Cleaning up Imported Text

I wrote a web query to get text data from a Federal Reserve Bank site.
Here's the site:
http://federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/Summary/indexnc_m.txt

The query window #1 contains the above address, window #2 is checked for
"Only the tables", #3 is set at "Full HTML formatting" (when set at "None",
everything went to one column, when set to "Full HTML formatting" results
were same as for Rich text). Under the "Advanced" button I left only "Import
<PRE> blocks into columns checked. The net result is that everthing flowed
into the spreadsheet across 4 columns. When I attempted to chart the
results, a screen told me the data range was too complicated. So I attempted
to delete the two empty columns B & C. They won't delete. I assume this is
why I can't get an accurate scale for my chart.  I could sure use a pointer
about this time. Two hours and I've got nothing to show for it!


0
jaygreg90 (64)
3/5/2004 5:13:43 AM
excel.charting 18370 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
593 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 31

When I created web query in Excel 2002, all the data was imported into 
column A. I used formulas in columns B and C to extract the date and the 
amount.

For example, in cell B7:  =DATEVALUE(LEFT(A7,6))
   Format this as a date
IN cell C7:  =MID(A7,SEARCH(".",A7)-5,10)+0

Copy the formulas down to the last row of imported data.
Base the chart on the date in columns B and C.

John Gregory wrote:
> I wrote a web query to get text data from a Federal Reserve Bank site.
> Here's the site:
> http://federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/Summary/indexnc_m.txt
> 
> The query window #1 contains the above address, window #2 is checked for
> "Only the tables", #3 is set at "Full HTML formatting" (when set at "None",
> everything went to one column, when set to "Full HTML formatting" results
> were same as for Rich text). Under the "Advanced" button I left only "Import
> <PRE> blocks into columns checked. The net result is that everthing flowed
> into the spreadsheet across 4 columns. When I attempted to chart the
> results, a screen told me the data range was too complicated. So I attempted
> to delete the two empty columns B & C. They won't delete. I assume this is
> why I can't get an accurate scale for my chart.  I could sure use a pointer
> about this time. Two hours and I've got nothing to show for it!
> 
> 


-- 
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
3/6/2004 2:50:27 AM
Thanks Debra. I apprecaiate that. Only problem is, this is going to be a
repetative process involving a macro that will seek that web site every week
and replace the entire sheet. Won't that whipe out the formula? I don't know
how much of the sheet get's affected when the macro replaces a page.


"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:40493C73.20806@contexturesXSPAM.com...
> When I created web query in Excel 2002, all the data was imported into
> column A. I used formulas in columns B and C to extract the date and the
> amount.
>
> For example, in cell B7:  =DATEVALUE(LEFT(A7,6))
>    Format this as a date
> IN cell C7:  =MID(A7,SEARCH(".",A7)-5,10)+0
>
> Copy the formulas down to the last row of imported data.
> Base the chart on the date in columns B and C.
>
> John Gregory wrote:
> > I wrote a web query to get text data from a Federal Reserve Bank site.
> > Here's the site:
> > http://federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/Summary/indexnc_m.txt
> >
> > The query window #1 contains the above address, window #2 is checked for
> > "Only the tables", #3 is set at "Full HTML formatting" (when set at
"None",
> > everything went to one column, when set to "Full HTML formatting"
results
> > were same as for Rich text). Under the "Advanced" button I left only
"Import
> > <PRE> blocks into columns checked. The net result is that everthing
flowed
> > into the spreadsheet across 4 columns. When I attempted to chart the
> > results, a screen told me the data range was too complicated. So I
attempted
> > to delete the two empty columns B & C. They won't delete. I assume this
is
> > why I can't get an accurate scale for my chart.  I could sure use a
pointer
> > about this time. Two hours and I've got nothing to show for it!
> >
> >
>
>
> -- 
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
>


0
jaygreg90 (64)
3/7/2004 4:13:08 AM
As part of the macro, you can add the formulas, and autofill to the end 
of the imported range.

