Column Chart

How do I create a column chart that (as data labels) shows the actual numbers for one of the series and percentages for two other
series. Here is the data:

     C=A+B
     E=C+D
     B/C %
     D/C %

     38,6%
     24,7%

     37,3%
     25,3%

     40,1%
     25,0%

     37,4%
     22,1%

     35,9%
     19,2%

The chart must show the numbers in column A, B and D where the data labels for column A data should be 102, 104 etc whereas for
column B and D it should be percentages as shown in the two rightmost columns.

Regards
Hans Knudsen

My apologies for this complete mess. I will try again later.
Hans

"Hans Knudsen" <Hans.Knudsen@mail.tele.dk> skrev i en meddelelse news:%231gikXfUFHA.2768@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> How do I create a column chart that (as data labels) shows the actual numbers for one of the series and percentages for two other
> series. Here is the data:

>     C=A+B
>     E=C+D
>     B/C %
>     D/C %
>
>      102
>     64
>     166
>     41
>     207
>     38,6%
>     24,7%
>
>      104
>     62
>     166
>     42
>     208
>     37,3%
>     25,3%
>
>      103
>     69
>     172
>     43
>     215
>     40,1%
>     25,0%
>
>      102
>     61
>     163
>     36
>     199
>     37,4%
>     22,1%
>
>      100
>     56
>     156
>     30
>     186
>     35,9%
>     19,2%
>

> The chart must show the numbers in column A, B and D where the data labels for column A data should be 102, 104 etc whereas for
> column B and D it should be percentages as shown in the two rightmost columns.
>
> Regards
> Hans Knudsen

Cutting a line in a line chart when data series stops
I have a series like so: Jan 10 Feb 10 Mar 11 Apr 12 May Jun Jul And so on - the rest of the year is blank. When I draw a line chart for the full 12 months the series draws a line up to April, then plummets to zero in May. I want the line to just stop at April. If I use a series as above and genuine empty cells for the end of the year this ok, but since my May cell reads =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,"") the "" does not seem to get recognised as a blank cell. Please help!! Change your formula to =IF($A11<=$D$17,G11,NA()) -- David Biddulph "DannyS" <Da...

Sorting should be done on more than one column
Currently views can be sorted according only to one column. It would be better to sort on more than one column like in excel, first sort by A, then sort by B etc. Bilge Gul ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

All charts in gray color
In SharePoint Sever after I upload a excel file all my charts are displayed in single gray color, not even a different tones of gray just one tone, any idea how to correct that behavior? Thanks in advance ...

Columns Entry
How do I use VBA code to lookup the last entry in a column. Select row 65536 in the column of interest and then control-up. You can record this and then look at the VBA: Range("I65536").Select Selection.End(xlUp).Select --Bruce "aftamath" wrote: > How do I use VBA code to lookup the last entry in a column. ...

Loop through columns and sum them at bottom
Hi, first time poster, so be kind. I've been working on coding a summary sheet that pulls data from worksheets in the active workbook. I'm almost done, but am stumped at writing some code that will loop through the columns that I have copied and total them. I recorded a macro, but nothing happened when I ran it. What I have now is this code snippet that I found which works perfectly when I put my cursor in the active cell. I am not sure how I should write it into my sub. code that I found that works: Set rng1 = ActiveCell.End(xlDown) Set rng2 = rng1.End(xlUp)(2, 1...

Single sheet with multi column spacing
Using Excel97 is it possible to place three sets of data on a singl sheet with each set of data using totally unrelated column spacing? Rows 1 thru 8 have specific column spacing. Rows 9 thru 12 hav completely different column spacing. Rows 13 thru 20 have completel different column spacing. If possible, how do you set it up? Thanks, Timo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Timon Column width is a setting for the entire column. Work-arounds are "Center across selection" or "merged" cells. I do not recommend "merged" cells due to the problems...

excel columns keep changing size
I have a spreadsheet that I want to print on legal sized paper. I have 5 columns that I want to be as wide as possible and fit on the paper, landscape format. Every time I try to change the font size of the text, excel automatically changes the columns size. ALso, even though it says that the font is 48 points, it shows up as very tiny on the screen and also on paper. What is going on? Check your pages set up settings. Go to sheet in page set up and check to see if the print area is empty this could have a range in it. If it does and this is too large for th paper you are using then it wi...

