converting chart to spreadsheet?

how can i revert back to my spreadsheet from a chart?
thanks
0
chart (14)

You mean you have a chart but don't have the data it was created from? This
article in the Microsoft knowledge base describes a macro that will extract
data from a chart.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;137016

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"excel chart" <excel chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can i revert back to my spreadsheet from a chart?
> thanks

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Attaching Chart to Email?
I have an Excel spreadsheet, and derived from it 5 charts. How can I attach one of the charts to an email to send to someone? (I know how to attach the whole spreadsheet, and the associated charts, but I don't want to send the spreadsheet and the other 4 charts, because they contain data not appropriate to share with the email recipient.) Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Hi CWLee Try this example http://www.rondebruin.nl/mai...

Why when I print out a spreadsheet on Excel it doesn't have lines
Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper when I print out my spreadsheet using excel? Go to the File menu and choose Page Setup. There, select the Sheet tab and put a check mark in the Gridlines checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "johnson001" <johnson001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9FAA5D-7856-4680-8F08-BB0D999F5C05@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper > when I print > out my spreadsheet using excel...

Copy Charts
I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart into another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture and data as it is. Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture, and use the On Screen and Picture options. Go to the place you want the chart image to appear, and use plain old Paste (Ctrl+V). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "archsmooth" <archsmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

convert AUTOCAD file to a shape
How do i convert a autocad file to a shape in visio process engineering shart. When i try the created stencil that is supposed to contain my new shape, is emty. Anyone know how to solve this? Hi Isabella, Did you use the Convert CAD Library add-on? Its located under Tools > Add-ons > Visio Extras. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP Free Visio shapes: http://www.visguy.com/category/shapes Visio programming info: http://www.visguy.com/category/programming/ Other Visio resources: http://www.visguy.com/visio-links/ "Isabella" <Isabella@discussions.microsof...

Converting a string date field/node in an XML document to Date type in a dataset
I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of converting an XML document to a dataset. I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the Dataset to a datagrid, and I using the sort facility to sort by date. Currently the dates are being treated as strings. ree32@hotmail.com (ree32) wrote in message news:<7606ccc8.0409192108.3cbebe24@posting.google.com>... > I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of > converting an XML document to a dataset. > > I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the ...

bar chart prints 1 unwanted horizontal row of dots & tick marks?
Office Excel 2007. Anyone encounter this? The sheet I'm printing is 19 columns wide by 69 rows high with portrait orientation. Bar chart is set between row 25 and 47 horizontally. The x-axis is increasing months. 2 vertical bars are set between the major gridlines. It so happens that the chart vertical gridlines are very close to lining up with the spreadsheet cells above/below the chart. Print preview shows nothing unusual, but when printed, 1 row right throught the middle of the chart has 1 to 2 dots and a character high tick mark appear to the right of each right most(second) bar...

Stacked Bar Chart Over 100%
Currently have a stacked bar chart showing to 100% (the plan) by 8 clients, how can I show that 3 of the 8 will be over 100% (greater than plan)? Brian, If this is a normalized chart (the one on the right in the chart types), it will always be 100%. You'll have to use the middle one. Are these percentages (as they appear in the worksheet)? If so, use the regular stacked chart (the middle one), and the axis should adjust to accomodate whatever your greatest percentage is. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "Brian" <Bri...

adding something so a spreadsheet can be emailed as an attachment
I would like to add something visual on a spreadsheet (which is an order form) so after my customers have filled it out they can SIMPLY click a "button" and it will automatically send to my email address the completed spreadsheet as an attachment, IS this possible? Thanks Vid Is it possible to assign a Macro to do something like this ? Maybe you could add a button from the Forms toolbar and assign a macro that does the emailing. Ron de Bruin has lots of sample code that may help. If you have followup questions, you may want to include as much info as you know about your custom...

Converting from page-layout program to Word
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003. I have a document that was formatted for some ancient page-layout program that won't even run under Windows XP, so I'd like to put it all into Word. It's currently in a tag-style format; for example, to italicize some section, it needs surrounding tags, like this: <W0I>Passage to be italicized.<D> The document is huge, so I need to use Replace all to turn all of these into italics in Word. Is there a way to turn such passages, wherever they occur, into italicized text in Word, dropping the tags on either sid...

Save chart (that's on a chart sheet) to html file?
In Excel 2007, is it no longer possible to publish a chart that is on object in a worksheet to an html file? In Excel 2003, you had the option to choose a chart as the item to publish. That no longer seems to be available. ...

Transferring Excel Spreadsheet into Access
I work in a Real Estate Brokerage Firm. We need to transfer our current excel based spreadsheet into Access. Our goal is to utilize Access for superior Database Management while maintaining Excel's calculator functions. Is that feasible and if so, how? Also can this be done in an HTML environment? Thanks. Nancy From my perspective, Excel provides strong "calculator" functions, as you describe it, while Access, as a relational database, offers strong database functionality. These represent two different tools. What about "Database Management" (whatever you mean by...

Aligning tick marks and labels on line charts or scatter charts
I have the following data: X Y 1 0.2 2 0.8 3 0.5 4 0.7 I would like to plot it using a line chart or a scatter chart with X on the horizontal axis and Y on the vertical. I would like the X range of the graph to go from 0.5 to 4.5, so that the first and last point are NOT on the extreme edges of the graph. I would like the X axis to be labelled only at 1, 2, 3 and 4. I would like a tick mark aligned with each of these labels. Is this possible in Excel? Here is what I am finding... Using a Line chart: Option 1. The range is correct (0.5 to 4.5), and the labels are correct, but the tick marks ...

regarding allocation of chart series point colors
Greetings and thanks for your time I have labels A,B,C,D and data series of values a%, b%, c%, d%. This series is sorted into ascending order of values and feeds a bar chart (ie a Pareto chart). I would like to display this data also on a Pie chart, but would like to keep the same series point color for A,B etc. regardless of how the updated values change the rank order (say, C,B,A,D). Presently, if say, point A is dark blue at the start of the order and then after updating the % scores point A moves down to 3rd in the order, point A will take on another color. Any advice will be appreci...

