control a sub/function via a dropdown menu

Hello,

I have a dropdown menu on a chart. What must I do to control
a sub/function depending on the selection of the dropdown menu.
To make it clear .. every time I make a selection on the dropdown
menu a function should be executed. Hope somebody can help me!

Thanks in advance!
daMike

Mike -

The dropdown is a Forms Toolbar dropdown, so you can right click on it
to assign a macro.  Also, you can link it to a cell, and the cell holds
the index of the selected item.  So your macro can check the index, then
perform the appropriate actions.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

daMike wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a dropdown menu on a chart. What must I do to control
> a sub/function depending on the selection of the dropdown menu.
> To make it clear .. every time I make a selection on the dropdown
> menu a function should be executed. Hope somebody can help me!
>
> Thanks in advance!
> daMike

External functions
Is it possible to create a function library (as opposed to a class library)? And how to you access the functions in the library? For example, I would like to be able to call an external function that does some sort of conversion process such as below: Function Monday(ByVal dDay As DateTime) As Date Return dDay.Date.AddDays(-dDay.DayOfWeek + 1) End Function I would pass a DateTime variable to it, and it would return the Monday of that week. So how do I make this available to my application(s) without having to put it in each module? Thanks On 3/26/...

help with the incomprehensible non-functional bullets but I see
Hi, I signed on to get help with the incomprehensible non-functional bullet list feature but I see that there are so many messages with this problem and there is no real solution. The bullets in word 2007 are un-usable. I dont want to set them as a style I only want to select in certain places and I have to select where they go and where the indent is. I want a certain bullet list that I create. I dont want an extra tab between the bullet and the first letter. I have to keep hunting for the bullet list I created each time. I want this list in all my word doc. I don't ...

Can you sub-categorize mutual funds?
I want to customize my portfolio so that I can assign Large Cap Fund, or Small Cap Fund, or other sub-categories to mutual funds. That way I know what % is in Large, Intl, etc. Any ideas how to do this in Standard 2003? Or, can I do this in an upgraded version? In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >I want to customize my portfolio so that I can assign >Large Cap Fund, or Small Cap Fund, or other sub-categories >to mutual funds. That way I know what % is in Large, >Intl, etc. Any ideas how to do this in Standard 2003? >Or, can I do this in an upgraded version? ...

format and decimals in control text
Hi format and decimals in a text box do not seem to work as expected. I can set format to general number or leave it blank and decimals to 0 or 1, makes no difference, I get 1 decimal in some text boxes and no decimals in others. the decimals are not rounded off either, they can be .3 or .9. does anyone know why and how to deal with this problem? regards LP wrote: >format and decimals in a text box do not seem to work as expected. >I can set format to general number or leave it blank and decimals to 0 or 1, >makes no difference, I get 1 decimal in some text boxes and no decimals...

Dynamic critera for database functions
I have a table of data similar to the following: Name A B C D E F Rich 4 4 3 3 4 4 Dave 4 3 3 4 4 4 Rich 4 4 4 4 4 4 John 4 4 4 4 4 4 Rich 4 4 4 3 3 3 Rich 3 3 3 2 3 3 Dave 4 3 3 3 4 4 I would like to use the database functions like DCOUNTA, DSUM, etc. to work with this data, grouping it by name summing all the columns. So the end result on my other worksheet would look like this: Name A B C D E F Rich 15 14 14 13 14 14 Dave 8 6 6 7 8 8 John 4 4 4 4 4 4 Note that the Name column on the summed worksheet doesn't have to be generated. I put the list of names there by hand....

Hyperlink dos not function propery
I have Office 2007 When in Oulook I cannot ake "click to link" work get a sstem message "This operatio has been cancelled due o the restrictions on this computer. Pease contact your system administrator" I am the administrator I have no idea how to solve this problem Help please Rbert "Robert Middleton" <RobertMiddleton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6822D0A-8923-4CC4-BA92-00BAEA7F8BE3@microsoft.com... > I have Office 2007 > When in Oulook I cannot ake "click to link" work > get a sstem message &quo...

Text function to pull true value
Hi folks, Cell contents are something like =March!$C$7, and this calculates correctly. I need to have a formula in a nearby cell to return the contents of this cell (a string), not the calculated value. I want to SEE the formula. Preferably I need to use built in functions, since this will be a new file most times it's used. I can do this in VBA, but is there anything built in? TIA, Piers If you put an apostrophe in front of the = sign, this turns it to text so that you can see the formula. You can then copy it to the nearby cell and go back to the original cell and remove the a...

change font in a forms control combo box
Am trying to change font in a combo box in Excel 2003 but cant figure out how to. The font appears to be a default size and style regardless of how large I make the combo box. I have canged the size of font in the linked list but this does not work. Any help welcomed. I suspect you are trying to use a combobox from the 'forms' toolbar. The font in these is fixed. If you use the 'controls' toolbox you will get an activeX control in which you can change the font attributes. You also used the 'linkedcell' property and 'ListFillRange' to fill and dis...

