Copy CHarts using a MACRO

Hi All,

Would somebody help me please!!!

I have a workbook with two sheets.

The first sheet contains many tables that produce one pie chart based on the
data in each table.

My problem is that I want to copy each pie chart onto the other worksheet.
I created a macro that copies each pie chart to a new row on the sheet.  The
only porblem is that the macro will not work.  I get a run time error 1004
message.  Can anyone help.

My other problem is that I would like each pie chart to be copied to a new
row on the other worksheet and be placed in one of 5 colums depending on what
the score of one of the pieces of the pie is.  Example, Pie Chart 2 has 60% -
40% split, I am interested in the 40% and this should go in column b.  Pie
chart 3 has 30% - 70% split, this should go in column c.  Anyone have any
ideas on this one??

Regards
--
Mike

Help
I'm using XSLT and .NET Framework 1.1 to try to transform XML to group by multiple values, and I'm not succeeding. I have source XML that looks like the following: <Data> <Flavor> <Name>Vanilla</Name> <StartDate>20070704</StartDate> <EndDate>20071231</EndDate> </Flavor> <Flavor> <Name>Chocolate</Name> <StartDate>20070704</StartDate> <EndDate>20071131</EndDate> </Flavor> <Flavor> <Name>Strawberry</Name> <StartDate>20070804</StartDate>...

Using a microphone/headset to place phone calls
Anybody, I've been trying to use Outlook with my microphone/headset to place calls using the auto dial feature. I can hear the calls just fine but my voice is coming across almost inaudible. I've tested the microphone so I know it is working correctly. Do I need to adjust some dialing/modem setting(s) in Outlook before I can use microphone/headset? THANKS! Hi Bill, The way to test your mic is to ensure that it works in Recorder or some other Windows application. If that is also inaudible check your mixer setting for microphone as you may need to turn the extra gain control &quo...

How to use access 2007 external database paths
I have a database that several computers access. I have a query that is a union something like this: SELECT main.*,"list1" as owner FROM C:\path\test1.mdb.main where main.listname<>"condition" UNION Select main.*, "list2" as owner From C:\paths\test2.accdb.main Now this works fine from the hosting computer, but from another computer it doesn't. I am now using the shared drive name\path in a second query and advising users to use the correct query. this seems like a hack. Is there a way of making it so I can use just one query so all u...

Practical to use WinRM from outside NAT and hardware firewall?
Am I able to use WinRM/WinRS from outside a hardware firewall to run commands on machines located behind NAT and a hardware firewall? From outside the firewall, I want to be able to run Powershell commands or WinRS on machines inside the firewall and using NAT and not just for the one machine that might have http port 80 open and forwarded from the router/firewall but for any of the machines behind it. Is there some other recommended way to do any management from the "outside"? Thanks, Dave I don't know to tell you the truth. At the very least, you'll likely lo...

Macros don't work when file name changes
I created a workbook with many macros using the simple "record macro" tool. This fiel was saved in *.XLS format. It is intended to be a master fille and when you fill it out as a form you re-save it with a new name. the problem I am running into is that after I re-save it wit a new name the Macros won't work properly. I get an error message and when I click to run the debugger the macro lists the original workbook name. How do I fix this so that the macros work regardless of file name? Without seeing the code, my guess is that the macro recorder put explicit file...

If Statement that Copies to another Sheet
I am not sure how to create an IF statement that does the following: If a cell is >1 then copy the contents of another cell onto another sheet. Can this be done? And does this make sense Thank you for your help!! :confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It can't be done - worksheet functions can only return values to their calling cells. However, you can put this in the cell in your second sheet: J1: =IF(Sheet1!A1>1, Sheet1!B1, "") which will display the contents of Sheet1!B1 if Sheet1A1 > 1, else will display a null string. In...

2007- unwanted column chart n/a labels displaying
I am using Excel 2007 and have found that I cannot get the NA() labels to NOT display. As desired, there is no column where the cell values are na() but the labels for those cells are displaying as "N/A". How do I keep these labels from appearing? Interesting. I made a Line chart with =NA() and the points were joined (as expected) When I added labels, the #N/A did NOT appear A copy of the same charge was changed to a Column chart and the #N/A does appears But then, with a column chart you could just leave the cell blank. What type of chart are you using? best wishes -- Bernard...

