create a scale x axis that matches the straighted form of a norma.

I have to create an x axis scale the matches equal distances along a normal
distribution curve such that when this curve is ploted on this graph, the
scaling makes the cure turn into straight line. Logarithmic x scaling doesn't
work for this. How else can I achieve this?
Thanks
JOhn

If I understand what you want to do, you should check Mike Middleton's
http://www.usfca.edu/fac-staff/middleton/demand.pdf

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <1CB56308-A7E6-4891-83A6-A76F852AD20A@microsoft.com>, "=?
Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=" <John @discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> I have to create an x axis scale the matches equal distances along a normal
> distribution curve such that when this curve is ploted on this graph, the
> scaling makes the cure turn into straight line. Logarithmic x scaling doesn't
> work for this. How else can I achieve this?
> Thanks
> JOhn

Print Forms as they Look
I have a custom form that users will need to print the form as it looks, but with the regular print everything is changed to text. I tried XPath but the problem with that is if a machine does not have that dll, the information on the sent form will not appear ...

How do I create unique pivot tables from the same data
I have a table for inventory. It has 31 rows as one per day. It has a column for each product, about twenty or so in all. I can create the PT without a problem. But if I create a second PT based on the same table, even if I place it on it's own worksheet, all the variables change on both pivot tables. Example: PT#1 Requires the Date as Row Headers, grouped in 10 day increments, and certain but not all products represented in columns with various calculations. PT#2 Requires the Date as Row Headers, grouped in 5 day increments, and certain (different) but not all produc...

Not showing blank cells in user form list box
The following bit of code populates a UserForm. I would like that none of the blank rows in C5:D14 be shown in the uf. (The cells in column D will always be blank if the corresponding row in column C is blank.) Q1. Can anyone suggest how I might achieve this? Q2. Is it possible to also have another range, namely ("C21:D25") added to the list box so that the list box is populated by ("C21:D25") and ("C5:D14") without any blank rows showing? I have generally used PivotTables to sort the ranges and eliminate blanks, but I wonder if there is a better way. If Activ...

How do I create a " .mny " file
1....Want to transfer files from MS Money 2005 to MS Money 2007 on another computer ???? Can I use a Flash Drive ???? 2....Want to upgrade MS Money 2005 to Money 2007 ???? "JOEY" <JOEY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:176AF91E-81AC-4CD1-8578-72B31641F9FE@microsoft.com... > How do I create a " .mny " file In Money, File | New. > 1....Want to transfer files from MS Money 2005 to MS Money 2007 on another > computer ???? Not sure what the question is here? > Can I use a Flash Drive ???? Sure. > 2....Want to upgrade MS Money 2005 to...

trying to create
Trying to create a more functional worksheet that can do multiple tasks. The problem is I need to create a sheet for several jobsites. Each jobsite will have mostly the same basic information. However, sometimes there are other variables. I need to have it so that I can show payments made for certain tasks completed per sheet basically reconcillation per sheet. Then create some sort of summary page that will show specific information pertaining to each jobsite to include total payments made resulting in a final total billed and paid summary. Help! Maybe.... You could have a work...

Is there a macro to create charts automatically?
Hi, I have a sheet of data that relates to individual performance scores. Each person has their data on one row which goes - Name, Team, Score 1, Target, Score 2, Target, Score 3, Target, Score 4, Target. I need to produce an individual graph for each person containing only the 4 score results. As there are over 120 individuals, is there a way, without manually creating each one of using a macro or something to make chart creation easier? Select your range (including header row) and run this macro: Sub MakeMyCharts() ' Dim ws As Worksheet Dim rng As Range Dim Yaddr As Stri...

Command Buttons & Error Messages & Forms
I want to pass my many thanks to your team for all your inputs! You've been great!! THANK YOU!! Question: When I insert a command button on the form, I notice that the Error event does not recognize my instruction to modify a default error message. On the other hand, I do get the modified message when I click on the navigation bar on the form to add a new record. Again, my command button does not recognize the code. See below Private Sub Form_Error(DataErr As Integer, Response As Integer) If DataErr = 3314 Then MsgBox "Please ensure that you enter a caseloa...

filtering all forms based on a dropdown
My apologies for the novel, I thought it best to provide the whole picture. I have a 2007 accdb database to track vehicle maintenance. There are multiple locations (depots) that the company has. At the moment, all users see information about all depots. I need the user to be able to select a depot from a dropdown (curr_group) on the switchboard (frmMain) to identify their location. The default value for the pulldown is "ALL". Whilst the field value is "ALL" the user should see all vehicles from all depots. If a user has changed the value to a depot, then wh...