John Gregory wrote:
> Thanks Debra. I apprecaiate that. Only problem is, this is going to be a
> repetative process involving a macro that will seek that web site every week
> and replace the entire sheet. Won't that whipe out the formula? I don't know
> how much of the sheet get's affected when the macro replaces a page.
> 
> 
> "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> news:40493C73.20806@contexturesXSPAM.com...
> 
>>When I created web query in Excel 2002, all the data was imported into
>>column A. I used formulas in columns B and C to extract the date and the
>>amount.
>>
>>For example, in cell B7:  =DATEVALUE(LEFT(A7,6))
>>   Format this as a date
>>IN cell C7:  =MID(A7,SEARCH(".",A7)-5,10)+0
>>
>>Copy the formulas down to the last row of imported data.
>>Base the chart on the date in columns B and C.
>>
>>John Gregory wrote:
>>
>>>I wrote a web query to get text data from a Federal Reserve Bank site.
>>>Here's the site:
>>>http://federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/Summary/indexnc_m.txt
>>>
>>>The query window #1 contains the above address, window #2 is checked for
>>>"Only the tables", #3 is set at "Full HTML formatting" (when set at
>>
> "None",
> 
>>>everything went to one column, when set to "Full HTML formatting"
>>
> results
> 
>>>were same as for Rich text). Under the "Advanced" button I left only
>>
> "Import
> 
>>><PRE> blocks into columns checked. The net result is that everthing
>>
> flowed
> 
>>>into the spreadsheet across 4 columns. When I attempted to chart the
>>>results, a screen told me the data range was too complicated. So I
>>
> attempted
> 
>>>to delete the two empty columns B & C. They won't delete. I assume this
>>
> is
> 
>>>why I can't get an accurate scale for my chart.  I could sure use a
>>
> pointer
> 
>>>about this time. Two hours and I've got nothing to show for it!
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>-- 
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
>>http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
>>
> 
> 
> 


-- 
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
3/7/2004 4:22:25 AM
Import the file from the web, and split it into its two constituent columns:

Sub GetThatTextFile()
     Workbooks.Open _
         ("http://federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/Summary/indexnc_m.txt")
     With ActiveSheet.Cells(65536, 1).End(xlUp).CurrentRegion
         .TextToColumns Destination:=.Cells(1, 1), _
             DataType:=xlFixedWidth, _
             FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 1), Array(6, 1))
     End With
End Sub

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______


Debra Dalgleish wrote:

> As part of the macro, you can add the formulas, and autofill to the end 
> of the imported range.
> 
> John Gregory wrote:
> 
>> Thanks Debra. I apprecaiate that. Only problem is, this is going to be a
>> repetative process involving a macro that will seek that web site 
>> every week
>> and replace the entire sheet. Won't that whipe out the formula? I 
>> don't know
>> how much of the sheet get's affected when the macro replaces a page.
>>
>>
>> "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
>> news:40493C73.20806@contexturesXSPAM.com...
>>
>>> When I created web query in Excel 2002, all the data was imported into
>>> column A. I used formulas in columns B and C to extract the date and the
>>> amount.
>>>
>>> For example, in cell B7:  =DATEVALUE(LEFT(A7,6))
>>>   Format this as a date
>>> IN cell C7:  =MID(A7,SEARCH(".",A7)-5,10)+0
>>>
>>> Copy the formulas down to the last row of imported data.
>>> Base the chart on the date in columns B and C.
>>>
>>> John Gregory wrote:
>>>
>>>> I wrote a web query to get text data from a Federal Reserve Bank site.
>>>> Here's the site:
>>>> http://federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/Summary/indexnc_m.txt
>>>>
>>>> The query window #1 contains the above address, window #2 is checked 
>>>> for
>>>> "Only the tables", #3 is set at "Full HTML formatting" (when set at
>>>
>>>
>> "None",
>>
>>>> everything went to one column, when set to "Full HTML formatting"
>>>
>>>
>> results
>>
>>>> were same as for Rich text). Under the "Advanced" button I left only
>>>
>>>
>> "Import
>>
>>>> <PRE> blocks into columns checked. The net result is that everthing
>>>
>>>
>> flowed
>>
>>>> into the spreadsheet across 4 columns. When I attempted to chart the
>>>> results, a screen told me the data range was too complicated. So I
>>>
>>>
>> attempted
>>
>>>> to delete the two empty columns B & C. They won't delete. I assume this
>>>
>>>
>> is
>>
>>>> why I can't get an accurate scale for my chart.  I could sure use a
>>>
>>>
>> pointer
>>
>>>> about this time. Two hours and I've got nothing to show for it!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Debra Dalgleish
>>> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
>>> http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
>>>
>>
>>
>>
> 
> 

0
jonNO1 (306)
3/7/2004 5:23:54 AM
Do I just start a macro then copy and paste these instructs to the end of
the code I find when I see it in the editor?

