connecting bar graphs

I have a bar graph plotting

	Weighting
	100%	90%	70%	20%	10%	9%	1%	Grand Total
Pipeline 	 2 	 21 	 19 	 39 	 4 	 1 	 10 	 96

I would like to centre all the bars (the length of the bar shows the
size/amount) so I want to take those bars, centre it and then connect all the
ends so that it forms a solid object.

Is that possible?  I will be using it to show a pipe-like or funnel-like
object.

thanks
0
ogerriz (4)

Hi ogerriz,

Sounds like you may want to look at this;
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html

Ed Ferrero

>I have a bar graph plotting
>
> Weighting
> 100% 90% 70% 20% 10% 9% 1% Grand Total
> Pipeline 2 21 19 39 4 1 10 96
>

> I would like to centre all the bars (the length of the bar shows the
> size/amount) so I want to take those bars, centre it and then connect all
> the
> ends so that it forms a solid object.
>
> Is that possible?  I will be using it to show a pipe-like or funnel-like
> object.
>
> thanks

0
ed9314 (42)
4/24/2009 12:07:40 AM
The pipeline chart
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/pipeline/index.htm

--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

"ogerriz" wrote:

> I have a bar graph plotting
>
> 	Weighting
> 	100%	90%	70%	20%	10%	9%	1%	Grand Total
> Pipeline 	 2 	 21 	 19 	 39 	 4 	 1 	 10 	 96
>

> I would like to centre all the bars (the length of the bar shows the
> size/amount) so I want to take those bars, centre it and then connect all the
> ends so that it forms a solid object.
>
> Is that possible?  I will be using it to show a pipe-like or funnel-like
> object.
>
> thanks

Pop3 not connected
I have setup Ex.2k3 server and trying to send mail to internet domain info@abland.com. I am using a hotmail address to be forwarded to. When I send mail to info@abland.com it goes through but will never be delivered to the hotmail address. I have set up a pop3 server on Exchange called pop3.abland.com and it is running. I checked under the Services and Pop3 is running over there. To test it, I setup the same thing in Outlook and tested the account. The error message I got was that Pop3 is not connected. What am I doing wrong?Would really appreciate help. POP3 is for inbound email. SMTP is fo...

Tried everything but still at random black bars in IE8
Windows XP Home SP3 (Dutch) Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (ver. 9.0.0.736 (a.b) ) No 3th party or other themes, just stand Windows XP stuff Tried everything I could find (including here in the NG) but at random IE 8 still has the black bar ... all the menu's not vissible seeing through white devider bars (can see my background through it). When searching on Google and Yahoo and in newsgroups, SO many people are hit by this bug that has been around for some time now. Isn't there anything to get rit of this bug that they won't fix? ...

How to make a modaless dialog (without a title bar) never active?
Hi, Is there a way to make a modaless dialog (without a title bar) never active? Please help. Thanks. Tony ...

Scrolling bar using isv.config
Hello, when i use the isv.config file there is no scrolling bar for the shown example "http://www.msn.com", when i klick the "test" button on the left navigation bar. Are there any solutions for this problem??? Thank you! best regards, Henry If you are pointing to a none custome URL such as MSN the best way to open it is using a button or file menu, this opens the link in a seperate window and not inside the frame. For your own custom aspx forms opened by a tab you would apply a scroll bar option in the body tag. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > ...

Graph question
Hello ! I would like to create a bar graph for say 7 days showing hotel occupancy levels For each day I have this data: A) budget room nights first 5 days at 50 rooms each night, last 2 days 75 rooms each B) Actual room nights (and this is where it gets tricky.) The actual room nights comes from 2 sources: the actual reserved guests who arrived + the "walk-ins" (who didnt have a reservation) Results for the week: Reserved WALK-ins Total Budget Monday 40 5...

Outlook not in Task Bar question...
Quick question for anyone. I am running Outlook 2003 SP2 on a Win XP SP2 machine and have noticed this new 'feature' that seems to be only happening on my machine. Whenever I minimize my Outlook it just disappears and does not show up in my Task Bar. It doesn't shut down Outlook because any emails or Reminders that I have open will still sit in the Task Bar and emails will still come in... just the main Outlook window disappears from the Task Bar. Anytime I want to open Outlook I have to hit the Outlook icon or go START, Outlook. At first this wasn't a big deal as I ...

