Create a 3D chart from a stacked bar and a column

I would like to create a 3 dimensional chart, based on a stacked bar chart.  Specifically, I would like to give the individual elements of each stack different heights, in a 3rd dimension.

Forinstance:

Category A  Element 1, Width 75, Height 10;
Category A  Element 2, Width 25, Height 15;
Category B  Element 1, Width 35, Height 5;
Category B Element 2, Width  65, Height 25;

For each category, elements 1 and 2 would be stacked to create a 100% bar (using the width); adding height is the challenge.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

0
anonymous (74722)

I don't understand what role width plays in the chart, but you might
want to see Funchrt4 and Funchrt5 at Stephen Bullen's site
(http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting).  Whether one can
combine the 2 examples into 1 (if it even makes sense) and then add a
3D effect is something you will have to experiment with.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <514E2899-F2D5-4012-988F-FAA4AEE0383E@microsoft.com>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I would like to create a 3 dimensional chart, based on a stacked bar chart.  Specifically, I would like to give the individual elements of each stack different heights, in a 3rd dimension.
>
> Forinstance:
>
> Category A  Element 1, Width 75, Height 10;
> Category A  Element 2, Width 25, Height 15;
> Category B  Element 1, Width 35, Height 5;
> Category B Element 2, Width  65, Height 25;
>
> For each category, elements 1 and 2 would be stacked to create a 100% bar (using the width); adding height is the challenge.
>
> Any ideas would be most appreciated.

How do I create a sample in Excel?

if cell is text move left one column

Queries and Charts

Sorting on Column headers
I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I really need to save time with this project if possible. Thanks!:) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the > Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in > chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I > really need to save time with this project if possib...

Updating a chart Automatically

line chart with NA() values

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Status Bar #4
Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the Excel Status Bar which allows you to select a range of cells and view the Sum, Average etc of those cells? Thanks. It's the AutoCalculate feature: AutoCalculate feature is working even if that feature is turned off http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=325703 XL7: CTRL+Click Selected Cell Changes AutoCalculate Value http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=133050 Alex wrote: > Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the > Excel St...

Character Length in a column
I have a column where every cell must have 14 characters. Lets say have the name Angel. I need 9 more charcters. Next cell down have the word cake. I need 10 more charcters.How do I automatciall insert the spaces I need to have 14 charcters. HELP PLEASE!!!!! GOIN NUTS ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements One way: Do you care about what characters are added? I'l...

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

Can't create the item #2

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

creating template for multiple emails
How or can one create an email template (same subject line and message)for multiple emails (approx 100's)? Needing to shorten the time it takes sending 100's of individual emails (with the same subject line and same message) to sales staff on a weekly (some times daily) basis. Company does not want sales force using other sales persons email addresses (they are contractors). Try using a Distriburtion List, send one message, it goes to all of them, or get the message ready, put your address in the TO: field, and put everyone else in the BCC: field?? That way no one can see wher...