Color coding data in line graphs

I am building several line graphs for 9 customers.  Is there a way to assign
a color for the data by customer without manually adjusting the line for each
customer in each line graph?
0
brewer (4)

You could adapt this approach:

VBA Conditional Formatting of Charts by Series Name
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/vba-conditional-formatting-of-charts-by-series-name/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

brewer wrote:
> I am building several line graphs for 9 customers.  Is there a way to assign
> a color for the data by customer without manually adjusting the line for each
> customer in each line graph?
0
jonNO1 (306)

Problem with Date format from VBA code
I have written some VBA code to make a spreadsheet operate as a cash till. I use the Now method to populate a cell for the till receipt date , and cells in the Date column for a sales records worksheet. I format these cells to be dd/mm/yyyy, as follows: '--- use a cell to store todays date value Range("CF.Date").Value = Now <skip some lines> '--- post formatted date to sales record c.Offset(1, 1).Value = Format(Range("CF.Date").Value, "dd/mm/yy") Here's the problem: The code works fine for every date after the twelfth of the month... but ...

Copying Old Data to RMS-HQ
I have very important old data and i am going to implement RMS, Is there any way to loaded to RMS-HQ -- Mr. Ibrahim Zubair Hi , What sort of data ? Sales History ? Item ? If both you need a third party application that will import your data in RMS-HQ..Try to source out from RMS partners :) try this...www.retailrealm.us...I dunno if they have partners near you .... anyway, I hope it helps... "Ibrahim Zubair" wrote: > I have very important old data and i am going to implement RMS, Is there any > way to loaded to RMS-HQ > -- > Mr. Ibrahim Zubair ...

Subscript out of range ... sometimes! (Same code unpredictable re
XL 2003 The file Test.txt is in memory but I want it to be the active sheet therefore I attempt to execute: .... Dim UpdateFileName as String .... UpdateFileName = "Test.xls" 'shown just as example Windows(UpdateFileName).Activate .... Sometimes I get "Subscript out of range" error other times not. Results of major frustrating investigation: I noted that when the filename only (i.e. Test.xls) in on an XL Tab on the (Win XP) task bar, all is OK. When the path is included with the filename on an XL Tab on the XP Task bar I get the error. Further, if I use th...

How can row data report into columns?
I have a spreadsheet where data is input by row left to right: A1 thru Z1 etc..... How can row data report into columns? AA1 thru AA26 etc where A1 would go into cell AA1 and B1 would fill into AA2 etc? Any way to do this? Thanks in advance, Louis "Louis" <a> wrote in news:5cqdnflHWtaqgiPVnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@suscom.com: > I have a spreadsheet where data is input by row left to right: A1 thru > Z1 etc..... > > How can row data report into columns? > > AA1 thru AA26 etc where A1 would go into cell AA1 and B1 would fill > into AA2 etc? Any way to do t...

Color Scheme, alternatives to the three?
The three options offered as Access 2007 color scheme are all inferior to the way Office 2003 and all previous versions appeared. During the beta there was apparently an option in the color scheme list that like the prev office. I've not found any references to alternate schemes in the release version? They sure messed up with Access 2007, in so many ways. ...

how to use a cell contents as a graph title
I want to be able to use the contents of a cell to set the title of a chart. Changing the cell contents would then automatically change the title of the chart. Hi, You can find details here http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A26E519B-022E-4E8B-923E-B35A612FDA5D@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to use the contents of a cell to set the title of a >chart. > Changing the cell contents would then automatically change the ti...

Data counting problem #3
The real issue is that I have an original spreadsheet containing lengthy list numbered 1 through 3000. I need to remove each row tha isn't included in the 'criteria' column which has numbers spotte throughout 1 to 3000. So I was going to sort by the one or zero colum and then remove all the zeros. Thank you all for your help. appritiated it -- GlitchCo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GlitchCog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1612 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...

unwanted line and number in document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) An unwanted line with a number beneath (1 &amp; 2) has appeared at the bottom left hand side of the page in consecutive pages of a document. How do I remove? Based on your brief description the numbers could be either of several things � probably page numbering or footnotes. If you can be more descriptive of the situation it will make it easier to give you the proper direction for dealing with them. Accurate details are important. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/12/10 8:54 PM, in article 59b...

