Charts and Value Axis positions

I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my
value axis is on the right hand side of my chart and I need it back on the
left hand side.  Does anyone know what I should do?
I am using Office 2000.

0
Ladybug (9)

Double click on the category axis, and on the scale tab, select an appropriate value for "Value
axis crosses at".

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Ladybug wrote:

> I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my
> value axis is on the right hand side of my chart and I need it back on the
> left hand side.  Does anyone know what I should do?
> I am using Office 2000.

Is there a macro to create charts automatically?
Hi, I have a sheet of data that relates to individual performance scores. Each person has their data on one row which goes - Name, Team, Score 1, Target, Score 2, Target, Score 3, Target, Score 4, Target. I need to produce an individual graph for each person containing only the 4 score results. As there are over 120 individuals, is there a way, without manually creating each one of using a macro or something to make chart creation easier? Select your range (including header row) and run this macro: Sub MakeMyCharts() ' Dim ws As Worksheet Dim rng As Range Dim Yaddr As Stri...

Creating Stacked Columns Chart
MS Excel 2003 wizard allows you to create a standard chart called "stacked columns". Even using custom charts, I can not get it to create one stacked-column per category. In this case the three categories are companies (eg, co1, co2, co3), but I need two stacked-colmuns per category. One stacked column would show principal & loan amt and second stacked-column would show average and adjustments. In the end, each company should have two stacked-columns on the chart. I hope I haven't lost you. It's hard to explain. Hi, Have a look here for more information http://p...

Conditional Format of the CHART AREA COLOR
I need to format the CHART AREA COLOR based on a condition. If the data is higher than a certain amount I need the CHART AREA to be RED. I do not know VBA too well so please give me as much detail as possable. Justin Hi, If your chart is on a worksheet you don't need to use VBA at all. Make use of conditional formatting instead. Position the chart over a cell or range of cells. Then format the chart area to have no fill. This will make the chart transparent such that when the chart is not active the cells beneath are visible. Then when CF is applied any colour will show through. ...

XY Chart ontinued line
Hi all, With Excel 2007, I would like to draw an XY graph with continued lines and I have some holes in my tab. For example : X A B 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 7 The line A is broken between 2 and 4. The line B is broken between 3 and 5. If I use the option "display all empty cells" for "linking data points with a line", my lines are continued, just as I wanted. But, unfortunately, when datas are not written directly in cells but calculated, this option doesn't work anymore. This is because my cell (A3 for ex.) is not really empty c...

I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

How do I shade the area between two lines on a chart?
I created a simple chart with two data series - monthly budget vs. monthly actual spending. On the chart I would like to shade the area between to the two lines. Anyone have any ideas? This might help http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart.html I think I might just use a bar or column chart to get to the same result. "Hart" <Hart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47C04648-92E2-4085-9CBA-5FEBF293ED4C@microsoft.com... >I created a simple chart with two data series - monthly budget vs. monthly > actual spending. On the chart I would like...

Charts which automatically adapt to variable source data length
I create a line chart with X-Y data in Cells A1:B100, but since I am importing electronic data sometime I only have 50 rows of data (Cells A1:B50) which leaves a lot of unused chart space. Can I create a chart which automatically adapts its source data reference to the number of rows of real data (Cells A1:B50) in the specified source data interval (Cells A1:B100)? Conceptually, I could construct a formula in the chart source data fields such as: =A1:address(Count(A1:A100),1). This would count up the number of rows of real data in column "A" and with the address function...

emphasize one value axis
How do I emphasize one axis value by making that gridline darker than the others: example: 160,000__________________(gridline) 150,000__________________(gridline only want thicker) 140,000__________________(gridline) deb wrote: > How do I emphasize one axis value by making that gridline > darker than the others: > example: > 160,000__________________(gridline) > 150,000__________________(gridline only want thicker) > 140,000__________________(gridline) Is it possible to make the 150,000 gridline a "major" and the other two "minor" gridlines? Then you c...

E*Trade positions download rounding errors 2005
When I download an online "statement" from E*Trade, Money 2005 reports that most of my positions don't match the statement, and prompts me to "Add 0 shares," or "Remove 0 shares." I did convert from an earlier version of Money. Allowing money to enter these add/remove transactions does not appear to solve the problem permanently. The next online update can bring a similar report. Anyone else seeing this, with any other brokerages? On 2005-01-15, David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I download an online "statement" fro...

Scatter Chart #2
I am trying to create a scatter chart where I have two sets of values, one on the X axis and the other on the Y axis and then a signle data point is plotted that corresponds to both values. Everytime I have tried to make the chart, I only get one value being plotted (on the Y axis) and the X axis is not relevant. I cannot get these to plot correctly. Can anyone help? In article <03837c1d-c982-4bbe-aa05-2fc983af97b6@a21g2000prj.googlegroups.com>, JSRothbart <jeffrothbart@gmail.com> wrote: >I am trying to create a scatter chart where I have two sets of values, >one on the X ...

Import error: import value cannot be null. parameter name: format
Hi all, I have just completed a swing migration and am trying to import my dynamics crm organisation but receive the following error: import value cannot be null. parameter name: format has anyone come across this before or know of a way to fix it? Thanks Tom ...

Formatting palette does not show axis labels, grid lines, etc.
Version: 2008 My formatting palette has rendered me unable to edit any of my charts. When I clock on a chart, there is nowhere on the palette to add/change axis titles, grid lines, font, or nearly anything at all. I'm not sure when this happened or how to get these options back. <br><br>I have tried simply going into toolbars and editing/resetting them, but as I lack Excel knowledge I do not know what else to try. Try clicking the bent arrow button at the right end of the palette's title bar. When the Toolbox 'flips over' restore the checks for the missing ...