Expand and Shrink Rows and columns to hide information.
I have a spreadsheet with rows 1 & 2 and columns numbered 1 & 2. In column 1 I have the ability to click a plus sign (+) to expand information in hidden rows. Along the top I also have the ability to click a plus (+) sign in column 1 to expand hidden columns. It appears that column 2 denotes those rows to be hidden by a "." Ok how do I set this up? Data>Group and Outline Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 07:29:02 -0800, jf1847 <jf1847@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a spreadsheet with rows 1 & 2 and columns number...

take out comma ID, 10000 to ID 100000 in column
I have a long column and I need to take out the commar between the State and the zip code - anyone know how to do this without going into each cell?? Select your data Edit>Replace, Find what is a comma and Replace with nothing Press Replace all -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Annette" <Annette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC270C85-9F5F-4A94-BFB9-34327AF45697@microsoft.com... >I have a long column and I need to take out the commar between the State >and > the zip code - anyone know how to do this without going into each cell?? Annette, ...

how do I show filter information on a pivot chart in excel2007?
In the previous version of Excel that I used you had the option to show Pivot Chart buttons which detailled how the chart had been filter. I can't find a replacement for this in 2007 so if someone prints the chart it isn't comprehensive in that you can't tell how it's been filtered. I create a lot of these for less experienced users and this info can be critical since descisions are made based on these charts. Can anyone help please? -- ATB Russ Hi, See the reply to my question about the same issue (added 16/9). That works. You just need to modify the macro for every s...

How can I add values from several worksheets in a line chart seri.
I have an Excel document with 12 (monthly) worksheets. I want to make a line chart pulling data in one cell (same cell on each sheet) from each of the twelve sheets. In other words, Jan F2 + Feb F2 + Mar F2, etc. Can I do that on the chart's Source Data menu in the Series/VALUES field? If so, what is the proper language/formula. If not, what are my options? Do I have to make a total page and pull from it? Also, is it possible to make the Category (X) axis label be the Worksheet Name (Jan, Feb, Mar) Lastly, is there a place that gives sample formulas for someone trying to brush...

Help with copying dynamic column selected based on remote cell value and dynamic formula fill
Before posting my nightmare I would like to direct my thanks to all of you who posted answers before. Browsing trough the response I complete maybe 80% of my task in a very neat way. The remaining 20% of the task it seems that will require more than 80% of the time! There are 3 worksheets named S1, S2, and S3. I use a macro to first fill the no value NA() a range sayA1:C700 in S3! And second to open a text file and format data in it (get rid of empty rows via sorting since data in first column is ascending, etc). At the end of this macro there is another worksheet named P1.txt which has 12 co...

Chart's DataTable
Some times we need to show source data with chart. we could turn it true by use specific name in axis(xlcategory) or by using source data 's linking picture . Both of these could help us to show specific series. and as all of us know that, the chart's datatable will show all of the series' value. I want to know whether we can hide any dummy series in chart's data table directly. Thanks for your answer in advance. Hi, No. Formatting, including hiding, of chart data table elements is very restricted. This may help http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm...

Sorting 7 columns
How do I sort more then 4 columns? I've set up a worksheet that sort columns in a base 1000 number system. I want to use the sheet t organize Ideas that I get for creative writing, so to compile the Idea in chronological order. I need to sort more then 4 columns to make it usable worksheet. How Do I sort more then 4 columns, or get around th problem +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: testtwo.txt |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3471 +-----------------------------...

When refreshed, some Pivot Table columns retain formatting, some d
I have not had trouble with retaining column widths and column heading formats (font size, word wrap, alignment) in Pivot Tabl. When refreshed, they retain formatting. Here's the weird part, when I add or insert a new data column into the Pivot Table by checking from field list, that new data column does not retain column heading formats (font size, word wrap and alignment settign) like the original columns do. It does however preserver its column width and number formatting. Why is that? How do I tell Excel to preserve column heading formats for newly added ones? I...

