Control charting #2

How did I build a true control chart that has the mean in the middle, the
control limits; mean +-2(stdev) and mean               +-3(stdev), see
below.  I have attempted to use both scatter and line charts and then
manipulate the axis, but that only works for the X and Y axis and does not
give me the mean line or control limits on the right.  Ideas? I'm sure that
I'm making this more difficult than I need....

mean+2(stdv)30.1
mean-2(stdv)13.3
Mean  21.7
mean+3(stdv)34.3
mean-3(stdv)9.1

Day # treated
1    25
2    19
3    17
4    15
5    20
6    24
7    30
8    19
9    16
10   23

Thanks
- Jeff

0
JRH

Hi,

Take a look at Jon's example.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

lookup with 2 criteria
I'm working on utility data for a chain of stores. I need to lookup an account number based on both facility # and meter # b/c some facilities have multiple meters. This formula only matches the account # and does not cross reference meter #. =VLOOKUP(A96,Gaps!$A$8:$D$2102,3) A96 = fac # on sheet 2 Gaps!A8:D2102 = where data is kept On gaps page, fac # is column A, account # is column C, meter # is column D Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom! Hi try the following array formula entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =INDEX(Gaps!$C$8:$C$2102,MATCH(1,(Gaps!$A$8:$A$2102=A96)*(Gaps!$D$8:...

How do I print 2 charts to 1 page?
Hi Cloudy Maybe http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Cloudy Amie" <Cloudy Amie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9890E25-B186-4140-B829-AEF7EB1ED109@microsoft.com... > ...

Office Chart doubt
Hi, I try to create a chart using Office Chart Component 9. I set the type of the WCChart object as chChartTypeScatterLine, WCSeries object1 as chChartTypeScatterSmoothLineMarkers. WCSeries object2 as chChartTypeScatterSmoothLine. But the type applied to series 2 is always set to series object 1. void CImageCalibChartCtrl::ChangeType() { CWCCharts aCharts = myChartCollection.GetCharts(); CWCChart aChart = aCharts.GetItem(COleVariant((short)0)); aChart.Select(); aChart.GetSeriesCollection().GetItem(...

Importing Text Files #2
Anyone know how to create an overflow for text files? I import massive amounts of data from a text file into Excel, and I always must do this several times after opening text file and deleting top 62000 lines. I found a macro online once, and had it set up on my computer, but have since reformatted and lost the macro. Anyone know where to find this macro again? Or know how to force the import to continue on a second sheet? THank you in advance for any help..... Adam HI, Play with this code - it'll ask you how many lines to put on a page before adding a new page and filling it u...

ActiveX control and design mode
Hi, is it possible for an activex control to tell the container to invoke the controls design mode? I'm developing an activex control to be used in office, and I would like the control to start in design mode when inserted into powerpoint for instance. Regards Johan ...

Outlook 2000 in XP #2
I've just installed my copy of Outlook 2000 onto my new computer that has Windows XP, and I'm confused by the fact that when I send/receive, I'm no longer told how many messages I'm receiving. Is this no longer information they think I'm interested in, or is it some option I'm just not finding the switch for anywhere? It never was an "option" before, and it certainly IS information I want to know - am I in the midst of receiving 4 messages or 40! Anyone know? Thanks! Lisa Can we assume you were using Outlook 2000 on your previous computer also? A...

2 Questions #3
What are some -strategies- to testing formulas? :confused: Please describe the steps to creating a chart. :confused: Thank you! :cool -- shein ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sheiny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26857 Hi Sheiny If you want to know the correct way to create a chart - these are the steps. Enter ytour data into the cells. Select the data and then click on the Chart Wizard on the Standard Toolbar - (the one w...

