Copying a Chart to ANOTHER WORKBOOK LOCATION not worksheet.

According to Excel Help, I should be able to copy a chart/graph to another
workbook.  However, when I try, the Paste option is not highlighted as a
choice.  Does anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish this copy/paste
function?

Thank you.
0
Newbie (61)

You don't state which version of EXCEL you are using.

I have tried to replicate what you say in EXCEL 2007 but don't see the
problem.

You might like to try the following:-

1. Select the graph that you want to copy by clicking in it.

2. Ctrl C (simultaneously).

3. Move to new Workbook.

4. Ctrl V (simultaneously).

This pastes the chart into the new Workbook. (Paste is also highlighted for
me and I can use it).

Please click on Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks!

"Newbie" wrote:

> According to Excel Help, I should be able to copy a chart/graph to another
> workbook.  However, when I try, the Paste option is not highlighted as a
> choice.  Does anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish this copy/paste
> function?
>
> Thank you.
0
info9487 (39)

Copy text
In Sheet3 I have my formula ( e.g. MOD(H7)), and I want the result to be copied automatically to Sheet1 - the value only. Which function would do it for me? On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:28:31 +0100, salonowiec wrote: > > In Sheet3 I have my formula ( e.g. MOD(H7)), and I want the result to be > copied automatically to Sheet1 - the value only. Which function would do it > for me? Think about it this way: Excel doesn't copy results *to* cells, it pulls results *from* cells. In Sheet1, in the cell you want the result copied to, put this formula: =Sheet3!P47 (assuming P4...

SOP Copy function should include header info
There is a checkbox when copying a sales order if you want to copy the ship-to address, but checking that box doesn't update the ship-to address at the header level, just at the line level. It should be possible to copy the address at both the header and line level. There should also be an option for copying user-defined info from the source document. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you...

Pasting chart worksheet as link 2007
A chart created in 2007 and sitting in it's own sheet (not included on the data worksheet) will not display entirely if pasted as link (neither into Word nor PPT) Some of the chart seems to be "cut off" in the linked object. This seems to be connected to how much of the "canvas" is visible in Excel. Viewing the chart in Excel on a zoom so that it fills the whole screen seems to remedy this. Is there some setting in Excel that would allow us to set the worksheet chart to automatically size to window? Or else: does anyone know a way of pasting a worksheet chart as ...

MFC Gantt chart ???
Hi All, I need a good Gantt chart Lib for MFC. Anybody know about anyone? Thanks. ...

Can I change the "white cross" cursor in Excel to another cursor?
I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be changed to another cursor? Not an option that anyone has been able to alter as far as I can recall. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:23:01 -0700, "KFEagle" <KFEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be >changed to another cursor? ...

Copy from worksheet to another x times
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that will copy Worksheet A Cell B5 to Worksheet B Cell B5 and Worksheet A Cell B6 to Worksheet B Cell C5 'X' Times but, Worksheet A Cell B5 will be increasing by 1 until it reaches the 'X' times. When this is done I then want my worksheet to generate 'X' (this is inputed by the user) how many times the Worksheet will generate after Worksheet B Cell B5 and C5. For example: Worksheet A Cell B5 = 123 Cell B6 = 6 Number of times input by user: B7 = 10 Worksheet B Cell B5 = 123 Cell B6 = 6 Cell B5 = 124 Cell B6 = 7 ......

Workbook SelfDestruct
Is it possible to cause a workbook to delete all data contained on al sheets including hidden sheets, if the work book is opened after certain period of time? Thanks Phi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really with a secure/safe way. All the user has to do is disable macros and your procedure won't run. Also I don't think this would be a good idea from a user point of view (destroying my data) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "PhilDean >" <<PhilDean.1ban4g@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:PhilDean.1ban4g@ex...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Question about charts
If I have two lines in a line graph and they criss-cross (like a supply and demand curve), how can I find the exact values on the x and y axis where the two lines cross? Is this possible by using Excel? Let's hope you made XY chats (no Line charts) - change chart if necessary Insert Trendlines for both (better yet use SLOPE and INTERCEPT functions) So Now you know y1=m1x1+b1 and y2=m2x2+b2 At point of intersection y1=y2 and x1=x2 m2x+b2 = m1x+b1 x= (b1-b2)/(m2-m1) y = m1x + b Its all rather simple algebra. Bernard (you can call me Prof <grin>) www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme &quo...

