Color box unavailable on Patterns tab in "format data series"

I have a user who is working with some charts and can not edit the color box
(is grayed out) on the patterns tab in “format data series”.   We feel it is
a user setting or something because a different user can pull in the same
spreadsheet and edit the color of a graph bar just fine…   Has anyone
encountered this?  Any suggestions?

Format Data Series Markers
I have a data series with markers on it. When I included the markers, automatically a large number of them appeared and were overlapping. Is there any way I can change this so there are only a few marker on the series? It tried going through the help menu, but did not have all the suggested selections. I went to the format data series menu and selected "options." Then according to the help menu, I was suppose to type numbers into an "overlap" box, but I don't have one present. Does anyone know how I can change the number of markers on a data series? Thanks ...

format data series line width default
Hi Is there a way of setting the default width of lines for a series in line chart? like in the tools->options->color, where you can set the default colors. ( or the vb code of setting the colours ActiveWorkbook.Colors(25) = RGB(51, 102, 255)) many thanks in advance Noel You can't set the line width the same as you can modify the color palette, but you can format the line width and the rest of the chart features, then save the chart as a custom chart type: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html The syntax for setting the line width in code is easy ...

Color box unavailable on Patterns tab in "format data series"
I have a user who is working with some charts and can not edit the color box (is grayed out) on the patterns tab in “format data series”. We feel it is a user setting or something because a different user can pull in the same spreadsheet and edit the color of a graph bar just fine… Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions? ...

Format data series (Chart)
Hello, I know how to format a data series in a chart. I right-click on the data in the chart, select 'format data series, no problem. I want to format several series at the same time (eg line thickness, marker colour). Is there a way of doing this ?? Thanks KK Hi, You can only select a single data series but you could use a macro. Here's a sample one with a couple of format options Sub FormatChart() Dim r As Series For Each r In ActiveChart.SeriesCollection r.Border.Weight = xlThin r.Shadow = True Next End Sub Mike &quo...

format data series
Hi, I have a xy scatter chart in a worksheet. It's a Temperature Vs. Time chart. Temperatures are gathered using a 3rd party plug (so I can't put any formula on those cells - since i can't edit an array). Is there a way (using some kind of formula in format data series) to tell it not to plot anything below 0 degree, in an other word, leave value on y-axis blank for that day? Thanks, Hi, Can you not use additional columns to reference the data gathered by the 3rd party addin, which can contain formula? Cheers Andy Jeff wrote: > Hi, > I have a xy scatter ch...