"Jon Peltier" <jonNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message
news:%23lEAkRABEHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Import the file from the web, and split it into its two constituent
columns:
>
> Sub GetThatTextFile()
>      Workbooks.Open _
>          ("http://federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/Summary/indexnc_m.txt")
>      With ActiveSheet.Cells(65536, 1).End(xlUp).CurrentRegion
>          .TextToColumns Destination:=.Cells(1, 1), _
>              DataType:=xlFixedWidth, _
>              FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 1), Array(6, 1))
>      End With
> End Sub
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
> _______
>
>
> Debra Dalgleish wrote:
>
> > As part of the macro, you can add the formulas, and autofill to the end
> > of the imported range.
> >
> > John Gregory wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks Debra. I apprecaiate that. Only problem is, this is going to be
a
> >> repetative process involving a macro that will seek that web site
> >> every week
> >> and replace the entire sheet. Won't that whipe out the formula? I
> >> don't know
> >> how much of the sheet get's affected when the macro replaces a page.
> >>
> >>
> >> "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> >> news:40493C73.20806@contexturesXSPAM.com...
> >>
> >>> When I created web query in Excel 2002, all the data was imported into
> >>> column A. I used formulas in columns B and C to extract the date and
the
> >>> amount.
> >>>
> >>> For example, in cell B7:  =DATEVALUE(LEFT(A7,6))
> >>>   Format this as a date
> >>> IN cell C7:  =MID(A7,SEARCH(".",A7)-5,10)+0
> >>>
> >>> Copy the formulas down to the last row of imported data.
> >>> Base the chart on the date in columns B and C.
> >>>
> >>> John Gregory wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> I wrote a web query to get text data from a Federal Reserve Bank
site.
> >>>> Here's the site:
> >>>> http://federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/Summary/indexnc_m.txt
> >>>>
> >>>> The query window #1 contains the above address, window #2 is checked
> >>>> for
> >>>> "Only the tables", #3 is set at "Full HTML formatting" (when set at
> >>>
> >>>
> >> "None",
> >>
> >>>> everything went to one column, when set to "Full HTML formatting"
> >>>
> >>>
> >> results
> >>
> >>>> were same as for Rich text). Under the "Advanced" button I left only
> >>>
> >>>
> >> "Import
> >>
> >>>> <PRE> blocks into columns checked. The net result is that everthing
> >>>
> >>>
> >> flowed
> >>
> >>>> into the spreadsheet across 4 columns. When I attempted to chart the
> >>>> results, a screen told me the data range was too complicated. So I
> >>>
> >>>
> >> attempted
> >>
> >>>> to delete the two empty columns B & C. They won't delete. I assume
this
> >>>
> >>>
> >> is
> >>
> >>>> why I can't get an accurate scale for my chart.  I could sure use a
> >>>
> >>>
> >> pointer
> >>
> >>>> about this time. Two hours and I've got nothing to show for it!
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> -- 
> >>> Debra Dalgleish
> >>> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
> >>> http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>


0
jaygreg90 (64)
3/7/2004 2:33:23 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Verification/Import of data
Hello, I have two separate worksheets. I would like to use the first worksheet to verify the same data on the second worksheet is correct. For instance, in worksheet one I have a city and a number (in two individual cells) and I would like this same data in the second worksheet (in two individual cells). Is there a way to somehow link (?) or import or (?) the two sheets so when the first worksheet is updated, the second worksheet will also update. I am so very lost.:confused: Thanks for your help! -- Karmen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kar...

Text is Chinese Under Excel 2003
I have a macro that I wrote a number of years ago. It works fine under all recent versions of Excel. Part of the macro is a dialog box that allows opening and saving of files. There is a text box that displays the directory. When I installed Excel 2003 the directory text is now some asian language. I need an interpreter to know which directory I am in! <g> Any ideas? Thanks, Mark ...

Importing contracts with CDF
I am trying to import accounts and contracts to CRM 3.0 using CDF database. I have a problem with the "BilltoAddressName" and "ServiceAddressName" datafields of the CDF database(contract_table). These datafields are not imported to the CRM database. In "Account" table I have an address called "BILLING ADDRESS" and in the "Contract" table, "BillToAddressName" datafield, I write the same NAME, but nothing is migrated. Do you have an example? Thanks. ...