Charting Text #2
Below sample data I am trying to chart but I'm not sure if Excel can do this. It is basically a record of animals (tags) and where they have been spotted. I am trying to create a chart (maybe a scatter) with Location and Month on the X & Y axis and the tag data to appear to show a sighting. I have created a work around using a pivot table but the person looking at this chart is not an Excel user and I want to keep it simple. Any suggestions? Location Month Tag NW Jan J33 NW June J34 SW May J33 SW June J35 E Oct J36 E Nov J35 W May J33 W Apr J34 Hi, Insert new blank columns ...

How do I create a blank chart?
I am trying to create a blank chart to be used after it is printed (filled in by hand by several different people). It only needs to be a simple column graph that allows users to fill up the column based on their results on a certain date. Hi, Just create a chart the refers to the blank range. To make it easier enter some dummy data and create the chart, then remove the dummy data. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "cheri3107" wrote: > I am trying to create a blank chart to be used after it is printed (filled in > by hand by several different people). It only needs to b...

Copy checkboxes to another sheet
Hi all, I have a very large workbook with many tabs(each tab is a checklist with check boxes that was pulled from the main sheet according to an ID that was given to each line item). What I am trying to do is once the checkbox on the checklist tabs are checked I need the checkbox on the main sheet to automatically show checked as well for checked items. Is this possible? Does it matter which checkbox toolbar I should use. (Control toolbar or Forms toolbar). I am currently having trouble inserting the control toolbar checkboxes through ROW 2000 on each tab. I lock up and can't save...

Chart data from text file
I have my x- and y- values as tab-separated values in a text file. There are many different files, so it is too cubersome to open them all convert them all to Excel. Is there any way I can create a chart that reads its data from a text file? On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, hmm <hmm@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have my x- and y- values as tab-separated values in a text file. There are >many different files, so it is too cubersome to open them all convert them >all to Excel. > >Is there any way I can create a chart that reads its data fr...

Filter Choice in Chart Title
Is there a way to reference a filter choice in a chart title? I have a column with about 7 validsets. If the user choses one of those, I would like the choice to be displayed in an associated chart title. I understand that I can reference a cell in the chart title, so really the question is; How do I reference a selected filter choice in another cell? Unfortunately I can't use pivots for this, since the chart is an XY scatter. Thanks, Kevin You could use this UDF in a cell. Put the code in a REGULAR module and type =st() somewhere. Function st() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "b&...

Bubble chart basics
Using 2000 I am trying to come up with a meaningful sample of a bubble chart for the charting class I teach and I'm having a really tough time. I know nothing of bubble charts. I have been searching the group and web for some time now trying to figure out where I'm going wrong. Here's my data: Region Avg Stay Patients North 1.8 1208 East 2.3 2304 South 1.1 961 West 3.4 1936 Here's what I want to get when I use the bubble chart - the region names as the X axis values, the average stay as the y axis...

3-D Chart background picture prints only partly
Hi, I have a problem in printing Chart with background picture: The Chart type is Clustered Column with a 3-D visual effect. I right-click the background and choose Format walls - Fill effects - Picture - Select Picture. I choose a .jpg picture. Format = Stretch. Apply to Sides, Front and End. The picture shows beautifully and prints fine on a black- and-white printer. But printing to a color printer (HP DeskJet or Color LaserJet) only prints 1/9:th of the picture starting from the upper left corner and stretching it to cover all the chart background. Print Preview shows the pictu...

3 copies of deposits
Hi all, does anyone know how to set the reciept to print 3 copies of deposits instead of 2?? Thanks in advance..... Sorry, i menat 3 copies instead of 1. Andy, If you go into store operations Manager - databases - receipt formats, then select the receipt format you are using, then select the relevant template properties button. Once this is opened near the top of the page you will see the flag for receipt count - change this accordingley. Hope this is what you meant Marc "Andy King" wrote: > Sorry, i menat 3 copies instead of 1. Hi Marc, thanks for your response...

