Column Graphs #2

I am having trouble with the scaling of my X axis (catagory axis) for a
column chart that I have created. It is a series of numbers from 0 to 55. I
need the graph to have a linear scale at the bottom and the columns to be
distributed accordingly. Any suggestions? Thanks

0
lkegley (1)

What data are you using for your X values?

A column chart does not have a numerical axis. The axis is comprised of a
set of labels, or placeholders. Do you need columns, or would another chart
type do?

Information on chart types and axis types:

  http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CatVsValueAxis.html
  http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=190

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"lkegley" <lkegley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having trouble with the scaling of my X axis (catagory axis) for a
> column chart that I have created. It is a series of numbers from 0 to 55.
> need the graph to have a linear scale at the bottom and the columns to be
> distributed accordingly. Any suggestions? Thanks

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

SQL2000 server & RMS 2.0
I have a client that is running HQ RMS 1.3 with the full version of SQL2000 Workgroups. He wants to install RMS 2.0, but 2.0 uses SQL 2005 Express and he is already over the 4 gig limit on the HQ database. How can you use existing SQL2000 database with RMS 2.0? Does he have to buy the full version of SQL2005? Thanks Dave I'm running SBS 2K3 (with SQL 2000) on my server and SQL 2K5E on the workstations. No problems at all. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "DCR" wrote: > I have a client that is running HQ RMS 1.3 with the full version of SQL2000 > Workgroups. He...

Size ALL Columns To Fit
When I open any folder in Vista, the above option is available through a right-click on the 'Name' column. Unfortunately I have to do this every time I open a folder. Is there a way (Regedit, perhaps) to have Vista ALWAYS size all columns to fit at all times automatically, adjusting the width of the folder window as necessary? "ragmaniac" <teeseller@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c2ffd0bd-0b2f-4e66-b50d-5363a7fc407e@s13g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > When I open any folder in Vista, the above option is available through > a right-click on the 'Na...

Titles referencing multiple cells #2
When I try that it tells me I have an error with the formula...... -- geooi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- geooil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1650 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31459 Apparently the charting wizard doesn't allow concatenations, if you tr that formula in a worksheet it works correctly, but not when giving name to a data source in the chart or title -- crispb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- crispbd'...

Adding a signature #2
If Outlook is the email editor for email messages from Outlook, then it's easy to leave the signature off, and manually insert it in an email when required. However, my Outlook defaults to using Word as the editor for emails sent from within Outlook, which I'm mostly happy with - you have more editing options. However, there appears to be no way to manually insert a signature. You either have it always off or always on. How can this be? Please help - I used this feature in Outlook Express a lot and am lost without it. Richard. You can workaround this by creating an empt...

MS outlook #2
My MS outlook crashed yesterday and no longer functions, I unstalled office97 and reinstalled but now outlook can't open my pst file and doesn't have any functionality, calender contacts etc. Any suggestons Thanks Peter ...

2 questions
Hi, I need help in finding where to post for windows 7. Kindly advise as to which newsgroup I should be addressing. Secondly, I was trying to uninstall a 3rd party program using "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel. It used to be called "Add/Remove Programs" in WinXP. I highlighted the program I wished to uninstall, and clicked "uninstall". That little progress circle that goes around and around drove me crazy and I waited for about 10 minutes for the OS to gather "configuration information" about the program to be uninstalled. ...

Generate a file from email #2
There has a truth that we can't 100% guarantee each email are deliverable. However, in some cases, email is an important way to comunicate with client and to overcome the time different. So that an undeliverable email could have a serious impact.... With the above problem, I have an idea to generate a file ,such as *.pdf, *.tif, *.rtf, for some designated subject of outbound email and put them into a ftp/web server. This should make our client to obtain their files no matter the email is delivered or not. To all expert: In order to reduce possibility of fault from user operation, how'...

recycle bin deletes fils automatically after 1/2 hr
files will not remain in bin...I have tried to increase space in bin but that doesn't seem to work! Need help/suggestions....tks. in advance Al ...

CRM V1.2 and SBS 2003 Not Working installation issues
Greetings and Happy New Year My Question is why doesn't CRM behave correctly? Environemnt is SBS2003 Premium Exchange Configred and running correctly. ISA running using 2 Nics. Domain with active directory running ok. SQL 2000 with service packs 3a applied. IIS running ok default websites all accessable. Firstly i followed the IG for SBS2003(Fresh Install with all updates) all prerequisites were ticked off prior to installation. Install procedure was followed to the letter. Results :( http://localhost causes IE to spit up You do not have permissions to view this Web Site. What ...

Fliping the values in columns
Hi I have values in columns A to ...say G. I want to quickly (without retyping the values) flip the order so that what is now in column A appears in column G, what is now in B appear in F etc. How can this be done quickly please? thanks Insert a new row on top, put 1 in A1, 2 in B2 and so to G1, select all values plus the newly inserted values in A1:G1, do data>sort, click options and select left to right, sort by row 1 and choose descending -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "thrava" <thrava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2E671B0-3616-4DCA-811F-1E80668...

Showing totals from two columns
Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need column C to look like this: 15, 7 But instead I can only get them to appear together giving me 157??? Are there any suggestions? Thanks! Try A1 & ", " & B1 Art "Kristin" wrote: > Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? > For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need > column C to look like this: > > ...

