Conditional Chart Formatting?

Is it possible to have a series data point (2) change colour if the value
drops below that of data point (1) and revert back again if it rises above
that of data point (1). (And possibly be a third colour if it is equal in
value)?
Sandy

Hi,

Yes it's possible. Creating a chart with multiple series is the way to go.
Have a look at Jon's page for more information.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have a series data point (2) change colour if the value
> drops below that of data point (1) and revert back again if it rises above
> that of data point (1). (And possibly be a third colour if it is equal in
> value)?
> Sandy

0
andy9699 (3616)
8/17/2007 3:17:59 PM
Very interesting, thank you.
Sandy

"Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Yes it's possible. Creating a chart with multiple series is the way to go.
> Have a look at Jon's page for more information.
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to have a series data point (2) change colour if the value
>> drops below that of data point (1) and revert back again if it rises
>> above
>> that of data point (1). (And possibly be a third colour if it is equal in
>> value)?
>> Sandy

Insert query using date as where condition
I have an insert query that runs every day at midnight that records our client's current environmental status (it's for a mental health facility). Here's the code: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- INSERT INTO dbo.tblCensusHistoryWithDischarge (FullName, LastName, FirstName, FileNumber, ClientNumber, StaffID, Environment, Location, Residence, FundSource, Act10, StartDate, ExpEndDate, EndDate, CensusTimestamp) SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.tblClients.LastName + N', ' + dbo.tblClient...

chart #8
Hello, I'm trying to create a chart that will mimic the candlestick chart but it does not use a timeline. Instead of displaying the timeline along the X-axis, it will show the thickness of the sheet. Sample data available as follow : 1st data set: Thickness: 0.010 Min: 10 Max: 15 2nd data set: Thickness: 0.013 Min: 10 Max: 25 3rd data set: Thickness: 0.025 Min: 15 Max: 35 The chart will display the "Thickness" along the X-axis and the "Soak Range" (Min and Max) along the Y-axis. Microsoft Excel require several variable to create a stock chart, namely: Open, Hi...

Publishing an interactive chart
Hi, Is it possible to publish an interactive chart as a webpage and kee the interactivity. The cell values don't need to be edited, but I need to view th different graphis diplayed in the drop down box. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks J Calver -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have Excel XP edition, there is no problem. You just save for the web, check a few boxes and it's done. If your viewer doesn't have XP, there is an automacic invitation to download the necessary files, as with Acrobat or Flash. johnval >-----Original Message---...

Condition Format #1
I have enclosed a chart with this explanation below. I am needing automate this chart according to the following rules. See chart also, if necessary. Thank you. First Whenever, a 3 digit numeric combination is entered into B, C and D cells and if each of the 3 digits are different (ie.3,7,2), then find the 3 cells on the same row between O and BG that have the corresponding boxed the 2 digit pairs. (O=01, P=02, Q=03, R=04, S=05, T=06, U=07, V=08, W=09, X=12, Y=13, Z=14, AA=15, AB=16, AC=17, AD=18, AE=19, AF=23, AG=24, AH=25, AI=26, AJ=27, AK=28, AL=29, AM=34, AN=35, AO=36, AP=37, AQ=38, AR=39...

Date format #20
I was copying some date data from other source to Excel. The orginal format is 3/12/34, which means March 12 of 2034. But Excel automatically convert as March 12 of 1934. Is there any add on or vba program I can get right year in Excel? Thanks This is an operating system setting, not Excel. In Windows, you need to Find your Regional Settings and find the date settings. Adjust range for interpreting a two-digit year as necessary. Example: In Windows XP, you click Customize and then click on the Date Tab from the Regional Settings and Language dialog. tj "Chris" wrote: > I...

Time-stamping a chart
I am querying a database and charting the info which I want to publish on a web page. I'd like to time and date of the latest query result to appear on the chart so that users know how current the information is. Maybe even embed the last update info in the chart title? That would work... Something like... "Average Time - Last updated 01/08/2004 9:16 AM EST" Any ideas? How is the query executed? Is it through custom VBA code? Or through native XL capabilities? If the former, use the code to put the desired title in a cell. Link the cell to the chart title. For ...

auto-signature changes format on reply
What causes an autosignature to change format on replies? I have one user who is using Outlook 2000. When he replies to email, his auto-signature changes from single spacing to double spacing and loses some of its formatting. I tried creating a new auto-signature using word as his email editor, but the signature still changes on replies. Any suggestions or fixes? Thanks! Joann ...

