Create and customize axis on all sides of charts

It would be very helpful, especially for large charts, to be able to
define/create an axis for all sides of the chart.  Currently you can only
have a secondary axis if you have multiple data sets in the chart, but it
would be great if you were able to have the chart print the secondary axis
even with a single data set.  If this was possible, it would make sense to
have each axis be independent of the others, allowing for custom scale,
units, formatting, etc.

We have several professors asking for this feature, and currently they have
to kludge the chart to get it.  For the sake of my own sanity, *please*
implement this in Excel 2007 :)

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b1d203a6-40d2-4281-beb0-1c8e723ce712&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting
0
Nicholas (5)

You can very easily add the secondary series that has two points: the
maximum X and Y and the minimum X and Y, then hide the points. If the axes
are scaled automatically, then the opposite pairs will match up.

If you have to hack at the chart to get additional custom axes, you will
continue to have to do so. The only apparent improvements to charts in Excel
2007 are in the ability to use more colors and fill effects than ever
before.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Nicholas" <Nicholas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It would be very helpful, especially for large charts, to be able to
> define/create an axis for all sides of the chart.  Currently you can only
> have a secondary axis if you have multiple data sets in the chart, but it
> would be great if you were able to have the chart print the secondary axis
> even with a single data set.  If this was possible, it would make sense to
> have each axis be independent of the others, allowing for custom scale,
> units, formatting, etc.
>
> We have several professors asking for this feature, and currently they
> have
> to kludge the chart to get it.  For the sake of my own sanity, *please*
> implement this in Excel 2007 :)

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Exporting Custom Security Roles CRM 4.0
Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes sense that customized ones could be exported. I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they listed in the export customizations list? -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog ---------------------------------------------------------- "Kraig" <kraigr3@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googlegroup...

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

Percentage Column Charts
HI!! I think I am thinking too much about this and it is easier than it seems, but I cant figure it out! hopefully someone can help. So I need to create a chart with 2 column...plan vs. actual. But I need each of these bar columns to be separted by percentages of the categories that make them up. EX: I need to make a comparison on how big of a percentage the Labor part of the Budget was when they planned and how it differs from the actual execution. Thanks for your help! Stacked Column Graph Set up as labor code ACT PLAN a 1 1 b 3 2 c 5 3 d ...

"Print Quote For Customer"
Using the Outlook client this option is under the file menu when you have a quote open. What template does this use and where do I download it from? ...

How to create 20% off coupon?
Any ideas? HI JHO, the idea is that if you have do not want to keep complete information of customer then create the customer default for coupon as "COUPON customer" and give 20% discount in customer option. Second if you don't wanted to apply this then other option is apply the specific pricing to specific customer i.e. price a,b,c,d and setup the sales prices. Let me know if this help you. "jho" wrote: > Any ideas? ...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

XY chart labeller Issue: (Magic quadrant) But with a twist.
Hiya Folks I have the same problem as has already been discussed on the forum (see below@ end of my email), but in my case there is an additional twist. The orginal issue was solved by using Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to add labels. The free download is at his web site: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm But in my case I have lots of XY points (155 to be precise). The problem is that 155 visible labels make the chart look very messy. Is there anyway to make the XY labels invisible until you hover over them with a mouse/pointer? Any help would be greatl...

"X-axis crosses at..."
You can make the x-axis cross at the maximum Y-value, but is it possible (without macro) to make it cross at the minimum value? I should find that much more useful. NSV -- nsv ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nsv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26500 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=526722 When this is an issue for me, I just use some value <= the minimum Y axis value that the data will ever see. So, if my Y data will always be positive, I set the X axis crosses...

Customizing Contact Data
Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? -- Thank you very much. Tall Paul. "TallPaul" <TallPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C1DDD4F-BDCB-42F8-8F99-A2D674482E8E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize contact card/data to collect data from others > that I want to use rather than the generic that Microsoft has used? What type of information do you want to collect? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] TallPaul wrote: > Is...

Customize view
Hi. I work with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003. I have two questions on customizing view of Public Folder. I like to create a view on a specific public folder and I want that, when users access to public folder can see the same view. ok?! 1) I create a view (type Public of the current folder that i choose) choose field, sort, etc.. I like to change the colomn heading of same field. If I change this, when I apply the view, I have to change colomn heading for every users! There is a way to do this once? 2) Can I disable the options "Show in groups" (or similar, I'm Itali...

Customizing Outlook 2003 toolbar
I want to customize my Outlook 2003 toolbar. I know how to add buttons, but how do I customize the button groupings by adding the vertical slash /separator? I can't find the separator in any of the categories/commands in the customize dialog box. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jim "Jim" <kraskamess@dakotacomm.net> wrote: >I want to customize my Outlook 2003 toolbar. I know how to add buttons, but >how do I customize the button groupings by adding the vertical slash >/separator? I can't find the separator in any of the categories/commands in >the ...

Compare 2 Worksheets Create a 3rd depending on results
I have a unique problem that none of the other posts or shareware seems to solve. I have 2 worksheets (orig.xls and new.xls) that are 15 columns wide (to the "O"). The data is just numbers but the second column either has the words: "new" or "cancel" which is important as you will see. I need to compare the two worksheets and create a third worksheet (update.xls) depending on the three possible results: 1) If a row is removed in the new.xls file = copy the row from the orig.xls file and make the 2nd column "Cancel" 2) If a row is added to the new.xls...

chart question #4
Can anyone please give me some guideline on how to draw a chart with y-axis is the count of the item in x-axis? I am using Excel 97. Thanks. I am not certain I fully understand your question, but I am going to give it a stab. Excel charts are very flexible, and I think you need to keep in mind that you need to have the right data in place to draw the chart. I.e. don't focus on the chart itself, focus on the data in the spreadsheet you are trying to chart, and once that is in place, your chart will look the way you want. -- ChrisJ Omaha "00KobeBrian" wrote: > Can...