Creating Stacked Columns Chart
MS Excel 2003 wizard allows you to create a standard chart called "stacked columns". Even using custom charts, I can not get it to create one stacked-column per category. In this case the three categories are companies (eg, co1, co2, co3), but I need two stacked-colmuns per category. One stacked column would show principal & loan amt and second stacked-column would show average and adjustments. In the end, each company should have two stacked-columns on the chart. I hope I haven't lost you. It's hard to explain. Hi, Have a look here for more information http://p...

"The ActiveX control on which this feature depends could not be created"
One of my users gets this error when attempting to export the Project Center list of projects (not project details) to Excel. It works fine for me. They are running IE 7 We looked at their add-ins in IE and nothing was disabled. Which add- on would be missing in this case and how do you force a download if all you have in place is enabled? Thanks Andy Novak UNT Check the security settings between each user. for the user who cannot export to Excel, one of the activeX settings will need to be enabled. -- Thanks, Ben. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional http://applep...

created by field
I had a field named created by that would pull in the network user name, then date and time record was created as shown below: sbingaman 12/27/2007 7:42:15 AM what do i need to do to get this to repopulate automatically again? i can't seem to find the same post that helped me create it. Thanks. -- Scott Scott First things first... When you stuff more than one fact in a single field, you make more work for yourself, for Access and for anyone who tries to maintain/understand your database. Instead of using a single text field, consider two fields: [CreatedBy] (network user ...

User Form Help
Hi, can any one help me please ? What I'm trying do to use combo box on a form I have created which will display data in column 'A' e.g. Zip codes When the user has found the Zip code they require in Column A, and pressed the OK button the associated data in columns B, C & D will be displayed in the Text box on the form e.g. the user uses the combo box is used to select data in A12 Then press the OK Button The data in B12, C12, D12 is displayed in the text box Any assistance would be appreciated Many thanks Rob NB Excel version 2000 You can do Find, within colu...

CRM 4.0, Workflow when record is not created ?
In our system all users must create a record of a certain entity every week. Is it possible to create a workflow which will send an email to all the users that didn't create their weekly record in this entity ? Kay Yes you can create workflow and check the condition user created entity or not, if not then send them email notifications. for more see CRM Workflow manager help. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Kay-Christian Wessel" wrote: > In o...

create a visio diagram using an excel spredsheet
Hi, I have an excel spreadsheet with more than 1000 lines. Basically the spreadheet shows all the connections between my network elements, i.e.:Site A connects to Site B with a Capacity C. I want to make a visio drawing showing all the network connections between all the sites and show also the capacity for each connection. The site will be represented by boxes and the connections will be represented by lines with a text showing the capacity. Is there anyway that I can automate this in visio using my excel spreadheet. I'm not very familiar with visio. I only do simple diagrams manu...

Transparent form with hourglass?
I want to have a maximized form that is transparent. In the center is a label with some text. I could not figure out how to have a waitcursor displayed on the form. Does anyone know how to do that with a transparent form? As an alternative, I tried setting the opacity to something low like 5%. The waitcursor worked but I could not see the label text in the middle of the form. Thanks for any help you can provide. ...

Form Problem 06-20-07
I have a database that contains companies and employees. I have created a form that will allow the user to select the company and pull a report of the employees at that company. My problem is that the data changes without me making changes. I will pull the list of a company and an employee that is not with that company will be listed on the report for another company. I have no clue as to what is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? What is the query used to pull your report? Post the SQL view here. -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. <ckunerth@gmail.com> wrote in mess...