Lookups #2
I am trying to write a formula which looks up a product code in a list, and then references a date to pick out a piece of information. The code is in a horizontal list with the dates being in a vertical list across the top of the page. eg Code Dates Jan Feb Mar 111 50 70 80 112 90 10 60 113 60 10 80 It needs to refer to the code then the month, to be able to select the correct cell. eg code 112 in February = 10 Is there a function to cross reference the two pieces of information to select...

stacked column chart not baselining at 0
I have a data set with categories in columns A-B, and data in columns C-I. I've configured my chart to use stacked bars for the first 6 data series and a line for the last one. The first 6 are revenue allocations, with the 7th being a cumulative total. Most of the chart looks as expected, but the first category or row of data is displaying oddly. The figures in this row are all negative (or 0), so I expect the top of the bar to sit at zero, but it doesn't. The top of the bar sits at the value of the 7th/line series, so that the bottom of the bar is at 2x that (negative) value. ...

Pickup Folder #2
Hey all Basic quistion i am sure. Can someone tell me what info the pick up folder holds in exchange? C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\PickUp I have a few emails going in there.... ta On 9 Jul 2006 21:24:49 -0700, ksmm80@gmail.com wrote: >Hey all > >Basic quistion i am sure. Can someone tell me what info the pick up >folder holds in exchange? >C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\PickUp > >I have a few emails going in there.... > >ta That's a directory where you can drop in properly formatted text files and Exchange will deal with them as e...

Unexpected behavior #2
I am having a unique intermittent problem I am hoping someone can hel me with. I have a large Excel VPA application that has several button on the "Config" sheet that execute different VBA scripts. There ar also a large number of drop down list boxes. On a fairly regular basi an unusual behavior occurs, when you click on a drop down box one o the buttons (always the same button) magically moves to the drop dow box that was clicked. Once this happens the first time, every time yo click on a drop down box the button moves to that box. You can clos and reopen the file and it will conti...

Charting Problems #2
I need to create a chart that has axes in "exact" inches. For example, the printed plot area is 6" x 3", or at least 1 axis is exactly inches. ...

Exchange System Management tools #2
I have the Exchange 2003 system managemnt tools installed. I was was wondering if I needed to install sp1, sp2 for exchange 2003 since I have the exchange tools even though I do not have the server itelf on this computer. Yes, if you have sp1 installed on Exchange you should install sp1 on your workstation. Without it, you could risk corrupting your DB. Clayton "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message news:834F0976-1AE6-45C4-8268-BBD53EFBDC00@microsoft.com... >I have the Exchange 2003 system managemnt tools installed. I was was > ...

How to create 2 charts on one page
I have created a yearly chart for widgets accomplished in Excel (has 4 data lines). I would like to add another chart directly below this to show the turn-time for accomplishing the widgets. It would have the same X-axis values (months of the year). I tried using a secondary Y axis, and the chart is just unreadable with this approach. Can this be done. HELP. You haven't told us why it's unreadable, so I doubt that we can help. If your problem is that the two sets of data are overlapping, and you said you wanted the second chart *below* the first one, try adjusting the scales on...

Compare 2 Sheets and Extract Unique Info to a 3rd Sheet
I have two sheets of stock data from a stock screener, both same parameters, just different time frames (i.e., one sheet is newer whenever I import new a new screen from the Internet), which will pull different stocks as time passes. I'm trying to compare the two sheets and extract the stock data (a whole row's worth of data, not just a cell) that is unique to the "Last Import" sheet. This would allow any new stocks identified on the screener to be transferred to a new sheet (called "Filtered List"). That way I don't have to research the same stocks over and ove...

Need a formula that tags one table based 2 columns in each table
I have two tables on one worksheet, Table A and Table B. Each table contains two column with X and Y coordinates, all values are numerical. The coordinate system is irrelevant. I need to "tag" all XY coordinates in Table B that have a matching XY coordinate in Table A. If Table A coordinates are in columns A and B, and Table B coordinates are in columns C and D, then I want to place the text "hit" in column E next to each coordinate pair from columns C and D that match a coordinate pair in columns A and B. The ranges for the respective tables have been named ACOORD and...

Dynamic Chart #2
Can you please help me to create a dynamic chart by using VBA? Thanks in advance!! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements VBA may not be needed. See the Excel | Tutorials | 'Dynamic Charts' page of my web site. -- [Posted directly to the Usenet newsgroup -- no affiliation with Excelforum] Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel...

my formats get pushed out when I insert columns
Hi folks, I am having trouble when inserting columns in a large data field. Whenever I insert a column at some point in the data field, th formulas within the data field adjust, or 'stretch', to accomodate th added column, however my conditional formatting gets pushed along t the right and doesn't adapt itself in the same way the formulas do. This means whenever I insert a column, the formulas remain correct bu I have to reset the conditional formatting for the entire data field. I would be extremely grateful for any advice on this situation. Best regards, melvi -- Message pos...

Still column space after making row group hidden
In a SSRS 2008 report I have a number of parent level row groups which the previous group set the hidden value of the child group. I have the canshrink set to True of the cells however this still leaves a blank space where the group data was. Is it possible to remove this blank space from the report when that row group is hidden in a tablix? ...

[ANN] Altsoft releases Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta
Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta September 15, 2004 Altsoft N.V. Altsoft N.V. announces the beta release of the new version 2.0 of its Xml2PDF formatting engine. The main new features of Xml2PDF engine are: improved XSL-FO 1.0 recommendation and 1.1 draft support; complete SVG support; support for XHTML as an input format; complete CSS support in SVG and XHTML; improved client UI; Altsoft Xml2PDF is a .NET based formatting engine for converting various XML-based formats to PDF. It supports XSL-FO, SVG, XHTML, XML+XSLT as an input and generates PDF as an output. Free evaluation...

Stacked and single column in same chart?
How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a single column? When I build a stacked column chart, any new source data I add wants to put it in the same stacked column. Use one of the links on this page. You need to set up the data so the single column is in a stacking position with no other columns of data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Einstine wrote: > How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a sing...