hello,

1.
how can i make a link to a cell in chart title, category axis & value axis?
i'd like to know how to make a title like eg below:

'Average revenues
[=B2], [=B3]' <- in line below (smaller font size than in line above)

2.
how can i make a my own chart (custom type) by making a own template (how to make a template, and how to implement it to excel
custom types charts)
i am interested in making types similar denkin diagram (similar to radar type) or leontief branch flow matrix (similar to x-y plot
with columns and rows with second x axis and second y axis)
is there any chart/ plot/ chart template editor or helpful instruction (in i-net) covering this topic?

Big thanks for help.

Regards.

--
Damn the language

0
mnjiodek (6)

1. You can link a title to the contents of a cell, but you can't use a
formula that refers to more than one cell or includes text. Use a
formula in a cell to build the label you want to see, then select the
axis title or chart title, press the Equals key, and select the cell
with the mouse.

If you need different font sizes, you will have to make two different
text items. One can be the title, the other must be a text box. Making a
textbox linked to a cell is easy. Select the chart, press the Equals
key, and select the cell with the mouse.

2. First design a chart. Then select the chart and choose Chart Type
from the Chart menu. Click on the Custom Types tab, then check the User
Defined option. Click Add, then enter a name and description for the
chart. Then press okay until you are out. Next time you make or format a
chart, you will be able to select your custom chart type for the new chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

mnjiodek wrote:

> hello,
>
> 1.
> how can i make a link to a cell in chart title, category axis & value axis?
> i'd like to know how to make a title like eg below:
>
> 'Average revenues
> [=B2], [=B3]' <- in line below (smaller font size than in line above)
>
> 2.
> how can i make a my own chart (custom type) by making a own template (how to make a template, and how to implement it to excel
> custom types charts)
> i am interested in making types similar denkin diagram (similar to radar type) or leontief branch flow matrix (similar to x-y plot
> with columns and rows with second x axis and second y axis)
> is there any chart/ plot/ chart template editor or helpful instruction (in i-net) covering this topic?
>

> Big thanks for help.
>
> Regards.
>

> --
> Damn the language

0
DOjonNOT (619)
6/16/2004 5:23:48 PM
G�upia wrotka dla Jon Peltier:

> If you need different font sizes, you will have to make two different
> text items. One can be the title, the other must be a text box. Making a
> textbox linked to a cell is easy. Select the chart, press the Equals
> key, and select the cell with the mouse.

now it is easy... ;)

> 2. First design a chart. Then select the chart and choose Chart Type
> from the Chart menu. Click on the Custom Types tab, then check the User
> Defined option. Click Add, then enter a name and description for the
> chart. Then press okay until you are out. Next time you make or format a
> chart, you will be able to select your custom chart type for the new chart.

But i'd like to design completely different (from other chart types) chart - a chart that do not bases on available charts...
Is there possibility to make a template and implement it or use any chart editor or anything to create such a chart?

--
Damn the language

0
mnjiodek (6)
6/16/2004 9:07:13 PM

mnjiodek wrote:

> G�upia wrotka dla Jon Peltier:
>

>>If you need different font sizes, you will have to make two different
>>text items. One can be the title, the other must be a text box. Making a
>>textbox linked to a cell is easy. Select the chart, press the Equals
>>key, and select the cell with the mouse.
>

> now it is easy... ;)
>

>>2. First design a chart. Then select the chart and choose Chart Type
>>from the Chart menu. Click on the Custom Types tab, then check the User
>>Defined option. Click Add, then enter a name and description for the
>>chart. Then press okay until you are out. Next time you make or format a
>>chart, you will be able to select your custom chart type for the new chart.
>

> But i'd like to design completely different (from other chart types) chart - a chart that do not bases on available charts...
> Is there possibility to make a template and implement it or use any chart editor or anything to create such a chart?

There's always the possibility. But you need some way to get information
from a sheet into graphical form. Excel's charts are a pretty handy way
to do this.

