Connecting two series in a scatter chart - Excel 2007

Hello - I have a user who created a scatter chart. The chart contains two
series:
"HO" and "PD" - the HO data point has a related PD data point.
She would like to have Excel add a connector line from the HO data point to
the corresponding PD data point. Is this possible?
I apologize that I am not familiar with this type of chart, or the lingo, so
please let me know what other information you would need to answer this
question.
We are using Excel 2007.
Thanks very much!
0
Tammy (89)

Hi,

Double-click one of the series, in the format series dialog box choose the
Options tab, and check high-low lines

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Tammy" wrote:

> Hello - I have a user who created a scatter chart. The chart contains two
> series:
> "HO" and "PD" - the HO data point has a related PD data point.
> She would like to have Excel add a connector line from the HO data point to
> the corresponding PD data point. Is this possible?
> I apologize that I am not familiar with this type of chart, or the lingo, so
> please let me know what other information you would need to answer this
> question.
> We are using Excel 2007.
> Thanks very much!
0
Cheers (4)
12/4/2008 1:24:04 AM
Hi Shane,

Thanks very much for your response. I'm using Excel 2007 - can't seem to
find the "high-low" lines option in the Format Data Series dialog box. Any
idea where it's hiding?
Thanks, again!

"Cheers," wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Double-click one of the series, in the format series dialog box choose the
> Options tab, and check high-low lines
>
> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
>
> "Tammy" wrote:
>
> > Hello - I have a user who created a scatter chart. The chart contains two
> > series:
> > "HO" and "PD" - the HO data point has a related PD data point.
> > She would like to have Excel add a connector line from the HO data point to
> > the corresponding PD data point. Is this possible?
> > I apologize that I am not familiar with this type of chart, or the lingo, so
> > please let me know what other information you would need to answer this
> > question.
> > We are using Excel 2007.
> > Thanks very much!
0
Tammy (89)
12/4/2008 1:50:07 PM
Hi,

If the chart is really a xy-scatter then Hi-Low lines are not available. You
can mimic the lines using Custom Error bars.
You need to calculate the difference between each pair of Y values and use
them as the Custom Error value.

If the chart is actually a Line chart then you can use the built-in Hi-Low
lines.
Select one of the series and then Chart Tools > Layout > Analysis > Lines >
Hi-Low Lines

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Shane,
>
> Thanks very much for your response. I'm using Excel 2007 - can't seem to
> find the "high-low" lines option in the Format Data Series dialog box. Any
> idea where it's hiding?
> Thanks, again!
>
> "Cheers," wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Double-click one of the series, in the format series dialog box choose
>> the
>> Options tab, and check high-low lines
>>
>> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Shane Devenshire
>>
>> "Tammy" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello - I have a user who created a scatter chart. The chart contains
>> > two
>> > series:
>> > "HO" and "PD" - the HO data point has a related PD data point.
>> > She would like to have Excel add a connector line from the HO data
>> > point to
>> > the corresponding PD data point. Is this possible?
>> > I apologize that I am not familiar with this type of chart, or the
>> > lingo, so
>> > please let me know what other information you would need to answer this
>> > question.
>> > We are using Excel 2007.
>> > Thanks very much!

0
andy9699 (3616)
12/4/2008 2:07:15 PM
Thank you very much for your suggestions, Andy. I will test the options.
Really appreciate it!

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If the chart is really a xy-scatter then Hi-Low lines are not available. You
> can mimic the lines using Custom Error bars.
> You need to calculate the difference between each pair of Y values and use
> them as the Custom Error value.
>
> If the chart is actually a Line chart then you can use the built-in Hi-Low
> lines.
> Select one of the series and then Chart Tools > Layout > Analysis > Lines >
> Hi-Low Lines
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Shane,
> >
> > Thanks very much for your response. I'm using Excel 2007 - can't seem to
> > find the "high-low" lines option in the Format Data Series dialog box. Any
> > idea where it's hiding?
> > Thanks, again!
> >
> > "Cheers," wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Double-click one of the series, in the format series dialog box choose
> >> the
> >> Options tab, and check high-low lines
> >>
> >> If this helps, please click the Yes button
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Shane Devenshire

0
Tammy (89)

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

learning Excel #3

outlook 2007 e-mail

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Outlook 2007 throws an error that it cannot receive email
Office 2007 Ultimate, Outlook 2007 (12.06514.5000) SP2. After sitting idle overnight Outlook 2007 throws an error that it cannot receive email. Closing Outlook 2007 and restarting it resolves this issue. Outlook/Office 2003 on my main PC does not exhibit this behavior. I've confirmed and re-confirmed my email client settings with earthlink.net and the problem does not appear to be there. Again, it seems to be with Outlook 2007 but only on this one PC (hp 180t Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit). I did uninstall my Original Office 2007 Professional and re-installed Office 2007 Ultimate...