Column - Column 2 Axis (no-overlap)

Hi,
I have spent hours trying to work out how I can create a chart with 2x
Y axes that are column - column - that don't overlap but are
represented by to bars next to each other - NOT OVERLAPPING.  I feel
that I have tried everything - I have tried fiddling with the overlap
ect... but I can't seem to get two seperate bars.

I would love any hints and even to know if is possible or not.

I thankyou in advance for you response.
Hayley

--
Hayley44
Hayley44's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23803

Hayley -

Try this:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Hayley44 wrote:

> Hi,
> I have spent hours trying to work out how I can create a chart with 2x
> Y axes that are column - column - that don't overlap but are
> represented by to bars next to each other - NOT OVERLAPPING.  I feel
> that I have tried everything - I have tried fiddling with the overlap
> ect... but I can't seem to get two seperate bars.
>
> I would love any hints and even to know if is possible or not.
>
> I thankyou in advance for you response.
> Hayley

Hayley,

I'm not sure what you are asking with regard to axes.   Do you want:

1)  Series 1:  X series - Y series
     Series 2:  2nd X series - 2nd Y series
2)  Series 1:  X series - Y series
     Series 2:  Same X series - 2nd Y series.

Do you want to have a secondary Y axis or have the Y axis labels for each Y
series to be the same?

An example of your data might help me.

"Hayley44" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have spent hours trying to work out how I can create a chart with 2x
> Y axes that are column - column - that don't overlap but are
> represented by to bars next to each other - NOT OVERLAPPING.  I feel
> that I have tried everything - I have tried fiddling with the overlap
> ect... but I can't seem to get two seperate bars.
>
> I would love any hints and even to know if is possible or not.
>
> I thankyou in advance for you response.
> Hayley
>

> --
> Hayley44
> Hayley44's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23803
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=374561

0
BarbR (262)

if cell is text move left one column

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

Sorting on Column headers
I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I really need to save time with this project if possible. Thanks!:) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the > Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in > chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I > really need to save time with this project if possib...

set print area #2

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

Character Length in a column
I have a column where every cell must have 14 characters. Lets say have the name Angel. I need 9 more charcters. Next cell down have the word cake. I need 10 more charcters.How do I automatciall insert the spaces I need to have 14 charcters. HELP PLEASE!!!!! GOIN NUTS ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements One way: Do you care about what characters are added? I'l...

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

help #2

Application icon #2
Hello, all, Have a strange problem. I recently used the tool ResOrg to renumber the resource IDs in a project where there were hundreds of duplicates. This fixed a list of bugs, which is why I did it. The other programmers found three problems after this. One was trivial to fix, a second was actually a problem in the code that renumbering the resouce IDs uncovered and was also easily fixed. The third one is weird though. Renumbering the resources messed up the application icon. I verified this by recompiling with the old resource.h file and the icon is correct. In the renumbere...

Backing Up Outlook #2
I have Windows XP Professional installed. Is there a simple and straight forward way to back up all my Outlook folders and address books to CD? Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "mel weston" <mel.weston@micronsecurity.com> wrote in message news:068d01c35018$e7f97b70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have...