Colour part of a line on an X Y graph

I have an XY graph which connects the series with a line.  Lets say the
series runs left to right on the chart creating a straight horizontal line.
Is it possible to have multiple colours on that line?  That is, I want to
colour certain portion of the line a certain colour and other portion another
colour.  Is this possible

Hi,

You can format the line between points by selecting the series and then
selecting the specific line segment. Use CTRL+1 to bring up the format
dialog. Note that formatting the line segment will affect the legend so
you might be better off plotting additional data series with gaps in the
data.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

how to create a Lineweaver-Burke graph in Excel
I have to create a graph of enzyme inhibition values and I was told to use Lineweaver-Burke graph for this. the closest thing i have found is found here http://www.usm.maine.edu/~rhodes/Goodies/EnzKinNsr.html. yet i cant figure out how to plot. Create a column of the value "S" Create a column of Vo for experiment 1. Create a column of Vo for experiment 2, etc. Create your X values as 1/S. To be consistent with this example, make sure your units are the same. Calculate Y1 from Vo experiment 1 Calculate Y2 from Vo experiment 2. Start on that and come back when you have tha...

Three line charts on same chart
can I break the y axis to plot three series with total different value on the same line chart and showing their clear paths. Chris, These sites might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm These examples deal with columns but you can easily apply the same concepts to line charts. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Chris" wrote: > can I break the y axis to plot three series with total different value on the > same line chart and showing their clear paths. Chris - Here's anoth...

Word 2001 for OS X
Simple question that I just can't hunt down the answer to, and I hope someone could just answer pretty easily. . . . Does Mac Word 2001 work on the latest version of Mac OS X (10.3.7 I think)??? And I don't mean in classic mode, I mean does it work like any other program without having to use classic mode. I think so, but I need to know for sure. In article <1104957946.508268.170070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, jsteinsapir@gmail.com wrote: > Simple question that I just can't hunt down the answer to, and I hope > someone could just answer pretty easily. . . . Doe...

Selecting X cells based on answer to formula
Hi, I am trying to put together a spreadsheet that performs a couple of tasks. The first is basic resourcing which i am ok with, sort of how many heads and how many hours available means X cases will be done. The next thing I need to do is use the X cases result to identify from a list the oldest date and work through sequentially X dates in that column, which will not be consecutive, and tell me what the date of that case is. So if there were 10 cases done I would like one cell saying the oldest case worked on was - first date in column. And following doing the 10 cases I'd lik...

problem with Excel graphs
I have two data series (where points are unrelated apart from x,y values) coming from experiments first (x,y) 1.23,340 1.4,320 1.5,360 1.7,400 second 1.25, 420 1.33,450 1.41, 470 1.6,500 1.85,470 1.7,400 I wish to create a graph in Excel 2003 and have x and y axis in a suitable range as x 1.0..2.0, y 200..500 however I am unable to instruct Excel to do that, comments and suggestions are very appreciated, Carlo Make an XY chart using the first data set Select and Copy the second data set Click chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special and specify New Series & Category (X values) in ...

Cannot restore Exchange 5.5 on-line backup
Background info: =========== We had an Exchange 5.5 server running on a Windows 2000 Server (SP4). That server was upgraded from NT 4.0. We got problems with SMTP mail and couldn't get it to work anymore even after reapplying Exchange SP4 and reinstalling the IMS connector. So we took an extra on-line backup of Exchange using NTBackup (to a HDD on another server). Everything seemed fine with the backup. No error messages. Then we reinstalled Exchange 5.5 on the same server, reapplied SP4 and made sure we used the same server name and site name as before. Then we tried to restore the back...

Graphs #5
I am trying to figure out if and how one can display sales data in a Excel graph where the data is presented in a geograpical map of North America. For example, i want to display sales numbers by city and province / state in / on / over a map or atlas image? Can anyone offer advise as to how one can do this? Thanks Mark Mark, I don't think Excel can do that type of thing. We historically had to this type of thing by hand in powerpoint over a clipart map. Last summer, we bought MS MapPoint 2004 to do cool map charts. I didn't end up getting it but my collegue did and he found ...

Method to group lines
Hi, I have this kind of sheet: 1?? AA1 2?? BB1 3?? CC1 3?? CC2 3?? CC3 3?? CC4 3?? CC5 2?? BB2 3?? CC6 3?? CC7 3?? CC8 1?? AA2 2?? BB3 3?? CC9 3?? CC10 3?? CC11 every rows it's a cell. The first number is the level of depth. How can I group group the rows by the level? I need to use the function "Group" of Excel, so I can hide/show rows. In this way I would see, before all the 1 then I expand them and I see only the 2 and so on... Thanks in advance for your help! -- Ciao BlackSun I usally add 3 auxilary column to the worksheet.. these could ...

graphing ordered non-numeric value
How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on the x-axis? Hi Mkchu, > How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very > Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on > the x-axis? Probably the easiest way is to give each of them a number (e.g. Failed = 0, Excellent = 6) and plot those. Then format the Y axis to show markers but no labels and use text boxes for the labels. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel...

Dates in Excel 2007 graph axis dialogs
I work for an environmental engineering firm, and commonly create time-series and other scatterplots of numerical data using Excel. In Excel 2003, I could format a time-series scatterplot axis minimum and maximum easily by typing in the dates in short date format. Not so in 2007 - it refuses to accept dates in anything but "days elapsed since 01/01/1900" format. Is there a workaround for this? Why was it changed? It was quite useful. Overall, I'm pretty unhappy with the new Excel. It seems to have acquired a lot more layers of very questionable usefulness. Many of...

