copy and pasting dynamic charts

Is it possible to copy and paste a dynamic chart to reflect a differant data
range without having to difine names to reflect the new data series.

Cal

If you don't define new data, the chart can only display the old data.

One thing you could do is open a copy of the workbook, and paste the new data (use
paste special-values) on top of the old.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Cal@tech-etch wrote:

> Is it possible to copy and paste a dynamic chart to reflect a differant data
> range without having to difine names to reflect the new data series.
>
> Cal

Inability to chart a logartihmic values
I have been working on some mathematical formulas and equations and am trying to chart them. However I need to be able to have a logarithmic axis for one set of the values and do not know how to obtain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. To get a log scale, double click on an axis, click on the Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog that pops up, and check the Logarithmic Scale box. If you want to make the X axis into a log scale, make sure you have a scatter chart, not a line chart. The line chart treats the X values as nonnumeric categories, while the scatter chart treats them as ...

Why receive two copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. Could you see what is the problem on this? Thanks in advance, Ross Sorry to jump in here, but I have the same type problem. When I receive email from my co-workers, I get duplicates of those emails. It isn't all of them, but the majority. I am running Office 2003 with all updates. I also made sure that the box in the tools section to download the header and bo...

Gantt Chart Task dependencies
Hello, I already have an Excel Gantt Chart, however I need to include dependencies in there (As you can define in MS Project) Has anyone a suggestion for me how I can get this in? You can either write a bunch of formulas to try to capture the constraints, or you can bite the bullet and use a software package (e.g., MS Project) that includes the capability you require. It is even possible to integrate the two, so that Project uses Excel data (don't ask me how, I've never tried with Project). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials an...

Formulae for a score chart
I'm making a score sheet with results and the total result, but was wondering how I can make the position appear under the total (e.g First, second etc), in other words the formula. I'm sure there's a way it's just been a long day Thanks Nick There is rank; for example +RANK(B1,A1:A25,1) will show you where the value in B1 stands among values in A1:A25. the final argument ",1" is optional, but in this case makes it so that the lowest number has the "best" ranking. "Nick H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

Copy all emails to another user/pub folder automatically
Does anyone know a way to have all email being sent from some specified users CC'd to another user/public folder? I know on the properites of the store I can select the archive all emails option, but that's for loddy-doddy-everybody. Other than relying on the users to CC the other person, is there a way to modify the new mail form or some other way (NATIVE to EXCH2003) to do this? It would also be good if the sender can't remove the CC, but not 100% necessary. TIA -Joel On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:33:43 -0500, "Joel" <nunya@biz.org> wrote: >Does anyone kn...

Excel Truncating Leading Spaces when pasting data
Is there a way for Excel to not truncate leading spaces when data from outside of Excel has them. For example, I have a text file where some data has 1 leading zero, and some has 2, etc. I want to preserve that format when pasting to Excel, but they get truncated off. Is there a setting or something I can use to keep them. Excel XP, Office XP, Windows XP Thanks Hi Wayne Format the cells as text before you copy the data -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260001c427dc$0c643a40$a10128...

Incorrect dates when copying to a new workbook??
Hello. I'm hoping someone else has encountered this problem and knows how to fix it. I'm working with some older spreadsheets that have continually been updated for many years now. When I try to copy the sheet to a new book or just copy the cells of dates and paste them into a different workbook, the dates are behind by exactly 1,462 days. For example, I'll copy 12/31/03 into a new work book and it will appear as 12/30/99. How do I fix this? Thank you! Corey Hi Corey! You appear to have your new setting at the 1904 date system: Use: Tools > Options > Calculation...

Pivot Chart
I have a 900,000 record database in Access and I use EXCEL pivot chart to query the database. It works wonderfully, except when I add additional fields to the database and I need to add these fields in the pivot chart, I have to start all over again. Isn't there a quick way to add a field to the pivot chart query ? Appreciate reply to SoonLeng_Lim@myrealbox.com Hi lsl, Go to the pivot table wizard, hit the back button a couple of times, click the get Data button. You are now in Microsoft Query. Just drag the fields you need to the results pane... -- Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.n...

Chart Shows data wrong way around
Hi, I have this strange problem with a simple chart. Y Axis shows correct =A30.00 - and scaling upwards. X Axis is the problem. As you look at the chart the X axis displays the days correct 1 2 3 4 5 and so on. Now the problem is the actual bars read right to left, so day 1 has the bar over it for the last day and the last day has the bar for day 1. I am no way an Excel expert :) so if this is something very obvious then "opps" but any help is much appreciated on how to have them matching up correctly. I don't know why yours is backwards. If it is a horizontal bar chart, th...

copying files #3
I am writing a program to copy files from one directory into another directory. It consists of two list boxes, populated with the files of two different directories and a copy button between them. What I would like to do is to use the standard windows copy system. That is when you drag a file within windows explorer a animated copy dialog pops up and copies the files. I would like to do something similiar, but I am not really sure how to go about it. Roger On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 04:01:07 -0700, R.H. wrote: >I am writing a program to copy files from one directory into another >dir...

How to remove the copy and paste inhibit in word.
How do I remove the copy and paste inhibit in a word document. You will need to give us a further description of what you're trying to do and what result you're getting that is not expected. Where are you copying from? Is the document protected in any way? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "wordconfusion" <wordconfusion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA42C977-7574-4C57-A928-960E143256AC@microsoft.com... > How do I remove the copy and paste inhibit in a word d...