Worksheet Menu Bar disappeared
Worksheet Menu Bar on all of my spreadsheets not longer shown on pre-existing worksheets, but does if I create a new one. The option is selected under options, and if I go to Customize/Toolbars, the Worksheet Menu Bar is checked. If I uncheck it, the bar reappears at the bottom of the sheet with the names of my two worksheets, but I am unable to retain the setting. A search on this site recommended entering "Application.Commandbars(1).Enabled = True" on a VB screen that I had no idea that existed. I hit the enter key, the menu on top expanded, but not the Worksheet Menu Ba...

How can I disable connectivity to a windows server for 60 seconds? In linux this is done with: ifconfig eth0 down ; sleep 60 ; ifconfig eth0 up
How can I disable connectivity to a windows server for 60 seconds? In linux this is done with: ifconfig eth0 down ; sleep 60 ; ifconfig eth0 up On 09/04/2010 02:23, DR wrote: > How can I disable connectivity to a windows server for 60 seconds? > > In linux this is done with: ifconfig eth0 down ; sleep 60 ; ifconfig > eth0 up Use Netsh: set interface name="Local Area Connection" admin=DISABLED set interface name="Local Area Connection" admin=ENABLED As for the 60-second pause in between, as far as I know there's no sleep command ...

Bar chart with XY on secondary axis
I have four quarters of data that I display as a bar chart. I want to add additional data superimposed on each (XY) as a secondary axis. However, the XY coordinates are displayed on a single vertical axis in the center of the bars rather than on each related bar. Data: (BAR) 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr A 7.1 2.3 4.5 8.7 B 10.5 1.5 6.7 4.8 C 14.6 4.0 7.9 11.1 (XY) 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr A 25 55 67 ...

scatter chart graphs
I am trying to graph the delivery of pipes for a pipeline. Y being date of delivery, x axis showing mile post. data is to show a line the length of pipe delivered, beginning at the mile post it is to be laid and ending at the length it is. I have various pipe length and widths. Data Source option only allows me to enter each individually. Is there an easier way of entering the Data into the graph? Liz, You can add these variables with VBA. You are changing the xValues and Values properties of the graph after adding a newSeries. -- http://www.ExcelHelp.us ed@ExcelHelp.us 888-MY-ETHER...

Bar Charts
I have a bar chart that has all the information on it I need. I need to take the information and build it on top of each other (i.e. 10 is the first value and the second...need to show the first to 10 and the second from 10-20). But, the last bar can't be a part of the build. The last value is the total of them all. Is there a way to do this? Sounds like you are describing a waterfall chart. Here are some resources. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/waterfall/index.htm http://edferrero.m6.net/Charting.aspx Cheers Andy Kirsten wr...

ADODB.Connection to Teradata Timesout
Hi All, I am running Teradata queries from MS Access using a ADODB.Connection. The queries run directly unsing Teradata in about 3 Min. I can't keep the ADODB connection from timing out before three minutes. The error message is: "[NCR][ODBC Teradata Driver] Query Timeout Expired" I guess that I don't understand the ODBC reference on a ADODB.Connection. Anyway: I have other quicker queries that run fine. How do I keep from timing out? Thanks Ross Ross wrote: > Hi All, > > I am running Teradata queries from MS Access using a >...

Connection error on Document Load
I am calling XmlDocument.Load with a url string, but get the message "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." When I put the exact same URL in IE, the xml file comes up just fine. Also, we only get this error when running from some machines, not all. Does anyone know what is wrong? Thanks. I was getting the same kind of error using XmlTextReader with a url string. Check out the following: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=888527 and look at the section on Undocumented bugs in the .NET Class Library (NCL). Also, google the term: useU...

Progress Bar
Is it possible to use a progress bar on a worksheet? I have added the Microsoft ProgressBar Control version 6.0 to my Controls list in Excel 2007. I can insert the control onto my worksheet but I can find no way of controling it, or referencing it for that matter. I am not interested in using the control bar on a userform, that would be too easy and not waht my deliverable requires! Paul Smith Yeah, it is really dumb to do something that is easy isn't it? -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Paul W...

How to create a menu bar and distribute?
I have 5 different Time-Off Requests which are published in the Organizational Forms Library and I need to create a menu bar with these forms in it for a certain department. Any ideas? E2k7/OL2k3 & OL2k7 Penny ...

