create bar graph with two series and secondary y axis

I want to create a bar graph with two series including standard Y error
bars as well as having a secondary Y axis. The bar graph looks fine
untill I try and put on a secondary Y axis- then it overlays the bars
on top of each other ( one bar becomes masked by the other). It wont
keep them side by side.
Appreciate any suggestions
cheers

--
macmullet
macmullet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35032

By default Excel positions both bars on the center.  You can keep them
overlapped but still both see them if you change the gap between the columns
(for one axis) (right-click the series, Format Data Series.../Options tab/Gap
width).
In case you want them displayed side-by-side you can add a dummy series
which you format as invisible for each axis. The series show now as
out-of-center.  Select the order AB for axis 1, and BA for axis 2, B the
invisible dummy series.  Hope this what you'r looking for.
GL,
Henk

"macmullet" wrote:

> I want to create a bar graph with two series including standard Y error
> bars as well as having a secondary Y axis. The bar graph looks fine
> untill I try and put on a secondary Y axis- then it overlays the bars
> on top of each other ( one bar becomes masked by the other). It wont
> keep them side by side.
> Appreciate any suggestions
> cheers
>

> --
> macmullet
> macmullet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35032
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=547755

0
HEK (135)
6/2/2006 6:56:01 PM
Here's an illustrated example:

  http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"HEK" <HEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> By default Excel positions both bars on the center.  You can keep them
> overlapped but still both see them if you change the gap between the
> columns
> (for one axis) (right-click the series, Format Data Series.../Options
> tab/Gap
> width).
> In case you want them displayed side-by-side you can add a dummy series
> which you format as invisible for each axis. The series show now as
> out-of-center.  Select the order AB for axis 1, and BA for axis 2, B the
> invisible dummy series.  Hope this what you'r looking for.
> GL,
> Henk
>

> "macmullet" wrote:
>

>> I want to create a bar graph with two series including standard Y error
>> bars as well as having a secondary Y axis. The bar graph looks fine
>> untill I try and put on a secondary Y axis- then it overlays the bars
>> on top of each other ( one bar becomes masked by the other). It wont
>> keep them side by side.
>> Appreciate any suggestions
>> cheers
>>

>> --
>> macmullet
>> macmullet's Profile:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35032
>> View this thread:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=547755

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

CreatePointFont creates font of different size in VS 2005 vs. VS 2
Hi, I 'm converting projects from VS 2003 to VS 2005. One suprising thing is a different visible font size on the screen (at some places in my apps) It seem that : font.CreatePointFont(80, "Arial"); now creates a slightly larger font (on a 96 dpi Monitor) then before (lfHeight=-11 vs. -10). Is this indented? BR, Uwe ...

Creating replicas manually DPM 2007
Can someone please help me with instructions on how to create a replica manually? So far the Technet article has been incorrect as I cannot access the the share once mounted through explorer. And there is no clear information on where to copy the data using command prompt. Here is the procedure for creating replica manually http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb809133.aspx You cannot access replica through explorer. You have to access the volume using command shell. -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://bl...

Creating a US map in Excel
Doesn't Excel have a map function where I can select data that includes states and create a US map? ...

Gucci Women's 103 Series watch #YA103525
Gucci Women's 103 Series watch #YA103525 - Replica Watch Fake Gucci Women's 103 Series watch #YA103525 Link : http://www.watchesprice.net/Replica-Gucci-8723.html Replica Watches Home : http://www.watchesprice.net/ Replica Gucci Brands : http://www.watchesprice.net/Gucci-Replica.html Replica Gucci Women's 103 Series watch #YA103525 --- one of best selling replica watches, it is crafted in high quality, please click image 'buy now' to buy this chic but inexpensive replica to save you a lot of money . Gucci Women's 103 Series watch YA103525 Description: Swiss quartz m...

I am attempting to find the difference between two dates...
I am attempting to find the difference between two dates (in terms of days, months, and years) but I always get an additional month added on. Why? And how can I fix? For instance, if I want to find the difference between 1/1/2010 and 2/1/2010; it returns 2/0/0 Have a look at Chip Pearson's explanation of DATEDIF =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y")&" years "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"ym")&" months "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"md") &" days" http://www.cpearson.com/EXCEL/datedif.aspx be careful ewith this because it can throw up...

