Column Chart With Averages Displayed

I'm trying to create a "100% Stacked Column" chart with the Averages for each
series added in as a secondary axis.  So I'm basically trying to create a
combination chart, with primary axis being the 100% Stacked Column chart and
the secondary axis being a scatter plot of the average.

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.
--
Regards,
Dave

I'd probably just be content with a line series for the average, and not
deal with the different X axis types. Calculate the averages in the
worksheet, and add this range to the chart as a new series. Excel will very
helpfully add it as another brick in the wall, so select the new series, and
using Chart Type on the Chart menu, change it to a line type.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"David Billigmeier" <dtbill21@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to create a "100% Stacked Column" chart with the Averages for
> each
> series added in as a secondary axis.  So I'm basically trying to create a
> combination chart, with primary axis being the 100% Stacked Column chart
> and
> the secondary axis being a scatter plot of the average.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.
> --
> Regards,
> Dave

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Sum Different Rows & Columns
I need some assistance with making the following calculation. Eac week a person shoots a score. They can have anywhere from 1-12 score over a 12 week period, but no more than 1 per week. Each week a calculation is made to generate "bonus points" which ar added the next time they register a score. I need to find a way to: 1) Locate the current week's score for each unique person. 2) Add the "bonus points" calculated in their previous record (which i tabulated in a different column). The data is in the following format: Date Person Score Total Bonus 15-Jan Mike 1...

Beginner needs help to make chart or graph or pie
I only know a *little* about Excel, and a *little* about presenting data on some kind of chart. I don't know how to do formulas or anything but a basic spreadsheet in Excel. My Project: I need to show that my Natural Gas usage spiked during a gas leak involving multiple pipes leaking small amounts at the same time; the leak wasn't noticed for 4 to 6 months. I have 3 years of gas bills-- 1 year before the leak, the year involving the leak, and 1 year after the leaks were noticed AND fixed. I'd like a visual rendering to make it easy for a 4th grader (i.e. my landlord - LO...

reuse unusable urls in a column ith 1 command
Hi all, Here is another freak question from one of my students: "I receive a column with URL's where some are clickable and others aren't. (blue or black) When I get into a cell with an unclickable url and press F2 and next Enter the URL becomes clickable again. Taking me to the clicked website. When I have a column of 5 problematic URL's this is OK but when I have thousands of rows I get tired. Is there a way to in one command activate all unclickable URL's?" My idea is that we ould need a macro to go to all rows and edit and confirm. I could write the macro ...

vaiable colours for selection in chart
Hi I have a chart (line) which uses looks at data on a state by state basis for each quarter(year). If I look just at a single quarter there might be data for 80% of the states, then when I look at the next quarter there might be 30% of the states with data. The workbook is available to be used over a network. I'm trying to set the width of the lines to wider thinkness then the standard, say 7 and not 3. As there are 6 graphs on a3 page and not 1 graph per page. The second is to stop the use of the yellow colour as it just washes out on white paper. Is there a way to solve this. I...

Format Column
I have a column with inmate id numbers in it. I imported them from a text based program. I made a custom formatting for the column because all the id numbers begin with zero. IE 00112356 or 01555666 etc... The format I used was 00000000 under custom. The problem now is that I want to import them into access but access doesn't see the zero at the beginning. How can I make it show the literal number including the zeros? I tried adding the '01222555 before the number, but I would have to manually append 2000 records. Is there a faster way? Morph. Hi you could use a helper column...

How to set the autofill options in a column of a input data table
I have a table that is designed and saved for data input. On this table some columns sequence when auto fill is used and others just copy. I can of course use the control key to vary the autofill result but this involves using the hand that is keeping place on the paper sheet record and anyway is not a neat use of the spreadsheet. I can find no way of setting this requirement. Try using the "Right Click" and drag options. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! =========================...

Excel Chart Display Order
I typically have multiple charts stacked within a worksheet for quick comparison purposes; in Excel 2003 I simply clicked on part of the stacked chart I wanted to view, and this chart was displayed in its entirety. In Excel 2007, viewing a particular chart within a stack requires that I right-click, and then select "Bring to Front." Simply clicking the chart I want to view does not display it. Is there a less-time consuming way to do this, or am I just a cranky old man saying, "back in my day...." A lot of us were cranky about that one. Makes no sense. You could te...

