Charts: want to assign fixed color for each slice

Hi folks,

I am using excel 2000. Am creating two pie charts. Chart 1 contains six
people, Chart 2 contains 3 people.

Let's say the Excel default color sequence is:
Red, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Green, Pink

Chart 1 will be:
Alex	Red
Billy	Blue
Charles	Yellow
David	Purple
Edward	Green
Frank	Pink

Chart 2 will be:
Billy	Red
Charles	Blue
Frank	Yellow

However, this is not what i want.

How can I assign 1 color to each person...
so that Billy is always = blue,
while Charles is always = yellow.
and Frank is always = pink.

Thanks a lot.

cheers

0
dstdst123 (8)

Jon Peltier has instructions at the end of his pie chart article:

   http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=390

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

show another column when hovering on a point in a chart
Is it possible to show another column when you hover on a point? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point. thanks, Wei ...

This Item not assigned to this site
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CA09E9.55B314B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everyone, I am trying to do an Inquiry on one of our item and it bounces back with = an error message says" this item is not assigned to this site" . We are = using GP 10 SP with Manufacturing and this item is a " MAKE" and we = outsource the BOM. When we created a MO/PO on this item, it took the material and = processed OK; but it got stuck while posting to GL and RECEIVING ...

Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?
Looking for some help. I need to know what this column chart is called? Or how to make it? 'CLick Here to View Chart' (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244) I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart. Maybe it was not made in Excel? Or I need a specific plugin? -- TsunamiBob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874 Hi, It...

How do i fix this error in access
I created a database in microsoft access. I have been trying to open some of the forms that I created but after several tries I keep getting this error message "Not enough memory. Please close un-needed programs." Can someone please help in fixing this. I created 13 forms and 8 of the forms are opening but the other five forms arent. I get the above error when I try. I have uninstalled and re-installed microsoft office several times, and no other programs are opened when I get this error. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Alicia Alicia, unless you actually do have too man...

Pivot tables in Excel
Yippee, I am so happy, I finally figured out how to trick excel into not showing the blank cell in a pivot table without limiting my data set! In the Pivot table layout move the field from row to page. Then double click on the field and click on the "blank" to hide it. Move the field back to row and hit finish. It seems like you always have to "trick" MS software to do what you want. ...

charting newdata
Formula or VBA? I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not automatically include into the data range for a chart. The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data area every time the table is updated Thanks for the input. ...

Want to remove HQ?
Hello: My client has HQ installed and 2 stores running Store Ops. HQ has not been functioning properly, some bugs that are occurring include finance charges and customer payments posting to the wrong customer. Inventory changes made in HQ are not downloaded to the stores. They are also frustrated that tasks that were accomplished in one step in Store Ops e.g. changing prices and costs on an item, now require several steps and running two or more worksheets in HQ. They would like to remove HQ and run all three stores as a single store with addditional lanes. The stores will be conn...

Core Chart
Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. Can you help? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Isabel <ialduen@catholiccharitiesden.com>... > Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. a) The core of what? A black hole? An apple? A nuclear power plant? b) This is a Microsoft Publisher group. Your question is hardly relavent to the topic of discussion really. Why did you choose this group? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer...

Color Tabs
Is there away to change the color of the tab only when the sheet is active? Only from XL2002 on. -- HTH Bob Phillips "zero" <zero.tag21@excelforum.com> wrote in message news:zero.tag21@excelforum.com... > Is there away to change the color of the tab only when the sheet is > active? Only in 2002/2003 Zero -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "zero" <zero.tag21@excelforum.com> wrote in message news:zero.tag21@excelforum.com... > Is there away to change the color of the tab only when the sheet is > active...

Hierarchy Pyramid Chart
Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? It doesn't seem to be an option, but maybe some type of addin??? Thanks in advance Nevermind - I realized that the pyramid is actually a diagram. So I inserted a Diagram - Organizational Chart instead and it's just what I needed!!! "Keep It Simple Stupid" wrote: > Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a > pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? > It doesn't ...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

How prevent recipient from seeing Categories assigned to email?
I *JUST LEARNED* that recipients of emails I send can see the category(s) I assigned to the email! This is freaking me out! Imagine I am a psychologist. I create a category for each client. The category formula is: Last, First Condition First Visit Date e.g. Rodriguez, Alex DRUG ABUSE 4/1/2003 Baldwin, Alec ANGER MNGT 5/3/2006 Ryder, Winona KLEPTOMANIA 11/21/2003 Every time I make an appointment or task, I assign it to the client via the Category in Outlook 2003. BUT...If I send an email and want to assign a category, EVERY RECIPIENT SEES the category(s) in the Keywords header. How d...

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

excel fillin color
Fill-in color does not show on worksheet while working on the sheet only in the preview Have I turned off a switch or what needs to be done? Hi The high contrast setting may be turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ron" <roncyn@bresnan.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#Ro$W7fOEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Fill-in color does not show on worksheet while working on the sheet only in > the pr...

Chart Wizard #5
Does excel 2007 have a chart wizard? If so, how do I access it? The chart wizard no longer exists in Excel 2007, RIP. You create a chart using the various chart buttons on the Insert tab, then struggle through the three Chart Tools contextual tabs looking for the controls to set up the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Liberty" <Liberty @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C1186EF-4C15-4E3D-A642-D0EA334C1192@microsoft.com... > Does excel...

Easy dynamic chart.
Creating a dynamic chart is difficult, there should be a dynamic chart wizard that will create it with you. Also if my serie value is a name range, it would be nice to just right the Name range directly not with the complex formula. ='xyz.xlsx'!name range but just name range. xyz and name range is a fictive value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

cdrom.sys corrupt in Win7
Yesterday Win7 decided to no longer show my 2 LiteOn DVDRW drives. I've tried to re-install/repair the driver (6.1.7600.16385) and everytime I get the same response = my current driver is good. BUT, then when I check with Device Manager, it shows that the drives are not working. Can anyone help me get a new cdrom.sys installed into the system32/drivers folder? Booting up with the Win7 DVD will work. But I can't find the cdrom.sys on the disk. No other repair options are there to get this fixed. Help would certainly be appreciated. I don't want to have to start all o...

Drawing static/edit control in different colors
Hi All, This should be a simple question, but it is possible to, control the color of text written to static text or an edit box? I need to do this at during InitDialog and while dialog is 'up' (DoModal). As an aside, can change the color of static text just based on the resource ID? i.e. not creating a variable for the control in the dialog class. Thanks in Advance! Corey. Corey Wirun wrote: > Hi All, > > This should be a simple question, but it is possible to, control the color > of text written to static text or an edit box? I need to do this at during > In...

Custumize Chart Tittle Description
How can I make the Chart Tittle to be equal to a specific cell located in one sheet. For example, I have a description on the cell "D10" located in the sheetname "Black" . I want this description to be the Chart Tittle because is a number that will change in the daily basic. I have been using this formula "=Black!D10"; however, is not working. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Click on the title, type =, and then click on D10 on Black. Or click on the title, and type =Black!$D$10 -- Rob Powered by Creative Laziness "Maperalia" wrote: > How can I...

My charts do not show when moved as a separate chart tab...
In excel 2007 my charts are displayed when inserted in a a sheet but they do not show when moved as separate tabs ...

How do I set an auto alternating row color?
I'd like to set my excel database ROWS to alternating colors(ex. teal & white). My database is HUGE and I can't feasibly do it manually without taking hours and hours clicking each row and changing the color. Also another concern is that I constantly am adding rows throughout the database. I'd like to know if there's a way to automatically have to row colors stay alternating. Thanks a ton! Daniel Daniel, Select all your cell, the use Format / Conditional Formatting... Formula is... and use the formula =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 (for the first row to not be shaded) or =MOD(RO...