How to set cell validation in excel using name range?
I have 2 worksheets in my workbook. First worksheet has name range (for example a1:b5 name = valName). In another worksheet I want to create cell validation as combobox by using value from range name "valName" in first worksheet as it source. How can I do that in C#? ...

What categories do I use when I reimburse owner for using his own
My husband and I have a small business. He prefers to use his personal American Express card to charge everything for the business and for personal items. He wants the points. However, at the end of the month, he pays Amex with a check out of his personal checking account and I add up all the receipts for items he charged for the business and write him a check from the business to reimburse him. This is probably Accounting 1-0-1 but what are the proper categories & sub-categories to record this transaction? I use MS 2005 Small Business but own practically every year prior. ...

refer to same row in other columns by using entire column in formula
Context I have lots of columns of data which I want to do calculations on, and i always want to consider the same row only. I would like to use names in the formulas to make it easier to keep track of which columns are being used. So it's not as if I have a problem at the moment, just that it could be easier to follow if i used named ranges. Now, I noticed a 'feature' of excel and was wondering if it is safe to use. Here it is: Column A has, say, row numbers in it, so A1 has a 1, A2 a 2, etc. If in cell B1 I type: '=A:A', the result is 1. Below is cell th...

Why do I get a runtime error when I am using online help?
When I click on online help I am getting runtime errors ...

Using Subtotals
I have a spreadsheet (table) that I plan to use sub-totals. Is it possible to have a calculated column to the right of the table on each subtotal row (e.g. Column B:99 / Column A:99)? What if a data refresh adds a new grouping? Hi, What exactly do you want to calculate in the column to the right? Are you trying to divide the subtotal of column B by subtotal of column A? What version of Excel are you using? When you say table do you mean you have defined the range as a table? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JimP" wrote: > ...

chart type #3
On a number of occasions I have selected XY chart type with points only. When the chart is drawn the type is XY chart with points and lines. Has anyone else had this problem? Why would the chart type change? Thanks for any help. mk Hmmm. I can't replicate your problem. Can you give more specifics? Wigi "mk" wrote: > On a number of occasions I have selected XY chart type with points only. > When the chart is drawn the type is XY chart with points and lines. Has > anyone else had this problem? Why would the chart type change? > > Thanks for any help. ...

Charts created in Excel 2003 are not showing up in excel 2007
I have several charts that are displayed as their on worksheets in excel 03 but don't show up in excel 07 how can i fix it so that these charts will display? "RLang07" wrote: > I have several charts that are displayed as their on worksheets in excel 03 > but don't show up in excel 07 how can i fix it so that these charts will > display? I had this exact problem when I upgraded from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 on my Vista (Home Premium) system. I couldn't work out what the problem was and had given up trying to solve it... However, I somehow managed to fix...

Raw Material Where USed Report??
When we running SBF, we had a Where USed report telling us where a particular raw material was used(finished good assembly). We can't seem to find this report in GP 10. We do have the BOM module. Thanks, Dick at VPI Assuming you mean that you are utilizing the BOM feature from the Manufacturing module (and not Inventory), then the "Where Used" functionality is contained within the BOM Entry window (Cards >> Manufacturing >> Bill of Materials). Two radio buttons exist just above the pane at the bottom left of the window where the BOM tree view app...

Can I set up a template for essay using the MLA format?
I'm very new to using word and publisher. Can I set up a template in one or the other for MLA and APA formats for essays to reuse? I'd suggest Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "cwshjf" <cwshjf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82D2A2DC-D994-4B7A-BF9D-0496BAE0CF91@microsoft.com... > I'm very new to using word and publisher. Can I set up a template in one > or > the other for MLA and APA formats for essays to reuse? As JoAnn stated, Word is more suite...

