Copy Charts

I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart into
another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture and
data as it is.

Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, choose Copy
Picture, and use the On Screen and Picture options. Go to the place you want
the chart image to appear, and use plain old Paste (Ctrl+V).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"archsmooth" <archsmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart
>into
> another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture and
> data as it is.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
9/18/2007 4:39:26 PM
Useful, but not what I am trying to do. The chart is its own worksheet. I
need to keep it that way, just without formulas. I do not want to copy the
chart as an object onto another Excel sheet with cells, but take the whole
worksheet as is.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, choose Copy
> Picture, and use the On Screen and Picture options. Go to the place you want
> the chart image to appear, and use plain old Paste (Ctrl+V).
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "archsmooth" <archsmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart
> >into
> > another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture and
> > data as it is.

Got it. Found the 'Break Links' function.

"archsmooth" wrote:

> Useful, but not what I am trying to do. The chart is its own worksheet. I
> need to keep it that way, just without formulas. I do not want to copy the
> chart as an object onto another Excel sheet with cells, but take the whole
> worksheet as is.
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
> > Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, choose Copy
> > Picture, and use the On Screen and Picture options. Go to the place you want
> > the chart image to appear, and use plain old Paste (Ctrl+V).
> >
> > - Jon
> > -------
> > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> > Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> > Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> > _______
> >

> > "archsmooth" <archsmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart
> > >into
> > > another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture and
> > > data as it is.

A point of terminology. A worksheet is an Excel sheet that has cells, rows,
columns, data. It may contain embedded objects, including charts. When an
excel chart on its own tab, and the tab is not a worksheet, it is called a
chart sheet.

- Jon
-------

> Useful, but not what I am trying to do. The chart is its own worksheet. I
> need to keep it that way, just without formulas. I do not want to copy the
> chart as an object onto another Excel sheet with cells, but take the whole
> worksheet as is.
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, choose Copy
>> Picture, and use the On Screen and Picture options. Go to the place you
>> want
>> the chart image to appear, and use plain old Paste (Ctrl+V).
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> _______
>>

>> "archsmooth" <archsmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart
>> >into
>> > another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture
>> > and
>> > data as it is.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
9/18/2007 6:27:34 PM
I have the same problem as well when I tried to copy a single worksheet which
contains a chart or copy a worksheet and a chart as a group using the Ctrl
key.

I came up with this error when I use Scatter Chart, I haven't actually tried
others yet. But here are some findings.

1) This error occurs always occurs if the chart is a separate sheet.
2) This error occurs if there are more than one series.
3) This error does Not occurs when there is only one series and the chart is
an object of the referenced worksheet

I hope this error can be solved as I urgently need to process quite a lot of
data with it.

"archsmooth" wrote:

> I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart into
> another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture and
> data as it is.
0
KO (7)

possible to equisize charts (6) in chart sheet?
My chart sheet has six charts on it; arranged in two columns of three charts each. The "snap to grid" feature is nice yet I am having difficulty getting all six of the charts to be the same size/dimension. Is there a shortcut for doing this or is it necessary to simply "eyeball" the heights and widths of the charts? I am hoping there is a way to automatically "tile" the charts. Thank you. Andrew - I usually use a regular worksheet for this, a blank one without all those numbers cluttering it up. When you drag and stretch charts on a worksheet, holding...

How can I copy Double-Click event behavior to multiple shapes in Visio
Hi, How can I copy the double-click event behavior to many shapes in my Visio drawing? I'd rather not have to visit the ShapeSheet for each shape and paste the formula into the EventDblClick field, since I have a lot of shapes to do this to. Is there a way to do that? Thanks, Joe Either write some VBA code to set the Dbl-Click property or try Visio's ShapeStudio that comes with the SDK kit. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/com...

Excel Charts
I would like to easily/quickly toggle series in an Excel chart on an off. What I would really like to have is some way to click on a serie in the legend next to my chart and have that series data disappear fro my graph. Then I need to be able to click that series again in th legend and have the data reappear on the graph. I don't think Excel ha this capability built-in, so I'll have to create an add-in or macro Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! I think you might find this site will help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html Alf ...

Charting in 2 axises
I need to chart on 2 axises showing the data as two separate columns next to each other. When I chart the two columns I lose my second axis on my chart. When I show my second axis on the chart, then the two columns are laid on top of each other. I want my second axis to show but I want the two columns to show as separate next to each other. What about changing your chart to a 3d model. 3d models can be panned to any angle which will enable you to see overlays. It's too bad there's not an image pasting function here. I have some graphs that are 3d that might make more sense ...

