clustered stack column charts #2

I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns.  I tried
using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to
add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series.  I don't get it???
0
LouT (6)

How does one series in a stacked cluster use the secondary axis?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Lou T wrote:

> I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns.  I tried
> using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to
> add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series.  I don't get it???

Jon,

I used the link on your site to get to and use Bernaard Liengmen's method
for combination charts.  This method has a series of steps that include
changing the secondary axis of each data series from the y-axis to the
x-axis.  When I did this it worked for 5 of my 6 data series but would not
let me do it for the sixth - it was shaded gray.  In any case, I somehow got
it to work (after placing this post) by removing and then the adding data
series.  Unfortunately I don't know or understand what I did to make it work
so if you can offer any insights I would greatly appreciate it.

Lou

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> How does one series in a stacked cluster use the secondary axis?
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> Lou T wrote:
>
> > I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns.  I tried
> > using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to
> > add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series.  I don't get it???

0
LouT (6)
10/3/2005 12:55:03 PM
Lou -

First, you're not changing from the Y to the YX axis. You're changing
from the primary XY axes to the secondary XY axes. Sometimes Excel
assumes you only wanted the secondary Y axis to show (not the X) but you
can get at it through Chart menu > Chart Options > Axes.

More important, you cannot have all series in the chart on the secondary
axes, one series at least must stay on the primary. Reread the
instructions to see which one you shouldn't change.

- Jon
-------

Lou T wrote:
> Jon,
>
> I used the link on your site to get to and use Bernaard Liengmen's method
> for combination charts.  This method has a series of steps that include
> changing the secondary axis of each data series from the y-axis to the
> x-axis.  When I did this it worked for 5 of my 6 data series but would not
> let me do it for the sixth - it was shaded gray.  In any case, I somehow got
> it to work (after placing this post) by removing and then the adding data
> series.  Unfortunately I don't know or understand what I did to make it work
> so if you can offer any insights I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Lou
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>

>>How does one series in a stacked cluster use the secondary axis?
>>
>>- Jon
>>-------
>>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>Peltier Technical Services
>>Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>>http://PeltierTech.com/
>>_______
>>
>>Lou T wrote:
>>

>>>I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns.  I tried
>>>using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to
>>>add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series.  I don't get it???

sharing workbook #2
i have a sheet, which i want to share it with others. i want others t append data to it on a continuos basis and all that data should b saved. can somebody "teach " me how to go about it? for eg: i want to record login and logout time by employees in a x sheet. this login and logout time would be entered by the employee themselves, against their names that is in a column -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

DirectShow MPEG-2
I'm trying to play various files that I've converted to different formats. I've tried three different formats. Two of the videos play, but with no sound. One video won't play because RealPlayer SP says it has to download update and then it can't because "Microsoft DirectShow compatible MPEG-2 decoding software isn't installed". I have wasted a great deal of time trying to find what I need and can't. When I found one site and tried to download it said I didn't need it because I have SP3. I have windows xp home edition 2002, sp3. I want to...

Entering Numbers with 2 Decimal Places
Hi, I've been using Excel for years, yet this is my first time on this newsgroup. When reconciling my checkbook, I can set my 10-key calculator to 2 decimal places, so that whenever I enter a number, it automatically converts it to dollars and cents. Is there a way to do this in Excel so that I don't have to hit the "." ? Thanks, Bruce Choose Tools>Options On the Edit tab, add a check mark to Fixed Decimals Set the number of places to 2 Click OK Bruce wrote: > Hi, > > I've been using Excel for years, yet this is my first time on this > newsgroup....

ughh.... Office 2004 sp2 (11.2) update error
Let me start this out by saying I'm a PC engineer, I do not do Macs, but my wife had a G4 and we just upgraded it. I know I'm not the only one getting this error as I've seen it listed about a dozen times, but the only people that I see with a solution have external hard drives. I've loaded Office 2004 with SP2 Version 11.2 (050714). I've tried auto update as well as downloading. and I keep getting the #$%#@ error "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the Read Me file included with this install to det...

From new Publisher to old #2
Hi. I have constructed a document in Publisher XP, and I am now sitting at a computer with Publisher 2000. And I need the document now. Is there anyway that I online can convert the document. I realise I should have converted at the computer with the newer Publisher, and I though I did - but I must have forgotten. Is there any way I can get around my stupid mistake, or will I HAVE to pay? I will convert it for you. Send it to gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com It is very possible you will lose formatting and if images are involved, the file may increase quite a bit. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MV...