How to create Alt Tag for an image inserted in Outlook
I am using Outlook 2003, Professional Edition, and Windows XP. I have dragged an image into the HTML message from Photoshop and tested it by emailing the message to one of my other accounts. Everything works fine. Now I want to create an Alt Tag for the image, so users who don't receive HTML images still see something. Can anyone help me do this? Thanks! ...

Can I use side by side colums and stacked columns in same graph?
I have a completed graph that shows side by side columns and a line, but I would like to add a stacked column to the graph without losing the other side by side columns. Debbie - You need a stacked-clustered column chart. This page has links that show how to accomplish such a chart. Most likely you'll have to rearrange the data and make a new chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Debbie wrote: > I have a complet...

combine two tables in a query
i have 2 queries that share the fields "who" "when" and "amount". One reports the value of daily labour (time out - time in * hourly wage) for the employee (who). While the other shows the amount paid on a particular date. When I create a query that includes these 2 queries and links the "who" field between them I get a result that shows 5664 records where are only 260 when you add the record count from the 2 queries that I'm using here. I'd like to have a query that would report the amount owed out at any given time. Just as an additio...

Creating Resorce Mailboxes
I have followed this link http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF019.htm for a tutorial on creating resources in exchange 2003 It seems to me that this is very timeconsuming - considering many organisations have hundreds of resources to manage. Is it really necessary to go to another PC, log in as the resource-mailbox, configure Outlook - just to check a couple of checkboxes.... for every single resource... you must be kidding right? Why can't this be done from the Administration Interface Thanks for all replies Steen Molberg You could use the AutoAccept Agent: http://blogs.msdn.com/ex...

How do I bring a certain data series to the front
I currently have a line graph set up with 4 data series--current info, 1 month ago, prior FYE, and 1 year ago. In the legend, the data series are reverse chronological from left to right. I want the current info data series on the line graph to show up on top instead of being buried by the other series (some of the values are the same). Is there a way to bring this series to the front without changing the series order under formatting? Hi, The way to bring series to the front is to use the series order, but as you realize this will change the legend order. One way around this is to ...

Excel VBA
I am using Excel 2002, and I am trying to create a macro to compare tw columns of data and highlight or shade the cells or colorize any entr that is not in both columns. I also read something about being able to put a button on the exce chart that runs the macro. Could someone help me with that too? : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Chip Pearson has lots of ways to compare two lists. Some are macros and some are worksheet formulas. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm (I'm not sure I'd start with code. Learning the formula technique may be much more usefu...

solutions manual for Elementary Statistics Using The Graphing Calculator 9 Ed by MILTON LOYER
Do you suffer from a tough class? Are you looking for instructor solutions manual to do your homework? Just send me email with its name and edition and I may be able to help you in low price! It is my list, however if you don't find it here don't give up because it is only a list of some. Please , DO NOT REPLY HERE , instead send me email to : cartermath(at)gmail(dot)com instructor's,solutions,manual,for,A,Course,in,Modern,Mathematical,Physics,b= y,Peter,Szekeres instructor's,solutions,manual,for,A,First,Course,in,Abstract,Algebra, (7th,Ed.,,John,B.,Fraleigh), instructor...

Exchange 2003 promblem with two domains
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For some reason its stopped workong on one of them. exchange is on domain 1, with all mail accounts and works perfectly still, for all users on domain 1 domain 2 used to work fine with it, but now it will only recive email from exchange via the outlook client. not send it, with the msg you do not have permission to send email on behalf of this sender. when you try and send anything. Trust is still in place and working fine.. tested from both domains Any ideas ? as currently domain 2 is having to use webmai...

Line Graph, Time vs Unit, with Data Points
I making a bar graph for a restaurant that has the hours of the day on the Y-axis and delivery workers A through S on the X-axis. The bar for each delivry worker begins with the first data point, the first delivery of the day, through the last delivery of the day for that worker. There is a dot at every data point showing when a delivery worker made the delivery. The problem I am having is that the Rows in my spreadsheet (which correspond to one worker) work with the data points up until 10 data points (10th delivery of the day) but then will not graph any more points after the tenth ...

how to convert lotus 1 2 3 data and graphs to excel 2000.
I've tried 'save as' option and 'open, file' option. The data is converted but the 30 odd graphs are not. Regards Martin What are you trying to convert from? Nivek "Welsh non wizard" wrote: > I've tried 'save as' option and 'open, file' option. > The data is converted but the 30 odd graphs are not. > > Regards > Martin ...