Adjusting row heights and column widths to align with another sheet
Hi, A workbook has sheets containing printable reports. All have identical columns and widths. After experimenting, I have arrived at an ideal row heights and column widths for one of the sheets. I now need to adjust the other sheet to the same heights and widths. Any way to do this using VBA or through the user interface? Thanks in advance for the help. Regards, Raj It seems like this is a one off so all you need to do is select the worksheet with the correct column widths and row heights then hold the Ctrl key while you click on the other worksheet tabs. (this selects mul...

how do I display the name of a worksheet automatically in a cell?
I use a rolling 12 months spreadsheet that has a sheet for each month of activity, and is a home sheet of rother workbooks to connect to and pick up relevant data. As I delete old sheets and add clone new ones I have to manually change the title cell name of the sheet to the proper month. I would like to be able to just change the name of the tab, (example: "Sep_05"), and have that name propagate to the title cell on that page. See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html In article <EF733ED6-CCE3-4C98-9057-C1877562975A@microsoft.com>, Archie N. &...

Multiple worksheet consolidation
Hi there, I have a workbook that is starting to drive me insane. There are 5 worksheets that pertain to one main worksheet. The 5 have physical ID's in Column A assigning information in Column B. These are referenced in the main sheet but have to be typed in physically. Is there no way to automate this? Also I have a datasheet that has all the information in it and needs to be displayed using these 5 worksheets in the main sheet. E.g. Worksheet 1 - Indicator ID(ColA) - Fire(ColB), Worksheet 2 - Division ID(Col A) Divisions(ColB), Worksheet 3 - Operations ID(ColA) Operations(Col...

How to trap copying(reading or writing) event via network share ?
Hi, We often set network share for some of our directories to others in LAN. But I want to know how to trap the event when copying(reading or writing) occurs in my program? Thank you for your ideas�� David ...

3 charts per page
How can I put 3 charts on one page for printing? I don't want the excel data; just the charts. The easiest (only?) way I can think of is to make them embedded objects in a worksheet (or a chart sheet). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <31A8B169-0DD9-45C9-B7C1-A3763C64C18B@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > How can I put 3 charts on one page for printing? I don't want the excel data; just the charts. > Hi Lulu, You can put more t...

Paste value in new workbook
Dear expert, Wanna copy and paste value of range Q1:R20 in sheet1 to a new workbook. Is that difficult? Thanks Try the below. The destination is kept as 1st sheet Range A1. Change to suit. Source would be the active sheet Sub Macro() Dim wb As Workbook, ws As Worksheet Set ws = ActiveSheet Set wb = Workbooks.Add ws.Range("Q1:R20").Copy wb.Sheets(1).Range("A1") End Sub -- Jacob "Elton Law" wrote: > Dear expert, > Wanna copy and paste value of range Q1:R20 in sheet1 to a new workbook. > Is that difficult? > Thanks >...

How to auto format Area Chart Data Label?
Hello, I have an area chart with several labels data point, where the row is the type 939, 949, 969, 999 and Extra, column are date 01/09, 02/09.... and the data value in number of hours. Date Type 01/09 02/09 03/09 939 12.5 60.5 52.0 949 25.5 12.5 12.0 969 979 56.5 60.5 52.0 999 Extra 5.0 2.3 1.1 Depend on the machine number selected, it might have all type 939,etc.. then sometime just return 939 and 999 only. How do I auto f...

Copy a range from closed workbooks (ADO)
Hi With reference to the code at http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm What changes is required to this code for use, 1. with .csv files 2.files with only one sheet but differrent sheet names 3.data on the sheet without headers. Thanks. Hi nc Change the xls to csv in the code -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "nc" <nc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4FE59EF-C912-4079-A498-0F8CCCAE095C@microsoft.com... > Hi > > With reference to the code at > > http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm > > What changes is required to this ...