copying charts into new sheets, data is pulled from old sheet

i make a sheet with a load of data and some graphs,
then i want to copy the whole thing into a new sheet to process some similar
but different data,
all the cell references translate cleanly, and refer to the new sheet
however, the graphs reflec tthe previous sheets ranges and data.

how can i copy the graphs so they refer to cells on the new sheet?

btw i know excel pretty well, and i could go through and drag new data on,
but i would like about 30 graphs per sheet, so its tedious.
thanks
0
kstevens (1)

instead of copying just the data, use the Move or Copy Sheet option under
Edit and copy the whole sheet.
--
mam

"kstevens" wrote:

> i make a sheet with a load of data and some graphs,
> then i want to copy the whole thing into a new sheet to process some similar
> but different data,
> all the cell references translate cleanly, and refer to the new sheet
> however, the graphs reflec tthe previous sheets ranges and data.
>
> how can i copy the graphs so they refer to cells on the new sheet?
>
> btw i know excel pretty well, and i could go through and drag new data on,
> but i would like about 30 graphs per sheet, so its tedious.
> thanks
0
mickie (104)

Excel 2007/Vista: Missing file name on import external data connection
Hello-hopefully this the right form for this question: >From an XP machine, I have had no problems using Excel 2007 to import comma delimited text (csv) files stored on my local hard disk into a particular spreadsheet. The Data>Get External Data>From Text wizard works fine and have had no trouble using the Refresh function. However, on my Vista machine, when refreshing information in a workbook coming from a data source (i.e.: text file) the file name is missing from the Import Text File box. But when I look into the connection properties (from the Data>Connections>Properties&g...

New improved RMS eCommerce Integrated Solution
SIM Retail Solutions www.simretail.com 408.690.2948 ------------------------------------- Having an online presence is imperative for any business owner or service provider. In fact, in the existing online retail scenario if you are looking for your business expansion, and have not yet tapped the advantages of online retailing, then it is the right time to encash. Now, when you consider going online, it could be a possibility that you already own a Microsoft Retail Management System (RMS) and actually require affordable and customizable eCommerce software that works with the RMS. Well, in...

Egadds
Please help. My PC hard disk got fried a few weeks ago. Reinstalled Windows XP Home, everything fine, then re-installed Office 2000. Everything fine. Until ............... I went to merge my old backed up .pst file, which was backed up in the usual File, Export, .PST file way. When I tried to bring it in, I was prompted for a password ???? I did not password protect the backed up .pst file. So, I have moved on, sort of .... but really need a lot of the information from my old .pst file. Every time Outlook 2000 is opened I am prompted for a password that I do not know for the second set o...

Excel Pie Chart not printing correctly in MS Publisher 2003
I have a pie chart that I created with Excel that has four sections and a legend that has a colored boxes representing each one of these four sections. I have copied these Excel chart into MS Publisher where it looks fine. When, however, I try to print either to Adobe PDF or my color printer, the Publisher document changes and the hardcopy represents this change. First, one of the colored boxes in the legend disappears (although the section in the chart still remains). Second, the pie chart itself becomes smaller and the percentage figures (which were originally inside the pie chart itself...

How to open an html file with data in it?
Hello! I have downloaded from internet, legally, 2 music albums each 120 mb each! However, they are in html format and cannot manage to extract the files that are in it! I am sure that there is someway to take the tracks from these files but I knew that html are internet files! When I double click on these html files which are supposed to have the music in it, automatically I am forwarded to a web page that never loads and moreover the PC freezes! Please help!:sleepy: -- Jungleyes On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 12:48:28 -0600, Jungleyes wrote: > Hello! I have downloaded from inter...

Limits in Excel charts?
H My customer has an Excel workbook with several hundreds of lines. Every line represents a timescale. He also has a Floating Chart visualizing the timescale. Printing is on continuous form. When the table is about 200 lines the chart is no more printed. And when he adds more lines (and thus more columns to the chart) he also fails to add more lines (columns) to the chart. Note that the bars are shown and printed vertically (as rows) on continuous form and in principle not limited to paper size. I found an article explaining that if the chart is printed full page, it has a limit of 200 column...

How can I stop Excel from correcting data in a sp.sheetfor instan.
How can I stop excel from correcting data I put in a cell? For instance, I type in 1-1 and it automatically makes it Jan00 I want to be able to use the dash without having it be a date. Precede the 1-1 with an apostrophe. I will not show in the cell or in a print out. best wishes Bernard "AaronMahl" <AaronMahl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88720673-8831-49C0-9592-2DE1CBBC4715@microsoft.com... > How can I stop excel from correcting data I put in a cell? For instance, > I > type in > 1-1 and it automatically makes it Jan00 > I want to be...