Evaluation Copy
I've having difficulty obtaining a copy of an EVAL for this product. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? All I've found is a CD that contains flash demos. Thanks in advance. Any reseller can provide an evaluation copy. To locate a reseller in you area, go to: http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/products/mbs/retail/detail.mspx Click the "Buy" button. At the bottom of this page, there is a link to find a reseller in your area. Just put in your zip code and select "Retail Management" and you should get a list of local and national resellers to p...

Referencing Chart Data?
I have a chart that is referencing a series of data that are formulas. The formulas return an average for the specified array. I am needing to find out how to keep the chart from considering the blank cells as zero values. I have tried having the formula return a "" (blank) value if false, but it still shows up in the chart as a zero value. Do you know the answer to this? -- Thank you! I don't know if this varies by version of Excel, so I'll just respond with what works in 2003: If you don't mind a continuous graph, try returning the N/A value by using ...

Allow save copies of message option to be set by account
Hello, I'm using IMAP for the first time, but also have POP3 accounts with no IMAP support in Outlook 2007. I want to save a single copy of my sent messages, after they are actually sent. I can't do this in OL 2007, or at least if I can, without a bunch of rules tinkering and/or negating a benefit of IMAP. I don't like the rules setup, because it sends a copy of my POP3 e-mail to the sent items folder when I hit the send button, not when the e-mail is actually sent. I'd like to have the ability to set the option of saving copies at the account level. Now, either I can...

Excel Table/Chart to JPEG for Web
I'm looking for a simple (read cheap) program that I can copy/paste or print into and adjust the pixel count (keeping aspect ratio) and resolution (dpi) for upload to web in jpeg format. Ideas? 1. Use gif or png, which are designed for line art and similar images, not jpg, which is designed for photos and is terrible at line art. 2. If you know VBA, you could use a command like this one from the immediate window or within a procedure: ActiveChart.Export ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Chart001.png", "PNG" 3. Check out John Walkenbach's Chart Tools utility, a...

Copy certain rows to new worksheet
Hi everyone I have 5 worksheets in my workbook. In each sheet, column A is left empty for the user to select a number from 1 through 6. This is actually for ranking the rows (1 being best, 2 second best and so on) Ranks 1 to 6 might be all on one sheet or they may all be on different sheets. I would like to have a summary that will copy these rows (1 through 6) onto a separate worksheet, done by macro or vba. Perhaps by looping through each worksheet and doing a copy?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave On Sep 15, 6:03=A0am, Dave <Dave.Bea...@lhsc.on.ca> wrote: > Hi ev...

how to copy cell with remark
Hi All How to copy cell with remark ? Excel : 2003 moonhkt On 1=E6=9C=8813=E6=97=A5, =E4=B8=8A=E5=8D=8810=E6=99=8226=E5=88=86, moonhkt= <moon...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All > > How to copy cell with remark ? > > Excel : 2003 > > moonhkt More Infrormation. I open two instance of Excel.exe. For compare excel side by side verify and copy. The remark or comment can not copy between 2 excel instance. When open 2 file in one Excel.exe, the comment can able to copy. After serious thinking leung eric wrote : > On 1月13日, 上�͈10時26�Ȇ, moonhkt <moon...@gmail.com>...

Ctrl Select and Copy Paste
I have a list of email addresses in Excel. I need to select non-adjacent email addresses and copy them into another program. I select them using the Ctrl key - but when I paste them into the other program it pastes all the addresses between the first one I select and the last one I select. I've tried pasting into Word - but I receive the same results. Does this copy/paste feature only work within Excel? Hi, I never noticed until your post. If you select as you do now with the Ctl key and paste into empty columns in Excel then copy THAT group, you'll get what you need. Qui...

Money 2005 charts
Just wondering if i should buy Money 2005... I know Money can generate bar graphs and pie graphs, but will it create line graphs of expenses/account balances? I just find this easier to view all of it on one graph with different lines. Some standard reports e.g. Net worth over time are already line graphs, and for most others you can customise the display type. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Andrew Rooke&quo...

I want help with charts
I want to create a waterfall or bridging chart? have a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html and http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall2.html -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Marton" wrote: > I want to create a waterfall or bridging chart? ...

copy&paste from other program+loop
hi! I want to import data from specific cell in another program. THis cell changes value once every second. What I would like to do is to import this value every time it changes to a new cell in excel. The time when this new value is added shall be added to another column next to this value. Can I do a copy&paste macro from an external file? Can anybody give me something to start with? best regards Anders --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hmm... Mayby it's too hard. Does anybody know the name of a program that cap "copy what you do (ex. mouse click, copy a...

How do I copy a customized Print format over to a new worksheet?
any assistance would be appreciated? Lots of print settings can be "Copied" over by grouping each sheet -- select the one with the correct page layout first. Then go into File|page setup and hit ok. Then ungroup your worksheets. If the worksheets are in different workbooks, copy the "master" to the other workbook, then do the work, and delete that copied worksheet. Jon Beard wrote: > > any assistance would be appreciated? -- Dave Peterson ...