Charting data by date
Hi, I'm new to Excell 2002, and have made worksheets with data refreshed from the Web. However I can't get it to show up on a chart with dates on the X axis. Have the axis formatted OK, but how does it collect its data? Have tried a simple worksheet with manually entered data & the dates entered in column A, but still can't get a chart to work. ...June. Jon Peltier has a charting tutorial that may help you get started: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html When you manually enter data and dates, what problems do you have with the chart? June wrote: >...

ow to create comparison chart using text as value data?
lplease help me. I am trying to set up a comparison chart of 3 computers cost and features! I cannot figure out how to use the features as values on the x or y axis says data range is to complex so cant select rows or columns. I am trying to enter the features as my source data too bungled dont know what to do term project is now overdue and I am stressing out!~ Dont want to fail. please help me!do i have to redo the whole chart or what any suggestions and demonstration would be deeply appreciated. thanks, Dee Johnson The first thing you need to do is think how the chart should look. Wh...

VB Chart > Excel
I have a vb program that pulls data from a database and displays it onscreen. This includes a chart - is there a quick way of bascially copying this chart into an excel spreadsheet via code from my program? I have already got my listboxes and so on to fill in their info onto a new blank sheet, but the chart is also going to be handy. I assume one way is to copy all the data from the chart to a hidden sheet and use that maybe, but I am hoping I can do something simpler... Ta, James. James - Make a template that has some dummy data and the chart you like, already formatted. Create a new fil...

Can MS Works spreadsheet be imported into Excel?
Have tried to import a Works spreadsheet to Excel - have just updated to Excel and would have thought the two would be be compatible and seamless; when I try this I get an error.Any thoughts on how to do this or if it even can be done? In the File/Open dialog box, if you click the arrow next to "Files of Type", you'll see the list includes Microsoft Works 2.0. If your file is from a later version of Works, I believe you need to open it again in Works and save in either Works 2.0 or Excel format. The other option is to buy a converter like Dataviz' Conversions Plus for US$...

Converting Publisher 2003 to PDF
When I convert a 2003 Publisher document to Adobe 6 Standard my Hyperlinks are not active, any ideas, when I convert a Word doc it works fine. Thanks What program are you using to create the pdf file? I use PDF-XChange to create a pfd file out of a Publisher file and my hyperlinks are active. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Blake" <Blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF891A30-893D-4ABB-8DE3-4668927EDDB7@microsoft.com... > When I convert a 2003 Publisher document to Adobe 6 Standard my Hyperlinks > are not active, any ideas, when I convert a Word doc i...

Finding the last row in a spreadsheet
Hi all. I'm a relative newbie to using Excel and am stumped. I'm trying to find the last (non-zero) value in a column. The cells all have a function in them presently like =IF(C8>0,SUM(B8:C8)," ") presently so that the cell truly is not empty. I've tried using =LOOKUP(2,1/(D2:D350>0),D2:D350) but it displays nothing since all the cells have a value (the function above). How do I find the last cell having a numeric value (which is what the first function provides)? Any help is greatly appreciated. It's because you don't use empty as opposed to space &...

hOW DO I CREATE A TWIN BAR CHART?

convert a power point slide index to publisher
How can I convert a power point program to publisher. Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "mike" <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59F29BB7-2C39-48C5-95AF-75BE5854144F@microsoft.com... > How can I convert a power point program to publisher. ...

automatically adjust charts
I am always charting 2 years of data. I have 2 spread sheets, one has multi charts and the other is all the data for the charts. I'm tracking about 6 different data points in a line chart. Each month the data sheet gets the previous months production data. I'd like to have it automatically adjust the charts. Drop the oldest month and add the newest month to the chart. That would save me the time of manually updating the charts. -- Baltimore Ravens Ravens Fan: You can make things a lot easier for yourself by creating a dynamic chart that plots the 24 months of data, or whateve...

Opening Excel Spreadsheet on a tab #3
Not really what I am looking for. As I will be displaying differen sheets depending on what link is clicked, I don't need to have default sheet, instead I need to specify a different sheet to b displayed before excel is opened. i.e. A link for the prices sheet opens the spreadsheet on the price sheet, and straight after there is a link to the sales sheet, whic opens the spreadsheet on the sales sheet on the spreadsheet. Hope that makes more sense, Dav -- david.willi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- david.willis's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

Convert Compile Split Compact DB
What should I do? I created an app in A2003. Want to distribute as MDE Split in 2000. MDB file created in A2003 as A2000 file. From what I understand, I should: Take db to my A2000 machine. Compact and Repair Compile Compact and Repair Create MDE File Compact and Repair Spilt Database Compact and Repair Souond about right? Split the database first. Only convert the front-end to an MDE (there's no advantage to making the back-end an MDE) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "MBoozer" <MBoozer@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Best Line chart to use?
I'm trying to create a chart that shows the run time (in minutes) o data backups at work. They start at various times from 00:00 to 23:59, with varying lengths. 3-D looks the best on paper, where it seems best to have the 24 hou clock across the x-axis with the run time as the Z-axis. I then need t somehow have each server running 'into' the graph for the run time This allows me to have a few 'stacked' on top of each other in cas multiple servers all start to backup at say, 03:00. Only I can't get it to work..lol Can you suggest a more relevant chart type, or if not...