What's the nature of your specialized chart? What makes it unsuitable
for adaptation of an Excel chart? There are many things you can do with
charts that are not apparent at first glance. To see a few examples,
browse around my web site for a few minutes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

0
DOjonNOT (619)
6/16/2004 11:02:47 PM
G�upia wrotka dla Jon Peltier:

> There's always the possibility. But you need some way to get information
> from a sheet into graphical form. Excel's charts are a pretty handy way
> to do this.

i.e.

denkin diagram presenting correlation between many variables
this chart is similar to tree
imagine n time series of revenues and time serie of GDP [1]
then at radar chart i present value of n correlation between revenues and GDP
(but i'd like each value show as line from centre to velue)
i created such a chart with VBA code that modyfies colour and thickness of those lines
[in case of minus value of correlation i present module of this value with cold coloured line]

but i'd like to expand this chart. [2]
First i find values of correlations between revenues (each with each)
From each point representing value of correlation i want guide lines representing correlations between a particulary time serie of
revenue and 3 time series that are most correlated and 3 that are less correlated

it is also similar to fractal structure
if you read post in curier new look at an ascii below

                         \ | /
                          \|/_.-
                           +'--
                      \ | /
                     ._\|/_.
                  |    '+'  <-- correlation [2] between n time series
                  |    /               |   (only choosen 3 max and 3 min values)
                  |   /      \ | /   |/_
                  |  /        \|/_.-
                  | /       _..+'---
main              |/ _..--''  /|\'-.
correlation --->  +'         / | \
[1] n values

is it clear? sorry i have same troubles with describing in english ;/

i think it is manageable with VBA and simple x-y chart (each piont must have own x, y parmeters and position in data range
depending on value of correlation)

i.e. type in following data:
x: -3 4 3 4 5 4 6 4 7 4 6 4 5 4 3
y:  3 3 1 3 1 3 2 3 3 3 4 3 5 3 5

and you will see example of second step with using only XY chart  ;)

but i find this way to arduous... ;/

> What's the nature of your specialized chart? What makes it unsuitable
> for adaptation of an Excel chart? There are many things you can do with
> charts that are not apparent at first glance. To see a few examples,
> browse around my web site for a few minutes.

i visited your page long time age - i found some useful files and tips
thanks

regards

--
Damn the language

0
mnjiodek (6)
6/17/2004 12:05:52 AM
You are obviously further outside the box than most. Take a look at
Fernando Cinquegrani's web site:

    http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html

He has done some very intriguing things, constructing graphics with VBA
that go beyond regular Excel charts. There may be things there that
approximate your intent.

- Jon
-------

mnjiodek wrote:

> G�upia wrotka dla Jon Peltier:
>

>>There's always the possibility. But you need some way to get information
>>from a sheet into graphical form. Excel's charts are a pretty handy way
>>to do this.
>

> i.e.
>
> denkin diagram presenting correlation between many variables
> this chart is similar to tree
> imagine n time series of revenues and time serie of GDP [1]
> then at radar chart i present value of n correlation between revenues and GDP
> (but i'd like each value show as line from centre to velue)
> i created such a chart with VBA code that modyfies colour and thickness of those lines
> [in case of minus value of correlation i present module of this value with cold coloured line]
>
> but i'd like to expand this chart. [2]
> First i find values of correlations between revenues (each with each)
> From each point representing value of correlation i want guide lines representing correlations between a particulary time serie of
> revenue and 3 time series that are most correlated and 3 that are less correlated
>
> it is also similar to fractal structure
> if you read post in curier new look at an ascii below
>
>                          \ | /
>                           \|/_.-
>                            +'--
>                       \ | /
>                      ._\|/_.
>                   |    '+'  <-- correlation [2] between n time series
>                   |    /               |   (only choosen 3 max and 3 min values)
>                   |   /      \ | /   |/_
>                   |  /        \|/_.-
>                   | /       _..+'---
> main              |/ _..--''  /|\'-.
> correlation --->  +'         / | \
> [1] n values
>
> is it clear? sorry i have same troubles with describing in english ;/
>
> i think it is manageable with VBA and simple x-y chart (each piont must have own x, y parmeters and position in data range
> depending on value of correlation)
>
> i.e. type in following data:
> x: -3 4 3 4 5 4 6 4 7 4 6 4 5 4 3
> y:  3 3 1 3 1 3 2 3 3 3 4 3 5 3 5
>
> and you will see example of second step with using only XY chart  ;)
>
> but i find this way to arduous... ;/
>

