copy paste problems for chart from excel to power point, solution

I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts
are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried
everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with
cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that?
Thanks!
0
Jean (71)

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Jean <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> said:

>I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts
>are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried
>everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with
>cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that?

Are you using Autoshape drawings in the Excel chart? I am told that
Autoshapes and charts work on two different grids, so that it's very
difficult to get them to work when you transfer vector graphics outside
Excel to try to show them anywhere else.  I know from my own experience
that's true; it's very disappointing, as the shapes would have been a
very powerful addition to Excel's graphing capabilities.

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

If not, copy the chart as a picture. In Excel, select the chart, hold Shift
while selecting the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture; in most cases, the On
Screen and Picture options provide the best results.

If so, make a copy of the chart, change its location to a chart sheet, move
the chart sheet to a new workbook. Go to Page Setup and adjust the margins
so the chart within the margins is the size you need in PowerPoint; e.g., a
chart that has to be 3.5 by 5 on a 8.5 by 11 page needs margins of
(8.5-3.5)/2 or 2.5 top and bottom and (11-5)/2 or 3 left and right. Copy
this chart and paste it into PowerPoint.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts
> are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried
> everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize
> with
> cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that?
> Thanks!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
3/2/2007 1:41:56 PM
thanks a lot, that s very sweet :) and it works.

Jean

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Does the chart have to remain linked to Excel?
>
> If not, copy the chart as a picture. In Excel, select the chart, hold Shift
> while selecting the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture; in most cases, the On
> Screen and Picture options provide the best results.
>
> If so, make a copy of the chart, change its location to a chart sheet, move
> the chart sheet to a new workbook. Go to Page Setup and adjust the margins
> so the chart within the margins is the size you need in PowerPoint; e.g., a
> chart that has to be 3.5 by 5 on a 8.5 by 11 page needs margins of
> (8.5-3.5)/2 or 2.5 top and bottom and (11-5)/2 or 3 left and right. Copy
> this chart and paste it into PowerPoint.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>

> "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts
> > are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried
> > everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize
> > with
> > cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that?
> > Thanks!

0
Jean (71)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

circular files; iterating to a "correct" solution
I am working with a circular file. I have been making changes to the file, and I have noticed at times when i manually calculate that the file iterates to an obviously "incorrect" solution. No amount of changing the max no of iterations or the max change seems to fix the problem. It iterates to the same "incorrect" solution every time. It is like it is stuck in a rut and can't get out. I have also noticed that, if I manually calculate each worksheet separately (that is, hit shift - f9 simulaneously on each worksheet individually, from left to right) all the ...

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

Problem with Range

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

message delivery problems

Break Even Point
Hello, Is there a formula to calculate a break even point? Scenario: Rate ranges are 500 lbs at $10, 1000 lbs @ $5, 2000 lbs @ $2.5, etc. Eg: Shipper has load that weighs 990 lbs. What is the break even point to move the load forward into the next cheaper range. Hope that makes sense. Any help appreciated. "Break even" generally implies two opposing trends. Where they meet is the 'break even' point. You have supplied only one 'trend'. Can you expand on the problem? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove...

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook