Check Activesheet for chart sheet or work sheet

Is there any method that will check whether the active sheet is a chart sheet
or a worksheet?

Thanks
0
NSK (2)

Hi,

You could use the Typename funciton.

MsgBox TypeName(ActiveSheet)

Cheers
Andy

NSK wrote:
> Is there any method that will check whether the active sheet is a chart sheet
> or a worksheet?
>
> Thanks
0
andy9699 (3616)

Linking Time-varying charts
Hi all, Here's my problem. I've got a set of Excel files with monthly data which is updated every month. So in January I only have Jan data. In February I have Jan and Feb data, and so on. The chart I have for this data always displays a full 18 months data from October 2003 to March 2005, and as more data is added, the line on the chart snakes its way from left to right. These files are submitted to me from various sources. As a central data collector, I now want to link these Excel files into a single Excel file which will display all the charts in one place for convenience. Ho...

Sender ID doesn't works? Perf. counters = 0!
Hi, the sender ID feature appear to not work correctly on my server. the performance counters are allways = 0. Total message validated by sender id = 0 etc... I jhave followed all the instruction in the video: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/default.mspx my SMTP virtual server is enabled, my server is enabled, but there is no changes. any idea? thanks. Jerome. ...

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

How to generate a truly empty cell
"" generates a zero-length string, not a truly empty cell. This is causing problems elsewhere. I'd like to find an output for an IF statement that will give me a truly empty cell. The current formula is: =IF(COUNT(C24:C29)>0,SUM(C24:C29),"") Any ideas? If it involves a macro (as I think it might, having read other posts), please explain how to implement it. Thanks! <This is causing problems elsewhere> It shouldn't. Don't use ISBLANK(A1), use A1="" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "paulkaye" <paulmjkaye@gm...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Combination chart? Stacked cylinders and scatter
Hi, I want to make a stacked bar chart that also shows another data point as a single point along the stacked bar. Here is what I have so far '[img=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/5372/chart7ur.th.jpg]' (http://img304.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chart7ur.jpg) Here is what I want to accomplish: - don't show Sections where Length is zero -- right now the zero sections show with label and value on the right side of the cylinders - show another data point (from another cell in my sheet) as a single point along the stacked bar - show a final data point as the total of the bar len...

Problem with line Chart
I have the following data: Date Value 1/07 700 3/07 550 9/07 600 10/07 550 7/08 500 9/08 700 2/09 750 8/09 600 I would like to create a simple line chart connecting the Value points. Note that the points correspond to random dates (not evenly spaced). How can I create a line chart that has time on the x-axis, (say shown in months) with a line connecting the Value points, which are shown at various locations in time. Soun...

Why doesn't indirect work with a dynamic range created using offse
Hi Has anyone else experienced this issue or I am doing something wrong. I have a series of dynamic range names defined using offset. For example the name USCities is defined as =offset(AA1,0,0,Counta(AA:AA),1) and the name Europeancities is defined as =offset(AB1,0,0,counta(AB:AB),1) In column A, dataentry into the cells is limited to USCities or Europeancities. In column B, I want to limit data entry to the range name appearing in column A. For example if USCities is selected in A1, data entry in cell B1 is to be limited to those cells forming the USCities range name. I have tri...

Outlook Rules not working with new Exchange Server
We recently (last week) upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server with a new machine running Exchange 2003. Since that change, a few clients who use Outlook Rules to forward messages to other email addresses have noticed that those messages are no longer being delivered. We have clients using Outlook 2000 and some using 2003 - it doesn't seem to matter which version of Outlook that's being used. The rules work just fine for placing specific messages into specific folders, but anytime that a message is supposed to be forwarded to an outside email address, it is never delivered. Any ide...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

Check Boxes and Radio buttons on Worksheet
I just discovered that I can drop check box directly on a worksheet. I can make it do what I want, in a single instance, but I was wondering there was a way to make them act like formulas, in that I would like to attach the checkbox directly to a cell physically, and, incorporate it's TRUE/FALSE output in a formula, then be able to copy a whole row or column of cells containing the checkbox and formula ...and other data perhaps in a very general way. in other words havethe control behave as if it were the contents of a cell...Make sense? I don't want to have to write code or ...

Match Duplicate Accounts doesn't work?
I just recently upgarded my Money 2004 to 2006 Deluxe. To take advantage of new features, I started setting up the online services for my checking account. I was able to have Money establish a connection w/ my bank and login w/ my supplied username and password. Then I got to the part where Money asks "Are you already keeping track of any of these accounts ..." - Yes - No - I'm not sure So, I select Yes because I have indeed already set up that account (and have many years worth of data in it!). Then I click thex Next buton whic...

DLookup Not Working
I have a form i want to create a DLookup where I get the Last_Name on the tblUserNameTest when the field txtUser on the active form equals the User_IDon the tblUserNameTest table. I have this and it is not working what am I doing wrong? =DLookUp("[Last_Name]","tblUserNameTest","User_ID = " & [txtUser]) Whatever you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. lisa What data type is the field User_ID? Your code indicates it is a numeric data type. If txtUser is a form control on the current form, you should be qualifying it with either Me. or...

