set emailitem = myFolder.Items Set FWDItem = emailitem.Item(1).Forward Set mySafeItem = CreateObject("Redemption.SafeMailItem") FWDItem....

Color rows based on date in a cell?
Programming question? Hopefully so. Excel novice here I would like to color a row yellow at a certain date, then red at another. This is for a project and the yellow and red correspond to due dates. Say at 12/11/2009 the row is yellow. At 12/19/2009 it is red. I would also like to color a row (some color) when a 100% is reached in the "completed %) cell. Help is appreciated! Ignore, as this is now in General Excel forum,, "tbo" wrote: > Programming question? Hopefully so. > Excel novice here > > I would like to color a row yellow at a certai...

Pivot Table
Hi, consider an examle of data and a pivot table like in the page of famous jon: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm, namely the most left table in the third row. I want to report all product that have sales above 8000. Other product i do not want to see in the table. I know how to report 3 best products but it is not i need. Thank you riso ...

table not getting updated
I have a form with info derived from a query. It opens from another form with default data in some of the fields. While trying to save information programmably, i can not get this to happen. The only time that I can get the info to update in a table is when I actually change one of the default values. Can anyone help we determine a method to use to force the action of data moving to the table? thanks kkruz wrote: > I have a form with info derived from a query. It opens from another > form with default data in some of the fields. > While trying to save information programmabl...

How can I allow users to sort a protected table using dropdowns?
I'm trying to create a table where users can't edit the content of the cells but can edit the ordering of the table- what's the best way to achieve this? Stuart, I've written this code some time back for one of my users and it works perfectly for them. Maybe you would like to adapt to suit your needs.. Sub Sort_pr_range() ActiveSheet.Unprotect 'Unprotect the sheet Range("A1:F100").Sort Key1:=Range("B1"), _ 'where "B1" will be the sort pri Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase...

Displaying multi-select parameter on report?
Hi, I have a report where I use a multi-select parameter to filter the report by the user's initials who entered the record. I typically like to print the paramters selected for a report in the header of the report. However, when I put this parameter.value on the report I only get the first option selected. How can I list all the selected entries? SQL Server 2005. Thanks in advance, Linn Linn, To take care of this you can use the Join Function to deplay a delimited list. Here is an example: =Join(Parameters!ReportParameter1.Value,",") The sec...

Update a Customer Record Based on Vendor Input
WHat is the best to accomplish where I can update a Specific Customer account based on an invoice posted to a Vendor account. For example, an invoice of $100 is posted to a Vendor account - ABC enterprises. Based on this invoice I would like to programmaticaly post a $50 receivable invoice to a customer of same name (ABC enterprises) Thanks Customer Vendor Relationships module? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "nfp" wrot...

End of table
I have several workbooks that were created by someone else. They all have one characteristic that I would like to change. When I create a worksheet, the Ctrl-End key combination jumps to the bottom of the table -- the lower right cell. If my table has 200 rows and 10 columns, Ctrl-End will jump to J200. In these worksheets, Ctlr-End jumps several hundred, and in some cases several thousand, rows beyond the last data cell. I have tried deleting the rows below the last data cell and deleting the cell contents, which appear empty. How can I find out why it is doing this and correct it? Curio...

In Excel, how do I get rid of duplicate records? Based on text r.
I work with long lists of people's names and addresses for marketing. I would like to find a shortcut to get rid of duplicate names and addresses instead of manually looking at each record. I looked at Functions and found Exact but that just identifies duplicate records and I find the functions to be complicated if not shown how to create the proper syntax. Thanks. You might like to have a look at Chip Pearson's web page on working with duplicates - http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Hope this helps cheers JulieD "White T-Bird Kitten" <White T-Bird Kitte...

(2nd attempt)How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView
Hello, I have an app where I need to display a variable number of CListBoxes (in a single row) in a CFormView. I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it were a fixed number of listboxes.. Could anyone give me an idea of how to dynamically allocate and attach controls and then any cleanup? I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView, as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I think. Any help would be greatly appreciate...

Date and Time Table Modified
I have 4 forms used by managers to enter data. When they enter data, the data is saved in tables. I would like to include a date and time stamp so that I know when they entered each piece of new data. Do I need to have a field in my table to collect the date and time? How do I collect that in my form? Thanks!! Yes, you need to add a field to your table. In the form's BeforeUpdate event, put code to update that field. Assuming that you named the field LastUpdated and that you included the field in the form's RecordSource, the code would look something like: Private Sub Form_Bef...

Strange error message when loading a collection with an item of user defined type
Hi, I want to store an unknown number of records, read from a txt data, into a Collection. Each record is made of 26 strings, so I defined a user-defined type Record: Const NLines As Long = 26 Type Record Lines(NLines) As String End Type Dim MyRecord As Record I also defined a Collection object to store all the record: Dim List As Collection Set List = New Collection However, when I read a record and then try to load it into List: Data.Add Item:=MyRecord I get this incomprehensible (for me) error message: "Only public user defined types defined in publ...

I need to create a two part formula
The formula below will return a GPA for our salespeople =IF(H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0)))), but I need to add one more criteria and that if another cell (C4) = 0 then the results of this formula need to be 0 as well. I hope this makes sense, can someone please help me. Thanks! Something like: =IF(C4=0,0,H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0))))) Regards, Fred "DMW" <DMW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F81AAD9-C057-4504-8B01-8C1786BF0DD4@microsoft.com... > The formula below wi...

Create a reusable series of scheduled tasks
When an employee leaves our company, there are a number of things that need to happen, some of which occur on a timeline. For example, they give notice. On the morning of their last day, I disable their alarm code..during the day I setup changes to voicemail and email processing...at end of day I flip the switch on the voicemail and email changes and disable/change usernames/passwords for various systems...at one month I delete their mailbox...etc, etc, you get the idea. I'd like a way to create a workflow or a series of reminders, tasks, whatever...so when, for example, an emplo...