Text spreadsheet becomes too large
I was sent an excel file by a member of our accounting dept. and while it is not very large at all it has grown to 134 mb even though it contains no graphs, imbedded objects, special formatting or anything of that nature that would cause it to grow this large. Does anyone know how this can happen. The file has 3 tabs and only uses about 20-30 rows on each tab with nothing other than text but it has grown to 134 mb. Is there something behind the scenes that could be causing this or anything I can look at to find out why this file has become so large. Thanks! Hi see: http://www.con...

problems with imported dates
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I am importing data with dates that range from 1887 to 1950s. Excel keeps the 1880s dates, but either subtracts or adds 4 years and one day to all of the 1900s dates. I have tried reformatting the dates in the source information, reformatting in excel and copying to another spreadsheet, using different date formats to move the data, etc. nothing seems to work. <br><br>If there is anything this program should do, its process dates correctly. This is a major issue when accuracy is involved and is wor...

Take a look at these important package from Microsoft Corporation
--jkqcbttwekjggnsq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="seeubmkagdiyw"; type="multipart/alternative" --seeubmkagdiyw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tkwbuuacscd" --tkwbuuacscd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help prot...

Is there a way to import Tax Details and Tax Schedules
I've got a list of about 300 Tax Schedules to enter into Dynamics GP 9.0. All of these have a combination of CITY, COUNTY and STATE tax details. I'm familiar with Integration Manager but I could not find a suitable destination to use. Is there a way to import this information instead of manual data entry? Is there a way to copy the tax details and schedules from one company to another? Thanks in advance. ....Steve The Tax Details are stored in the Sales/Purchases Tax Master (TX00201) table. you can use table Import or SQL tools to import the data easily. The Tax Schedules are...

error in importing data
Hi, i just finished to update my crm 3.0 and now i would like to import my datas. I have a .csv file and the importation procedure recognice all the record, but crm gives me always the error 8x8004032d for all records. Can someone help me please? My profile can do everything so I am sure to have the autorities to import. Thanks Alessandra I'm assuming you're trying to import the accounts? I believe that you can't import them. If you have Scribe, I'll send you the .dts file to import them as Accounts & Contacts - it would save you alot of time. "Alessandra"...

Text wrapping button grayed out
My text wrapping button is grayed out, also the position button. I am using newly installed Word 2007. No matter what picture I select same result. I click on picture, format, arrange. If I bring up a docx document sent by somebody else these buttons then work on their document Any help appreciated. ...

Edit box banner text question
I've seen banner text used in edit boxes and have recently discovered how to implement it myself. My question is, is there a way to make it stay visible when the edit box has focus (as long as the edit box is empty) the way it does in Vista's login screen? I'd like to be able to do this in any OS from XP (SP2) and newer. Having the banner text remain visible when the edit box has focus would be extremely handy for dialogues and property sheet pages that open with the focus on an empty edit box. >I've seen banner text used in edit boxes and have recently discovered how...

Form Field
I do inspection work on submarines that must be documented. Each Boat has it own ID code that I would like to appear in another are of the form based on what boat I select from a Form filed drop down list. Please see the attachment: Block one I select a boat in the drop down. In block 2 I would like the first 5 numbers to automatically appear based on the selection in block 1. Currently they are in matching order but it is easy to mis-select the wrong 5 digit number if you are not careful or familiar with the layout. I have no preference for how its done, just that it works....

Removing text #2
I have a column of names with text and numbers at the end eg J Smith ABC 5.0 I'd like to remove the last characters leaving the names only. Can anyone help? Thanks DR Hi maybe a formula like =TRIM(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3)) in an adjacent column -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DREED wrote: > I have a column of names with text and numbers at the end > > eg > > J Smith ABC 5.0 > > I'd like to remove the last characters leaving the names only. > > Can anyone help? > > Thanks > > DR One way: =LEFT(A1,MIN(IF(ISNUMBER(1*MID(A1,ROW(...

Problems importing addresses from Xcel to Word for printing label.
I have created a basic client database in xcel with column 1 being name, coumn 2 begin address, and column 3 being phone number. I want to import the names and address to word to print address labels. I go throught the mail merge process and when I get to the end all the labels on the page just say "Next Record". No info at all from my xcel sheet. See if it helps using these instructions instead http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) &qu...

Problem with text
I am setting up my first web site so I would be grateful for any help - thanks. I have a template which was developed in Dreamweaver which I am modifying and I have done most things. However, when I changed the font size, it went from one page to 5 pages. This was shown as very thin and long frames. I have reduced it to two but there are still three blank pages in Preview. I can't reduce it to one page because the text at the top of the frames/boxes has a lot of white space in front of it. I cannot beck space to go to the start of the frame/box. Any ideas anyone please? Th...