Returning ID's with broken series
Table 'TEST' has information on 4 staff members. For Staff_ids 1 and 4 there is no missing (brake) year while for staff_id 2 and 3 there is brake in years. Can someone help me with a query to return only the staff_ids for which one or more years are missing in between. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TEST]( [Staff_id] [int] NOT NULL, [Year] [int] NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] GO insert into TEST select 1,2005 insert into TEST select 1,2006 insert into TEST select 1,2007 insert into TEST select 1,2008 insert into TEST select 2,2005 insert into TEST select 2,2007 insert in...

Creating a membership database
I am trying to create a membership database for a church. I need to have all members entered into the database, then for the members I need to have their spouse name and anniversary, and the names of their children. I am trying to get a subform for each of these into the main form, but when I try to use it it just shows the spouse in the first spot as the spouse for every record. I need to lock or bind this information to each "Master" form. So that joe smith at 123 anyplace somewhere usa will show his spouse and children while joe smith at 456 somewhere anyplace usa w...

sum of values between two given dates
good morning here is my problem In column A I have some dates, and in column B corresponding quantities (km ran by a marathon man) what I need is to compue the sum of km in a given month. In other words, the SUM(BXX:BYY) function should have, within it a pointer. for example, say for september 2008, it should find the first date of september 2008 (say cell A15), and give to teh sum function the value 15 instead of the XX above. Then look for the latest available date in september, say A21, and give the sum function the value 21 instead of YY. I know/suspect that it has to be done through addre...

Axis Data Location
I want the data in column 1 to be the Y axis scale and the data in columns 2 & 3 to show as a trend line in the chart. I have played with this 10 ways to Sunday and can't find how to do this. How do I identify the Row 1 to contain column headings. When I import it asks me but I typed these in and it shouldn't be this well hidden. Thanks in advance. Try deleting the title in the first column best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Michael E W" <MichaelEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF137D6F-DB...

Change area to bar and bar to area
Is there a way to switch the bar to area and area to bar. I have a custom type using column-area ... my display shows 2009 as area and 2008 as column. I want to switch look so the 2009 has the column ... is there a way to switch. Thanks much! Hi, You can select a series and changes it's chart type. Try selecting the area and changing to bar. Then select the original bar and change to area. Alternatively change the layout of your data so the 2008 data comes before the 2009. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Annette" <sh...

creating excel docs on web server
i need to create complex excel docs for download by users. on MS site however it is recommended against excel/office on server environments. http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q257/7/57.asp fine, but then what is the way out? TIA ...

How do I create a button on the toolbar that will start my form?
I want to add a buttton to the toolbar that starts my calculation program ...

Bar and Line chart #2
I am using Excell 2003 I need to create a BAR graph with 3 years of Sales $$ (1 being the current year) and add to that a LINE that shows the BUDGETED $$ for the current year. From the Chart Wizard I chose the "line - column" chart because both the bars and the line are all using the same $$ numbers. Sales $$ for 2006 and 2007 came up as Bars but Sales for 2008 came up as a line along with the budget $$ being a line also. I now have a graph of 2 bars and 2 lines. I wanted 3 bars and 1 line. How do I get all 3 years of Sales to be bars and only the Budgeted Sales to be th...

Reports Created in MS Excel
Hello All, We're just looking into options for creating report output for our application. We've used Crystal before and found limitations, so have taken to writing reports direclty into MS Excel, (add in DLL, and create sheet and data via direct code) and it appears to be working just fine so far. I was just curious if anyone else has taken this approach and if it's worked well for them. Thanks & all the best, LR On Nov 25, 2:54=A0am, "LR" <tinma...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello All, > =A0 We're just looking into options fo...

Move x axis to the top of a 3D horizontal bar chart
How do I change the position of the x axis to the top of a horizontal 3D bar chart, in 2003? I believe you should go to "format axis" on y-axis > scale tab > change "category (x) axis crosses at:" to desired value. hope this helps. you may have to adjust your bars or afterwards "Move x axis to top of horz. 3D Bar Chart" wrote: > How do I change the position of the x axis to the top of a horizontal 3D bar > chart, in 2003? ...