How to create shapes and connections by importing excel-file
I have an excel file as: Object-A Object-B connection-1 Object-A Object-C connection-2 Object-B Object-D connection-3 I wish to import it to visio 2003 and let it create shapes for those "Object-A",..., "Object-D" and link them together by drawing lines (with those "connection-1",.."Connection-3" names). How to do it in visio 2003? Regards Andy Actually what I try to you is something like what this article is about. But it shows how to do it in the old visio versions that could open *.txt and *.csv files and those f...

Charts or Graphs in Access
Hi, I'm doing my nut on this one! I can't tell from the help whether I'm looking at an Excel help or Access now that I have added various References that allow charts. Looking at other questions on this topic has not made it any clearer. My code of far! Dim objChartSpace As ChartSpace Dim objChart As ChChart Set objChartSpace = Me.ChartSpace6 (object on the form) Set objChart = objChartSpace.Charts.Add (wishful thinking!) The object does not get set. I wish to "simply" add a chart to a form that displays some subform data graphically and will requery...

How do you add error bars?
when i select my data series on my table, no selected data series appears under format Instead of selecting the series on the table (whatever that means), try selecting the data series in the chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <08ef01c3a991$89241060$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > when i select my data series on my table, no selected > data series appears under format > ...

Linking/connecting nine separate worksheets of a workbook
Is there a way, after formatting nine separate sheets in a work book like sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3, etc., that I could connect or link these (I hope I am using the right words), so that if I change say the header on one sheet, the same change is automatically made on the other sheets, that the page numbering is automatic, that the column cells (for different vendor names that are set up say on the first sheet are repeated on the other sheets), like in a bid tabulation. The only difference would be the actual technical data filled-in on each sheet, which obviously would be unique for th...

Downloading a file and updating a progress bar.
Does anyone have any examples on how to update a progress bar when downloading a file? I've got the download part working, but I would also like to show the progress so it doesn't look like the app has stopped. Thanks, Anthony Anthony Hunter wrote: > Does anyone have any examples on how to update a progress bar when > downloading a file? I've got the download part working, but I would also > like to show the progress so it doesn't look like the app has stopped. > > > > Thanks, > Anthony > > If your code is in a loop to downloa...

shorcut to formular bar
When I highlighted a cell, i want to quick jump to the formular bar an I don't know if there is any shorcut so that I don't have to use t mouse to click on it. Another problem I have is when highlight a cell, what is the shortcu or best way to hightlight all the words in that cell. Thank y'al -- m_joh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- m_john's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=32 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=75466 Visit - http://www.officehelp.in | http://www.officehelp.in/archive/index.ph...

Has the service pack and Moble connectivity update been released?
Has the service pack and Mobile connectivity update been released? There was talk at the last Microsoft seminar I attended back in June that there would be some patches and feature updates for CRM released this summer. Have they been released yet? Bill Walter yes they have been released. Go to support.microsoft.com then downloads and seach on microsoft crm. the mobile addon has been released as well as updates for Windows XP SP2 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmai...

Timeline bar chart
Hello, I am trying to create a bar chart based on key dates in a project. There are 20 different part numbers, all with individual timelines. Some parts of the process take many days, some one, etc. I want a bar chart that signifys these key dates, as well as shows a bar running throught the course of each individual aspect (ie, 12/2 - 12/8). I am having trouble doing this with dates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- shane476 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shane476's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&u...

menu bar disappeared
Dear all Using MS Publisher 2003 and, dunno how, but the top menu bar has disappeared. I can access all the normal toolbars but no menu bar. Any clues as to what I may have done and how to get it back. Would uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling solve the problem?? Have tried uninstalling Publisher 2003 and reinstalling it but no difference. TIA -- Jon Manley Try this, Alt+V, click toolbars, customize, Toolbars tab, click reset. In the same dialog, Options tab, Reset menu and toolbar usage data. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:/...

Sales for Outlook through VPN connection
Everyone in the company that is in sales and that do not have an office are having no luck running CRM Sales for Outlook through a VPN connection. Upon learning about this (Wednesday) I tried for 5 hours to get mine to work at home with no luck. Everyone has the same result: it makes Outlook crash. Is there something we need to do to tweek it a little bit so that we can use all the functionality? Please advise. make sure you have used the performance updates for the outlook client. Beyond that its a performance issue. The first time you go offline in the sfo client you are suppos...