How can I open a text file to the screen
Can anybody tell me how to open (print)a text file to the screen. For example, to click a botton and the file will be shown in the screen. Using something like the code below.(the code below is not good, but I want to give you an idea) private: System::Void ShwCrdBtn_Click(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e) { FileInfo^ fi = gcnew FileInfo("C:\\MyFile.txt"); fi->OpenRead(); } -- Thanks Allen Basically, there are several things you can do depending on exactly what you want the result to look like. If the only thing you want to be vis...

icon w/text
unable to see text in icon on task bar - only get blue box ? Is it an icon, or the rectangular bar of a minimised window? len wrote: > Unable to see text in icon on task bar - only get blue box? Open Display Properties, Appearance tab, and change the styles, or click Advanced to change individual settings, such as 3D objects colors, and see if that helps. -- Joe =o) ...

body text always in bold
hi whenever I compose new mail (Outlook 2003) the body text is always in bold, how do I permanently turn this off, it isn't in the word template .dot, or in signatures - where else might this setting be ? thank you martin shaw "martin shaw" <marty.shaw@ntlworld.com> wrote: >hi >whenever I compose new mail (Outlook 2003) the body text is always in bold, >how do I permanently turn this off, it isn't in the word template .dot, or >in signatures - where else might this setting be ? Tools/Options/Mail Format/Fonts Thanks UG but it isn't in there ei...

very important for your life...
very important for your life... Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you though...

Can't store '10 cleanly
I have a spreadsheet where I want to store the last two digits of the year, preceded by an apostrophe... Normal style... e.g., '10 for 2010. My older entries look fine. But at some point no matter what I choose for format (general, text), the little triangle appears in the upper left, there is no apostrophe, and the dropdown that explains the triangle says "number stored as text." How can I get back to seeing a simple " '10 "? TIA LAS Several methods to do deal with this. 1. Use error check dropdown(beside cell) to "ignore error" for tha...

Importing Outlook Email into Windows Live Mail
I recently upgraded from XP Pro to Win 7. In XP Pro, I was using Outlook 2003 but upgraded to Outlook 2007 as my email program of choice for Win 7. I would like to try Windows Live Mail (WLM), since Outlook Express is now dead, and I don't have a newsreader program anymore. My problem is, I cannot find out how to import my saved email and contact database into WLM. When I made the switch from XP to Win 7 & Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, Outlook 2007 automatically inported everything for me, so the transition was smoth. Has anyone made this transition from either Outook...

combo and text boxes to search a form
I have 3 fields, two of which are combo boxes the third is a text box. I can get it to search using both the combo boxes but not all three together, my code looks like the following. Private Sub Searches_the_Main_Form_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Searches_the_Main_Form_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Main" stLinkCriteria = "[Concession_or_Range?]='" & Me! [Concession_or_Range?] & "'" stLinkCriteria = stLinkCriteria & " AND [Concession_Range_Number]='" & Me![Concession_R...

Can't Import Outlook Contacts into WSS
Hello, I'm having a strange intermittent issue trying to import outlook contacts into a wss contact list. Sometimes it works fine while other times it freezes after I select the contacts in the outlook address book and click OK. Normally at this point, you would be presented with the "A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook." security dialog, but it never pops up. I have noticed that it looks like the security dialog appears in the task bar, but you cannot get it to actually display. At this point IE is frozen until I close what I believe is...

Can not Display Russian Text
How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail from friends in Russia, the text in jumbled and unreadable. This isn't because I can not read Russian but the display of the text is not correct. How do I fix this. I am using Windows XP Pro and I have already included the Russian text in the control panel options, the only thing I can think of it might be Outlook, can onyone help? Hy, have you installed the whole Russian language from the Office CD? >-----Original Message----- >How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail >from friends in Russia,...

How to edit tab stops in a text box
I'm embarrassed to ask this question but ... How do I edit the tab stops in a regular text box? All I want to do is add a Right justified tab at the end of the line. The link in the help docs is broken. Thanks. Gary Gary, Click in the textbox, click on the little icon in front of the ruler till you have the right aligning tab, click in the ruler where you want to position your tab. If the ruler is not present, click View - ruler. -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "elliottgaryusa" <elliottgaryusa@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht n...

import microsoft mail to outlook
i have tried importing windows mail to outlook. i get an error when i try to export to microsoft exchange- "error while initializing MAPI". would like to get my messages into outlook- on a new windows 7 machine Have you configured Outlook? "IRAM" <IRAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6D80C41-4580-4F63-9E15-4AD27B0D6418@microsoft.com... > i have tried importing windows mail to outlook. i get an error when i try > to > export to microsoft exchange- "error while initializing MAPI". > would like to get my messages i...