Imbedded OLE or Imbedded (Excel) Chart in 2007 Report?
I have previous 2003 OLE MS Graph objects on a report. Can I optimize my report by imbedding the 07 Chart Object instead of the OLE Chart Objects? Is it faster to Load an OLE Chart Object, or run a dynamic 07 Chart Object? Does any of this make sense at all? Thanks. Kou ...

Trendline Not The Same as Equation Displayed
I plotted data from lab measurements on an Excel chart, then asked the program to create a trendline for the data and display the equation for the trendline on the graph. The only problem is that the equation Excel produced is completely different than the trendline shown. The trendline is a 5th order polynomial for the data set: x 20 25 30 35 40 y 194 85 57 43 31 The equation displayed is: y = 0.0037x4 - 0.4927x3 + 24.728x2 - 552.38x + 4705 The equation transposed to spreadsheet: =(0.0037*A2^4)-(0.4927*A2^3)+(24.728*A2^2)-(552.38*A2)+4705 where A2 is the x value. The plot of this equ...

Data to transfer from column to row #2
Dear All, I have a cell that contains like: PM-1234, PM-2345, PM-5689, PM-9999. I want to segregate these 4 tag into rows. i.e., PM-1234 PM-2345 PM-5689 PM-9999 Is there any excel guru out there to help in my problem??? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, qwerty7 -- qwerty7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- qwerty70's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3267 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52474 If you highlight the four cells containing the data, then click <...

display text with button
I have multiple buttons and one text field (unbound). What I want to do is when user click on the button. It will display a message in the unbound text field. ie. My first button is Product and when the user click on the product button to open the product tab control the unbound text field will show Product. When the user click another button label Milk, the unboud text will show only Milk. Thanks. ...

displaying embedded image in unboud form
I've a table (cust) with a OLE Object field (flag) containing (small) embedded bitmap images. These images display fine in a form bound to the table. I now want to display them in an unbound form, referencing another field in the "cust" table (like select flag from cust where language = 'EN') to show the English flag. I've tried the image control, bound and unbound objects on the unbound form. I cannot find how to configure the settings of either of those to display the embedded picture. Please do not answer with solutions with linked images. I kno...

How to display the TOTAL of a sub form on the parent Form?
on my sub form (subDetails) I have a totals column. I then Total the totals column in the footer of the subform in a field named (txtOrderTotal) I want to display that total on the Parent form (frmOrders) (I do not want to just show the footer of the sub form due to placment issues) So on my parrent form I have a text box with this code in the control source =Forms!subDetails.txtOrderTotal BUT all I get is "#NAME?!" I have doubled checked my spelling. Am I going about this wrong? Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Dave On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:38:35 -0700...

Ratio-to-moving average
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C746C6.CBE5EA60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know how to create a ratio-to-moving average in Excel?? Thanks in advance, ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C746C6.CBE5EA60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = cha...

Average with multiple conditions
I'm trying to calcluate the average where multiple conditions have to be met. I've tried a couple of different formulas based on other postings, but I continue to get "0". I'm trying to calculate the average of months open (Column F) if the following conditions apply: Date closed is >= A1 Date closed <=B1 Bucket = "12 Month" Column D Column E Column F Date Closed Bucket Months Open 1/5/2006 12 Month 11.2 1/1/2004 24 Month 16 2/1/2006 48 Month 52 2/5/2006 12...

Help with pie chart
I want to see if there is a way to create a pie or other chart that shows the percentage of total yes that come from each individual with the below data table... Thanks in advance for your assistance... # of Yes # of Calls % Yes % of Total Yes Frank - - - 0% Leo 3 3 100% 60% Shammy - - - 0% Rosalia - - - 0% Katie - - - 0% Hector 2 2 100% 40% Arash - - - 0% Abdool - - - 0% Alvaro - - - 0% Totals 5 5 100% You can either plot the percentages, or plot the #Yes column and select the data labels option to show percentages. - Jon -------...