Text lines in a cell
I want to be able to have more than 1 line of text in a cell. -- kboec kboec Wrote: > I want to be able to have more than 1 line of text in a cell. > > > -- > kboec Hi kboec Try this; Enter first line of text, then hold down ALT key and press Enter, no enter second line of tex -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40069 Hi kboec, Type something in the ...

auto position of data labels in a line chart
Hi All Does anybody know of a way of automatically having data labels either positioned above or below depending on another cell value? Basically when I update data behind a series of charts, sometimes (depending on the values) its best to have the value labels above and sometimes below. I want the chart to know which is best automatically without me clicking on each series of data labels and manually changing them. I was thinking I could link this condition to a cell (in which I would have a formula telling it what to do). I think the only way that this could be done would be withi...

how to extract data from csv file? (part 3)
hi dave thanks so much for your advice and help... i really appreciate it... i have tried your method to change the separator as u said but in fact, mine was already set to the us standard... i run the command again but again the data is all in one column... i know i can record a macro to do the stuff that i need but because i'm working as an analyst and i have to extract data from any csv files as and when needed and they might not have the same structure and it would be faster and more efficient for me if i can run what i need from just one command... what i tried in my command is to t...

Order of Category in X-axis
Good day everybody, I have a chart looks like this : A3 | A2 | A1 | -------|------------------- I would like it to be like this : A1 | A2 | A3 | -------|------------------- I remember I can reverse my Category in X-axis by clicking a reverse option when I used Excel 2000. But now I couldn't do the same with Excel 2002. I will appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Julie Julie - Double click the axis, click on the Scale tab, and check the Categories (or Values) in Reverse Order box. You probably also will want to check the A...

Auto filter on blank lines
When I auto filter there is normally blank lines at the bottom but now when it's filtered it's greyed out and I can't add any new lines. ...

How to add an icon to Excel toobar to choose colour of a border
Hi, Back again. Having now created a pre-formatted workbook and worksheet in the way that I was helped here, in this ng, earlier, I am now setting up my customized toolbar, with the icons that most suit me. I have placed on my custom toolbar an icon that lets me choose, quickly, what kind of border I want to add to a cell, however I don't know how to place in the same toolbar an icon that will allow me to choose the *colour* of that border. I have read in the Excel "Help" notes where it says that the correct icon is the one by which one chooses the colour of a drawn line. Tha...

Synchronizing Off-Line Folders
We use Exchange 2000. I use off-line folders for everything. It appears that I should be able to synchronize some of those - like my calendar - so that others on the Exchange system can see it. Is this possible? I think I have calendar selected for off-line synchronization, but I'm not sure where I did that. Synchronizing your offline folders makes them available to you when you are not connected to Exchange. It has nothing to do with whether other users can see your calendar. If you want to have others be able to see your calendar, you need to set permissions. --� Milly St...

chart with dates on the x-axe
how can you change the x-axe into a text x-as when the data are dates ? on specific dates a want to show a specific value. When I want to create e.g. a line-type chart, the values are ok, but the x-axe with the dates becomes a time-ax in stead of showing the real dates from the data. Is there a way to change the dates into text, without making it explicit text (with a ') because I want to use them also for calculating things. ??? -- chriske ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chriske's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

graphs in excel
Is it possible for me to have a graph in excel with a straight line going from zero to a fixed number as a standard line. and then put in information from a pivot table to populate the graph with another line so i can compare that line with the standard line?? it seems that i can only have one line in my graph if i load it from the data in a pivot table?? -- girth69 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ girth69's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23634 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

Line spacing

Excel 2003 does not display all of plot y axis label. What's up?
When using excel 2003 xy scatter plot, the y axis lable is only partially displayed when the text is rotated to vertical. This problem is also visable when a plot is cut and pasted into another office document. Is there a solution to this? ...

CREDIT LINES
Why in the transaction listings do credit lines show a positive balance when there is actually money owing? This makes it difficult to transfer money from one account to a credit line. please answer my question! Donnie "Donnie Peterson" <dlpeters@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23s2TLs%23jEHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Why in the transaction listings do credit lines show a positive balance > when > there is actually money owing? This makes it difficult to transfer money > from one account to a credit line. > > please answer my question! > >...

unwanted line when printed
Trying to print business card. On screen it is perfect, however when printed un wanted black mark, like an underscore appears. Randomly or is a particular spot? "boystress" <boystress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D67C4A60-AEC5-446B-B26A-CAD5EDB24358@microsoft.com... > Trying to print business card. On screen it is perfect, however when > printed > un wanted black mark, like an underscore appears. Try using the best setting when you print. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "boystress" <boystress@discussions...

top of some lines does not print
In trying to print a list of names with accresses, etc. the third line of each name/address does not print. Everything else looks fine. I have tried everything - cleaning cartridges, chg. cartridges, etc. Help! Hi If you are using a report to print the details - set the control to Can Grow = Yes -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Frustrated Granny Beth" wrote: > In trying to print a list of names with accresses, etc. the third line of > each name/address does not print. Everything else looks fine. I have tried > everything - cleaning cartridges, chg. cartridges, et...