2 Servers
We have a new Windows Server 2008 as a Domain controller. We also have the existing Server with Windows Server 2003. We are thinking of using the older Windows Server 2003 as a Mail Server running Exchange Server 2007. How should we configure the Server runing Exchange SErver 2007: (a) as a Domain Controller (Backup Domain Controller) (b) as a Member Server Your response will be appreciated. Regards, Guido it doesn't matter.. if you will only run the mail server on it.. or you can create a virtual server and run only the mail server on it as well.. easier ...

Smart List export to Excel #2
Hi, We are using Dynamics 9.0 and Office 2003. When we try to do a Smart List export to Excel, we keep getting an "Exception_Class_Object_Exception" that references varying object errors, such as 'Cells' or 'Value'; the object errors will change each time we try an export. As a workaround, I've found that closing Excel before doing the export allows the export to complete successfully. However, that solution isn't acceptable, as our Dynamics users would like to be able to work in Excel, doing other tasks, while the export is processing. Does anyone...

IMAP/POP/SMTP on cluster
I have a question about running the imap, pop and smtp protocols on a clustered Exchange 2003 server. When trying to stop any of the above mentioned virtual servers, I get a error message stating: "Add a cluster resource for this virtual server in order to start, stop, or pause it" I have manually added cluster resources for pop and imap according to 818480, smtp is handled automagically by the cluster wizard so my question is really - Am I supposed to be able to stop any of the VS from the ESM or is this working as designed? And yes, IMAP, POP and SMTP traffic does work rega...

How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar? #2
Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only prints 1024. How can I print all? Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. Use a smaller font. Widen the column width lengthen the row height. Curious wrote: > > Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only > prints 1024. How can I print all? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com Thanks, but none of your suggestions work. I'm using Excel 2003 by the way. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. &g...

Font problem #2
I'm using the free trial download of Publisher & at work I use Publisher 2003. Regardless of which one, the font is changing whenever I type a ' or press the spacebar. I'm using Helvetica, and Times New Roman is the default. The toolbar shows Helvetica, but these characters switch the font to TNR. I've searched the help menu which has been useless. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks! ...

Chart labels do not print in 2003
My spread has several sheets and two of these have eight graphs on each - all sized to fit on one A4 page per sheet. Since i have upgraded to Excel 2003 from 2000, some chart titles no longer print. I have upgraded my printer drivers and also tried this on other Excel 2003 machines, and they have the same problem. However, if i go back to an Excel 2000 machine it prints fine. The report is distributed to users of both versions. Any ideas how to fix this? I don't really have a guess. Have you tried it on different printers (if you have them available)? If you create a small test work...

Open file(2) from file(1) and then close file(1)
I need to open a file(2) when I open file(1) and then close file(1) File(1) name can change so I need variables. sequence will be Open File(1) Open File(2)... I do it by the following macro: Public LaunchFile As String 'in this public variable I want to keep file(1) name Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lDir, lFile, lFileMtr As String lDir = Sheets("launch").Range("B2") & "\" 'direction of my file to open lFile = Sheets("launch").Range("B3") & ".xls" 'file name to openm lFi...

OWA error message #2
I got "440 Login Timeout" when open OWA. Without SSL, it's OK. I am using Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Please help, Thank you inadcance. Lisa Have you installed the OWA hotfix and Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831464 This may help as well.... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_esdk_arch_webdav_security.asp Bob "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043a01c48fb9$4689e360$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I got "440 Login Timeout" when open OWA. Without SSL, > it's OK. ...

squashed columns
Apologies if this has been asked before. One of my users occasionally has a problem where the columns in her spreadsheet appear all "squashed up" when she opens the file. She is using Office 97 SR-2. Any ideas why this is happening? ~Paul. Did she or any one else save the file with a zoom factor (far) less then 100% ? -- Regards, Auk Ales * Please reply to this newsgroup only * * I will not react on unsolicited e-mails * "Paul Birney" <pbirney@eircom.ie> wrote in message news:uqstZ%23QAEHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Apologies if this has been asked ...

Column that needs separation
I am very new with excel and I am putting together a worksheet that has a column consisting of two primary names. I would like to format the entire column with the result being both names having their own color throughout the column. Alternatively, I could go to each row and highlight the name but there are about 1000 rows. Thanks, Aaron Say column A has entries like: James Ravenswood Run this small macro: Sub Colorizer() Dim A As Range, r As Range Set A = Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Range("A:A")) For Each r In A v = r.Value s = Split(v, ...

Excel charts in print preview distorted.
I'm assisting a customer with an excel presentation she created on another computer. She is curently using Excel XP and she changed some of the data the charts are pulling from and now the charts are all distorted in print preview. The charts are all scrunched up in the upper portion of the page. I view this presentation on my computer and all looks fine in page layout and print preview. I tried setting her default printer to mine, no help. I tried adjusting her video resolutions (they were originally the same as mine) to higher and lower resolutions and get the same results. Any...