Pivot Chart, line graph w/ multiple series
I have columns of cust, year, est sales, actual sales. Customer is put in page area, year is put on category axis. I can add est sales to data area and will have one line. But when I add the actual sales to the data area, it does not show as a line, but adds itself to the category x axis. Am I missing something? If you are adding the field directly on to the PivotChart, consider using the associated PivotTable. Is the 'actual sales' column part of the data field or one of the the row/column fields? Ensure it is a data field. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel ww...

Chart does not show up in print preview and wont print?
I have chart that is a workbook page but when I select print preview it does not shown up, only a blank pages comes up. And so it wont print. How can I fix this? I have Office 2007 and I can not select set print area or clear print area, they are shaded out. ...

NDR Problem #2
Hi All, I have a problem. In my installation of Exchange in SBS 2003 whe I use Outlook such as client everything is ok. If I use Outlook Express (or different client using standard SMTP) when I mistake the email address I do not receive the NDR from the server. Some suggestions? Thanks Bonato Pierantonio P.S. I use the same windows account for outlook and express Hi, by default exchange SMTP service is deliver a NDR, you can check under the SMTP Virtual Server or the routing group (Delivery Advanced), if something changed from the defaults you can see it over there. Cheers, N. -- ...

Pie Charts
Hey guys..I am having trouble with the auto formats on excel charts. Specifically, when I make a pie chart the size and wording are not properly spaced. Every time the information changes I have to manually realign everything. Does anyone know how to make it so it everything fits automatically. Thanks again. CHip ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements ...

Reflect cell contents into another worksheet #2
I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell contents in a second worksheet. I simply do not make use of MS Excel97 often enough to remember the procedures ! Please help. Regards, ~ Vince ~ hi on sheet 2 in your specific cell put this =sheet1!A1 regards FSt1 "Vince" wrote: > > I have forgotten how to reflect data that is present in one worksheet > cell into a specific cell of a second worksheet. IOW, repeat cell > contents in a second worksheet. > > I simply do not...

Bar Chart #9
I have a spreadsheet like below and I want to make separate (but the same format) bar charts for each week The top-left cell starts at cell A1 (The numbers below are hours) This is a spreadsheet to log the amount of hours lost in the department and the reason why productivity was delayed for that time. Date Server Printer Temperature Network Data Control 4/28/08 4 4/29/08 5 4/30/08 5/1/08 1 5/2/08 3 Totals 4 8 1 5/4/...

visible controls
Visible controls In my form the code for making controls visible and invisible does not work. My code is the following: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me![supplierid] = 1 Then Me.RaufGrade.Visible = False Me.RaufCode.Visible = False Me.AralGrade.Visible = True Me.AralCode.Visible = True ElseIf Me![supplierid] = 2 Then Me.AralGrade.Visible = False Me.AralCode.Visible = False Me.RaufGrade.Visible = True Me.RaufCode.Visible = True End If End Sub Why is it so? Is it because the form is continous? How can I make it work? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.ac...

CRM 1.2 and Change Domain
Hi, I know Microsoft CRM is tightly integrated to Active Directory and Windows Domains. However, we've been acquired by another company to which we need to merge our systems to their AD. Our CRM has a lot of data and our current Windows domain should go after every systems are migrated. Does anyone ever tried a domain migration with a Microsoft CRM installed ? Do we need to export everything and then reimport everything? Thanks for your help! Sylvain Belanger Well, I would definately make sure you do a complete backup prior to doing anything. Depending on how they merge the Forests...

i have #name? at my control
i have #name? at my control. I cobined these functions (iif(), left(), right(),count() ,integer() and the concatenation sign(&)) to change numbers into texts on a form . It woked well as i wanted . after a perioud of using my system perfictly I faced this problem. i began trubleshooting to determine the cause . the cases noted by "help" missed the problem .i removed the ms_office and reset it up and checked the refernces and unchecked the microsft missing refernces. but the problem still faceing me . i copied my system in another computer is worked well. them i formated m...

multi-threaded control not destroyed on exiting the page?