Coverted to 2002
I mean super slow, like 5 minutes to load slow. What could the problem be here? I've reset my references to DAO 3.6 (I've also tried 3.51, but it didn't seem to make a difference performance wise). I've also gone through and added dao. to all of my database and recordset dims. What could I be missing? This db ran fine in 97. "Harris_Rodgers" <brodgers@stny.rr.com> wrote: >Okay I just found this > >Tools >> Options >> General >>.Track name AutoCorrect info >should be off. Good. >Which helped a lot, but it's now...

Put a Picture (.bmp, .gif, .jpg) in a Form
Are there some posibility to put a picture in a form, and after this, print the form with the picture in a right way?. I'm working with MS CRM 3.0 Thanks To put a picture in a form you need to write a custom aspx page to upload/manage and view the image. This page can than be intergrated into the form using an Iframe "Enrique Bravo" wrote: > Are there some posibility to put a picture in a form, and after this, print > the form with the picture in a right way?. > > I'm working with MS CRM 3.0 > > > Thanks We have a freeware add-on to do this....

emphasize one value axis
How do I emphasize one axis value by making that gridline darker than the others: example: 160,000__________________(gridline) 150,000__________________(gridline only want thicker) 140,000__________________(gridline) deb wrote: > How do I emphasize one axis value by making that gridline > darker than the others: > example: > 160,000__________________(gridline) > 150,000__________________(gridline only want thicker) > 140,000__________________(gridline) Is it possible to make the 150,000 gridline a "major" and the other two "minor" gridlines? Then you c...

How to create a temporary file
I have a need to run an app off a CDROM, and create some temporary files while the app is running -- obviously, I can't create them on the CD. I would like to create them in the "Standard Windows Temp" folder (C:\Settings\Ower\Local\Temp, or whatever it is). Is there a way to get the path to the temp folder (I know there is an environment variable -- TEMP and TMP). Is their an OS call to create a temp file? (I need a complete path+filename to the temp file, so I can pass it to another app). Thank you DanB I use this and it creates a temporary file where you said. char *sFil...

Creating a Lookup Table
I'm going to create a lookup table for my charting application. There aren't going to be very many items in this table, most likely less than a 100. For the majority, no more than 20 items. This table is to hold a symbol reference for the charts the user creates. For example, say the user is viewing a chart of Cotton. How this chart is actually named will be different for each user as they can name it whatever they want. So what I want to do is give the user the ability to assign the symbol (CT) to any chart that refers to Cotton. This way, when the user pulls up a chart of...

Outlook Forms in OWA
We use Outlook Forms but cannot read the form in OWA but can read them in regular Outlook. Any Ideas Using MS Exchange Server 2003 Outlook forms only work in Outlook. You would have to proxy the form to an HTML form and write a custom OWA for your version of Exchange to be able to use those proxied forms. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Lou Bova" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Excel Macro to creat & send email
Is it possible to create a Macro in excel that will create & send an email (via Outlook) given a particular cell value? i.e. If Cell 1 = "Send" then Activate Outlook, Copy cell 2, past into 'To:' field, Copy Cell 3, Paste into ‘Subject:' Field & send email. If there might be other ways of stream lining this process please advise. Yes that is possible See http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/message.htm The are a lot of other examples on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm (read also the info on the tip page, link on each example ...

Formatting palette does not show axis labels, grid lines, etc.
Version: 2008 My formatting palette has rendered me unable to edit any of my charts. When I clock on a chart, there is nowhere on the palette to add/change axis titles, grid lines, font, or nearly anything at all. I'm not sure when this happened or how to get these options back. <br><br>I have tried simply going into toolbars and editing/resetting them, but as I lack Excel knowledge I do not know what else to try. Try clicking the bent arrow button at the right end of the palette's title bar. When the Toolbox 'flips over' restore the checks for the missing ...

Update (Requery?) records from unassociated form
I've been trying to find an answer to this question in the groups all day without luck. So here is my situation: I have a form (frmA) that has a button (cmdA) for calling another form (frmB) which consists of a subform (sbfB) which displays a Pivot Chart. When my code executes, a value from frmA is passed to an unbound combo box control on frmB which in turn drives the query behind the Pivot Chart sbfB. The problem: The Pivot Chart sbfB does not update (i.e., it shows no data whatsoever). When I step through the code, sbfB goes through the load procedure properly. However, when the combo...