Format colorful for a cell (that has formula)
Dear All, Formating colorful for a cell that has formula is posible? For example: = "I'm " & 1 + 1 & "years old" And the desired result is: "I'm 2 years old" So, these is any way for me to do this. Please help. Thanks so much. OverA -- OverA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- OverAC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3239 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53585 You could write a UDF to test if a cell has a formula Function IsF...

accessing XML data
Hi, I need to import data from XML to Access97 , what is the best way??? Is there any ODBC solution?? Thanx! Domac This was written with Access 2000 in view, but the idea should work. Check out the article at DBJ. http://www.databasejournal.com/features/msaccess/article.php/3310901 -- Danny J. Lesandrini dlesandrini@hotmail.com http://amazecreations.com/datafast "Domac" <dd.cc@cc.cc> wrote ... > Hi, > > I need to import data from XML to Access97 , what is the best way??? > > Is there any ODBC solution?? > > Thanx! > Domac > ...

conditional format based on data type
Some of the cells in my spreadsheet contain dates, and some simply contain an "x". (Some cells are blank as well.) If the column contains an "x", I'd like it to be centered within the cell; otherwise with the dates, the default flush right is fine. I've tried a few things, and poked around for answers online, but am not finding a solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks. Bert Cell alignment is not a feature of Conditional Formatting. You would have to go with a macro in my opinion. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 15:39:59 -0400,...

Displaying 2 straight lines
Hi, Hope someone can tell me how to do this.... I have one set of points which form a straight line - these are (3.1,0), (3.1,100), (3.1,200), (3.1,300) i.e. a vertical line. I have another set of points that form a straight line - these are (0,0), (3.1,100), (6.2,200), (9.3,300). I have two problems displaying these: (1) I want both lines to appear on the same graph; (2) I want the traingle formed by the points (3.1,100), (3.1,300) and (9.3,300) to be shaded, as this indicates a surplus (for the purposes of illustration). I would imagine there would definitely be a way to display ...

Create Pivot Table Data with Column "Sum" rather than "count" defa
I have a large set of data (20,000 rows and about 100 coulmns). I wish to select about 5 columns for a pivot "rows" and about 60 columns to place in pivot "data". Unfortunately, when I drag these columns into "data", all of them default to "count" of column. I then have to manually change each one to "Sum". Is there a simple way to change this default to "sum" without a 2nd step for each field added? If you have any non-numeric data in a field (empty cells are non-numeric!), then excel will use Count. But you could tak...

outlook 2003 programming using managed code?
I'm not sure I'm posting this question in the correct newsgroup, so please bear with me. I'm spending some time learning how to customize outlook using VBA using the Sue Mosher text. The next step, after VBA, is the COM library. But, overtime, Microsoft will "cover" most of the important COM libraries with managed code. I think this is a positive step. Managed code is far easier to program with than the "bare" COM substrate. So now my question: is there an "official" Microsoft managed code layer for Outlook? It's an obvious next step. It's not...

Large Line-Spacing on Replies
When I reply to certain other Outlook user's messages, the spacing between each line of my reply is enormous. How can I easily reset it to normal line spacing? Thanks, Bryan Easily? That depends on your definition of easily. The only way I know of is to tweak the text formatting (line spacing, spacing before/after, etc.) as you would with any other Word document. If there is a one-step process that actually works, I would sure like to hear about it... Tim "Bryan Elwood" <belwood1grass@airmail.net> wrote in message news:e3QYB3esHHA.400@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &...

Sum/Product/Average of a group of data
Hi. Does anyone know if there is a function which can do the following: - calculation (eg sum/product/average) of largest 6, for example, of the whole data - calculation (eg sum/product/average) of smallest 6, for example, of the whole data - calculation (eg sum/product/average) of a specific range (eg from 3th largest to 8th largest, from 3th smallest to 8th smallest) of the whole data ??? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP Hi, Try these: =SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(A1:A20,{1,2,3,4,5,6})) =PRODUCT(LARGE(A1:A20,{1,2,3,4,5,6})) =AVERAGE(LARGE(A1:A20,{1,...

