charting performance speed

So am I correct in finding that the charting preformance speed of 2007 is an
absolute dog?  Trying to chart 16 datasets with 2055 data pointrs each on an
x-y chart, with the colours of some of the lines adjusted to keep them in
four "matching sets".  I have to wait for nearly a minute for a redraw when
you flick back a tab.  Can't type any headers without taking a break for a
coffee.

Am I missing something please?
0
drflo (1)

Your impressions match my own. Excel 2007 with SP1 installed is slightly
better in some situations.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"drflo" <drflo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So am I correct in finding that the charting preformance speed of 2007 is
> an
> absolute dog?  Trying to chart 16 datasets with 2055 data pointrs each on
> an
> x-y chart, with the colours of some of the lines adjusted to keep them in
> four "matching sets".  I have to wait for nearly a minute for a redraw
> when
> you flick back a tab.  Can't type any headers without taking a break for a
> coffee.
>
> Am I missing something please?

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Single Line Chart
Hi, I'm trying to plot my weight over time but have been unable to set this up in Excel as a single line graph. Can anybody help? TIA Put the dates in A1:A25 (or whatever) and the weights in B1:B25 Seelct A1:B25 with the mouse, clcik on the chart wizard in toolbar Select XY chart with markers and lines If this does not work come back with more detail. Beranrd "marter" <marter00@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:bjnbpp$j9n$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Hi, I'm trying to plot my weight over time but have been unable to set this > up in Excel as a single l...

draw chart using a formula
I've to create a chart using a formula instead of value. Is it possible ? Do you mean something like have values a A1:A20 and formulas such as =2*A1^2+3*A1-7 in column B? If so just select the cells and plot. If you want a more complex answer I am sure one of the MVP will provide it shortly. Bernard "BoB Bedford" <NoSpam@YouKnowWhatToDoHere.com> wrote in message news:%233l5DyX8DHA.2712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I've to create a chart using a formula instead of value. Is it possible ? > > Hi Bernard, Thanks for your help > Do you mean something like ...

Line Charts
I have developed a budget tracking tool in Excel and one of the reports I need to generate is a line chart which displays a Cumulative Forecast Amount by month and a Cumulative Actual Spend by month. I have used a table with formulas to calculate the figures for each month. Below is an example: JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC CFA $1830 $3490 $5690 $6100 $8000 $8600 CAS $1570 $2274 $2274 $2274 $2274 $2274 As you can see, the Cumulative Actual Spend figures for Sept onwards are identical as we haven't completed those months. Currently, my Line Chart ...

Prevent cells with no value from being plotted on chart
I have a chart based on cells that are the result of a calculation. The cells show empty if the data used for the calculation is not yet available (future data). As a result, as my chart shows the whole year, the line drops and remains to zero after the last available set of data. Excel will let me prevent an empty cell of being plotted but since there is a fornmula is the cell, it is not considered empty, and therefore displayed. How can I prevent these cells to be plotted on the chart? Thanks Vince You can use an IF formula with NA(). For example: =IF(B2="",NA(),B...

Logarithmic charts
How should the data be entered in a logarithmic chart. I want the log data entries to be on the left and the other data to be displyed on the bottom. My chart will give a logarithmic resistance vs RH. I have tried to list the data by columns left to right first the resistance then thRH for 4 different series. It just doesn,t look right and I cannot change anything easily. Are there any sources for making charts in excel ,especialy Logarithmic ones? Thanks for any help? Hi Ed, In A1:A10 enter your resistance values (the x-values) In B2:B10 enter the RH (meaning?) values (the y-values) Sel...

2axis chart
Hi, I have a tricky chart I want to make. So far it looks okay, but I have a problem that I hope is fixable. I have 5 data series that I want to represent in a graph with 2 axis. I want to use the stacked column type of graph putting 2 series each in one column. ie series = Actuals1, Actuals2, Budget1, Budget2, Last years totals. I want 1 stack showing Actuals1 & Actuals2 together, another showing Budget1 & Budget2 together and a line showing last years totals(I'd prefer another seperate bar for this on it's own, but can figure out how to do this). So far I have got...