Hiding a column of hyperlinks behind a column of numbers
I have two adjacent columns in Excel 2007: one with numbers, one with hyperlinks. I wish to "place" the column of hyperlinks behind the column of numbers, so if one clicks on the "number" the hyperlink will open. I know how to do this to each individual cell one at a time, but the columns have a couple thousand numbers and hyperlinks. Is there a way I can combine or merge the columns all at once to do what I want? Thank you for any response. Are your hyperlinks the result of the =HYPERLINK() function or are they Inserted hyperlinks?? -- Gary''s Stud...

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Count cells in a column that contain dates
Column J contains dates in some cells, and text in others. I need to count the number of cells in this one column that contains dates. How can I do this? If the only cells that are in that column that are numeric (like dates), you can use: =count(a:a) (Dates are just numbers formatted nicely in excel.) Cachod1 wrote: > > Column J contains dates in some cells, and text in others. I need to count > the number of cells in this one column that contains dates. How can I do > this? -- Dave Peterson ...

Chart line colors
Hi I create a few charts in code from VB.NET using the excel interops, office 2003. In my software I need to be able to set the color of the lines i.e. the color of each series on the chart. There may be up to 9 series per chart. How do I asign a color to the series lines on the chart? Thanks Pieter Get out your version of Excel, make a chart like the one your code will produce, then record a VBA macro while you change the series formats manually. Then all that's left is to translate the VBA into VB.Net. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solut...

Chart background color not copying along
Hi, I have a problem with charts that are placed on seperate chartsheets within my workbook. The chart-area is filled in different of yellow with a fill-effect. No problems thus far. But now when I'm copying the chart to word, the background-fill is reset to a black/white scheme instead of yellow. Strange behaviour that didn't occur up till november 2008. I've been researching this for a while. Up till now I found the following: This only happens when the chart is on a seperate sheet, not when it is positioned on a worksheet. It only happens with fill-effects. The color-swit...

datagridview Combobox column
Hi all, [vb2008] I need help with the following, I have a grid that i have put on there 2 textbox's and a combobox column which works ok. When i then add the data by using the following code below, it works, my problem is with the combobox "YesNo" it put the complete contents of the datatable into the combobox for each row. My question is how can i limit the drop down to 1 yes and 1 no. But at the same time display the correct value according to the datatable? Many Thanks Simon DataGridView1.Columns(0).Visible = False DataGridView1.Columns(1).Visibl...

how to chart same cell in multiple sheets
I have an excel template with 3 worksheets that I created for others to input information into certain cells on each sheet on a daily basis, and resulting save with similar file names. I want to compare the information between workbooks (plotting) to see if the trend results are going up or down. Is there a way to plot a chart, based upon the information in one specific cell (or same specific group of cells) within multiple sheets (excel 2000 or 97)? I can present the information in various ways. 1) Same cell or group of cells within same named worksheet, over many workbooks (files)....

VBA
Dear all, I have several charts in a sheet for which I need to change the data ranges. Currently each chart has a different data range, and for each chart the new desired data range is just an straightforward extension of the original (i.e., the new data ranges could be easily calculated from the original ones just by adding a fixed number of rows/ columns). I am therefore trying to implement a macro for updating the data ranges of my charts automatically, but so far I haven't found a way for getting the actual data range of a chart. I guess I'm looking for something like the opposit...

comparing columns
I have a master Excel worksheet, which has six columns:- C:D:E:F:G:H and there are approximately one thousand rows. On a daily basis I import data into Column A. of this master worksheet. The data consists of lots of different 10 digit numbers, so I have a different 10 digit number in each row of Column A., an example of which follows:- A 1234567896 1721626196 3333445556 7768754321 9675332699 The amount of rows that I import also varies daily, it can be as low as five rows of 10 digit numbers imported, or approximately 999 rows of 10 digit numbers imported. The rest of th...

XY Scatter Chart #2
I am creating a chart inside of a microsoft access form. I am trying to use the XY Scatter chart. On the Y-axis, I have 2 columns of data listed based on 50 units. On the X-axis, I have a timeline based on days. When I press the 'Preview Chart' button when I am going through th wizard and the chart and data look exactly like I need it to. Once click the finish button, I get a totally different look. Has anyon ran into this before? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe the chart was created with series in rows, instead of columns. To fix that: Open the f...