Dividing Line
After entering some misc. bank charges that were from the summer a dividing line appeared below my last check and all the new information I try to enter falls below this line. No matter how I try to get it to the correct posting date it stays below the line. Any ideas? What if you enter a transaction with yesterday's date? Does it move back above the line once entered??? "diamonds2" <diamonds2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67EFE9F3-668A-49B1-ACCE-19A6FBF7098A@microsoft.com... > After entering some misc. bank charges that were from the summer a d...

PO Line Item Scheduling -GP8
How can I schedule a PO Line Item in GP, for example. Line 1 = item ABC, Qty = 8000 each. I need to schedule it for schedule 1 = 2000 each for March delivery schedule 2 = 4000 each for April delivery scheudle 3 = 2000 each for May delivery regards, David It' sounds like you really want to use a "Balnket PO" instead of a Standard PO. Blanket POs are for a single item, and you can then schedule releases against them Steven "davidv" wrote: > How can I schedule a PO Line Item in GP, for example. > > Line 1 = item ABC, Qty = 8000 each. > > I...

How do I put custom data labels on charts in Excel?
I have a chart showing burn rates (fairly small numbers) and EACs/ETCs(Relly big numbers). I have set up 2 Y-Axis, but this stretches the burn rate a lot, so if it changes a little bit, it adjusts the axis and suddenly, a 1% spike goes all the way from the bottom edge to the top. I know I can define the axis to compensate, but then if there really were a spike, it has the potential to go off the page, something I'm not sure people will know how to fix when I leave this internship in a couple weks. What I want to do is add another set of data, a percent change in the burn rate. O...

Comparing rows of data
Hello all, I need to be able to compare rows of data to effect an end result (see reference table below). If the item numbers match in B, I need to check the values in the corresponding cells of column C - and if the value in any of those cells equal zero, I need to check the values of the corresponding cells in column D, and take the highest value within that range and return that number in the corresponding cells in column E. Is this possible? And if so, is there a quick and dirty way to accomplish this? Any help is greatly appreciated. A B C D E ST Item ROP LdTime Result 1 WI 1002 7...

Please Heeeeelp! Vba code to add animation to an existing object
I am a teacher trying to make a game using 2007, and i am trying to do two things. One is to add an animation like the spin to a picture by clicking on a botton, but all the examples i find , add the animations while creating a shape so i dont know how to make the animation to an existing picture in my slide. the other thing is to stop the animation by clicking on a button. I found an example to pause the slide but the problem is that i have other animations that are stopped as well and i cant use that. The picture is of a wheel with numbers that i want to spin so when i click th...

Money 2004 Deluxe keeps corrupting data...
I have been using Money for a few years... Every year, I purchase new Money to keep up with new features. However, the Money 2004 Deluxe has corrupted my data a couple of times already when I import data my from banks. It freezes up when I download from bank so I have to quit the process in order to access the money again. After it happens, the balance is different when I view it from favorite list than when I go to the account to see it. Going to account shows the correct balance, but viewing the balance from the favorite list shows it completely different balance. I am wondering if it&...

insert row below where the cell data is "Wednesday"
Can someone help me? I checked Excel Help and didn't find insert row based on data....thanks!! ....Lisa Excel 2003 look in vba help index for FIND if only one or FINDNEXT if more. Good example -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <gerry.lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156424702.624278.17530@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Can someone help me? I checked Excel Help and didn't find insert row > based on data....thanks!! > > ...Lisa Excel 2003 > If you're trying to insert a new row when the values in a column change, may...

Color in Linked Worksheets
I have multiple worksheets linked to 1 worksheet within the same workbook. The numbers carry over fine, but the background colors don't. I know you can use "copy/paste special --> format" to carry over the color. But if I change the color in the original cell that is linked to other cell, the color doesn't automatically change. Help! Hi can't be done with links/formulas -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rachel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d2f001c439ca$03a72840$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have multipl...

Slow Code Execution 02-11-10
Hi all, I have a some code that I am using to read the contents of each cell of the multiple rows in a 4 columned table. I am experiencing a slow down when my code gets to a particular line of code with is: Set myRange = oTable.Rows(i).Cells(j).Range when the table contains less than 100 rows the macro flies along really quickly, however when the number of rows is increased to 500 or so, my code grinds to a snail's pace, but strangely (at least in my eyes) this slowdown occurs on the very first line in the table.row.count is high (I would've thought that the cod...