2 Questions about Excel Charts
1) I have a list of 50 points (X, Y) that I want to plot. In a third column, I have the state corresponding to each point. How do I display these states on the chart (without manually entering each)? 2) I want to create a Chart where the user can input a real number (without switching to another sheet) that changes the chart (e.g., entering ALPHA for a chart plotting "SIN(ALPHA*X)"). Listboxes, spinners only work for discrete numbers, and I do not want to put the chart on an existing worksheet. How do I create a link from a sheet to an editable value on a Chart? Thank you...

Setting chart scale min/max in VBA
Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help? Hi, See Jon's page, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy pjasak@alum.mit.edu wrote: > Would like to set the scale on several different charts in the same > workbook based on min and max values in a data range. Can do it > manually but it would be nice to automate it. Any help? > Here's an example of setting min and max dates for a trend chart...

Formatting lost when copied by formula!
Hi, I'm having a problem retaining format in a target cell where a formul "copies" the contents from another cell. Here's an example tha describes the problem in detail: Say I have the following text in cell A1: "Some text." Say, also, tha the word "text" is bolded. In cell B2 I have a formula, =A1, tha "copies" the content of cell A1. I can see the content of cell A1 i B2, but without the bold (or any other formatting, including backgroun color, etc.). My question, of course, is how do I retain the original formatting? Thank you -- Message ...

Excel 2003: Creating a dashboard and smaller charts get squished
Hi- I'm creating a dashboard with some large and small line charts using the "Camera" functionality. The display looks great, but when I click Print Preview or Print, the chart area on the smaller charts gets squished and unreadable. I have to exit without saving in order for the charts areas to be viewable. Any suggestions? Hi, As with any graphic, if you make it too small the print preview screen may not be able to display it properly, and for you printer the print drivers and maximum resolution will effect the printout. I made a small Camera tool chart and in print...

Graphing a line on a stock chart??
I've created stock chart (the one with bars) using the high, low, an close of the stock price. I'd like to add another data series and grap it in a line format rather than the type being used by the stock chart I can't figure out how to do it using the wizard. Is it possible? I not through the wizard, can it be done through VBA? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a series to a stock chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#OHLCplus PropKid < wrote: > I've created stock chart (the ...

Format in an unbound Text Box
Hi all, I have a form that I have put an unbound text box in, which displays the previous entries from my table. One of my fields is Current Time. Which on my form I set to Short Date (military time). How can I have my unbound text display Short time as well. here is my code (control source of my unbound text box). SELECT DISTINCTROW tblSITLog.[current time], tblSITLog.MONTH, tblSITLog.DAY, tblSITLog.SIT, tblSITLog.[NATURE OF iNCIDENT], tblSITLog.[Case Description], tblSITLog.Incident_Number FROM tblSITLog WHERE (((tblSITLog.[NATURE OF iNCIDENT])="CHRONO ENTRY")) ORDER BY...

exporting excel charts as eps files
I am wanting to know whether it is possible to export (or save) a microsoft excel chart or graph as a vector file (e.g. eps or emf file). Basically i am wanting to export an excel chart or graph as a vector-based file so that i can input it into a desktop publishing programme like Adobe Indesign. Simply doing a copy and paste from excel to InDesign only copies a screen-resolution image, which is, of course, useless. Most other graphing programmes have the option of exporting graphs as vector files, so i am hoping that excel is the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheer...

Pie Chart
Good day, I have data organised as follows. Col A Col B (Header) ( % ) red 39% blue 0% white 24 % Green 10% Brown 0% My problem is that when i create a pie chart, it picks up the 0 valuses as well, and so the chart looks clustured, as i need to have the lables. Please advise how to tell the chart to omit 0 values. One option which i cannot use due to layout of the report is Hiding rows and then plotting only visible cells. Thanks Best regards Good Day, Jon, Thanks for the answer, but what i need is for the chart not to plot 0 values. SO that there are not too many slices of the pie....

Outlook Burped and HTML Format Now Shows
Suddenly, HTML formatting is showing on my Outlook new mail messages composed with HTML. How can I delete this without having to resort to plain text emails? JTLaBelle wrote on Mon, 29 December 2008 10:56 > Suddenly, HTML formatting is showing on my Outlook new mail messages composed > with HTML. How can I delete this without having to resort to plain text > emails? Is it showing on messages you receive or messages you compose? If when you compose, does Alt+F9 hide it? If messages you receive, what version of outlook? version of windows? do you have all the latest updates i...