Adding Lines Onto Charts #2
Hi, Thanks for the reply, Unfortunatley, this technique wont work with the way I have the graph laid out. It wipes out the layout of the bottom axis. Does anyone have any other idea's please? Thanks in advance Darrell... -- q582gmzh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- q582gmzhi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1136 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26950 Hi, You can use an additional data series with error bars to draw the dividers. Using you example workbook put t...

How to email charts using Excel
Hi All, I need to automatically email(in a single mail) a number of charts(as embedded in the email-body) using Excel. I have coded in VBA such that Each chart is created in different workbook. How can I collate all of these and then send in a single mail?? Can somebody please help?? ...

How do I clear the formating of the area OUTSIDE my chart on my w.

How to create chart basic
How to create a scatter chart with spread sheet below. The x axis may be location and Y axis are lot name Lot value location A 3 1 A 4 2 A 5 3 B 6 1 B 4 2 B 2 3 C 5 1 C 6 2 C 8 3 D 4 1 D 9 2 D 5 3 Daniel, Highlight the whole chart of data. Select the Chart Wizard on the top of Excel screen. Select the scatter plot. Data should be "rows" not "columns". Select the "Series" tab. "Name:" ="A" "X Values:" =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$4 "Y Values:" =Sheet1!$C$2:$C$4 This assumes that your data is in column A thru C, Lot in A1, value in ...

make chart based on equation
How can I make an excel chart based on an equation? On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I make an excel chart based on an equation? Your equation will be in the form y=f(x). Create two columns, one of which is filled with values of x, and the other filled with copies of the equation f as an Excel formula, referring to the x values. Now make an XY Chart using these two columns. -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- ...

Incorrect Data Labels on Column Chart
Hi, I'm having problems with certain data labels on columns within a chart, where the column reflects the correct data, but the data label contains the incorrect value. The value is the previous value of the chart before the data series were changed. Here's some background info that may or may not help explain why this is happening. I started with a worksheet containing 10 charts (5 line and 5 column), which worked great. This worksheet served as a template for 9 more worksheets, each containing the same 10 charts, linked to different data series. There weren't any iss...

Org Chart in Order
I have a list of companies for an org chart and I want to bring them into Visio 2007 to create an org chart and in the order they are entered. They being created in random order. Unfortunately it is by design (improves drawing performance), al "Eric Kaplan" <Eric Kaplan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41AFCDCF-8E6C-4089-B7F2-2CFE174E4D06@microsoft.com... > I have a list of companies for an org chart and I want to bring them into > Visio 2007 to create an org chart and in the order they are entered. They > being created in random order. ...

resize chart #2
i want to resize a pie chart in excel without resizing the space around it. ie i want the border around the chart to fit closely to the chart. any ideas? Hi, You can resize the actual pie part of the chart by selecting the plotarea (square box bounding the slices). Select the chart and use the Up/Down cursor key to cycle thru the chart elements. Once the plotarea is selected you can drag to resize. Or use the chart toolbar to select the plotarea. Or to click it, image the pie is in a box so click a corner area close to the slices at roughly the 2,5,7 or 11 o'clock positions. Chee...

Dynamic Charts with sub-groups?
I frequently create dynamic charts via look-up tables using Excel 2007. I want to create dynamic charts capable of displaying results for different types of sub-groups without having blanks or zeros appearing in the chart. As an example, I want to create a dynamic chart that charts 4 age groups or 2 gender groups (but the gender chart cannot have any blanks or zero/NA fills). I have to think there's a way around it but my Excel skills aren't that advanced. ...

