Charting Web based data

With the data of say a stock price always changing, how
can you chart it on a line graph to show historical plots?
0
anonymous (74722)

You can either find a site that posts historical data (often downloadable as a text
or worksheet file), or write a macro that gets the price and puts it next in a column.

Another approach is Stephen Bullen's trick that remembers the last X values. I don't
know how it would work for daily values; I think it's for incoming data that changes
rather frequently. But if you want to try, his site is at http://bmsltd.ie.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

nbs wrote:

> With the data of say a stock price always changing, how
> can you chart it on a line graph to show historical plots?

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Web query timeout setting.

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro

macros entering data

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint