Copy Data from One Group of Cells to Another Group

I have five columns of data on two different sheets in the same workbook. One
set of columns is sorted in ascending date order the other in descending date
order. When I enter data into the last row of Sheet 1, I need the data in
that row in columns A, B, C and D to be copied into Sheet 2 columns A, C, D
and E in a newly inserted row 14. Is this possible with the use of a macro? I
can find the last cell in Sheet 1, but then need to go up one row and back to
column A. I am having difficulty with that.

Thanks is advance for any assistance offered!

/s/ Alan Auerbach

On Sat, 26 May 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Alan Auerbach <AlanAuerbach@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
>I have five columns of data on two different sheets in the same workbook. One
>set of columns is sorted in ascending date order the other in descending date
>order. When I enter data into the last row of Sheet 1, I need the data in
>that row in columns A, B, C and D to be copied into Sheet 2 columns A, C, D
>and E in a newly inserted row 14. Is this possible with the use of a macro? I
>can find the last cell in Sheet 1, but then need to go up one row and back to
>column A. I am having difficulty with that.

This is microsoft.public.excel.charting. have you tried one of the other
excel newsgroups?

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

I am soooo dumb! Yes, of course this is the wrong group. :-( I simply went
to the wrong place by rote. Thank you for pointing that out.

Have you ever had to change your daily driving route to go somewhere else
and then fournd yourself at your normal destination rather than where you
wanted to go (I have!)? Thanks for waking me up! :-)

Best wishes,
/s/ Alan Auerbach

"Del Cotter" wrote:

> On Sat, 26 May 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
> Alan Auerbach <AlanAuerbach@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
> >I have five columns of data on two different sheets in the same workbook. One
> >set of columns is sorted in ascending date order the other in descending date
> >order. When I enter data into the last row of Sheet 1, I need the data in
> >that row in columns A, B, C and D to be copied into Sheet 2 columns A, C, D
> >and E in a newly inserted row 14. Is this possible with the use of a macro? I
> >can find the last cell in Sheet 1, but then need to go up one row and back to
> >column A. I am having difficulty with that.
>
> This is microsoft.public.excel.charting. have you tried one of the other
> excel newsgroups?
>
> --
> Del Cotter
> NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk,
>     which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead.

Right click , drag and drop and cut , copy paste facilities
Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and paste facilities in any of the record forms Pretty limiting eh? Just chalk it up as one of many CRM shortcomings. Sometimes you can right click, sometimes you can't. Just get in the habit of using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Nitin" <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2223FB31-B10E-4EA7-87C0-ED483F5F6E23@microsoft.com... > Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and past...

Excel 2003 extract repeating cells

cell looses name after sorting
Can someone help me with the following problem in Excel 2000: in a table I have attached serveral cells with unique cell names, the values in these cells are used in other sheets. the problem is that when I sort the table, the cell names stay in the original rowposition; they are not sorted! while their values are. So Cell names get different values, and other calculations on my other sheets get messed up! How can I make the cell names relative instead of absolute? thankx in advance, Jim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "jimfx >" <<jimfx.109zcv@exc...

Macros for worksheet copy & paste?
I have 6 different excel files. How can I combine all 6 of them in one single excel file under individual worksheets (E.g. Worksheet1 for File1, worksheet2 for File2 ....etc)? I do not wish to copy & paste it manually. Can I use a macro to take care of it? If so, where can I find further info on how to go about it? THANKS!! Assuming (1) this is a one-time need, and (2) your workbooks have only one sheet each, this would probably be faster done by hand: 1) With all the files open choose one of the files to be the receiving file. 2) Select the sheet in the subsequent books, one at...

SQL in Excel data
Hi all, Is there a possibility/way to run an SQL query in an excel data sheet? I have quite some data like the sample below, now i would like to have the sum of spending for each person. Like it is possible in Access. A1 B1 Field1 Field2 Chuck 12,89 Mike 23,09 Jean 9,34 Chuck 30,00 Mike 3,80 Chuck 22,00 Mike 7,23 Jean 10,55 Jean 10,75 Jean 31,45 Chuck 19,99 Result Field1 SumOfField2 Chuck 84,88 Jean 62,09 Mike 34,12 Advice would be appriciated. Cheers, Ludovic Hi You could use a formula like this ...

Custom cell formatting
I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like this. I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially alpha character. Can anyone help me?? -Monica, Dallas 000000 000001 000002 .... 000009 00000A 00000B 000010 000011 ...... Monica something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character Regards Trevor "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message news:#SD0tUzTEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to create a custom format for a series ...

Showing specific data
In A2003 I was able to put a command button on a form that when clicked would display another form which would contain specific data; i.e. a form of employees would then disaplay their absences. I built the button through the wizard and selected the "open form and find specific data to display". This works fin e in A2003, but when I build it ion A2007, the resulting form displays all my data, but says it's filtered. Can I see just what I want to see? Thanks Nigel, Since you are opening a new form from another open form, and the "calling" form has a key value...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

Add-Ins for iSeries Access Data Transfer in Excel 2007
How do I set up Add-Ins for iSeries Access Data Transfer in Excel 2007 Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue. "suriahseth" wrote: > How do I set up Add-Ins for iSeries Access Data Transfer in Excel 2007 1 Click on the Office button (the large circle at the top left of the application.) 2 Click on the Excel Options button. 3 In the resulting dialog, click on Add-Ins to view the installed add-ins for Excel. 4 Near the bottom of the dialog, there is a pull-down box of items to manage. Ensure Excel Add-ins is selected, and click on the Go button. 5 In the resultin...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

Question About Missing Data
So, this is probably really easy, but I just want to ask and see if I may be missing something here. Some data on vendor numbers changed. Let’s say IBM used to have a vendor number 12345 and now it’s vendor number is 56789. I can identify IBM as IBM, but I really want to use the number, not the name. Should I set up a table that ties the numbers together, so that Access knows 12345 = 56789? Or, should I do some kind of Update Query and change all incidences of 12345 to be 56789? Or, is there some other, method, like a ‘best practices for missing data’? Thanks! Ryan--- ...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

Outlook Data Files #4

Hyper link one column to another
I would like to have my columns hyper link one another. For example: Click on B2 would take you to N2, and vice-versa. Click on C2 would take you to O2... and so on through column j linked to V. Is this possible without having to make the link for each cell? This is a timesheet template and the columns b though J are the hours and N through V are the text comments for those hours. When I copy the template to a new sheet, there will be no data in any column. I would like to be able to enter an amount or formula (=end-start) for time spent and then be able to click on that cell and hyperlin...

Copying Publisher from One computer to another
I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What should I do? You can't, you have to install it from the CD. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jasmin" <Jasmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB558F1-525D-47BD-A54B-BC62C410D79E@microsoft.com... |I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't | seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What | shoul...

Reference: many to one
I have a form in which users enter information...I keep all controls locked until the user hits a command button to unlock particular bound controls. This works really well, but becomes cumbersome to code when new controls are added; e.g., adding the new control to the several event procedures attached to the form. Can anyone tell me how to refer to a group of controls once, e.g., give them a name; and then only have to refer to that name in the future? alex Alex I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. It sounds like you are describing a form that is being regularly modified....

find match then change cell value