PIVOT TABLE FORMATTING #2
If I have a pivot table with the following info: County, date, and lot #'s sold by county; how can i sort this horizontally so that the counties go across the top and under each county it sums up the number of lots? Hi, Put the Country field into the Column area. Do you really want to sum lot numbers or do you want to count lot number? To count or sum them they would be put in the Data area. Hope this helps because we don't have much to go on. If it does please click the Yes button. If not give us more details. What else is on your pivot table, are you counting, summing ...

Formatting in 1000's
I use Excel 2000. Is there anyway to format numbers in 1000's? Right now I divide each cell by 1000 to get the results I want (=5,000,000.00/1000=5,000) and format to zero decimals. Thanks You could create a Custom Format : #,##0,_);(#,##0,) Format>Cells>Number tab Under Category, select Custom and enter: #,##0,_);(#,##0,) in the type box. NOTE: doing that won't change the actual value of the number, so 5,000,000 will still be 5 million, but it'll look like this: 5,000 Does that help? Regards, Ron "William Copeland" wrote: > I use Excel 2000. Is...

format one data series, with error bars, and use it as default
In Excel can I format one data series with custom plus and minus standard deviation error bars and custom colors and then have the chart use that as the default? I couln't use a format painter to do. JBR, Yes, once you've created the chart with your custom error bars and colors, save it to the Custom Types Gallery: (1) Select (active) the chart. (2) Go to Chart -> Chart Type -> Custom Types Tab -> User Defined. (3) Click the Add button and you should see the Add Custom Chart Type Dialog box. (4) Enter a name and optional description for your chart. (5) Click OK and...

organization charts
I saved Organization charts as html option given by MS Visio, Now when I look at the org charts, some rectangles are colord blue and do nt show the names on the org charts. How can I fix it? Thanks ...

Add Value to the Chart
I have a chart done from the table shown below. However, I want to put the value (date) in addition of the values (X) and (Y) axis. So far, I have been doing it manually. I wonder if there is any way to it automatically. Thanks in advance. Maperalia. Date "X" "Y" 6/21/2005 0 0 7/6/2005 147 0.008 7/18/2005 197 0.012 8/5/2005 255 0.016 8/18/2005 289 0.016 9/8/2005 337 0.006 9/19/2005 360 0.017 How would you like the date to appear? As a data label on each point? then use one of these handy data labeling add-ins: Rob Bovey's Chart ...

how do I chage mm/day format display to "workweek" display?
I'd like to change the default format in which the "weeks" are displayed, which is starting date of the week. Instead or in addition to that I'd like to display it as a work week. for e.g. the Week of july 3th would be 26ww while the week of july10th would be 27ww. ...

Conditional Formatting Across Multiple Cells
I have data file that I want to conditional format Red/Green fill based on >= conditional on a single row of data. In Excel 2003 it was fairly simple to lock a row but not a column and by selecting all the cells to format it would change the column relative to the cell. Just having an issue transitioning to conditional formatting in 2007. Sample Data a b c d 1 goal 10 245 125 2 day1 8 200 76 3 day2 8 250 125 4 day3 15 250 130 5 day4 15 300 150 6 day5 0 100 0 7 Avg 9 220 96 Cells Rows 2 - 7 should be conditional on Row ...

Incoorrect date formats in Excel 2000
H I'm inporting a .txt file into excel. Some of the dates are coming across correctly i.e. DD/MM/YYYY however some come through in a different format (MM/DD/YYYY). I've checked the format of the cell and it's the same as the cells that are working correctly. I've even tried a paste special and just pasted the format but it doesn't seem to change anything. Any idea's would be appreciated!! If it's a .txt file, don't you get the import wizard to open up? And then you can specify the correct format for each field--including mdy or dmy. JimPNicholls wrote: > ...

Hover values in chart
I have a line chart with a secondary vertical axis with values displayed on the right of the chart. When I hover over this secondary data line I get a message box that gives me the "series", "point" and "value". The "point" however is a number depending on how far you are from the left side of the chart. If I hover over the primary data line the "point" displays the value on the x-axis. There doesn't seem to be a way to specify the data sequence for the secondary x-axis. How do I get the secondary data line to show the "point" va...