Create a data point series

How do I create a data series of every third (3rd) data point in a long string?
0
Joseph1 (69)

Is this what you want?

Decimating the Data (Plotting Every Nth Point)
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024

If you just want the sparse array of points, you can skip the line series
and use the formulas which put #N/A is all but the Nth cells, or use other
formulas which pull the data from every Nth cell into an adjacent column.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I create a data series of every third (3rd) data point in a long
> string?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Problems with creating a newsletter

How to select series in chart?

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Macro

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

macros entering data

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

find data and autopaste when found

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Calculating Subsets of Data
I have data for records that can span between 1 to 16 months.. I want to be able to calculate the average activity for the most recent six months in a query and be able to display that in a report. I can create the calculation in the query for the entire duration of months for each record but am stuck on how to have it choose only the most recent six months of data to do the calculation and understand that the six months may really only be between 1 to 6 months of data.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..My skill level is somewhere between meatball surgeon and ki...

XML Mapping: Creating a "non-repeating schema element" in VS2005
Question regarding XML mapping in Excel. XML Mapping in Excel allows you to map "non-repeating schema elements" to an individual cell while "repeating schema elements" automatically get handled as an Excel "list". I want a table(XML/XSD) exported from a VS2005 dataset to be CELL mappable rather than LIST mappable. Is there a way to make Excel interpret the native dataset XML/XSD as non-repeating? Said differently, what makes a schema element "repeating" versus "non-repeating"? Is it a unique XPATH statement? If my underlying table has...