>>What's the nature of your specialized chart? What makes it unsuitable
>>for adaptation of an Excel chart? There are many things you can do with
>>charts that are not apparent at first glance. To see a few examples,
>>browse around my web site for a few minutes.
>

> i visited your page long time age - i found some useful files and tips
> thanks
>
> regards
>
> --
> Damn the language

0
DOjonNOT (619)
6/17/2004 1:40:43 AM
G�upia wrotka dla Jon Peltier:

> You are obviously further outside the box than most. Take a look at
> Fernando Cinquegrani's web site:
>
>     http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html
>
> He has done some very intriguing things, constructing graphics with VBA
> that go beyond regular Excel charts. There may be things there that
> approximate your intent.

ooo! - you are great ;) thank you

--
Damn the language

0
mnjiodek (6)

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

Contacts in Exchange #2

Goal Seek #2

default values in a cell

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

New Record, last Date + 1 different records
I have a datefield in a form that I would like to have autofilled when I enter a new record. Right now I have something like this: If Me.NewRecord then Me.DateGauged = DMax("DateGauged","tblGaugesInput") + 1 End if My problem is that it just looks for the max date of the whole table. I would like to narrow it down to a specific group of records in the table and do the last date + 1 on that group: Example of my table. TankNumber DateGauged Measurement 8555 2/1/2008 8" 8555 2/2/2008 9" 8556 2/1/2008 ...

2 different Qty in order details in northwind
Hi, im pretty new with access 2007, i decide to use northwind template. In order detail both form, i have 2 different Qty, the original Qty is the Qty that will link to Inventory and I add another field Qty1 for invoice purpose. For example, I got 1 roll of tape, 1 roll will be cut into 10 pcs. We need to bill according to customer request qty 10, but actual qty sold is only 1. Anyone come across this issue. How to modify it w/o effect the function? table/form as below:- ID ORDER ID PRODUCT ID QUANTITY (FOR INVENTORY) QTY1 (FOR INVOICE) UNIT PRICE AND SO ON Is there a...

form base authentication #2
This is killing me. I'm implementing form base authentication. I have SSL and everything working but for one problem when use won't to get to owa they type mail.domain.com which then defaults to http://mail.domain.com. the problem I'm having is that FBA need it to default to https not http. How can I get it to default to HTTPS with out telling the uses to type https? I am implementing this on a FE/BE environment wayne .. What I do is change the http port on the main site to something like 8080, and then create a new site that listens on 80. For that site, instead of...

Formating text in cells
Hello, does anyone know how to force Excel to keep the hyphen or dash character (-) with the associated numbers when putting multiple dash-#s in a cell and turning "wrap" formating on? This is the same problem I have in Word; when I add dash-#s (ie; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz) Office apps interpret dashes ( - ) as a hypehen to a word and will keep the dash/hyphen on the line above until there are enough characters to force the dash/hyphen to the next line. In my work we use the format; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz to denote multiple versions of the same base part. Work instructions to operators...

COUNTIF MULTIPLE CRITERIA #2
To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. Thanks will A Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="aa"),--(B1:B10="bb"),--(C1:C10="cc")) Adjust range references to suit your situation Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "will A" wrote: > To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. > Thanks > will A =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="aa"),--(B1:B1000="bb"),--(C1:c1000="cc")) SUMPRODUCT does not work on a complete column, just a defined range, and all ranges must b...