Data error. Cyclic redundancy check
I am getting the following error when trying to access a table in a database: An error occurred while executing batch. Error message is: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? -- Sheldon Hi First off check your sql server log for error messages, it should be able to give you an idea of what has happened. if this doesnt highlight anything obvious then you will want to check the extent of the problem using: DBCC CHECKDB (MyDatbaseName) WITH ALL_ERRORMSGS; Jon "Sheldon" wrote: > I am getting the following err...

URGENT help!!! chart size! Thank you!
I have made lots of charts for the graphic designer. Now she said to me my charts are too big when she copies those to illustrator (she has to resize every one). So she asked me to resize all the charts to the size she wants in excel. Now, my problem is how I can automatically change the size of my charts. There are too many and I cannot work on individual. The deadline is approaching soon. Please help me figure it out! Thank you very much! Hi, If your charts are chart objects on worksheets then you could use the following code to size (width/height only) all charts to be the same as the ...

Extract data from an excel spreadsheet to update/append records
Hi guys, I'm quite new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to be able to extract data from an excel spreadsheet, and update records in an MS Access database. I'm sure there is a way of doing this via VBA code but could someone please point me in the right direction, as I've got a mental block and can't find where to start. Thanks in advance Have you tried linking to your Excel spreadsheet? I usually create a named range in the spreadsheet first, and then pick this named range in the link table wizard. You can then use this linked table as a source of...

Exporting Data
The user is trying to export some data from Access to Excel. The user is having a problem with the 'query' field on the database a when the data is copied out of the database spaces appear in the tex and some text get truncated. I have tried to copy everything out of the database from the tabl which did the same thing. I have also checked the properties of the field and it is of typ "memo" which I have investigated and there doesn't seem to me any restrictions on the siz (ie 255 characters -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How do I automatically delete new junk mail?
When I mark new email as junk mail I want to have it automatically deleted. I have not figured out a way to do that with the rules wizard--only previously identified junk is automatically deleted after setting up the rule. In OL2003, tools>options>preferences tab>junk e-mail. Check "permanently delete...........". Be sure first that the filter isn't ever catching any mail that's not really junk. HTH Mark "K in MD" <K in MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98806C89-DBA9-469D-B866-C6197DE11C1D@microsoft.com... > When I mark...

New Accounts
I have recently taken over a companies admin of 2003 Exchange. They need me to add new users to the domain and set up their email accounts. I add them to the domain but where do I set/view their usernames and passwords for their email account??????? They host their mail here. I know that this is a dumb question but I hope that one knd soul out there will help me. Thanks -- Ever Learning Net Admin Did you install the Exchange admin tools (run Exchange setup.exe and choose Custom) on the machine on which you are using Active Directory Users and Computers? If so, that should be one of...

Make several charts same size?
I've made four very simple column charts from four lines of data, each in its own window. But I want to reduce their sizes (particularly their heights). Easy - just drag a corner. But how do I ensure that they are exactly the same dimensions please? (I also want their formats to be identical, but expect that will be easy.) I must get this done today (they will be images for a web site) so would much appreciate advice please. -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Jon Peltier has code for resizing and moving charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ResizeAndMoveAChart.html At the e...

Attributes lost when assigning new user account to old mailbox
I had a situation arise where a user account was deleted. I created a new account and hooked it up to the old mailbox. (For some reason, the deleted object is not available to undelete using ADrestore, but that is a different question.) So, when this user accesses her inbox, every item is marked as read, whereas before there were many read and unread items. Is there anyway to "read" what was marked read and or unread, and bring that atribute over for this user? Thanks, twf ...

Create a 3rd sheet containing cells in both Sheets 1 and 2
I have 2 sheets. They both contain a list of Account Numbers. What I want to do is to have a 3rd sheet created containing only those account numbers that are found in both Sheet 1 and Sheet 2. For example: Sheet 1 Account Numbers AAAAA BBBBB CCCCC DDDDD EEEEE FFFFFF 9999999 GGGGGG HHHHHH IIIIIII JJJJJJ KKKKKK LLLLLLL 333333 444444 Sheet 2 Account Numbers 1111111 KKKKKKK 222222 EEEEEEE 999999 XXXXXXX TTTTTTTT AAAAAA FFFFFFFF Sheet 3 AAAAAAA EEEEEEEE FFFFFFF 9999999 KKKKKKKK By the way, I am a REAL BIG beginner with excel, so please provide some...

cheat sheet
I'm looking for an Excel cheak sheet or quick hints list. You mean shortcut keys? Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/excel.htm Chip Pearson's site: http://cpearson.com/excel/ShortCuts.htm Marilyn wrote: > > I'm looking for an Excel cheak sheet or quick hints list. -- Dave Peterson ...