Updates & Hotfixes needed more often for Dynamic RMS
Updates & Hotfixes needed more often for Dynamic RMS -- Thank You Vince :) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a43c7a5d-fe8c-47f4-9aa1-b733c8faf272&dg...

stress / performance testing tool for Dynamics GP 10
Is there any stress / performance testing tool available for Dynamics GP 10? ------=_NextPart_0001_16D3B820 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. GP development may have special tools for creating or posting heavy GP activity, however we in support do not have access to them. As far as performance testing/troubleshooting, tools that test network latency and SQL performance are what we sometimes use for troubleshooting performance issues. These include SQL Profiler (built in with SQL) to create SQL traces and ensure there is ...

2 axis bar chart?
I need to create a two axis chart using columns for both data sets. One of the custom charts uses 2 axis, but requires a line rather than a column for one data set. Is there a way to use a separate column (not stacked) for each data set? Gordon - You don't need to constrain yourself to the abbreviated list of built-in custom chart types that come with Excel. Does this page describe what you want: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...

Slow Performance with Dynamic Grouping and ReportViewer In Local M
I'm having quite a problem with very poor performance in RS. This is definately not a data related problem. In order to find the bottle neck I have created two reports with one grouping. One has a normal static grouping expression of Fields!MyFieldName.Value while the other also has a static expression but of the form Fields("MyFieldName").Value. This because I need to use dynamic grouping and will replace "MyFieldName" with Parameters!MyGroupParam.Value when this problem is resolved. I am pulling 10k records into the DataSet with about 200 distinct values...

Copy and Paste #8
Thanks this actually worked with the exception that I should have bee more specific. I need the value of the cell only, not the formatting Sub test() Sheets("Final Tally & Print Sheet").Range("G19").Copy _ Sheets("Year to Date").Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1 0) End Sub QUOTE=Ron de Bruin]Try this to copy Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") t Sheet2 in the A column Sub test() Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1").Copy _ Sheets("sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0...

Bubble chart that displays profit/loss clusters in a full day
I´ve tried to make a bubble chart that displays profit/losses for a day trader in the forex market. But I cant get it rigt. The chart gets all wrong. What I try to is as follows: The Y axis should be the time of day when the trade was placed and the x axis should be the profit or loss (positive or negative number) Preferably a loss should display as a red bubble and a profit should display as a blue bubble, increasing in size with the size of the profit/loss. Therby I will be able to identify the time when profit or loss clusters. Here is a example of the dataset: $ ...

active chart option
How do I activate the "Active chart" option in "Chart" tab of "Options" selection under the "Tools" menu? I can see it but I can't activate it. Regards, giacomo Hi giacomo, Try selecting the chart before going to Tools > Options Cheers Andy giacomo wrote: > How do I activate the "Active chart" option in "Chart" > tab of "Options" selection under the "Tools" menu? I can > see it but I can't activate it. > Regards, > giacomo -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope...

Problem copying notes
This is really getting frustrating. I'm asking the question again. When I try to copy the notes in the Notes folder to another folder by selecting all notes, copying it and then pasting it to new folder, I get the following message: "Creating a new item from the selected items could take some time. Are you sure you want to create a new item from these 292 items?" When I click Yes, i get the message: "Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." I closed everything except outlook, tried it again and i get the same message. Ques...

Extract values off a chart???
Dear Excel Experts: I have created a scatter chart of x and y values. Having done this, is it at all possible to extract intermediate values from the chart. For example, can I call out a value on the x axis and somehow have the program interpolate a value along the y axis where the x axis value would intersect. If this can't be done, then can someone tell me how to interpolate from the data that was used to create this chart? Here's what I have: the x axis is a series of values that represent rainfall storm duarations in minutes, i.e. 10 min, 30 min, etc. The y axis value...

copy a specified name range
I have an estimating program file with 30+ worksheets in which I need to be able to specify a specific range name from four available, then paste the data from a 5 column by 6 row range relating to that named range to a different worksheet to calculate overheads, field supervision, AFDC and profit using the specified range name (the four range names have different values). I think an 'IF' statement would work but I do not know how to tell it to choose the range and then paste it to the specific area on the 1st worksheet and be able to overwrite that data if another range name i...

Multiple instances of Dynamics CRM 4.0 on one domain
Hi, Does anybody know if this is possible. We had CRM installed on one server on the network and then attempted to install another instaance on a Virtual Server, but on the same domain. both connecting to their own local SQL Server DBs). The version on the Virtual Server works OK but now the original version doesn't work. If you try to browse it as any user you get the message: Access Error The system could not log you on. This could be because your user record or business unit you belong to has been disabled Any help would be appreciated Thanks On Jun 30, 12:05=A0pm...

micro charts
micro charts in excel. has anyone used them? Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by micro chart, but some people have created chart which display in single cells, their (chart type) name slips my mind. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "JOHNK" wrote: > micro charts in excel. has anyone used them? Johnk Microcharts is a major topic, they are also know as sparklines (Tufte). I have a tutorial on how to make a chart in a cell which lets you control chart size by cell size. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_chart_in_cell.htm Ask ET (Tufte) has an extensive discussion page d...

macro for making chart across sheets
hi! I have tons of data on different worksheets and I tried to create a macro to plot a chart for each set of data But the macro will only work on the original data. Every time I run the macro on a new worksheet, it plots the original data. How can I fix this? Thanks Minhao Wong Range("A7:B407").Select Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterSmoothNoMarkers ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A7:B407"), _ PlotBy:=xlColumns ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet With ActiveChart ...

Chart headings
How can I insert a cell reference as a chart heading such that the cel datum will appear in the chart as the heading? Similar for x-axis an y-axis headers -- bac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2595 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39326 Hi, I have a explanation of linking chart labels to cells. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy bacs wrote: > How can I insert a cell reference as a chart heading such that the ...