Copy and Paste crashing Outlook 2003 with Word Email Editor
When I copy and paste from IE 6 into a new email message with Word enabled as the email editor, the new message crashes. Anyone seen this? ...

Prevent formats from copying
Hello. This is probably a really elementary question, but I just cannot work it out. When filling in cells by dragging (in any direction), I want the data to appear but not the fill colours, etc. I've hunted high and low and cannot fathom how to prevent this from happening. This happens in every file, so I'm guessing it's a general option. Help, anyone? :) If you rightclick and drag that autofill button, you'll see some options when you let go. There's an option (at least in xl2003) that shows "fill without formatting". Weirdism wrote: > > Hello....

Copy and paste an image
I am trying to copy and paste a entire screen into Excel 2007. I tried using Alt and Print Screen and then paste it into Excel but it does not work. Any suggestions of what I am doing incorrect? Thanks, Bill Try CTRL ALT PRTSCR instead. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Bill" wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste a entire screen into Excel 2007. I tried using > Alt and Print Screen and then paste it into Excel but it does not work. > > Any suggestions of what I am doing incorrect? > > Thanks, > > B...

DR planning
I=92m trying to figure out what we should do about creating an offsite copy of the media which holds our company=92s software. The cds for application software. Is it legal to make iso's and backup to tape? What do other companies do relating to this topic? Hello techstress, The licensing you use is important and not the media itself. So make sure you have all needed licenses to be safe. From TechNet or MSDN you can download only .iso files for burning them to disc and have to use the license key acccording to the EULA/contract you have. Best regards Meinolf Weber ...

Copying data that is not set in a specific pattern
I have to put data in a column but to do that I have to manually type in =B18; =B53; =B88 etc. for aLOT of data points. The data is wregularly separated by 35 rows. Is there a shorter way of doing this? Hi! Copy the formula, hold down CTRL and select all cells where you want to put the formula, then paste the formula using Ctrl+V or Edit, Paste. Best regards Stefan H�gglund Microsoft "Zita du Toit" <ZdToit@amplats.co.za> wrote in message news:06a801c48f2a$e02adb80$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have to put data in a column but to do that I have to > manually type in ...

Chart data with zeroes
I have used an IF formula to replace blanks, zeroes etc. with #N/A as I thought charts ignored this. My source data is 2 columns as below displaying as a line chart: #N/A #N/A 0.20 0.0017497 0.40 0.0017613 0.60 0.0017538 0.80 0.0017459 1.00 0.0017397 1.20 0.0017358 1.60 0.0019809 2.00 0.0021619 #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A #N/A The #N/As are plotted as zeroes with #N/A displaying instead of a figure on the X axis. I need to get rid of the #N/As displaying on the X axis and have excel ignore them on the chart. Any help greatly appreciated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micr...

Why when I use hide columns / rows the undo does not work.
When I put commands in the spreadsheet with the right click and view code, then following this, the undo command no longer works. However, after I remove the code it (the undo) works again. Can you explain? ===================================================== Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Set TestCell = Range("AZ19") TestValue = "x" If TestCell = TestValue Then Range("A18:a20").EntireRow.Hidden = True Else Range("A18:a20").EntireRow.Hidden = False End If End Sub ===============================================...

Project Acctg-How do I set to use billing rate from empl.?
Where do I set the option to get the billing rate from the employee project screen? It is currently getting the rate from the cost category. Thanks I found the answer under Setup>>Project>>Timesheet Default Profit Types From "Glen" wrote: > Where do I set the option to get the billing rate from the employee project > screen? > > It is currently getting the rate from the cost category. > > Thanks ...

Howq to send using Thunderbird.
I'm using Word 2007 in Windows 7 (64 bit) and Thunderbird 3.0.3. I've verified that Thunderbird is the default mail handler. I've gone to the default programs control panel and double checked that Thunderbird is checked for MAILTO and Send mail, and that Outlook is unchecked for both. Despite this, whenever I try to send as email from within Word it opens up an Outlook message. I do use Outlook with a hosted exchange server but only use it for the non-email components. I never send mail through Outlook. Is there any way to get Word to use Thunderbird instead of Out...