Version 2 functionality
Is there a published (or best guess) list of enhancements for CRM V2? Not as of yet. Best informtion that is public so far is the high level features in the product roadmap that's been around for awhile. Some of the basics though: - Marketing Campaign support - Service Call scheduling - Revamped security - Revampd Activites (including ability to customize and trigger workflow) - Enhanced workflow - Ability to add new entities & reltaionships between entities - Performance enhancements to SFO - Performance enhancements to the SDK API's Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ----------...

Function help needed urgently!!!
Hi anyone who can help... I have two sets of figures 1 is sales and 1 is target. Eg: Sales Target Incentive 5 5 In the Incentive column I want a formula that will calculate the Incentive payment for employees who exceed there target. The easy part is the if statement for example 10% of their sales if they exceed target: =if(sales>target,Sales*10%,0) The complicated part comes in to play when only when they hit multiples of 10 are they entitled to an incentive: If the Sales are 5 and the Target is 5 - no incentive. If the Sales are 10 and the Target is 5 - no incenti...

Help installing Office Mac on MacBook Air via dvd sharing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Ok, I have spent over 4 hours trying to install my brand new Office Mac 2008 on my MacBook Air. Please, if somebody has a clue of what my problem would be, let me know!!!! I installed the disc 1 on my other computer, which is a Sony Vaio Windows XP. I also activated DVD and CD sharing on it. Everything is fine until I ask for permission to use the drive. I accept it on my windows, and an icon with the Microsoft CD appears on my MacBook Air, but I can't do anything with it. I tried double clicking to open the file, I tried dragging, ...

Left Function??
I have this query and cannot get it to work. I know the syntax is wrong so can someone please help me? strSQL = "select * from TableA" & _ " where Field1 = " & ex_field1 & _ " and Field2 = " & "'" & ex_field2 & "'" & _ " and left(Field3,1) = " & "'" & Left(field3, 1) & "'" All I am trying to do is compare the first character on the field3. This has been resolved. Thank you!! "AJ" wrote: > I have this query...

R6025 - Pure Function Call Error
I get this error now, when I never did before. All of the sites tell me to do the following, but I can't find that file.... On Windows XP it is different and that file doesn't seem to exist. The problems are when I print an invoice..... To resolve this issue, follow these steps: 1.. Quit Money. 2.. Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders. 3.. In the Named box, type the following line, and then click Find Now: rsabase.dll 4.. In the Look in box, click My Computer, and then click Find Now. 5.. Make a note of the path to this file. The default path for the Rsa...

News reader functionality in outlook
How can I disable the mail feature of outlook express and use it just as a new reader? No Instant Messaging, No eMail nada, just newsreading. Sine this functionality is NOT in Office Outlook (why not?) I have to have 2 email clients (why?). Make OL yr default email client, Ensure you set no accounts in OE. It is not neccessary to start OE to access the newsreader; to start news, either frm OL View/Go To/News or frm IE Tools/Mail & News/Read News David <.> wrote in message news:%23IMV4CCXDHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I disable the mail feature of outlook ...

Pivottable PageField Dropdowns Disappear
Hi, An infuriating problem and I can't find any help on it! My pivot tabl seems to have gone a bit haywire. The dropdown arrows on two of th pagefields have disappeared. What is interesting is that if you dra the field to higher in the order, it regains its arrow and the ne field which took its place looses its arrow ie it is always the field in B12 and B13 that don't have dropdowns. However, if you drop tw pagefields into a columnfield, then all the arrows reappear! Two questions: 1/ Does anyone know why? 2/ How do I get my dropdowns back!? (much more important!) Thanks, GE (dup...

Menu of Worksheet Tabs
Excel 2007 We have a workbook that contains a lot of tabs and it is sometimes hard to find the right tab. This morning, I was hit with the idea of inserting another sheet that would contain a hyperlinked menu of all the tabs. That would allow me to use CTRL+F to search on a keyword and quickly find the entry for the tab that I need. Since the list would be hyperlinked, I could then click the link and be taken to the tab. I'm not married to the idea of having a separate sheet with a hyperlinked list. If there is a better way to do it I would be open to those suggesti...