Area Chart not refreshing/updating properly
Excel 2002, SP3 I am actually using 2 charts to make up the apparence of 1 chart. The first chart is the area chart so as I can get the goal line to go across the entire plot area. (This is the chart that I'm having issues with) The second chart is a line chart, which as an object, is over the top of the area chart. Both charts are setup as interpolated, so as lines are drawn from data point to data point which other fields either being left as blank or having the formula of "=NA()" are skipped on over as far as line drawing on the charts is concerned. Data Source of t...

Problem replicating a chart in Excel from Harvard Graphics
I am trying to make horizontal, paired 2-D chart in Excel. It is not one of the choices in Excel 2003 that we have at the office. You can find the chart at this link here at page 21 of the report: http://www.cjareports.org/reports/jo2006color.pdf Any help would be appreciated! Also if this chart option is available in Office 2007 please let me know so we can upgrade. Thanks in advance for any help, Ray NYItalianM@yahoo.com Hi, Assume you mean this type. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html xl2007 offers no new chart types, only more formatting options. Cheers Andy ...

xl chart font sizing into PPT
Hi Jon and Tushar, et al, Problem is getting charts from XL into PPT with the font sizing remaining intact as planned. E.g. want x and y axes as 10 points. (VBA alllowed here) Typically would use custom chart sheet page sizes to handle this and does work perfectly by resizing Insert/Object to 100% (never use copy/paste). Problem lies in chart being planned at right size but underrsized for this month 'cuz gotta add more text in textbox above it. So chart gets smaller and so do fonts. So end user resizes chart down some % which resizes fonts in "actual size, but not in XL size" ...

displaying session value in formview?
I have a session object (I.e. Session("message")) passed on from the first web page to the second web page. In the second page I have a formview object. For formatting reason I would like to display the session value WITHIN the formview. All other values in the formview are drawn from database via a sql select statement. So far it doesn't work. Is it possible? xbound wrote: > I have a session object (I.e. Session("message")) passed on from the > first web page to the second web page. In the second page I have a > formview object. ...

Vlookup and retrieve values 1 row below the normally retrieved val
I'm trying to figure out how to retrieve a value 1 row below the value that would normally be retrieved with a regular vlookup. As an example below, using 1234 as my lookup value, column A-B as the table array, column index =2, and range lookup ="false" I'd like to return the value "5" instead of "2". Can this be done somehow through an formula? COL A COL B Item # Sales 1234 2 5 3 4 2345 ...

Disappearing Charts #2
When I create a chart and then I send it to someone the chart disappears. Would this be something I am doing or a server problem? ...

Chart Base Line in Pivot table #2
I have a pivot table that shows the time spent on each support ticket. I would like to show a base line at the avarage time spent for all tikets. So if the most time spent on a ticket was 10 and the least was 5 then I would like one streight line to go accross the graph at 7.5. Is this at all posible. Thanks for your help. Steve ...

How to set variable to cell value in excel macro
How do I perform a "do loop" using a cell value as criteria? (i.e.-do while x < value($c$1). Thanks for your help. the help files are your friend While...Wend Statement Example This example uses the While...Wend statement to increment a counter variable. The statements in the loop are executed as long as the condition evaluates to True. Dim Counter Counter = 0 ' Initialize variable. While Counter < 20 ' Test value of Counter. Counter = Counter + 1 ' Increment Counter. Wend ' End While loop when Counter > 19. Debug.Print Counter ' P...

Excel 2007 compatibility with old charts #2
I just got a new computer with Vista and the trial version of Office 2007. When I open files made in Excel 2000 or Excel 97, the files open OK in compatibility mode except that charts in the worksheet are sometimes there and sometimes absent or sometimes moved to a new location on the page. Sometimes the charts open slowly. If I resave the spreadsheet and reopen it in an older version of Excel, everything is still as it was. How can I make Excel 2007 work with older files containing charts? Gary ...

How to create trend line chart for MEDIAN in Excel?
I want to create a line chart showing the trend of MEDIAN value in Excel. The medain value is calculated for a range of cells in the sheet. I am not able to see the option for this kind of chart in Insert->Chart menu. There is no premade chart to do this. YOu will need to calculate the medians on a worksheet and plot them yourself. "Nitin Gupta" wrote: > I want to create a line chart showing the trend of MEDIAN value in Excel. The > medain value is calculated for a range of cells in the sheet. > I am not able to see the option for this kind of chart in Insert->Ch...

accessing chart objects via VB
How do you discover and edit the attributes of chart objects on a chart sheet from within the VB editor? *************************************** Subject: Re: VB editing -- multiple charts on a chart- page From: "Jon Peltier" <jonpeltierNOSPAM@yahoo.com> Sent: 10/26/2003 5:35:29 PM Actually, the Project Explorer only lists the chart sheet, not any chart objects on that sheet. If the chart sheet has a chart, that chart has no chart object. Chart objects are the containers that hold an embedded chart on its parent sheet. The object model works like this. Assu...

Removing Picklist Values 06-21-04
I understand that removal (deletion) of picklist values in CRM has a number of "gotchas" that you need to be cognizant of as you plan to perform this task. I have not found any documentation that purports to contain any of the aforementioned problems and I am a bit concerned that I am going to miss something. I really need to get rid of some values that are not as "valuable" as they were communicated during implementation planning. Can anyone give me some pointers on what to look out for or perhaps point me to some documentation that would do the same? Thanks i...

Chart with multiple series
Can value axis intervals be compressed or eliminated when charting multiple series with wide value differences? The usual suggestions are to use a secondary axis, use a logarithmic scale, or use a hack like this to show a break in the axis: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html _______ "officehub" <officehub@discussions.m...