Sheet tab properties
Hi again. This is my last question. :) Are there in Excel sheet tab properties so that i can choose font, text color or something else not just tab colour? And can i have those sheet tabs in two or more rows? because my workbook has a lot of sheets(something like 100 sheets) and it's confusing when you have to find a sheet . Thanks. Marko Hi marko, I don't think you can change anything other than tab color. With so many sheets you could devote sheet1 to being a table of contents with buttons or hyperlinks or whatever which display sheet information and a click takes you to that she...

Prevent moving to new record
I have a form which is tied to a table. To get to the form the user does a look-up. Once on the form the user can edit the fields on the table. I would like the only option the user has then to be to save and close. Right now, if they tab around they will eventually move to a new record. How can I prevent tabbing from moving to the next row in the table? Thank you, On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:31:01 -0800, Cathy wrote: > I have a form which is tied to a table. To get to the form the user does a > look-up. Once on the form the user can edit the fields on the table. I > would...

creating a chart from multiple files
I run a weekly cash flow analysis and keep the summary files in a folder together. Each one is simply named with the date that it was created on. ex: 'CFA 04-04-05'. My question is -- is there a way to create a chart that looks at all of the different files? Essentially I'd like to be able to chart how the 4 week outlook changed over the last 2 years. I would like to be able to do this without needing to open every single file -- there are quite a few of them, and this would take a significant amount of time. SDeam wrote: > I run a weekly cash flow analysis and ...

Help with lost Outlook Settings with New User Profile
Here's a real challenge for you Outlook Pros out there. I had to create a new User Profile (explianed at bottom). Old profile is named LARRY and new is LARRY2; both stored on PC Named MARK. I copied the old Docs & Setgs into new per Microsft's published procedure. I started Outlook and went through procedure to reset data file for use in PST. The e-mails, contacts, tasks, etc are all intact. So far so good. But apparently, not all settings and info gets stored in the PST or related files in the Docs & Settings (who came up with that design). Perhaps there are...

Combination Chart- 1 Column, 2 Lines
I am attempting to create a combination chart that uses one column, but 2 lines. I want the column to represent a percentage and the lines to show pricing at two different locations. Everything I see allows me to do the opposite (2 columns, 1 line). Any advice? Ignore the built-in custom types. Besides being oxymoronic, they are just not flexible. Make your own combination chart as follows: Make a line chart with all of the data. Right click on the one series you want as a column, choose Chart Type from the pop up menu, and choose a suitable series type. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, M...

automatically calculate table values via formulas in sheet
Hi, I am stuck with a challenge, maybe someone can help. I am creating a table with the outcomes of various calculations. I got a worksheet with 2 variable inputs (A1 and A2) and the outcome presented in A7. Now I need to create a table with the possible A1 values above and the possible A2 values on the left. As there are over 100 options for A1 and over 300 for a2 you can imagine I don't want to type all these values in A1 and A2. So I am wondering, there must be a function to calculate the outcomes A7 in this table using the formula's existing in my sheet. Does anybody know how th...

Charting several sites
I have several sites that all have the same data (Date & # visits) right now I graph each site separately so I can see how many people use our resources, is it possible to overlay all of these sites on one graph? I can do this using an old projector but not with my new multi media projector. Any ideas? I don't understand the connection between an XL chart (at least I assume it is an XL chart) and a projector. Maybe, you need to explain some more of how the old projector did what you wanted it to do. On the other hand, one can always plot multiple series on a single XL chart. C...

Copying Between Databases Without Linked Servers?
I have a SQL Server 2005 machine called "Dest" and a 2008 machine called "Source" and a 2008 machine called "Console". Each has the same SQL account with appropriate permissions and rights on all 3 to do anything. Without using a linked server, how can I sit at "Console" and execute a "select into" fromthe "Source" database to the "Dest" database? Thanks. "SnapDive" <SnapDive@community.nospam> wrote in message news:qcurk5dp3cem0l63d19io59nemtjv88534@4ax.com... >I have a SQL Server 200...