Adding Holidays to sub-calendar only
How do I add certains types of holidays (as in church holidays) to a sub-calendar only? When I try to do this, it seems to add them to the main calendar (I only want regular holidays there. Can someone please explain to me how to do this? I've been to the online help, and still can't seem to do what I want. Is it even possible? FYI: I have Office 2007. Thank you very much. Candy Took some trial and error, but I figured it out. 1. Go to the main calendar 2. View, Current View, Events 3. Highlight the holidays you want to move 4. Right click, then click Move To Fol...

Use Function in Query problem
Hi All, I'm trying to run an access query using a function I created to tell the query what path to use. Public Function QueryVar(ByVal sPath as String) As String QueryVal = sPath End Function QueryVar("H:\Local\Archive.mdb") Now I run a query saying: INSERT INTO ArchiveTable ........ IN QueryVar SELECT ........ FROM ArchiveTmp; I'm getting an error saying he can't find the path. What am I doing wrong here? Marco hi Marco, Co wrote: > Now I run a query saying: > INSERT INTO ArchiveTable ........ IN QueryVar SELECT ........ FROM > ArchiveTmp; > I...

How do I delete unwanted fonts from the drop down menu?
The drop down menu in Publisher 2007 has a number of fonts with a @ as the first character. Examples are @Batang, @Dotum, @Fang Song, etc. These appear to be Korean fonts. I thought I could easily delete them by going to the Control Panel and then the Font application, and delete them. But, they are not listed. How do I remove them. I am using Vista Premium. Your previous post had a comment. You cannot delete these fonts straightaway. A forum http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaappearance/thread/35652dab-151d-46af-ac00-2ec4ae7b4d94/ -- Mary Sauer http://msaue...

non-functioning multiple Array formulas in a workbook
I have a workbook with used for forecasting. I use a template sheet for each forecast (all forecast sheets -54- are the same and contain sheet-level names). On each sheet I have a formula that counts the number of chargeable engagements (where the chargeable engagement is indicated by a "C" in the preceding column) and places the results in a cell with concatenated text. The 'chargeable designation' column is a named range. I can get the formula to work on only two of the worksheets. It can be any two sheets, but it will only work on two sheets maximum. I have tried a numbe...

Column Conversion via ADOX?
I want to use ADOX to change a VarChar (aka Access Text) column to a DateTime. How do I do that via code (VB, C#, etc)? Thanks. You don't need ADOX for that, you can do it with ADODB ... objConnection.Execute "ALTER TABLE tblTest ALTER COLUMN TestText Date" .... where objConnection is your ADODB.Connection object Or, as you mention C#, you can use ADO.NET ... using System; namespace TestAlterColumn { class Class1 { [STAThread] static void Main(string[] args) { string connectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" + @"Data Source=\\...

Newbie Question: Print edit control contents
Hi, I am new to VC++ and MFC and I am trying to print the contents of a multi-line edit control. The contents will be somewhat formatted (I.E. Date followed by user entered notes followed by 2 empty lines). What I would like to do is create a simple header for my printing that give a report name and possibly a page number. It is possible that the edit control may contain more text they will print on a single page which means I may have to account for multiple pages. Currently I am opening the CPrintDialog to allow the user to select a printer but I am not sure how to access the contents o...

Excel gives #VALUE! error with DATEVALUE function.
Ok, I need to find the difference between two dates so I'm using the DATEVALUE function to do this. But I keep getting a damn VALUE error. I've even tried entering the examples that excel gives you but I still get the same thing. Shouldn't it be for example =DATEVALUE("01/31/2003") Thanks for any help I won't comment on the second half of your name, but if you're really Italian, should your date not be "31/1/2003"? Anyway, check your dat format with your Windows settings -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "ItalianStallion...

Problem bringing up Group Policy on Domain Controller
I loaded the Group Policy snap in on my xp machine and got the following error on my Server 2000 domain controller: "The following entry in the [strings] section is too long and has been truncated" error message when you try to modify or to view GPOs in Windows server 2003, Windows XP Professional or Windows 2000. This is a well-documented and there is a hot fix. After I applied the hot fix the error was gone, but I still cannot access some group policies. Why and what can I do. My boss likes to work ar the server console and he cannot do that and is furious. You need to...

Windows.Forms.ListView.ListVewItemCollection.IndexOfKey function
Hi, How can I set the string "key" value that is the argument for the function Windows.Forms.ListView.ListVewItemCollection.IndexOfKey(string key) ? Niether the string value for public string ListViewItem.ImageKey { get; set; } or the string "text" argument for the constructor ListViewItem::ListViewIem(stirng text) work. Thanks, invegat On 12/12/2009 6:57 PM, invegat wrote: > Hi, > > How can I set the string "key" value that is the argument for the > function > Windows.Forms.ListView.ListVewItemCollection.IndexOfKey(string...