Charts #37

Hi All,

Can you please advise if we can create one chart with multiple pivot
table of the same data.

Thanks
Niranjan

Percentages on Charts
How can I get a percent to show on a chart that is under 1%? ...

XY Charts
Using Excel 2003 Have a range of data containing some "empty" cells. However, as they come from a formula they aren't of course empty. Am using this data to plot an X-Y chart where I want these "empty" cells not to plot. Have set the tools-options-charts setting to Not plotted. Have read numerous other postings here and elsewhere which says to have #N/A as my "empty" value. It still interpolates the points. Seen a posting suggesting I use VBA but unless this is relatively simple, is a bit beyond me (and can't find a posting with any code) Any suggest...

Excel should allow correlations of data so chart markers match up
When creating complex charts with columns and markers all markers show up in fromt of one column instead of being matched with the correct column. If information could be correlated the markers could be line up with the correct column which would make reading the chart easier! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Saving text while making changes to an org chart
In Visio 2007 when I try replace the text inside an org chart (Executive, Assistant...) a box with dashed lines appear with a white background. After I replace the text I cannot save my changes consistently. What is the procedure to create/modify text in this type of situation and have it saved? Thanks for looking. -- Cheers, John ...

how do you use data from a chart in a spreadsheet or data chart?
I made an X Y scatter chart in Excel for a time depth display chart. I now want to take that information and put it into a spreadsheet or data chart. The XY chart only shows some crosspoints but I need the data chart to automatically show me the points that are missing (not plotted on the XY chart) I can enter the information into Excel but it leaves a tremendous amount of blank points and I am not sure how to get them to automatically fill in. It is not the same distance between each of the points. If anyone can help me with this, I would be greatly appreciative. It isn't rea...

Colors/Scale in Radar Charts
Is there a way to make the background colors in a radar chart different than white? I need to create a radar chart with four ranges from center out - dark green in center, next region out is light green, next region is yellow, and the outer band is red. Also, can I make the scale not be equal (e.g. 0-33%, 33-66%, 66%-90%, 90%-100%)? Thanks for any help. Jeff Hi, You can use 4 additional series charted as filled radar to give the zone shading. Start by creating a radar using all 5 columns of data. Select the actual data series and move to the secondary axis. You can now change the c...

Chart Question #4
Have the Y axis scale start from 10 > 0 instead of 0 > 10. Is that possible? Hi Joseph, Double click the y axis and on the Scale tab check both Values in reverse order and Category (X) axis crosses at maximum Cheers Andy Joseph Thompson wrote: > Have the Y axis scale start from 10 > 0 instead of 0 > 10. Is that possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

same options for multiple charts
I have monthly pie charts which are in separate sheets that are updated at the end of the month. I would like each pie slice to maintain consistency with color throughout the months. How do I go about having the same options for every single pie chart I create without having to invidiviually go in and change each chart every month? I also have a YTD pie chart which I would like to be updated every time I add data to the new month's chart. Is there a way this can be automatically updated? PLEASE HELP! Thanks!! What kind of options? What changes about the data or chart that cause...

Chart in time phase
I need to develop a line chart which includes 2 columns of data. Say for instance the data looks as follows: 5 6 15 9 20 12 50 25 Columns with the 5 and the 6 are for March. Columns with the 15 and the 9 are for February. So as we go up, the month increases. When I make my graph, the 5 and the 6 are first plotted points, the 15 and the 9 are the second, etc. In other words, it is plotting March, February, January, instead of January, February, March. How can I make the chart plot in a logical time phased manner? That is, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc? Thanks. jzis Instead of plain text &qu...

Crashing when changing existing chart
I currently run the Tablet version of Windows XP and also have Office XP. Whenever I set up a chart in Excel and save the entire workbook and then go back and attempt to make changes to the chart it crashes Excel. I can always recover the file but I can never change that chart. However, when I put the exact same file on my home computer which runs Windows XP standard and Office XP I can change the chart with no problems. Any suggestions ...

Problem with Excel Charting ... Please Help
I am drawing an excel chart using C#. But the chart is occupying entire plot area no matter how many rows i give. I want to leave some space at the end of the chart. Suppose i am drawing chart for 400 rows, I want to see all the 400 rows on the x axis without omitting the blank rows. How can i do that. Following is my code Code Block/* Open the destination file */ xlBookScript = (Excel.Workbook)xlBooks.Open(sDestinationFile, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Missing, Type.Mi...

PIE CHART EXPERT HELP REQUIRED
Hello, i'm working in Excel 2000 and I have some VBA code (taken from http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=390) which gives a segment in a Pie Chart a colour baed on its description. Unfortunatley the suffix of the segment is always different so I would like to use a wildcard for the suffix. A typical segment description is "Personal Banking - £100k". I have tried to insert a wildcard into the code but it does not work (i.e. change the segment colour), any suggestions? 'Case "Personal Banking - *" .Points(iPoin...

Display Charts Created In Excel In A Windows Form
Hi, I have several Excel files and each file has several Charts. I have a requirement where i have to display the chart with data points in a windows form. In my WinForms code iam able to access the chart object through the following code Excel.ChartObjects chCharts = (ChartObjects)oWorkSheet.ChartObjects(Missing.Value); Excel.ChartObject chChart = chCharts.Item(1); The problem is how do i use this ChartObject to be displayed in WinForm, I tried using the AxChartSpace control, but iam not able to add this chChartObject to it. The idea is to re-use the charts that has already been cr...