Creat a time book
I'm building a semi automated time book in Access. what i want is to be able to give access a two week period prefferably by specifying the beginning and end dates and have access add an entry to a table i'm going to call the 'Time Book' for each person in a personnell table for each day. the best i have been able to come up with is to pack a Macro with 14 queries, each adds one more day to a specified starting point. one of the problems i'm running into is that some of the shifts run over night and Access doesn't calculate the shift end correctly. I wo...

How to order chart in descending order of Freq?
I am using Access 2000-03. The graph is a subset to excel, but very close. I have a Access Graph Chart with the Row Source set to: "TRANSFORM Sum([Freq]) AS [SumOfFreq] SELECT [Personnel] FROM [Rept#704_Joint_Personnel] GROUP BY [Personnel] PIVOT [RP];" Currently, my graph order the personnel in Ascending order of Personnel. I want to now order it by Descending Order of Freq. In the query [Rept#704_Joint_Personnel], I have the following fields: a) Freq b) Personnel Can someone please help me here! Thank You, Gary I don't know how you'd have to modify your ...

How to create a scrollable dialog box ?
Hi I've created a dialog resource (it uses CDialog as the base class) that is longer than the height on the screen (this is for WinCE, but the question still applies to desktop windows). I want the user to be able to scroll down the dialog filling in data in editbox's as they go. How do I get the dialog to be scrollable (i.e. a scroll bar at the right hand side that works as a CScrollView would). In eVC++ (and in VC6 also) there is a box to tick of a vertical scrollbar (in the resource editor) but the scroll bar seems to be disabled at run time. Are there some window messages that ...

Excel Graphing Line References off when chart is a sheet.
I have noticed that when any graph is created in EXCEL and you hover you mouse over the dataline you receive that corect response. If you convert the chart to a sheet, the hover of the data line is now not representative of the the y axis directly below it. The data being graphed is correct now the hover represents the "series" (x-Axis) correctly but does not represent the "Point" (y-axis) correctly at all. Tne Y-axis datapoint reference is wrong. Any help? ...

How to create drop down list that determines another drop down list?
Hey all, Here is an example of what I am trying to do. I have a list of ten baseball teams with 20 players on each team. I want to create a drop down box that will allow me to select one of the ten teams and then a second drop down box below the first that will give me the list of the 20 players on the team I have selected in the first box. Then I want to choose that player to enter his statistics. Is this possible? Any help is much appreciated. THANKS in advance, Darren D. Darren You can use the selection from the first pulldown as the defined name for the second selection list Then in t...

Cannot edit customer data in additional tab at HQ
I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop then send to HQ. At HQ, Why cant I edit customer data in additional tab? Or even I create new global customer at HQ, I cannot add data in addtional tab too, it is gray out. Is there any setting that I need to do? Thank you for any help. -- Jeed I believe, just like when editing items in HQ, you have to be in Maintenance Mode. Ed -- RMS 2.0 / HQ 2.0 Server 2003 / XP "Jeed" wrote: > I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop > then send to HQ. At HQ, Why ca...

Switching X Y axis in PP 2007
How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa? -- etf Does Switch Row/Column on the Chart Tools Design tab do what you want? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "etf" <etf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28669E0E-1FF7-47CB-9ED2-1769248A651E@microsoft.com... > How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa? > -...

How do I create custom stationary in Outlook 2003?
-- NYLLisa Does this help: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052426651033.aspx ? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "nyllisa" <nyllisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB11BA76-0EA6-497F-8A6D-8B58B3CA2D45@microsoft.com... > > -- > NYLLisa ...

JWalk Chart Tools series label problem
I am using John Walkenbach's "JWalk Chart Tools" add-in to label a data series with values from other cells. (I want percentages as data labels even though the series is charted as actual values.) The two cells I'm using to label the two points in my series are not next to each other, if this is important. I CTRL-click the two cells and they are listed in the selection window with a comma, like this: 'Source data'!$D$8, 'Source data'!$AG$8 . This looks good to me. But while the values in D8 and AG8 are 5.33% and 5.16%, the labels show up as 5.33% and 21.93% B...

Display Missing Data Labels as N/A on a Chart
I am displaying values as the data labels in a chart but missing values are displayed as 0's. Is there a way to display them as N/A instead? ...

Creating Accounts under Windows Mail
I'm using Vista sp2 home premium . I just done a restore back to factory setting and I just now down all the Windows Updates . I am trying to create accounts under Windows Mail ... I am able to enter all the correct data for the account , /serve /pop/smtp/password ... Everything is good in that sense of it but once I finish creating account it does not appear within the program ( Windows Mail ) I don't see any folder for it . Is there some sore of setting that I need to correct ? More or less how does one see their email accounts under Windows Mail ? PS : These email ...

"Customize Outlook Today
I just purchased a new computer with Windows XP Professional installed (replacing my old one, with Windows 95). After installing my Office 2000 suite onto the new computer, I find that in Outlook, when I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" button, nothing happens. Acordingly I am unable to configure the display to suit my needs. For example, I need to have the days tasks only, rather than the full list you get when you cannot customize the display. Any suggestions? The answer may be found in MS Knowledge Base article 820575, "You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After...