Combination chart - want only ONE series showing as a line, not 2.

I want to create a combination chart, on one axis, with 4 series showing in
columns and one in a line.

When I choose the Line-Column chart option, it plots the last two series as
a line and the first three in columns.  How can I change the one series to
show as a column like the others?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

0
sincaa (1)

Hi,

Rather than use the built-in combination charts roll your own.
Start with a 5 series column chart and then select the series that you
want as a line chart. Right click it and pick Chart Type from the popup
menu. From the chart type dialog pick the required Line chart.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

How to select series in chart?

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

chart MAcro to change on activecell

printing 2 charts on single page

transparent areas in charts?

Multiple stacked bar charts

Offline folder problems #2

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Chart Legend Color Index Assignment
Looking for VBA code to run on Workbook_Open to ensure a Legend having up to 10 different variables does NOT "automatically" assign to same color to 2 different variables. TIA - Bob Check out the color palette (Tools menu > Options > Color tab). The chart uses the bottom two rows of colors for its data, then when it runs out it cycles through the rest of the palette. If the palette has been customized by someone unfamiliar with this behavior, you may get duplication of colors. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTe...

shortcut with command line switch probs
Hello, I have a shortcut set up which has the target declared as: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" / "\\path_to_file\myfile.xlt" This works fine on my PC. Excel 2000 running on Windows XP. Unfortunately it doesnt work on someone elses PC, who asked for m help! They have the same software set up, and access to the same folde path. When they try to run the shortcut, a window opens and closes almos immediately. Help?! : -- soloto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- solotoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/m...

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

OWA jumping mouse

VCard issue #2

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM