Combination bar Charts

I have three data series on a bar chart.  I want two of them stacked, and the
third remaining singular (cluster bar format).  I know how to change one data
series to a line, but when I try to change one to a singular bar using the
same techique (highlighting the singular series and selecting a different
chart type), the entire chart type switches to clustered bars.

Is there any way to do this?  I would like to create a custom chart type in
this format, but it is unclear how to create chart custom formats.

Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on
his web site:

     http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Help with labels and lines in chart
Hi all i am tracking a few things and i wanted to make some objects in the my chart reposition dynamicly as i change the scale i dont care if i have to do a little clean up but just that the postions stay correct i have attached a picture any suggestion would be greatly appreshated +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Unti.png | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5056 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- crash893 ---------------...

No aggregate on chart??
I have the following sql code that I grabbed from the sql view: TRANSFORM Max(ChartQuery.amount) AS MaxOfamount SELECT ChartQuery.period FROM ChartQuery GROUP BY ChartQuery.period PIVOT ChartQuery.store; My question is that I do not want to use an aggregate for the amount? If the amounts ranges from 0 - 100000 then that is what I would like displayed on the left (y) of the chart. Can this be done, it seems simple enough? HELP! I put off responding to this because I don't really understand the question; seems that no-one else did either, from the lack of replies. Since you have a cros...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Downloaded "Fitness Chart for Males" need it in metric?
The template is set in imperial measurement, is there a metric version available? Hi, This says it metric. http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC010762691033.aspx?CategoryID=CT010482871033 Cheers Andy Bewildered wrote: > The template is set in imperial measurement, is there a metric version > available? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

How do I show summary totals from a pivot table on a bar chart
I created a pivot table which shows the both individual and grand totals based on the fields I selected. I then created a bar chart based on this pivot table. What I would like to do is show the grand totals as well as the individual totals. Is this possible, if so how do I do it? When I try this (link to the pivot table's summary total) I get an error saying not a valid function. The function line contains =GETPIVOTDATA("Personnel no.",'P2'!$A$3) "Jon Peltier" wrote: > Colleen - > > You can add textboxes to the chart, which are linked to works...

Chart Links ?
We have a workbook ('Book1') that we need to archive every week. In this workbook there are 3 charts (on a tab called 'graphs') which have source data linked to a tab called 'data' all within the same workbook. When we 'SaveAs' to a different location the source code of the charts is remaining with the original workbook ('Book1') and not with the newly saved workbook ('Book2'). Why is this happening, and how do we fix it???? Kevin Kevin, This doesn't sound like normal Excel behaviour... What you've described should only happen if y...

fixing pie chart colors depending upon value ?
This is really about using an excel chart inside an access report but nobody in microsoft.access.reports seems to know the answer. Using a grouped field in a database I end up with two values per record showing the number of 'goods' and the number of 'bads' The pie chart plots these two numbers. I want the 'good' slice always to be green and the 'bad' slice always to be red. Setting the format worked OK until I had 7 goods and zero bads, then the whole chart was red instead of green. Any idea how I can fix this? Howard The technique described in thi...

How do I change x-axis in an Excel Radar Chart?
I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this to 1 line every 10 degrees. Is this possible? Ideally I would like a polar plot graph where I can enter any angle and magnitude. Does such a thing exist? Hi, For polar plot you can use the xy scatter. I have an addin that may help. http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm Cheers Andy Dr. J.White wrote: > I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar > assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this...

Excel's COMBIN and integers
In theory COMBIN works with integers in Excel (2003 and 2007). So "=COMBIN(9,3)" gives 84 and so does "=COMBIN(9.7,3.6)". Similarly "=COMBIN(9,3)-84" gives 0. But "=COMBIN(9,3)-84-0" gives -1.42109E-14 and there are many similar examples suggesting that some sort of rounding is involved. The sign can even change so for example "=COMBIN(15,3)-455-0" gives 5.68434E-14 =IF(COMBIN(9,3)=84,"same","different") and =IF(COMBIN(9,3)-84=0,"same","different") do not give identical results. Nor do ...

Survival distribution function chart
Is anyone familiar with the Kaplan-Meier estimator, and if there is a way I can get excel to draw a traditional survivior curve? The charts on this page http://www.xlstat.com/demoKM.xls are the style that I would like to produce. However, these appear to have been produced using an add-on called XLstat Pro. I am attempting to produce a spreadsheet to analyse various statistical models which are all reliant on producing a survivor curve in this style. Any help anyone could offer me would be gratefully received as I have spent days trying and can not find a way of doing this. -- max0d --...

Combining two columns into one- Excel 2007
I have two columns of information. The first contains the date and the second contains a number. I want to combine these two into a single column where the date is the first piece of data and the number is the second, etc. etc. I have about 15000 sets of data (date and number), so to do this manually would be out of the question. Any suggestions for a "novice" programmer? Thanks Steve Clarification What I want to do is insert a blank row every other row, and then move the data in column b1 down into A2, b2 into A4 etc. Original worksheet A B 2/1/2007 45 2/2/2007 49 2/3/2007...

Combinations...
Below is an algorithm by by Donald Knuth to generate possible combinations. Can this be translated to VBA? Or, does exist a similar procedure in VBA? /* Algorithm by Donald Knuth. */ #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> void main( void) { int i, j=1, k, n, *c, x; printf( "Enter n,k: "); scanf( "%d,%d", &n, &k); c = malloc( (k+3) * sizeof(int)); for (i=1; i <= k; i++) c[i] = i; c[k+1] = n+1; c[k+2] = 0; j = k; visit: for (i=k; i >= 1; i--) printf( "%3d", c[i]); printf( "\n"); if (j > 0) {x = j+1; goto incr;...

Charting Filtered Data
I have an excel sheet that has a bunch of data imported to it from SQL Server 2k. I need to either pull all the relevant data from a date typed in by the user which that data returned will be used to build my charts, or find a way to build the chart from filtered data where the entire table is imported, but the user selects the data to filter on. (this idea is probably not a good idea as the table is already at 11k records and grows by roughly 20 records a day). -- BCullenward ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BCullenward's Profile: http://www....

How do I restore a missing menu bar in Microsoft Word 2003?
My Word 2003's menu bar disappeared. (File, Edit, View, etc). How do I restore it? I am not in Full Screen view. Thank you! Use http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm. For Word 2003, the registry key to rename/delete is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Kathy V wrote: > My Word 2003's menu bar disappeared. (File, Edit, View, etc). > How do I r...

Inactive chart icon
In a shared folder I have many .xls files. On some the chart icon i grayed out.On others it works normally. None of the help screens ha helped ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Probably those workbooks are shared, which means that lots of features aren't available. For more information, look in Excel's Help, under "Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks" magison wrote: > In a shared folder I have many .xls files. On some t...

Explorer Bar/Collapsible Group Bar Control
I am looking for a control that resembles: http://www.codeproject.com/cs/miscctrl/XPTaskBar.asp This is written in C#. There is a Win32/MFC alternative: http://www.codeproject.com/docking/IngoExpBar.asp Do the experts out there know of any other alternative? Also, it will be ideal if such a control can be added to dialog based applications and need not conform to a MDI/SDI architecture. Hi Effiniti, >... >Do the experts out there know of any other alternative? > >Also, it will be ideal if such a control can be added to dialog based >applications and need not conform to a M...

How do I change one point in a scatter chart color
I want to change teh colour of one point in a scatter chart, for example Person Score Age time A 25 20 1 B 20 14 1.5 C 22 22 0.75 D 23 23 1.25 I want to plot score against age, but highlight the point where the time is less than 1. Any help would be appreciated Hi, The easiest way is to add another series to plot just the points that need a different colour. Assuming your data example is in the range A1:D5 then add this formula to E2 and drag down to E5. =IF(D2<1,C2,NA())...

Automating bubble chart colours
Does anyone know if the colour of a bubble within a chart can be conditionally formatted through reference to a cell within the spreadsheet ? I want the colour of each bubble within the chart to based on the result of a calculation within the spreadsheet. Currently the cells containing the calculation are conditionally formatted to give a red, amber, green result and I want to link the colour of the conditionally formatted cells to the colour of the associate bubble. (At the moment I update the bubbles manually) Hi, The normal work around for making a charts formatting conditional is...

point & figure charts in ms excel
i am a new member. I would like to know if one can generate point figure charts in ms excel. the standard charts in the chart function d not have point & figure charts & drawing them manually is tim consuming. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I found this buried in Andy Pope's website: http://andypope.info/ngs/ng8.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ amateur < wrote: > i am a new member. I would like to know if one can generate point & ...

Toggling "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button"
I am looking for a way to control the "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button" inside a module. Can't seem to find any reference to this navigation bar in this group yet nor anything in Microsoft Access Help. Since I am on the subject, it would be interesting if I could figure out a way to manipulate what is expanded or not (e.g. expand Queries or not). I am using Microsoft Access 2007. Any tips? ...

control bar docking problems...
We have a number of Toolbars derived from CContolbar. We are having issues with making all the bar dock on the same line. Maybe its related maybe to the height of each bar? How can I fix this so the everthing can dock properly. Craig Klementowski ...

I need help in creating a chart
I have the following data that I am trying to get into a chart and it is not working. Ideally, I would like the height of the jumps going up the left side of the graph, the physical heights along the bottom and the columns to be labeled on the side as the person's name. But, I can't figure out how to put in that one height jumped so high... Name of Person Physical Height Height of Jump Codi 4'11 40" Rosie 5'0 29" Sammy 5'4 ...

Date Grouping in Pivot Chart
I am using a Pivot Table and Pivot Chart to summarize an event count. An event is stored with a date/timestamp and I am using grouping to count the number of events for each day. Not all days have entries. In the Pivot Chart (column type), I would like to plot every calendar day for the time interval in the pivot table, even those w/o a count. When I edit the field settings for Date to "show items with no data", it gives me a whole year's worth of dates instead of just filling in the gaps in my existing date range. In the grouping options, the start and end days are set but seem ...

Status Bar color
For some reason my status bar (bottom tabs indicating page 1,2,3 ...) in Publisher, the color does not change to indicate which page I am on. Can someone help me with this? On my other computer the page tab turns yellow when you are editing or reading that page. I would like it to do so on my other computer. Help! What version Publisher? Have you tried turning the status bar off and then back on? Have you restarted Publisher? Have you restarted your computer? You might try a detect and repair... If you are using 2007, try Office Diagnostics found in the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT M...

Navigation Bar Problem
When I filter records in a split form using a lookup field in a combo box nothing is displayed in the Record # of #. I've had this problem since installing Access 2007 and I was hoping iyt had goytten bettor but no such luck. Nothing is displayed there at times when I open the form..? Does anyone have this problem?? Thanks, james Someone else was talking about this, James, but I can't repro it. Here's what I tried in A2007 SP1. Lookup table of states with 2 fields (abbrev, and full) Local table of 15k clients, including a State field (abbrev.) One-to-many relationship with RI. ...