A different Graph/Chart
Hi I am quite an experiance excel user. I want to plot a graph, and want something more "in your face" than the everday line, 2 axis, area, bars, floating waterfalls , pie charts etc. Its unfortunate i am only on 2002 here whereas my recent last companyt i was on 2007. My data is basically years across the top (X), and categories down the side (Y), with various sales info to plot. Any good ideas from all you great excel wizzes out there on something a bit special or different on charting this data? Many Many Thanks Matt -- Matt Lynn Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.of...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Copying Excel 2007 Charts as picture into Word
Having a heck of a time trying to automate a process where we copy Excel 2007 charts and paste to a Word document as pictures. The code works and copies all of the relevant ranges from Excel. But when pasting to Word the chart disappears? Not a problem when the desired exhibit being pasted is all text from Excel. But for some reason the chart object (and it doesn't matter what kind of chart, line, bar, pie, etc.) won't copy over to the Word document. Never had this problem in earlier versions of Excel. Always pasted charts fine. Copying out of Excel using: objXL.Range...

Converting pivot table data to chart in report
Hi All, I have a queries to extract the information I need from the database and display them in a pivottable format suits my need perfertly fine. However right now everything I need a chart I will have to export the pivottable infortion to excel for charting. Is there a way to get "report" to produce a chart from a query pivottable? p.s. I spent a day playing around with report in Ms-Access, but just never get waht I wanted. Any link to tutorial on Ms-Access report creation would be great too. thanks. ...

Chart Data Table, Data Range, etc. do not update on Chart
I have two Excel Workbooks. Workbook 1 contains the data and a line chart. Workbook 2 contains just a line chart of the same data as in Workbook 1. I copied the line chart from workbook 1 to workbook 2 using copy/paste. If the amounts change with in the existing data range then both line charts (workbook 1 & workbook 2) update fine. However, when I need to change the range of the data to include more cells only the line chart in workbook 1 is updated. The line chart in workbook two does not reflect the changes to the data range made to the line chart in workbook 1. What is the best ...

x Bar and R chart
Has anyone created an x-Bar and R chart in excel. Uncle bob: I entered XBar Chart Excel and found over 9,200 references. So there is a lot out there for you to look at. There are a number of commercial add-ins if you are undertaking a major Statistical process Control (SPC) program. On the other hand, there are dozens of free downloads if your are looking for "how to" information. I have put a simple control chart "how to" on my site that may help to get you started. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm .... Kelly koday@processtrends.com &qu...

Problem with scatter chart in 07.
I'm making thrust curves in Excel using scatter charts. I've got tables that have thrust vs speed for each gear. When I limit the data series range to cells with data in them, everything works and each data series has the correct registry vs the x (speed) axis. But now I'm creating a generic spreadsheet where any user could cut and paste data from chassis dynos, so I've changed the tables that get filled out to be longer. I use if(location <> 0, value, "") statements to keep unneeded cells from being filled with zeros, and now all the series get placed on...

Excel Chart y-axis title
Hi, I have been having a problem with the chart y-axis title box. It cannot be resized and the titles I put in are truncated when printed. This seems to happen randomly as some title appear ok, sometimes. Any assistance on how to get this resolved will be very much appreciated. I have tried changing the size of the lettering to know success. Thanks Jon Peltier posted some information on this problem in the following thread: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=OHBI1YNyEHA.804%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl Kuzemdoo Dawuni wrote: > Hi, > I have been having a problem with the chart...

Charting and analyzing Times' times data for trends
Hello, all, I have created a spreadsheet in Excel 2000 that tracks the amount of time it has taken me on various dates to finish the New York Time crossword puzzle, and now I'm being asked to analyze that information for trends. The XLS file can be found at http://barelybad.com/xwd_times_may04_2005_138.xls. Only rows 10:426 matter. Is it possible to chart all seven days' worth of data (dates on the x-axis and times on the y-axis) on one chart? I would have thought so, but I can't figure it out. Also, you'll see from where I tried to chart the Monday times that the result ...

Can I combine a stacked bar with regular bars on the same chart?
I am trying to create a chart, a vertical bar graph, but would like the first bar to be a "stacked bar" (reflecting a combination of two bits of data) and then the rest just a single bar representing the single bit of data. Is there a way to do that? Hi, If you plot two series as stacked bar, where the data for 1 series only contains a value for the first point you will get the chart you describe. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CAEA44A-8BA7-4832-B5A0-...