Best way to add a chart?
Earlier I had asked for some help on how to proceed with this application. I have moved forward a little on my own but now I'm at a point where I really need a pro's recommendation. I am trying to build an application that will track printer usage. I am using a search interface that I downloaded form Allen Browne's web site (excellent stuff!!). My concept is this; 1. Interface allows user to choose search criteria based on type of pages printed, specific printer, and time frame of printer usage audit. 2. After user selects the criteria the form displays the filtered data and ...

Copy formulas, format, validation to sheet with values
Environment: Excel 2000, Win 2000 I have a workbook with 12 sheets, one for every month of a year, all the same size, same format, just different values. I am still making changes to the workbook application, e.g. formulas, formats, validation, conditional formatting. So I change the sheet for one month, and then have to get the changes duplicated for all the other 11 sheets in the workbook. What is the best way to do that, especially for the formulas? Paste Special with deleting the constants afterwards is not a solution here, as some of the target sheets already have values entered manually...

Formula for charts
Hi all, I have the following function define in one cell: =D49-D49*(B8^2) D49 is dynamic. However, B8 is a constant cell referring to a constant value. When I tried to copy the function to another cell, B8 is changed to B9. I only want D49 to change. How do I keep Excel from changing B8? Thanks! Hi, You need to use absolute references ($) rather then relative ones. =D49-D49*($B$8*$B$8) Cheers Andy PPP wrote: > Hi all, > > I have the following function define in one cell: =D49-D49*(B8^2) > > D49 is dynamic. However, B8 is a constant cell referring to a constant > v...

How do I create oversized Excel charts that will print directly
to a large format plotter. Setting page size and setting paper size in printer options does not work. Do you have the appropriate drivers for the plotter? Something made for Windows and for Office Applications? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ solarex wrote: > to a large format plotter. Setting page size and setting paper size in > printer options does not work. ...

Looking for way to reformat without so much copy and pasting
I receive data from a vendor, which I then have to reformat extensively. It is a large amount of copying and pasting as well as transposing (changing row data into columns) and it takes 2 - 3 hours each time I do this. I'm wondering if excel might have some built-in tools that could help streamline this. I'm considering writing a script that could help with this, but that probably isn't ideal because it wouldn't be able to handle the styling. Any ideas? If your new data is in a Source sheet, then in a destination sheet you can have formulae to copy the data from the Source s...

Pareto Chart #2
Sorry, I posted this in the Worksheet Function section by accident and it should be posted in Charts. Is there a way of creating a pareto chart in Excel 2003? Thank you, Karen This site gives a short tutorial on creating a Pareto chart in Excel . . . http://www.qualitydigest.com/oct97/html/excel.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "Karen" wrote: > Sorry, I posted this in the Worksheet Function section by accident and it > should be posted in Charts. > > Is there a way of creating a pareto chart in Excel 2003? > > Thank you, Karen > ...

Copy data from multiple worksheets to worksheets in a number of other spreadsheets
I have a performance spreadsheet containing multiple worksheets, each worksheet holds performance data for an individual fund. Each of these funds has its own spreadsheet containing static information about the fund. I need macro that will copy the performance data from the performance spreadsheet to each individual fund spreadsheet. The cells to be copied are the same for each worksheet (B2:D65). Each worksheet in the performance spreadsheet is named with a fund code, this fund code is also the name of the respective worksheet in each fund spreadsheet. I need the macro to copy cells B2:D65...

Data showing incorrectly on line chart
I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the chart itself, my data starts being placed at about 6,000 (for both 24 "F" calls and 649 "M" calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000 (for a figure that should only be just above 7000). When I hover over the points, it give me the right number, yet it shows it in the wrong place. I've tried to change the s...

Excel chart help!!!!!! Please!!!!
Heeeeeelp I have MS excel 2000. Every time I plot a chart the y-axis title (no labels) is incomplete (a few letters are missing off the end). It doe not let me change the title-box size via the usual route (i.e. draggin one of the corners with the mouse). If I change the font size of th title, the box also gets smaller and some of the title is stil missing. The x-axis is fine, only the y-axis is causing problems. The preset title allignment is at 90 degrees, and if I change the titl allignment to 0 degrees the whole title is visible. So the problem i only there when I have the y-axis title...

Changing color of a single gridline on a chart
I need to change the color of a single grid line on a chart. This is currently not allowed (at least I am not able to). When you change color all the grid lines take the same color. I need to change the color of a single grid line. Please help if you know the answer. You can't colour one gridline, but Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a horizontal line to a chart: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine Anise Ahmed wrote: > I need to change the color of a single grid line on a > chart. This is currently not allowed (at least I am no...