Convert xlusrgal.xls to Excel 2007 Chart Templates

I have some users who used the xlusrgal.xls file stored in
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\excel
to store their own chart templates in Excel 2003.

This doesn't seem to work in Excel 2007, and I see they have replaced it by
Chart templates (.crtx).  These chart templates need to be stored in a
'Charts' folder underneath the regular template path.

The issue I have is that we lock down the template path for the firm (both
user and shared), but we want to allow users to create their own chart
templates by storing them to their profile as they could in 2003.

Any suggestions?
0
Bee (19)

I'm sorry for having THE solution but I share your problem and don't seem to
have found almost anything about it. The closest I got to was the following
link but I haven't tried it out yet with 2007:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/msg/210f8a219326de1a

"Bee" wrote:

> I have some users who used the xlusrgal.xls file stored in
> C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\excel
> to store their own chart templates in Excel 2003.
>
> This doesn't seem to work in Excel 2007, and I see they have replaced it by
> Chart templates (.crtx).  These chart templates need to be stored in a
> 'Charts' folder underneath the regular template path.
>
> The issue I have is that we lock down the template path for the firm (both
> user and shared), but we want to allow users to create their own chart
> templates by storing them to their profile as they could in 2003.
>
> Any suggestions?
0
Suse (5)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

learning Excel #3

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

outlook 2007 e-mail

Excel VBA