Pivot Tables and Charts
Hello May I please ask for your kind help? I have 5 variables - a, b, c, d, and Fitness. When I create a Pivot Chart, with Fitness=height, I obtain one chart with ONE surface. It is very useful to plot everything on one chart, however I would like to plot several surfaces on the chart. In other words, to me a surface is a 3D plot of variable Fitness vs variables a and b, holding values for variables c and d constant. Example 1. Suppose variable c can take on 3 values, and variable d can take on 4 values. This means that there can be 3*4=12 combinations of variables c and d. ...

Stop chart lines going to zero
Chart lines drop to zero on last point unless cell is highlighted and delete key pressed, which is no good if there is a formulae in the cell. Anybody know how to cure this ?? In article <68F329DB-DF81-4F7C-89BC-108D1DAB559C@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B? VG9tIEg=?= <Tom H@discussions.microsoft.com> says... > Chart lines drop to zero on last point unless cell is highlighted and delete > key pressed, which is no good if there is a formulae in the cell. Anybody > know how to cure this ?? > > Replace the "" in the formula with NA() -- Regards, Tushar ...

Applying Excel Chart Templates
I have created my own chart template In Excel 2007 and it saves without error. When I try to apply it, I get an error message stating Windows doens't know what program to open it with. When I associate the file to Excel, it still doesn't work. Any assistance with this problem is most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Hi, Are you trying to open the .crtx file directly in excel? Not sure that is how it is suppose to work. I think need to apply the template to an existing chart or use the template when creating a chart. Cheers Andy neeses wrote: > I have created my own chart te...

Time-Line Chart
I'm trying to create a "time-line" chart on both sides of the X axis. For example, item '1' lasts (3) seconds long and is 'positive' (above X axis). Item '2' lasts (2) seconds and is 'negative' (below X axis). Item '3' lasts (5) seconds and is 'positive'. Every time I graph this the lengths of the items are graphed vertically instead of horizontally. Any suggestions? *** ***** _________________ ** Thanks, Zack Hi, Zack, Try using a bar chart as the chart type. (Note: If you don't want your timeline...

chart blank on report
I am trying to insert a chart in the footer section of a report to summarize the data for each RepType. I use the chart wizard and when I view the chart in the wizard it looks correct. As soon as I print preview the report nothing shows up at all in the chart, just a blank box except for the chart title. The RepType is both the child and master link fields. Pleae help! Thanks for the suggestion, but that still didn't work. I think it has something to do with the linked child and master fields. As soon as I set those to blank then the chart shows up, but I want the chart to cha...

Column-Line Chart w/ Dates
I have a chart that is using columns for category "A" on the primary x-axis (a $ amount). This category is broken down first by person, then by month. So essentially from left to right the columns will be person "1" and month "1", person "1" and month "2", person "1" and month "3", person "2" and month "1", and so on.... The chart is also using lines to mark category "B" on the secondary x-axis (a $ amount that is a portion of category "A", but not a percentage. Essentially c...

Setting up production charts in Excel
I would like to set up a production chart in Excel, what formulas do I enter? The jobs could over run so this will alter the daily production sheets. I want to be able to alter one job run and then it will rearrange the following jobs. Can this be done and if so how do I do it? I am running mms office excel 2003. I hope some one out there can solve my problem, I do hope its possible too. I work for a printing company with no production sysytem at all!! What I would like to do is to set up a daily, weekly and monthly production sheet for jobs to be worked on. We have three departm...

#N/A isn't charting in VBA
I was told in the programming group to come here. I have a problem I'm hoping someone can give me a hand with. I've been asked to create the ability to make charts on any page of a workbook by clicking a button on the worksheet. I've been able to do that, except that there is data from three non- contiguous rows on the Y axis, and if there are any #N/A's it's erroring out. It doesn't error out when I do it manually though. Can anyone give me a clue? Here's the code I have in there now. There are 30+ sheets by the way. I appreciate any help. Sub ChartCreation() '...

pareto chart text alignmenthe
I have multiple catagories that are included in my charts. The problem is these catagories are overlapping because there is so many. If I remove some catagories, the information gets generic. I would like all my text to appear vertically???? To change the alignment of the axis labels, double click on the axis (or select axis, Format - Axis) and go to the alignment tab. Change to +90 degrees or -90 degrees, whatever your preference. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Lance" wrote: > I have multiple catagories that are ...