Publisher v 2.0
I have some files from an old 3.1 system that I would like to import into a newer v of Publisher. Can I open them with Publisher 2003 etc? You should be able to open them... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081001c4e5f5$c7f92a40$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have some files from an old 3.1 system that I would > like to import into a newer v of Publisher. Can I open > them with Publisher 2003 etc? >-----Original Message----- >...

Contacts with 2 or more Email addresses
I have a couple of contacts that have more than one email address. When I send an email, it wants to send it to ALL there email address when I ricght click on a persons contact name and choose create a new mail message. Is there a way to make it default to a certain email address? I have office 2007 on Windows XP delete the addresses you don;'t want to include. The send to contact action doesn't have a way to identify the address you wish to use, so rather than pop up a dialog first, it adds all the addresses so you can choose which address (or send to all). -- Diane Poremsky...

Outbound message queue #2
Hi I have Exchange 5.5 :( In the Internet Mail Service, Queues, Outbound messages awaiting delivery, there are hundreds of emails that look like SPAM. I know our Exchange Server is not a mail relay so where are all of these emails coming from and how do I stop them. I tried turning on all the message tracking and log file options I could find and looking at the log file but it didn't really show anything obvious except the domain "mail.ru" was on a like 30 messages. (I put "mail.ru" in the domain reject list) Can someone help me please................... Tha...

Hyperlink to a chart
Hi, I have created a graph and placed it as a chart in a new sheet rathe than an object in an existing sheet. It is therefore classified as Chart rather than a Worksheet. When I try to insert a hyperlink to th Chart, it does not show up in the hyperlink browser along with th other existing Worksheets. Is this because the Chart is not technically a worksheet?? Is there any way I can create a hyperlink to the Chart like I can t every other Worksheet? If anyone knows how to insert a hyperlink to a chart sheet, I woul greatly appreciate them sharing it with me. Kind regards, Stuart Wilso -...

Excel password #2
Hi all, I've an old worksheet in Excel 2k, and I forgot the password I saved with it. Is there a way to retrieve it? thanks N! Xau N! Xau, Workbook password to open???? If so, here's a post by Norman Harker that should give you a start. John <snip> Hi! If it is a workbook password then here is the standard post on that one: The following sites advertise ability to recover, amongst other things, Excel file passwords. These passwords are imposed when saving Excel files and are not to be confused with *internal* passwords on sheets and workbook structure. http://www.i...

Pie Chart Colours
I have a pie chart that indicates production slots on a line, sometim there are 10 slots other times there are only 3 or 4. Can i specif what colour each slot should be dependant on the source data. i.e If the first slot is for Part A then use RED, if the next part i Part B then use BLUE. I currently create the chart and then manually change the colours t suit the part -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com got you all stumped, or is it just impossible to specify formnatting i source data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

zones in excel charts
I'd like to be able to set up zones in an Excel chart. Imagine a bell curve. Areas under the curve within one standard deviation could be green, those between one and two standard deviations would be yellow, and those more than two would be red. Or I can have an X - Y scatter chart. If the X-axis runs from 0 - 10, I might want 0 - 3 as red, 3 - 5 as green, and 5 - 10 blue. Just as an example. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button...

Selecting Charts in a Macro
I have a worksheet which contains 7 charts: 1st Chart = Chart 12 2nd Chart = Chart 7 3rd Chart = Chart 11 4th Chart = Chart 13 5th Chart = Chart 24 6th Chart = Chart 16 7th Chart = Chart 26 I have a macro which copies the worksheet it over to a new worksheet within the same workbook, the charts are then labelled: 1st Chart = Chart 9 2nd Chart = Chart 7 3rd Chart = Chart 13 4th Chart = Chart 10 5th Chart = Chart 2 6th Chart = Chart 12 7th Chart = Chart 15 The macro then tries to select each chart and change the source data, what I don't know is how excel will treat the chart numbers for...

Line Chart #9
Hi, I have a line chart for month on month data Jan'07 Feb'07 Mar'07 Apr'07 May'07 Jun'08 A 93 99 120 111 85 90 This is the Eg data. Is there a way to show difference in values. For Eg : Jan - Feb there is a +6 difference. Then there is a +11 difference... etc Is there a way i can show this difference on the graph automatically? Other than manually inserting a text box?? Thanks Rajula Please don't multi-post. Cross-post if you must. -- David Biddulph "Rajula" <Rajula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FBF5AFF-6629-470C-B...