Hyperlinks to pdfs and word documents are not working
My Access database was recently upgraded to Access 2007. Now all of the hyperlinks I have to pdfs and word documents are not working. In browsing "external data" I see that I can link to text files and excel files, etc. Please explain why my links to pdfs and word documents no longer are working and how I can fix them. -- Archivist Try to eplain a little more, what do you mean by not working? Do the links react but present you with some kind of warning. In what way were the links created. Have you set the directory where your files reside as trusted in the trus...

How do gift cards work?
I'm new to MS POS 2.0, so please forgive me if this is off base... I want to be able to sell and accept gift cards in my store. I do not want to use pre-loaded Visa cards, but rather just a custom card that I will have someone build for me. What is the right way to go about this? I'm thinking that I need to get cards with a unique code on their mag-stripe which I can register in MS POS 2.0 with an associated $ amount. Is this correct? MS POS doesn't support Gift Cards, only RMS. Craig "Randy M" <RandyMagnuson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23pJNqwRFI...

LDAP lookup not working with Outlook 2003
I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and notice that I could no longer resolve names via the LDAP server. I get always get a message that there are too many matches in the Internet Directory. This does not occur with Outlook 2002 or Outlook Express. With these two applications, the name is always resolved in less that 20 seconds. Any ideas? Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups...

How to credit complicated pie chart
I want to create a pie chart of my credit card statement each month. Every pie chart example shows 3 columns and about 5 rows of data. I can create a chart for something that simple but what I need is A chart showing the amounts and to what merchant that amount was spent at. Can someone point me in the direction where I can find something that would tell me how to do what I want? Thanks Ron ...

turn off "Do not check spelling or grammar" in outlook
In doing a "Spell Check" in Outlook, I get the following message: "Spelling and grammar check complete. Text marked with "Do not check spelling or grammar" was skipped." I never turned this on or indicated any text not to check, I'm working in a newly installed version of 2007. Thanks Bill Note: someone did answer this on Friday, but when I click on the link, I get a blank page, both at home and at the office? tinman wrote: > In doing a "Spell Check" in Outlook, I get the following message: "Spelling > and grammar check complete. Te...

Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation
I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates" message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail folder - the information store could not be opened" and then "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This process will stop the debugger". I now have a shortcut on my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser&...

Hyperlink from one sheet to the hyperlink on another
I want to click on a hyperlink on sheet1 and have it open a hyperlink on sheet2, rather than just going to the cell reference on sheet2. I can't work out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? AO > I want to click on a hyperlink on sheet1 and have it open a hyperlink on > sheet2, rather than just going to the cell reference on sheet2. > > I can't work out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? Why not include an optional second hyperlink on sheet 1 which goes straight to the point that the hyperlink on sheet 2 is directed? Griff The idea is that all of the...

Using Exmerge in batch-mode doesn't work
Hi there, I want to "backup" the mailboxes from my Exchangeserver to pst-files with Exmerge. I seem to have the same problem though as more people seem to have with the Exmerge utility but I haven't seen any solutions yet :-(. If I walk through the Exmerge steps using the GUI everything seems to go allright. I get a list of mailboxes, I pick the ones I want to export to .pst en Exmerge does it's thing creating a bunch of perfectly healthy .pst's. When I want to use it in batch-mode using MAILBOXES.TXT containing the mailboxes I want to export, Exmerge logs it can...

Color Text in Charts
I want to have the data labels along the X axis be color coded. I have price data associated with sales efforts. My labels represent sales won (Green), sales lost (Red), sales still active (Black). I can put colored text in the worksheet cells, but that color does not follow through to the chart. It sounds silly, but without this I need to export the chart to Powerpoint and do almost twice as much work. Is there some way to that the text color follow through the chart creation process? -- Eric K In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:- 1. Click on your Sales Won colu...

Help with 2007 Chart Layout
Hi, I can't figure out how to build the chart I'm hoping to create. I have data by: quarters, regions, $ and #. Q1 Americas $100 5 Q2 Americas $200 7 Q3 Americas $120 3 Q1 Asia $213 4 Q2 Asia $312 2 .... Q1 Europe ... Q2 Eroupe... .... I'd like to have on the X-axis: region, on the y-axis $ (columns) and a secondary axis # (line graph). What's throwing me is the quarters. X axis: America with 3 bar graphs side by side for Q1, Q2, Q3 then a new grouping of bar graphs side by side for Asia Q1, Q2, Q3. Can this be accomplished? I'd appreciat...

Need stacked chart help #2
can nobody help me please ???? -- wjviveen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wjviveen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278258 Hi, Have you had a look at these examples? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy wjviveen wrote: > can nobody help me please ???? > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Out of office assistant does not work from Outlook but ok from web email.
When I click on the Tools->Out of office assistant I get the following error. "The command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extension.". It works find if I use web mail. Any thoughts? Mike. ...