How to add colum totals to a pivot chart data table
I have a chart for pivot table and would like to so totals for the data. The data table on the chart displays the pivot table data but not the totals for each column. How can the totals be displayed on the chart? Hi Tmarsh You can't include the Grand Total in a pivot chart. You could create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the totals in that. On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal chart from pivot data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm Regards, Pedro J. > I have a chart for pivot table and would like to s...

Chart problems
Charts set up in excel, then I copy and paste as links into Powerpoint. Then when I right click and "update links" the graph in powerpoint goes absolutely massive and takes up the whole slide......i then have to delete it. This is causing me big problems and nobody seems to know how to fix it here ! As a consequence i am having to copy and paste the chart in as a picture each time....every month......30 odd graphs......its mind numbing !! I just want to be able to update links ...

Reversing chart
http://www.dbconsult.dk/ms/diagram.jpg shows a diagram and its data. The A-columnt holds the months for the label at x-axis. (5th month and 6 months backward). The D-column (g/kWh) holds the actual data for the diagram. This part is fine. However, it is more intuitive to have the oldest month shown first (most left) in the diagram. So that the diagram from left to right shows the months 12 to 5, showing past to present. Is it possible to have the data shown as they are, but have the chart to reverse the months? Regards /Snedker -- http://www.dbconsult.dk http://www.vinthervej2.dk [privat...

chart line appear in Word
We combine couple chart together as one picture; then copy and past to word as our final report. charts were pasted as "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)" We have selected heavest line from Excel defut, but when past to Word, due to reduce overall size of chart, the lines were not heavy enough. Any way we can improve that. Make the chart in Excel the size you need in Word, so there's no need to reduce it to fit. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Formula/calculation help for medical charting
Hi, I am trying to develop an anesthesia record chart for the vet clinic I work at. I have A8 through A15 labeled for time, temperature, heart rate, etc. The other columns (B8-B15, C8-C15, etc) I have set aside for later entries in the above categories as we take values every 5 min. or so. What I would like to do is have a formula that would show numerical values in red if they are above or below the normal value range (in black). For instance, a dog's normal temperature can range from 99.5 degrees F to 102.5 degrees F. If it is 98 degrees or 103 degrees I want these values to s...

charting extreme number differences on x-axis
I've seen cahrts where the X axis has 2 slashes to represent gaps in the numbers where extreme ranges of data is charted. how do I do that? This shows how to do it for the Y axis; the X axis uses a similar approach. It's really just a hack: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "MacGyver@IFC" <MacGyverIFC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:520AA3FB-3F8B-437E-83DE-3CBCCB064B29@microsoft.com.....

dynamic charting
Hi I am struggling a little with dynamic charting. I have a weekly figures to update with one x series and three y series. I am not after anything fancy. My x series is in column b with the y series in column g, h, i Thanks Brian http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <brian.baker13@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1194708126.838035.244160@o38g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I am struggling a little with dynamic charting. I have a weekly > figures to update with on...

Pivot Chart
Hello, I am trying to create a stacked area Pivot Chart from a Pivot Table. I have negative values but am having trouble getting them to be displayed properly in the pivot chart. Currently, the negative values are displayed at the top and are "eating into" the positive series. I need the negative values to be displayed below the x-axis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Aleksandr, This may be silly to ask, but... Did you try and adjust the y-axis scale from 0 to some number to a negative value (greater than the lowest negative value) to some positive value. Ex...

Can I use data from different worksheets to create a chart
I am running Excel 2000. I have 3 worksheets from different schools. I want to compare ratings from each of the schools in one chart. Can I do that and, if so, how. Thanks Yes you can build a single chart that plots data from 3 different worksheets. You haven't said what type of chart, so I will walk you through an XY (Scatter) chart. Let me know if you need help with another chart type. Step 1 - Create new worksheet where you will place embedded chart. Name your new worksheet Charts Step 2 - In your new Charts sheet, from the top menu select Insert > Chart to start Excel&#...

How to make global changes to charts
Hi I have had occasion to make spreadsheets with 30 or more charts. I have needed to make the same change on all the charts, such as changing the x-axis label. Is there a way to do that all at once (all changed to the same thing) or must I tediously change each one at a time? Thanks Hi Rick, If its the x-axis label the easiest solution is to create the charts initially with the label referencing a spreadsheet cell rather than being hard coded. When you want to update all the labels you would just change the entry in the cell. All charts would use the same cell reference. How to ref...

Hiding zero values on a chart in Excel 2007
Hi all, I am trying to chart a series of data points from a table which looks up values dependant on the contents of a seperate cell with a drop down list. The table / chart is designed to be used until the end of the year, so obviously values after today show as blank, (there are formulas already in the table which will allow the graph to populate over time). Is there a way of not charting cells with a blank value in Excel 2007 to prevent the graph displaying these data points as zero? Thanks in advance Hi, You need to output #N/A , using the NA() formula, instead of zero or text...

how do I format dates in a chart
I am trying to look at some housing prices. when I chart the following data, I get a normal looking chart. July 1, 1991 51,000 August 1, 1993 12,600 September 1, 1998 75,000 September 1, 2001 84,100 March 1, 2004 124,000 Then I add a second house to the mix and wind up with: July 1, 1991 51,000 August 1, 1993 12,600 September 1, 1998 75,000 September 1, 2001 84,100 March 1, 2004 124,000 April 1, 1984 46,900 December 1, 1987 53,300 October 1, 1...