Combined line-scatter graph with 2 Y-axis messed up

 I have a chart in Excel 2007 (under XP sp3) with 2 line (L1 & L2) and 2
scatter series (S1 & S2, representing means of respectively L1 and L2
datapoints).
Both L-points are located at last datapoint-position.
X-values are formatted as 'Genereal'.
Both L1 and S1 are referenced to 1st Y-axis, only L2 to 2nd Y-axis.
Here's where the error comes in.

When I reference S2 also to Y2, it looks ok until I saved the sheet and
reopen it,
After reopening, THE CHART IS GONE !
AFTER PREVIEW, IT REAPPEARS BUT THE FORMAT IS TOTALLY MESSED UP ?!
Both Y-axes are shrinken and L2 and S2 disappeared
what's wrong ?
0
rolando (16)

Why are you mixing Line and XY?
It would seem that all your series could be plotted as XY series
Line charts are used for categorical data
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a chart in Excel 2007 (under XP sp3) with 2 line (L1 & L2) and 2
> scatter series (S1 & S2, representing means of respectively L1 and L2
> datapoints).
> Both L-points are located at last datapoint-position.
> X-values are formatted as 'Genereal'.
> Both L1 and S1 are referenced to 1st Y-axis, only L2 to 2nd Y-axis.
> Here's where the error comes in.
>
> When I reference S2 also to Y2, it looks ok until I saved the sheet and
> reopen it,
> After reopening, THE CHART IS GONE !
> AFTER PREVIEW, IT REAPPEARS BUT THE FORMAT IS TOTALLY MESSED UP ?!
> Both Y-axes are shrinken and L2 and S2 disappeared
> what's wrong ?

0
bliengme (657)
7/9/2009 6:51:56 PM
perfect ! problem solved
I didn't knew mixing line/scatter series might give problems, however...
if I reopen the same sheet, with the error on my laptop, on a 2nd PC...
there is NO problem, everything is normal, and...with mixed series !?
how can this be explained, differences between PCs ?
thanx anyway

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Why are you mixing Line and XY?
> It would seem that all your series could be plotted as XY series
> Line charts are used for categorical data
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>

> "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a chart in Excel 2007 (under XP sp3) with 2 line (L1 & L2) and 2
> > scatter series (S1 & S2, representing means of respectively L1 and L2
> > datapoints).
> > Both L-points are located at last datapoint-position.
> > X-values are formatted as 'Genereal'.
> > Both L1 and S1 are referenced to 1st Y-axis, only L2 to 2nd Y-axis.
> > Here's where the error comes in.
> >
> > When I reference S2 also to Y2, it looks ok until I saved the sheet and
> > reopen it,
> > After reopening, THE CHART IS GONE !
> > AFTER PREVIEW, IT REAPPEARS BUT THE FORMAT IS TOTALLY MESSED UP ?!
> > Both Y-axes are shrinken and L2 and S2 disappeared
> > what's wrong ?

0
rolando (16)

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

set print area #2

line chart with NA() values

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

XY Scatter Map with Test Labels
Sorry if this is a repeated request, but I'm trying to show the distribution of 16 points (labelled A through P) using X-Y coordinates. When I turn on labels, I can show either the X-positions (label) or Y-positions (value), but I really want to show the text name "A" through "P". Can this be automated in Excel? Thanks for any advice. Hi Mike, The easiest thing to do is use a free addin utility to allow you to link data labels to cells. Try Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler add-in http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy Mike K. wrote...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

how to generate a polynomial regression graph with 90% CI?
How do I add a trend line with the 10th, 50th and 90th percentiles to a scattergram graph? Excel has no graphics option nor any worksheet function that will do this. LINEST will give the standard errors of regression coefficients, but not their covariances (which are needed to get the standard error of a fitted value). Your options are to either write your own polynomial regression function, or use a different package. R is a freely available http://www.r-project.org full-featured and widely used statistical package that is an open-source implementation of the S languaguage, that ca...

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

mysession & deleting a line item on the pos screen
I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. So I have tried to do a myssion.transaction.entries(1).Delete and other sorts of things. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Hi, Use code like this: For Each item In mysession.Transaction.entries If FindItem(item.item.id, item.quantity, item.item.description) Then mysession.Transaction.entries.remove(item) End If Next "ClothingStore" wrote: > I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. ...

referencing lines and series points
what is the VBA code for referencing to individual points in a line on line graph? i would like to create a macro to change indiviual points shapes and the color or the lines in between them to different color depending on different parameters. is this possible -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39101 Ther easiest way to do this is to first record a macro doing what y...

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

help #2