how do i make a check box control other check boxes?
I have a form that has 5 check boxes. I'd like to have an additional check box that would check all of the other check boxes. Suggestions? Thanks In the AfterUpdate event of the 6th check box, put code: Private Sub Checkbox6_AfterUpdate Me.Checkbox1 = True Me.Checkbox2 = True Me.Checkbox3 = True Me.Checkbox4 = True Me.Checkbox5 = True End Sub Or, if you want all 5 unchecked when checkbox 6 is unchecked, Private Sub Checkbox6_AfterUpdate Me.Checkbox1 = Me.Checkbox6 Me.Checkbox2 = Me.Checkbox6 Me.Checkbox3 = Me.Checkbox6 Me.Checkbox4 = Me.Checkbox6 Me.Checkbox5 =...

Milestone Slip Chart Example
I am trying to create a milestone slip chart in EXCEL to track status o my project outside of our project planning and managemet tool. Doe anyone have an example of something they already use? Any help woul be greatly appreciated. Pet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Database #2
Please, I exclude a lot of message storage in my Exchange Private Database, near 4 GB. I made an online and offline desfragmenter procidure, but my priv.edb file stay with the same size, only priv.stm decrese a few MB. Please, what I can do to compact my Exchange Privat Database. Tanks, Luis http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Defragmenting-Exchange-Database.html But really, 4 GB is nothing for an exchange database. "Luis Buratto" <LuisBuratto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF36663B-9470-4202-8274-264479704B71@microsoft.com... > Please, >...

Year series shows wrong in chart
Hi all : using Excel 2003, I have what should not even be a problem that I cannot solve. I have a series of years in a column, 1970-2006 to be exact, and these are the labels for my x axis. When I insert chart this appears as 1,2,3,...instead of 1970, 1971, etc. It doesn't matter how I format that column, text, general, custom, nothing works. Why is it not just giving me the data in the format that is actually there and how can I get it? thanks for any help Bevin B. Try first entering the dates as dates. To check to make sure they're entered as dates, after entering the data c...

saving a workbook #2
I have a small problem and don't know if what I am trying to do is possible? I want to save a spreadsheet giving it a name which is entered into a cell within the sheet. I can do this manually by copying the contents of the cell and then pasting them into the file name box after selecting the 'save as' option. However, I need to simplyfy this for a non-excel literate colleague, so I want to record a macro to perform the whole process, when I record the macro and then run it, it simply reverts the cell in question back to it's original content and then tries to overwri...

Recipient Policies with more than one condition #2
Hi Guys, Listen i just had a server crash and i now need to resetup the Recipient policys for the various domains, I need to make a custom filter for anyone in a spefiic security group, and if possible i also would like it to contain a attribute of 1 for the distribution groups? I had is setup before for Description and and group attribute 1? but i think the first one would be better? please let me know as i can't recall the custom script???? Thanks in advance. Greg Remer Can you post what you want to do? Members of SecurityGroup1 OR Members of DistributionGroup1?? -- Bharat Sunej...

Copy data between 2 instances of Excel
Hello, I have 2 windows of Excel with data. The data are separated (not in one workbook). I would like to copy the data from one Excel to another via VBA or Macro. How can I do that ? Thanks If you look at the Object Model you'll see that Workbook is a collection. Any open workbook should be part of that collection. So, if you only have these 2 books open you should be able to switch from workbook(1) to workbook(20, using the sheets collection, and the cells collection, ranges, etc to grab the data from one book and copy or move this to the other. E.g. Workbooks(1).Sheets("...

SP3 Install Error #2
I have a problem installing V10 SP3 which has the following error when upgrading a company: ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]An explicit value for the identity column in table 'SVC00950' can only be specified when a column list is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON. I have tried it with and without the Native driver. How did our system get out of sync with the updates? GP is running on Srv2008 64bit and SQL2008, same machine in a test environment. Any help is much appreciated. Steve Steve, First, Check if you have Field Service registered. If not, You can run...